Number of guns in society falling sharply

Leave it to the left to spin logic into a pretzel. Everyone knows that gun ownership has dramatically increased especially during left wing administrations like Clinton and especially Obama. A lot of experts would say that (legal) gun ownership is the reason for lower gun crime rate. Gun violence has increased in in areas where gun ownership has been restricted. It's more dangerous to live in Obama's adopted home town of Chicago than it is to live in Afghanistan.

If everyone knows it, you'll have no problem producing those statistics.

Bullshit.

The police use there firearms to stop crimes in progress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and how many justifiable homicides do they average per year nationwide?

Justifiable homicides by police on the rise - James Alan Fox - Crime & Punishment blog - Boston.com

No one is debating that police should have guns.

The FBI stats were on civilian uses of guns, which are actually pretty rare in use for self defense.

201 self-defence homicides compared to 11,101 murders and 19,766 suicides and 851 accidental gun deaths.

A gun is four times more likely to kill someone by accident than kill a bad guy.

I have many guns at home. I am surrounded by guns at work. Not one of them has ever killed anyone either accidently or intentionally.

And if one of them did, would that change your mind? Somehow, I doubt it.

No one is debating that police should have guns.

The FBI stats were on civilian uses of guns, which are actually pretty rare in use for self defense.

201 self-defence homicides compared to 11,101 murders and 19,766 suicides and 851 accidental gun deaths.

A gun is four times more likely to kill someone by accident than kill a bad guy.

I have many guns at home. I am surrounded by guns at work. Not one of them has ever killed anyone either accidently or intentionally.

Seriously? If your car spontaneously started and drove into a crowd of schoolkids would you give up driving?

Seriously? If your car spontaneously started and drove into a crowd of schoolkids would you give up driving?

Yes, I probably would!

I would certainly want to give some thought to car safety, and I would consider the safety of my family in a different light. Who wouldn't?

No, but if someone stole my car and mowed down a bunch of kids, you are damned right I would make sure that the next car I owned had a car alarm and one of those thingees you put on the steering wheel to keep people from jacking it.

Of course, my car isn't designed to kill people. Guns are.

No, but if someone stole my car and mowed down a bunch of kids, you are damned right I would make sure that the next car I owned had a car alarm and one of those thingees you put on the steering wheel to keep people from jacking it.

Guns are not designed to kill people. They are designed to shoot bullets. Where the gun is aimed, when the gun is fired is a product of the person holding it, not the item itself.

It is interesting that you attribute human characteristics to an inanimate object, even entertaining the idea that the gun will spontaneously fire on its own. Obviously you have no familiarity with guns whatsoever. But you also have a magical thinking that is prevalent in primitive societies. Perhaps you should grow up?

Guns are not designed to kill people.

Man....there are going to be a lot of people holding AK-47s that are going to be pissed off to find it was not designed with killing people in mind.

How would you know?
I've sold many AKs. I doubt one has killed a single person. I doubt any of them have remained unfired as well.

Rabbi -

Design work on the AK-47 began in the last year of World War II (1945). After the war in 1946, the AK-46 was presented for official military trials. In 1948 the fixed-stock version was introduced into active service with selected units of the Soviet Army. An early development of the design was the AKS (S—Skladnoy or "folding"), which was equipped with an underfolding metal shoulder stock. In 1949, the AK-47 was officially accepted by the Soviet Armed Forces[10] and used by the majority of the member states of the Warsaw Pact.

AK-47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So your contention is that this military weapon was not designed to kill people.

Baffling.

Rabbi -

Design work on the AK-47 began in the last year of World War II (1945). After the war in 1946, the AK-46 was presented for official military trials. In 1948 the fixed-stock version was introduced into active service with selected units of the Soviet Army. An early development of the design was the AKS (S—Skladnoy or "folding"), which was equipped with an underfolding metal shoulder stock. In 1949, the AK-47 was officially accepted by the Soviet Armed Forces[10] and used by the majority of the member states of the Warsaw Pact.

So your contention is that this military weapon was not designed to kill people.

Baffling.
It was designed to shoot bullets. The killing comes from pointing the gun and pulling the trigger, done by the operator.
Another fail from the resident porro Skeida.

[

Guns are not designed to kill people. They are designed to shoot bullets. Where the gun is aimed, when the gun is fired is a product of the person holding it, not the item itself.

It is interesting that you attribute human characteristics to an inanimate object, even entertaining the idea that the gun will spontaneously fire on its own. Obviously you have no familiarity with guns whatsoever. But you also have a magical thinking that is prevalent in primitive societies. Perhaps you should grow up?

Firearms were invented to kill people, and every advance made in them has been in making them more effective in killing people.

Which in and of itself is a good reason to restrict who can buy them.

But you make money selling guns to the Nancy Lanza's of the world, and frankly, it's hard to get a man to understand a problem when his livlihood is based on him not understanding it.

[

Firearms were invented to kill people, and every advance made in them has been in making them more effective in killing people.

Which in and of itself is a good reason to restrict who can buy them.

But you make money selling guns to the Nancy Lanza's of the world, and frankly, it's hard to get a man to understand a problem when his livlihood is based on him not understanding it.

Given that you know nothing about firearms your comments are hilarious.

Rabbi -

In other words, you cannot fault his thinking at all.

Let me guess - you will now starting telling us how you kicked ass on this thread.

Rabbi -

In other words, you cannot fault his thinking at all.

Let me guess - you will now starting telling us how you kicked ass on this thread.

There was no thinking to fault. Anyone who believes that guns will spontaneously fire and kill people isn't thinking.
Will you admit that you have been wrong on every assertion you continue to make on these threads?

Joe thinks guns are Mormons.

Look at the gun mags today. They are not about hunting guns, they are about 'tactical weapons', weapons made for the sole purpose of killing other people. Our gun culture are the symptoms of some very sick people. I own hunting guns, and would not allow one of the war weapons in my home.

These gun nuts are insecure, fearful, and careless in their handling of the dangerous weapons that they own.

Rabbi -

Baffling.
It was designed to shoot bullets. The killing comes from pointing the gun and pulling the trigger, done by the operator.
Another fail from the resident porro Skeida.

Tell all that bullshit to the children of Sandy Hook.

I really believe at this point that we need some major laws concerning those that deal in this kind of weapon.

Rabbi -

Baffling.

Soldiers are "designed" to kill people. Guns can make them more efficient at it, but they never wake up one morning and decide to go on a shooting rampage.
Saying a gun is designed to kill people is the same as saying a hammer is designed to open coconuts.

Forum List

Back