NY Subway shooter was known to FBI…where were they?

I'll tell you what they told me when I reported a violent criminal threatening to mass murder people.............

"We can't do anything until they kill a certain amount of people".

Which is the exact same thing the CDC told me about some nasty **** sneezing and coughing her germs and diseases all over everything and everybody in the office.

The "law enforcement" in this country needs to be exterminated along with the DNC, and all replaced with ACTUAL Americans that give a shit about this country and the citizens that pay their wages!!!

It is about American citizens not being arrested until they commit a crime.

You know, once upon a time an individual could be locked up in an institution for such things. Especially if they were believed to be a danger to themselves or others.

Today, that almost never happens until after they harm others. And screaming about potential violent actions is considered by many as "protected speech".

You know, once upon a time an individual could be locked up in an institution for such things. Especially if they were believed to be a danger to themselves or others.

Today, that almost never happens until after they harm others. And screaming about potential violent actions is considered by many as "protected speech".

There was a time when people could be locked up if they were crazy. Reagan fixed that for us.

Word, but the cheapskate republicans saw fit to close mental facilities and lower th ethreshhold for competency after Ronnie Raygun got blasted.

Word, but the cheapskate republicans saw fit to close mental facilities and lower th ethreshhold for competency after Ronnie Raygun got blasted.

Actually, like a great many you are putting the cart before the horse.

Way back in 1975, the Supreme Court decided in O'Connor V. Donaldson that mental patients who were not deemed at that time to be an immediate threat to themselves or others could not be institutionalized against their will. That literally opened the floodgates, and they started exiting the mental health facilities in droves. Of course, where many then ended up on the street, and not taking their medication. But with most of the patients gone, the budgets for such facilities naturally decreased.

What, do you really think that by 1980 the funding for institutions would remain at 1974 levels, with only 10% of the patients?

Besides, those are almost always run and funded by the states, not the Federal government. So it really seems you are barking at the wrong tree if you are blaming the President for what is really a state funding issue.

Actually, like a great many you are putting the cart before the horse.

Way back in 1975, the Supreme Court decided in O'Connor V. Donaldson that mental patients who were not deemed at that time to be an immediate threat to themselves or others could not be institutionalized against their will. That literally opened the floodgates, and they started exiting the mental health facilities in droves. Of course, where many then ended up on the street, and not taking their medication. But with most of the patients gone, the budgets for such facilities naturally decreased.

What, do you really think that by 1980 the funding for institutions would remain at 1974 levels, with only 10% of the patients?

Besides, those are almost always run and funded by the states, not the Federal government. So it really seems you are barking at the wrong tree if you are blaming the President for what is really a state funding issue.

Well you misstate what the ruling was in that case so you might want to revisit it. There is an important "AND" part of who that case applies to

There is an important "AND" part of who that case applies to

And I am aware of that, but that is not what happened.

Part of the ruling is that the individuals must be able to take care of themselves. However, it has also been ruled Constitutional to live on the street. And that one can not be forced to take medication.

The fact is, the number of facilities (both private and public) have sharply decreased since 1975, as well as the number of patients. Outpatient is how it is handled now, and that has not a damned thing to do with the President 42 years ago. Starting in 1975, a patient who was on medication and at that time deemed safe had to be released.

Myself, I wish that decision would be challenged again, so we could return to institutionalization of those that can not be released into monitored conditions. It is criminal that we allow the mentally ill to wander the streets, because we do not want to infringe their rights.

NY Subway shooter was known to FBI…where were they?​

Yep. Throw away your guns, Big Brother will take care of you! The FBI had him on their watch list for years, then just TOOK HIM OFF, and none of the cameras were working down there to catch what really happened or to alert anyone, IN THE CITY WITH MORE PUBLIC CAMERAS WATCHING EVERYTHING THAN ANYWHERE!

And of course, there wasn't a cop around within four city blocks.

Gee, is it me, or does that sound suspiciously similar to the MO that led up to the J6 protest?

(It's almost like someone WANTED another bad gun crime to happen.)

Looks like he has been arrested 9 times previously and made many remarks about “doomsday is coming” and claimed that white people were just about to kill if all the blacks.
Sounds like a model Democrat citizen.

Forum List

Back