NYC mayor decries open border

Most can't go back to work, and not many employers would hire people that old. The better idea is to slash benefits to people that are mentally and physically capable of working.
Lots of people under 75 can mentally and physically work. Slash their benefits, right?

Lots of people under 75 can mentally and physically work. Slash their benefits, right?

Why would you slash benefits to people that worked all their lives for them?

You leftists are all the same. "What about the poor, the elderly, the children!!!!" Anytime you want something, you play that old worn out violin.

Why would you slash benefits to people that worked all their lives for them?

You leftists are all the same. "What about the poor, the elderly, the children!!!!" Anytime you want something, you play that old worn out violin.
You’ll still get to enjoy your benefits.

When you’re 75.

You’ll still get to enjoy your benefits.

When you’re 75.

No, because many would die by then. The stupidity of saying seniors should work until they drop dead but young healthy Americans should be living on the dole is typical leftist stupidity.

No, because many would die by then. The stupidity of saying seniors should work until they drop dead but young healthy Americans should be living on the dole is typical leftist stupidity.
Lots of people drop dead before 67. Should we lower the retirement age then?

Lots of people drop dead before 67. Should we lower the retirement age then?

Something tells me you're one of the people I was talking about; somebody who is physically capable of working but isn't. No wonder you're so defensive of what I say.

Something tells me you're one of the people I was talking about; somebody who is physically capable of working but isn't. No wonder you're so defensive of what I say.
No. I’m one of those persons who’s going to pay more and get fewer benefits because people like you don’t refuse to pay the price for your own policy decisions.

No. I’m one of those persons who’s going to pay more and get fewer benefits because people like you don’t refuse to pay the price for your own policy decisions.

I think my policy decisions are the solution to several of our problems. Get American people to work again. It can't get much simpler than that. You seem to object to that concept and instead, let people loaf around the rest of their lives and force old people to work or bring in foreigners to do the jobs instead. I say anybody physically and mentally capable of holding a full-time job should not get any government benefits, and that would drive them back to working full-time.

I think my policy decisions are the solution to several of our problems. Get American people to work again. It can't get much simpler than that. You seem to object to that concept and instead, let people loaf around the rest of their lives and force old people to work or bring in foreigners to do the jobs instead. I say anybody physically and mentally capable of holding a full-time job should not get any government benefits, and that would drive them back to working full-time.
The only significant number of people who aren’t working because of government benefits are retirees.

Republicans want to cut benefits for retirees, let’s get started now.

The only significant number of people who aren’t working because of government benefits are retirees.

Republicans want to cut benefits for retirees, let’s get started now.

Bullshit. Republicans don't want to cut anything to retirees. That would be political suicide. We have too many people of working age that are not working, and my suspicion is it's because of government benefits; that and parents are no longer forcing their children to be adults after the age of 18. They let them live in the house as long as they want, and they sit in the basement smoking pot and playing video games with no job.

A very close friend of mine passed away early last summer. She and her daughter didn't get along, so she willed the house to her grandson. The grandson lives with her daughter and he's in his 20's. I went on Facebook and seen my late friends house up for sale. I don't know exactly what's going on, but it seems to me he didn't want to live on his own. He's selling the house and probably going to continue living with his mother.

Of course they won't cut anything for old people. Where do you think that money is going to come from?

According to your article it's nothing more than a study, not a bill of any kind. Now that Republicans are in charge, let's see if they even think of acting on it. Like I said, attacking seniors is political suicide, so don't expect to see any proposed bills.

Next of course is the fact it could never come close to getting past the Senate. Besides Democrats who (according to your article) are against is, so is Dementia. So there's no chance of it ever happening anyway.

Forum List

Back