Now Can You Imagine If That School Shooting Took Place In Chicago?

I don't really see the point. You can "what if" the shit out of anything and everything. A big reason Chicago's firearm ordinances are and will remain to be ineffectual is one can cross over to Indiana and buy almost any kind of firearm they desire. Indiana has probably the fewest restrictions on owning, operating, and carrying firearms in the country.

A big reason Chicago's firearm ordinances are and will remain to be ineffectual is one can cross over to Indiana and buy almost any kind of firearm they desire.

Not without legally passing a background check

Indiana Gun Laws - Gun | Laws.com
You don't have to pass a background check from a private seller. I think CCLs are not required to have a background check either.

CCL?

Concealed Carry License?

CCLs require a deeper background check than a firearm does.

They wouldn't need a background check for a private sale in Illinois either.

I don't really see the point. You can "what if" the shit out of anything and everything. A big reason Chicago's firearm ordinances are and will remain to be ineffectual is one can cross over to Indiana and buy almost any kind of firearm they desire. Indiana has probably the fewest restrictions on owning, operating, and carrying firearms in the country.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "cross over" but the premise still holds. Hard to tell where Chicago stops and Indiana starts.

Interstate transfers of firearms by anyone other than a licensed dealer is against federal law. Thanks for highlighting the futility of yet another gun control law. Maybe we could make it a double-secret law? Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
Still doesn't stop people from buying guns legally in Indiana and taking them back to Chicago.

"For a $5 dollar entry fee, you can buy all sorts of stuff at the gun show – bullets, handbags with hidden pockets, and of course, guns. The law for buying a gun is different for those who live in Indiana than those who live in Illinois.

It’s so easy here, the dealers joked with our producer and photographer about it. One bragging, “We deal with Illinois residents all the time and we invite them to come to Indiana.”
Indiana guns: Favorite of Chicago gangbangers

No, the federal laws concerning firearms are the same in all 50 states (duh), and federal law makes it illegal for anyone but a licensed dealer to engage in interstate transfers (that means both sales, and transport) of firearms. If people are doing it, they are breaking the law, thus proving once again that gun laws do nothing to prevent criminals from breaking them. Fucking, duh.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "cross over" but the premise still holds. Hard to tell where Chicago stops and Indiana starts.

Interstate transfers of firearms by anyone other than a licensed dealer is against federal law. Thanks for highlighting the futility of yet another gun control law. Maybe we could make it a double-secret law? Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
Still doesn't stop people from buying guns legally in Indiana and taking them back to Chicago.

"For a $5 dollar entry fee, you can buy all sorts of stuff at the gun show – bullets, handbags with hidden pockets, and of course, guns. The law for buying a gun is different for those who live in Indiana than those who live in Illinois.

It’s so easy here, the dealers joked with our producer and photographer about it. One bragging, “We deal with Illinois residents all the time and we invite them to come to Indiana.”

From your link: "But it’s easy to scam. Like one now infamous guy who simply used a fake Indiana drivers license."

He broke the law, so he could break the law, and then lied on the background check.

Nothing legal about it, from start to finish

There's a black market because of crappy gun nut states make it so easy . Other first world countries don't have the same issues we do.

And Arron Burr shot Hamilton back in the day . Gun violence isn't new .
Burr/Hamilton was a duel; a matter of honor you are not apt to understand.

Other countries don't have the problems we do because they don't have 1/8 of their citizens thinking the world owes them a living and the rules don't apply.
Half of the violent crime in this country is committed by 12% of our population.

Last edited:

From your link: "But it’s easy to scam. Like one now infamous guy who simply used a fake Indiana drivers license."

He broke the law, so he could break the law, and then lied on the background check.

I love it when the people screaming for more laws prove how ineffective laws are in preventing crime in their own words.

Murder has been illegal for centuries...yet people still commit murders. So the do-gooders come up with new and exciting kinds of murder laws, like "hate" murders...which of course still don't stop murders, but it makes them feel all nice a creative and involved. I'm still waiting for double secret probation murders...if we would have had that kind of law I am sure it would have prevented the Germans from bombing Pearl Harbor! :lol:

Study gun laws. Many states have less restrictions on firearms than Indiana. Vermont, for example has none. By your logic, Manchester should be the murder capitol of the world, not Chicago. Why isn't it? Study demographics of both cities. You may have the intellectual capacity to figure it out all by yourself, but if you falter, ask me.

People who want to buy guns to use in their criminal activities can buy all they want in Chicago.

I love it when the people screaming for more laws prove how ineffective laws are in preventing crime in their own words.

Murder has been illegal for centuries...yet people still commit murders. So the do-gooders come up with new and exciting kinds of murder laws, like "hate" murders...which of course still don't stop murders, but it makes them feel all nice a creative and involved. I'm still waiting for double secret probation murders...if we would have had that kind of law I am sure it would have prevented the Germans from bombing Pearl Harbor! :lol:
Germans????

Germans????

double secret probation
germans bombing pearl harbor

ring any bells?

bluto.jpg

A big reason Chicago's firearm ordinances are and will remain to be ineffectual is one can cross over to Indiana and buy almost any kind of firearm they desire.

You don't have to pass a background check from a private seller. I think CCLs are not required to have a background check either.
CCLs have to go through a background check more stringent than gun purchasers. Like I said before, if you want to debate gun laws, you should really KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Germans????

double secret probation
germans bombing pearl harbor

ring any bells?

bluto.jpg

Oh! sorry.

CCLs have to go through a background check more stringent than gun purchasers. Like I said before, if you want to debate gun laws, you should really KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

If they knew what they were talking about they wouldn't be debating us...or whatever it is they are trying to do.

Hardly debate.... More like a combination of a two year old's temper tantrum and Tourette's syndrome.

CCL?

Concealed Carry License?

No, the federal laws concerning firearms are the same in all 50 states (duh), and federal law makes it illegal for anyone but a licensed dealer to engage in interstate transfers (that means both sales, and transport) of firearms. If people are doing it, they are breaking the law, thus proving once again that gun laws do nothing to prevent criminals from breaking them. Fucking, duh.

You guys are concentrating on the steak and not the peas. The point is Chicago has and will continue to have a high rate of gun violence, in spite of their ban, because of the availability of most any type of weapon in the surrounding communities. Yes. Gun running is illegal; the penalties laughable, in respect to the carnage it creates. It would also seem that current gun laws are a joke as well. Granted some guns will inevitably slip through into the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. But the ease at which these people can obtain firearms is astonishing. I can fill the trunk of a car with guns and ammunition from a show. Until I cross the border, I have yet to commit a crime nor had any sort of background check performed. By then it's probably too late for law enforcement.

CCL?

Concealed Carry License?

You guys are concentrating on the steak and not the peas. The point is Chicago has and will continue to have a high rate of gun violence, in spite of their ban, because of the availability of most any type of weapon in the surrounding communities. Yes. Gun running is illegal; the penalties laughable, in respect to the carnage it creates. It would also seem that current gun laws are a joke as well. Granted some guns will inevitably slip through into the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. But the ease at which these people can obtain firearms is astonishing. I can fill the trunk of a car with guns and ammunition from a show. Until I cross the border, I have yet to commit a crime nor had any sort of background check performed. By then it's probably too late for law enforcement.

Details count. First the excuse is Indiana, now it's surrounding communities. Sorry, but neither excuse holds water. I can buy a gun off the street in Chicago much easier than I can buy a gun in the surrounding communities. It's illegal for me to do so in either case...once again proving the basic truth you continue to wish away - laws have no impact on the actions of criminals. That's the meat and the peas, son.

FYI if you purchase a firearm in a state other than yours, you have broken federal law, period. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, Why? Because only licensed dealers can do interstate transfers. If the Indiana dealer sells you a firearm, you have both broken the law. If you lie on the 4473 and claim you live in Indiana, you have broken the law.

CCL?

Concealed Carry License?

Only by buying them illegally, or did you miss that point?

You cannot, under Federal Law, buy a handgun in a state other than your state of residence, without arranging for shipment TO a licensed dealer, in your state of residence.

Where did I say that?
Fingerprints are really "stringent." Apparently you Dan have the same problem with reading comprehension.

CCL?

Concealed Carry License?

You cannot, under Federal Law, buy a handgun in a state other than your state of residence, without arranging for shipment TO a licensed dealer, in your state of residence.
None of them would be bought illegally. It would be near impossible to determine intent.

Where did I say that?
Fingerprints are really "stringent." Apparently you Dan have the same problem with reading comprehension.

You keep proving how ineffective gun laws are with your examples of all the illegal transfers between states. and you don't even know it...too funny. :lol:

CCL?

Concealed Carry License?

None of them were bought illegally. It would be near impossible to determine intent.

Please read carefully. It is illegal under federal law for anyone but a licensed dealer to do interstate transfers of firearms.

Illinois resident buys gun in Indiana - illegal
Indiana resident sells gun to Illinois resident - illegal
Indiana resident buys gun in Indiana and transports it to Illinois - illegal

Yet you insist this is happening...and I don't doubt it. The point is that it is ALREADY ILLEGAL, proving that laws don't stop criminals and more laws...doing the same thing...doesn't achieve a different result.

Forum List

Back