Now the democrats will get credit for ending gridlock

Some posters just don't want govt. to work unless their guy is in charge.

Hmmm...so the thing that Obama, Biden and Reid all made impassioned speeches about NOT doing when they were in the minority party...they have now turned around and DONE when they are in the majority party? These people never cease to amaze...

Does the prodigal son amaze you?

I can't wait to hear the WAILS of protest coming from liberals when they lose majority control of government and Republicans return the favor. Doh! Didn't think of that...did you?

It will be interesting to see how the electorate take this change in Senate procedures. I expect that most will not give a flip, while others don't understand it. The GOP will use this as an issue in 2014, but I doubt it will make much difference. Ask a GOP Senator is they will change the rules back when they gain a majority....SILENCE....

The GOP has abused the filibuster, which by the way, is not mentioned in the Constitution. They have only themselves to blame.

Republicans have only themselves to blame for Reid?s ?nuclear option?

Why has evidence in the Kennedy Assassination been locked away for all of these years?

Next year when the republicans take the senate and increase their hold in the house, the democrats will love no gridlock.

End gridlock and democrats will pass more harmful policies and appoint more unqualified, but ideologically motivated judges. By next year, the public should be seething.

Hoping for the dumbing down of the electorate is a stupid fantasy. If the cons can convince the American people that they don't deserve health care, and throwing the elderly out in the street is a good idea, and taking away women's rights is cool, and destroying education will make America great again,and giving everything to the rich is the moral thing to do, ...then this country deserves the GOP. Good fucking luck with that.

Idiot

You deserve to purchase all the heath care and health insurance you wish to.. with your own money or use thru voluntary charitable donation

Name one REP or CON that advocated 'throwing the elderly out on the street'

You do not get to take away one human's rights at the expense of another human's right... and an unborn human is still a human.. as a dad of a once premature child who was born during the gestation time period where someone could have aborted her.. I say FUCK YOU.. and I am sure she does too

Nobody is giving anything to the rich.. as a matter of fact most CONs are against government entitlement of ANY kind.. keeping the same % of your income as everyone else or reducing the amount government takes away to redistribute in entitlements is not 'giving' the rich anything

Go kill yourself and make the world a better place

The good news is, the gridlock is ended.
The bad news is, the gridlock is ended.

When the party in power gives itself absolute power, the republic no longer exists. Democrats have a year to do as much damage as they can, so they will do as much as they can.

The Republicans Voting no, no, no hasn't seemed to work too well, so they moved to gridlock and shutting down the government and that hasn't worked too well either. Is that now the only Republican purpose for existing--to destroy. Are Republicans that desperate or that angry that they take their anger out on the nation?

It will be interesting to see how the electorate take this change in Senate procedures. I expect that most will not give a flip, while others don't understand it. The GOP will use this as an issue in 2014, but I doubt it will make much difference. Ask a GOP Senator is they will change the rules back when they gain a majority....SILENCE....

The GOP has abused the filibuster, which by the way, is not mentioned in the Constitution. They have only themselves to blame.

lol, just like they didn't give a flip over Democrats shoving Ofailnocare down our throats against their will and gave the house to Republicans afterwards..

you can keep hoping I suppose...

Hmmm...so the thing that Obama, Biden and Reid all made impassioned speeches about NOT doing when they were in the minority party...they have now turned around and DONE when they are in the majority party? These people never cease to amaze...

I can't wait to hear the WAILS of protest coming from liberals when they lose majority control of government and Republicans return the favor. Doh! Didn't think of that...did you?

LOLberals can never see past tomorrow. They are rather shallow on that. And since all this "fuck you" over changing 250 years of senate rule over it, you can be sure republicans, WHEN they take the majority, will make this a very bad decision for democrats. And they will recieve no sympathy for their hypocrisy on it either.

I did not like it when the dems did it during BushII.

It will be great fun listening to the statist pigs squealing when the GOP uses this tactic in 2015... I can hear it now... "you're shredding the constitution!" They'll all become strict constitutionalists at that point totally forgetting their own BS.

:lol:

Next year when the republicans take the senate and increase their hold in the house, the democrats will love no gridlock.

End gridlock and democrats will pass more harmful policies and appoint more unqualified, but ideologically motivated judges. By next year, the public should be seething.

Well then why are Republicans in such a snit? They should be getting ready to take over and put their programs into operation maybe they will even extend their new program called Gridlock to state governments?
Has a judge ever been appointed that was not unqualified and ideologically motivated according to one of the political parties?

Democrat sheep are a danger to us and our country

People, you need to vote these Progressives out of POWER over us, who are shredding our checks and balances in this country...There was a reason not to just let all these judges SAIL through with no objections..

Hey, objections noted. Now let us sail them through LOL

Excellent way to start a counter-revolution......

It is as simple as A or B...

A) The OP is a troll, and made this thread to watch the fire burn.
B) Is really this stupid

lol, just like they didn't give a flip over Democrats shoving Ofailnocare down our throats against their will and gave the house to Republicans afterwards..

you can keep hoping I suppose...

Steph, you are comparing a program that effected the insurance coverage of citizens to a change that effects the minority party in the Senate? Really?

Once the web site is fixed and the enrollment is up for ACA, the GOP will wish they moved on immigration....cause their continued obstruction in that area will continue to stand in their way. That is what you need to be worried about.

If both sides would try to compromise and pass legislation that is REALLY beneficial for the country then majority votes would not be so disastrous for either party.
However,(see chart on webpage), the number of absolute cloture by the 112 congress, something needed to be changed. $senate_cloture_votes_chart.jpg

Most voting Americans are too oblivious to understand or care about things like "supermajority votes" or filibuster, or voting to end a filibuster.

But these rules are in place for a very good reason.

It is NOT APPROPRIATE for major changes, major policy decisions, major new programs, or lifetime appointments to Federal benches to be made on a mere majority vote. The majority can change every two years (more frequently in the event of resignations or deaths or individuals changing parties), and major decisions SHOULD require at least a modicum of bi-partisan support. Otherwise, we could have major policies changing in whiplash fashion, to everyone's detriment.

This is why ObamaCare is such a disaster from the standpoint of protocol. It was passed by a thin, single party majority, many of whom were "lame ducks" at the time when their votes were cast. IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PERMITTED TO HAPPEN.

But Harry Reid is a scumbag; who didn't know that?

If both sides would try to compromise and pass legislation that is REALLY beneficial for the country then majority votes would not be so disastrous for either party.
However,(see chart on webpage), the number of absolute cloture by the 112 congress, something needed to be changed.View attachment 28421

Yes indeed... the amount of power and legislation that government is attempting to grab more of.... that is what needs to be changed

It is SUPPOSED to be hard for government to expand, do more, spend more, and take control more

Oh so Harry Reid is going to let all those bills the House has passed come up for a vote in the Senate?

Wait, no?

So much for your theory of ending gridlock.

Hoping for the dumbing down of the electorate is a stupid fantasy. If the cons can convince the American people that they don't deserve health care, and throwing the elderly out in the street is a good idea, and taking away women's rights is cool, and destroying education will make America great again,and giving everything to the rich is the moral thing to do, ...then this country deserves the GOP. Good fucking luck with that.

Idiot

You deserve to purchase all the heath care and health insurance you wish to.. with your own money or use thru voluntary charitable donation

Name one REP or CON that advocated 'throwing the elderly out on the street'

You do not get to take away one human's rights at the expense of another human's right... and an unborn human is still a human.. as a dad of a once premature child who was born during the gestation time period where someone could have aborted her.. I say FUCK YOU.. and I am sure she does too

Nobody is giving anything to the rich.. as a matter of fact most CONs are against government entitlement of ANY kind.. keeping the same % of your income as everyone else or reducing the amount government takes away to redistribute in entitlements is not 'giving' the rich anything

Go kill yourself and make the world a better place

^ Charming....and from a RWr. :D

Forum List

Back