NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

Live updates: NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo fired - CNN

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

Needless to say the PBA isn't happy about this:

4adfac9c-ecef-4c98-8060-018a08e19948.png

This firing sends a message to all the other officers in the NYPD that young black males are the city's official Sacred Cows and should not be approached when they are selling untaxed cigarettes or committing other crimes.

Let them be, or face the consequences.

That wasn't the case. The cops were called in because there was a fight that had broken up by the time they got there. Then they recognized Garner as someone they had run in before for cigarettes..... and decided, 'we're arresting someone, dammit!"

The rest was a tragedy.
He was also known for kicking the shit out of anyone who encroached on his cigarette selling turf. He was a real piece of shit. Im guessing he assaulted someone, the cops came, then he got nabbed.

No, you aren't guessing. You are making stuff up because you have nothing else. It's quite common.
We don't care when criminals die while resisting arrest. Get it through that thick skull of yours. What he was or wasn't doing before resisting arrest is irrelevant.

We do care or the family would not have got $8 million dollars.
The cop didn't go to jail for it. Clearly we don't care.

Since then more and more are being convicted and sent to prison.

Change is slow.

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

This firing sends a message to all the other officers in the NYPD that young black males are the city's official Sacred Cows and should not be approached when they are selling untaxed cigarettes or committing other crimes.

Across town we have sent the message that as a banker you can steal millions and get away with it. I should care about some guy making a quarter on a cigarette?

Across town we have sent the message that as a banker you can steal millions and get away with it. I should care about some guy making a quarter on a cigarette?
What banker stole millions and got away with it? :cuckoo:

25 People to Blame for the Financial Crisis - TIME

Inadvertently causing a financial panic- even if caused by stupidity or ideology- isn't "stealing" anything.

Inadvertently causing a financial panic- even if caused by stupidity or ideology- isn't "stealing" anything.

His entire business was corrupt and he walked off with millions that the taxpayers then became responsible for. He was only one of many.

I should care about some guy making a quarter on a cigarette?

Fellow officers are NOT happy with this. They fear it will lead to cops being told to back off and not enforce laws. Like they already do in Chicago, San Francisco, and these other Drm run cities. In turn, that just leads to more crime and more attacks on police, who have their hands tied.

the problem is not them enforcing laws, the problem is unjustly killing folks.

They weren’t out to kill him.

Irrelevant, the man is dead unjustly.

He resisted and they tried to subdue him.

People resist everyday and don't end up dead.

He died of a heart attack as he had numerous health issues.

Give me a break if not for the actions of Pantaleo he would be alive.

All he had to do is put his hands behind his back and that would have been it, but he didn’t he resisted and caused his own death.

Again people resist everyday and don't end up dead.

Now. Are there bad cops out there yes, there are. Most of them get what they deserve. The problem now is everyone is blaming the police and are interfering with them to do there job. I know. I have been there and it’s not easy.

Of course there are and Pantaleo is one of them, he is lucky he isn't being prosecuted.

Of course there are and Pantaleo is one of them, he is lucky he isn't being prosecuted.

If Officer Pantaleo wasn't a bad cop, he would have ignored the fact that Mr. Garner was selling unlicensed ciggies and kept on walking, pretending that he didn't see it.

If Pantaleo was an outstanding police officer he would have stopped to buy a newport, and help a young man like Garner just looking to get by.

I read the first 2, then stopped. You said they stole millions and got away with it. Of course thats a lie. You keep making a habit of lying.

If Officer Pantaleo wasn't a bad cop, he would have ignored the fact that Mr. Garner was selling unlicensed ciggies and kept on walking, pretending that he didn't see it.

If Pantaleo was an outstanding police officer he would have stopped to buy a newport, and help a young man like Garner just looking to get by.

If Pantaleo hadn't applied an illegal choke hold Eric Garner would be alive today.

If Pantaleo hadn't applied an illegal choke hold Eric Garner would be alive today.

If Pantaleo hadn't applied a choke hold, Garner may have got the better of him and Pantaleo might not be alive.

The safe move for Pantaleo would have been not to harass or question Mr. Garner to start with.

Eric was a bad guy and a terrible father. Dying was the best thing he ever did. Now his family finally got some money.

By your logic then a cop could not risk killing someone they are trying to arrest unless that person is committing a capital crime.

So basically they could only attempt to arrest people who commit first degree murder, and then only in States with the death penalty.
No, that's not my logic, that's your fucked up "logic"

Your statement implies what I described.

Awesome.... Whenever the PBA or FOP are upset about something, they are on the right track.

This THUG choked a father of six to death for the awful crime of selling smokes....

If it were up to me, he'd be in prison.

He didn't choke him.

There is a serious question as to if he intended to apply a chokehold, or was just wrestling with a very large, resisting man, along with other officers.

The Admin Judge called it a chokehold, but many disagree.

He choked the man to death, for - let's remind ourselves one more time - selling cigarettes...

it's already creeping up, as are the old indicators of general lawlessness, sleeping homeless on the subway, and panhandlers.

Oh, noes, how dare poor people remind you they exist!!!

Check your privilege, buddy.

Sorry, but this firing was political, not administrative. and He was only one of several cops trying to take Garner down, but the only one fired.

Yes, because he's the one who choked him when he screamed "I can't breathe".

Progressives like you want MOAR LAWS, and then you bitch about it when they are enforced.

Fuck your check privilege bullshit.

After he was investigated for indictment at the State AND the Federal level.

This reeks of them settling for crumbs.

He was doing his job, the question was how he did his job. Garner resisted arrest.

Over a petty crime... which he didn't deserve to die over...

I am seriously concerned about some form of "sick-in" in the next few days.

Usually the PBA isn't as blunt as they are being currently.

There must be some serious resentment in the ranks.

Must be.. the good old days when the police could abuse people of color are over.... maybe they should consider other lines of work.

Figures JoeFucktard takes the criminals side.

Or it looked like a chokehold, but wasn't.

It looked like a chokehold... and he was screaming "I can't breathe"...

Dying was a nice touch, too.

He was resisting arrest.

He was fat and out of shape.

Mr. Garner probably shouldn't have picked a fight with the NYPD, under those circumstances.

But if the police officers would have ignored the illegal cigarette sales, Garner wouldn't have bothered fighting them.

Forum List

Back