Now Can You Imagine If That School Shooting Took Place In Chicago?

God forbid we have gun registration ! Oh the horror !!
Would gun registration have prevented the tragedy in Oregon?
Their new law mandating background checks for all (even private) sale or transfer of weapons has done the trick, hasn't it?

I don't know the details on Oregon guy.

A major issue wh shootings is guns falling into the wrong hands because of straw purchases . If we treated them like cars we could follow the line . People wouldn't hand guns to criminals cause they would be on the hook . And good people can still have their guns wh no problem .

If we treated them like cars we could follow the line .

Great idea.

That way, when someone steals a gun, we know who took it.

U get your gun back when it's found . How many guns are really being stolen ?!

Their new law mandating background checks for all (even private) sale or transfer of weapons has done the trick, hasn't it?

A major issue wh shootings is guns falling into the wrong hands because of straw purchases . If we treated them like cars we could follow the line . People wouldn't hand guns to criminals cause they would be on the hook . And good people can still have their guns wh no problem .

Funny, till 1968 there was no real such thing as a "straw purchase". Anyone could buy a firearm for anyone else, and did. Hell, before 1934 one could buy grenades and machine guns as easy as buying a single shot 22. If your theory held water, we'd have been having "these killings" since the founding of our country. Even if what you say is true the law in 68 didn't make any impact, obviously.

I hate to break it to you, but there is a huge black market out their for firearms, created by the laws our inept government passed, and partially supplied by our government's own arms sales to terrorists and states all over the world. If one needs a gun, one doesn't need to go to a licensed dealer and have someone else make the purchase for him.

Some of you don't seem to have much experience in the real world.

If we treated them like cars we could follow the line .

Great idea.

That way, when someone steals a gun, we know who took it.

U get your gun back when it's found . How many guns are really being stolen ?!

According to this website, about 1.4 million between 2005-2010

Bureau of Justice Statistics Firearms Stolen during Household Burglaries and Other Property Crimes, 2005-2010

That would be over a quarter million a year.

You have a better chance of getting your car back than your gun.

actually the kids shooting back would of made for an interesting scene if 1/2 of the kids were armed and the lunatic had no idea.

There's a black market because of crappy gun nut states make it so easy . Other first world countries don't have the same issues we do.

And Arron Burr shot Hamilton back in the day . Gun violence isn't new .

There's a black market because of crappy gun nut states make it so easy . Other first world countries don't have the same issues we do.

There's a black market because of crappy gun nut states make it so easy

You do know that if you want to buy a gun in a different state, legally, you need to have it shipped to a qualified receiver and pass a background check before you can take possession, right?

Other first world countries don't have the same issues we do.

And none of them have a Second Amendment, stating the Right of the people to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed, do they?

More BS. It's illegal to transfer guns over state lines unless it is being transferred between licensed dealers. Another case where the law obviously doesn't stop criminals, only us law-abiding folk are affected.

Other countries have even worse issues that we do, not the least of which is the fact that they don't enjoy the same freedoms that we have...freedoms that ninnies like you would gladly give away for a little false security.

Uh, Burr and Hamilton had this thing called a duel...which you should probably be glad we don't still do today.

anyone looking forward to the 2016 South Chicago winter when it will be 0, or below 0 for three months,,,,too cold for bullets to fire or travel.

I don't really see the point. You can "what if" the shit out of anything and everything. A big reason Chicago's firearm ordinances are and will remain to be ineffectual is one can cross over to Indiana and buy almost any kind of firearm they desire. Indiana has probably the fewest restrictions on owning, operating, and carrying firearms in the country.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "cross over" but the premise still holds. Hard to tell where Chicago stops and Indiana starts.

Last edited:
anyone looking forward to the 2016 South Chicago winter when it will be 0, or below 0 for three months,,,,too cold for bullets to fire or travel.
i can just see these thugs with their K-Mart hand guns throwing a fit when there guns dont work in sub-0 weather.

I don't really see the point. You can "what if" the shit out of anything and everything. A big reason Chicago's firearm ordinances are and will remain to be ineffectual is one can cross over to Indiana and buy almost any kind of firearm they desire. Indiana has probably the fewest restrictions on owning, operating, and carrying firearms in the country.

A big reason Chicago's firearm ordinances are and will remain to be ineffectual is one can cross over to Indiana and buy almost any kind of firearm they desire.

Not without legally passing a background check

Indiana Gun Laws - Gun | Laws.com

Considering the number of firearms in the US and amount gun violence, I doubt it would make much difference. Registration is a drop in bucket. I think what would make a difference is gun laws similar to the ones passed in Australia.

In 1996, Australia banned semiautomatic and automatic rifles and shotguns. It also instituted a mandatory buy-back program for newly banned weapons. Firearm homicide rates fell by 59 percent, and the firearm suicide rate fell by 65 percent, in the decade after the law was introduced, without a parallel increase in non-firearm homicides and suicides.

Did gun control work in Australia?

you can just see the local news that night. Our top story tonight, a few high school kids were shot, the shooter still not identified, possibly some angry white dude who voted for John McCain. Never the less,,,,just another day in South Chicago,,,,,next up......)())()(

Maybe I shouldn't have said "cross over" but the premise still holds. Hard to tell where Chicago stops and Indiana starts.

Interstate transfers of firearms by anyone other than a licensed dealer is against federal law. Thanks for highlighting the futility of yet another gun control law. Maybe we could make it a double-secret law? Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Considering the number of firearms in the US and amount gun violence, I doubt it would make much difference. Registration is a drop in bucket. I think what would make a difference is gun laws similar to the ones passed in Australia.

In 1996, Australia banned semiautomatic and automatic rifles and shotguns. It also instituted a mandatory buy-back program for newly banned weapons. Firearm homicide rates fell by 59 percent, and the firearm suicide rate fell by 65 percent, in the decade after the law was introduced, without a parallel increase in non-firearm homicides and suicides.

Did gun control work in Australia?

You'll start a war, kid.

A big reason Chicago's firearm ordinances are and will remain to be ineffectual is one can cross over to Indiana and buy almost any kind of firearm they desire.

Not without legally passing a background check

Indiana Gun Laws - Gun | Laws.com
You don't have to pass a background check from a private seller. I think CCLs are not required to have a background check either.

More BS. It's illegal to transfer guns over state lines unless it is being transferred between licensed dealers. Another case where the law obviously doesn't stop criminals, only us law-abiding folk are affected.

Other countries have even worse issues that we do, not the least of which is the fact that they don't enjoy the same freedoms that we have...freedoms that ninnies like you would gladly give away for a little false security.

Uh, Burr and Hamilton had this thing called a duel...which you should probably be glad we don't still do today.
Gun laws are weak and ineffective because they are designed to be. The gun lobby makes sure of that. Our gun laws have no chance of really reducing the killing. They are like taking an aspirin to cure cancer.

Interstate transfers of firearms by anyone other than a licensed dealer is against federal law. Thanks for highlighting the futility of yet another gun control law. Maybe we could make it a double-secret law? Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
Still doesn't stop people from buying guns legally in Indiana and taking them back to Chicago.

"For a $5 dollar entry fee, you can buy all sorts of stuff at the gun show – bullets, handbags with hidden pockets, and of course, guns. The law for buying a gun is different for those who live in Indiana than those who live in Illinois.

It’s so easy here, the dealers joked with our producer and photographer about it. One bragging, “We deal with Illinois residents all the time and we invite them to come to Indiana.”
Indiana guns: Favorite of Chicago gangbangers

Gun laws are weak and ineffective because they are designed to be. The gun lobby makes sure of that. Our gun laws have no chance of really reducing the killing. They are like taking an aspirin to cure cancer.

More bullshit. Gun laws are weak and ineffective because CRIMINALS DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT LAWS. Such a simple truth, yet allegedly intelligent people can't seem to grasp it.

Forum List

Back