NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

What would have happened if the police just walked away?

What would have happened if garner just accepted being cuffed, and fought the arrest in the courts?

It doesn't work very well if you are poor. You plead guilty, guilty or not.

Considering how few die in custody, it seems it would have been the smarter option.

It's unfortunate for Garner but it was also a large contributor to the reform we have had since then.

The policeman was not prosecuted
He was removed from his job for not doing his job

After he was investigated for indictment at the State AND the Federal level.

This reeks of them settling for crumbs.

He was doing his job, the question was how he did his job. Garner resisted arrest.

The guy was selling cigarettes

Hand him a citation and walk away

They couldn't. No one saw him selling cigarettes.

He was still doing it however, and the police knew he was doing it.

Whether he was or not is irrelevant to what happened. No one saw him selling cigarette's. You can not force someone to allow you to search them in that case.

The police knew what he was up to, and decided to be proactive.

Many of your John Q Public types want the police to sweep up the criminal element who hurt property values.

You might be technically right, but if the police aren't proactive, open air drug markets and prostitution rings can exist for years when everyone knows what is happening but they can't "prove" it. A lot of ghetto residents complain about people selling crack and smack and hoes and guns and loosies, yet the police get nothing but grief when they try to do something

After he was investigated for indictment at the State AND the Federal level.

This reeks of them settling for crumbs.

He was doing his job, the question was how he did his job. Garner resisted arrest.

Whether he was or not is irrelevant to what happened. No one saw him selling cigarette's. You can not force someone to allow you to search them in that case.

Many of your John Q Public types want the police to sweep up the criminal element who hurt property values.

You might be technically right,

No, I am legally correct and this is a far bigger item than one guy.

You see a large black man selling loose cigarettes getting killed and have no care. I see an erosion of our Constitutionally protected rights. The Constitution consists of more than just the 2nd Amendment.

but if the police aren't proactive, open air drug markets and prostitution rings can exist for years when everyone knows what is happening but they can't "prove" it. A lot of ghetto residents complain about people selling crack and smack and hoes and guns and loosies, yet the police get nothing but grief when they try to do something

That's how our law works. You have to "prove it". I'm sure if there was another "assault weapon" ban it would go over great if the cops knocked people's doors in to have a look to see what you might have.

What would have happened if the police just walked away?

The law abiding citizenry might have complained. The police commander would bitch at the patrolman about loosies being trafficked on the streets and how much money the city was losing.

No kind of heat that a cop wouldn't be able to take.

I'm sure that this now the common reaction of the police to this kind of activity- particularly when black youths are involved.
He might have cornered the market on loose cigarettes ....anarchy

Just give him a ticket

You misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't say anything about "the death penalty", I stated truthfully that the penalty or rather punishment as prescribed by our laws for failing to obey a police officer or resisting arrest is not death, even if one were to be convicted of the offense. Therefore it is not reasonable that a police officer sets a series of events in motion the result of which can end with the death of the "suspect" for such a minor offense.

I don't know New York law specifically but presumably even had Garner been convicted of selling cigarettes unlawfully, the maximum punishishment for a misdemenor crime in less than 1 year in jail.

By your logic then a cop could not risk killing someone they are trying to arrest unless that person is committing a capital crime.

So basically they could only attempt to arrest people who commit first degree murder, and then only in States with the death penalty.

Don’t even bother. These idiots don’t know the first thing about the law, law enforcement or any knowledge of what happened. He didn’t have him in an illegal choke hold, he was with the rest of the officers where trying to subdue him and he kept resting. He died of a heart attack, not from a choke hold as he had numerous health issues. The cop wasn’t found guilty but the department fired him because the mayor is an asshole and they knew the animals would protest. These pansies think they know what there talking about but don’t have a clue. If they had to arrest this guy they shit there pants. Until you walk in our shoes your opinions and comments mean nothing. It took what 3 Cops to try and subdue him but that’s ok the. Ops can get hurt or killed but the piece of shit whose been locked up 30 has to be handled carefully. Instead of complaining from behind your desk where your nice and safe, try doing the job and then come and talk to me. The complainers would never dare become a cop or a fireman because they’re scared of there own shadow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your ignorance and lack of knowledge of what you claim to be your professional is beyond appauling. You don't possess the professionalism to do the job properly if you are unable to perform your duties without a guarantee that you can kill whomever you so choose, for any petty, minor offense, without any repercussions at all.

You're a disgrace to the professional men and women who actually perform the job day in and day out without violating anyone's civil rights or causing the unwarranted death of other human beings.

Lastly, with the lack of knowledge & intelligence (or more accurately, lack thereof) that you've demonstrated on this board alone, you've got no room to be calling anyone else names denigrating their mental facilities. How in the hell can anyone other than a dumbass retire from a career in law enforcement without knowing that our justice system doesn't find defendants "Innocent". It's either guilty or not guilty, and with a burden of proof of around 98% a person can be 97% guilty and still not be convicted. That's hardly "innocent" even if that were the proper legal term.

Go fuck yourself. I have more citations and medals that prove you wrong. Your just another scumbag who thinks he knows what he is talking about. I’ve arrested over 1000 people and all are alive. Don’t talk about what you don’t know. Yeah, my department made me a training officer because I was bad at what I do. Your a fucking imbecile. Don’t talk about what you don’t know. Your one of those liberal pussy’s who hides behind a desk. You and the other idiots are a disgrace. Go and see if you can do better but you won’t because your a coward. And being I was so horrible the Prosecutors Office transferred to there departmental do Intel and Counter Terrorism. I had secret clearance and worked with NYPD’s counter terrorism unit in Brooklyn, plus the FBI and Secret Service. When I retired I ran Executive and Dignitary Protection as well as International Securitry. I handled top secret information while I worked with a financial company. I was such a disgrace so they gave me Top Secret clearance So please keep amusing me with your Diarrhea of the mouth.

LOL yeah just what I thought nothing but a cowardly little boy who makes his threats in private where he thinks no one will know what he did. You don't have the ability to make me do ANYTHING let alone shut my mouth but go ahead and try.

And for the record, I didn't question your character because you have none. Your affiliation with all of those agencies cannot give you what you've never possessed and that's integrity. Without it people do horrendous things to their fellow human beings and then justify it by pointing at some law knowing full well if someone were to impose the same brutality & cruelty on them or any of their loved ones that you all would torch the earth in retribution.

I find it absolutely astounding (not really) that you viewed me disagreeing with you as disrepect. That is the ultimate in childishness, but hey that's what bullies do - they're unable to take what they dish out. On the upside though, respect is something you don't have to worry about with me. Just like your character it simply does not exist

Oh and fyi, you've already got a problem and there is no "we" involved. Why did you get banned around Aug 12th and what's the E in your moniker stand for?

View attachment 275333

Yeah yeah. Who’s the pussy hiding. You are not me.

That’s what I told him too. I’m a retired police officer and have been in these situations. It’s not easy

A real police officer does not defend the violations of people's rights.
THIRTY arrests---
he was trying to arrest him --plain and simple
EG did not comply
the cop was NOT trying kill him, but to subdue him
this is simple stuff that you do not understand because your brain is washed

For petty nothing stuff. Just think what this costs the taxpayers compared to what they were losing by him selling someone a smoke for .50 cents.
THIRTY arrests .......
......what's ruining the US is you people ALLOWING criminals to get paid for committing crime...no wonder the black race is a failure
....black Mosby did the same thing----when the cops were found innocent
= STUPID

Until the police learn that they can not freely violate the civil rights of others like they once did it's going to cost the taxpayers millions of more dollars.

If you feel this is a good use of your money.............
most of the cops are found NOT guilty or not even charged
hahahhahah
it's not the cops--it's the criminals and people like you who are PRO criminal

A real police officer does not defend the violations of people's rights.
THIRTY arrests---
EG did not comply

For petty nothing stuff. Just think what this costs the taxpayers compared to what they were losing by him selling someone a smoke for .50 cents.
THIRTY arrests .......
......what's ruining the US is you people ALLOWING criminals to get paid for committing crime...no wonder the black race is a failure
= STUPID

Until the police learn that they can not freely violate the civil rights of others like they once did it's going to cost the taxpayers millions of more dollars.

hahahhahah

In the past that was true, most were not charged. That is changing.

THIRTY arrests---
EG did not comply

THIRTY arrests .......
= STUPID

hahahhahah

so--then you people have nothing more to protest about

THIRTY arrests .......
= STUPID

hahahhahah

The libs will have move to protest about than ever. When cops are acquitted of the bogus charges, they'll complain.When cops stay in the donut shop instead of confronting one of the Sacred Cows, the young black males, they'll complain too. When the crime rate goes up because people are no longer afraid of the police, they will complain as well

You see a large black man selling loose cigarettes getting killed and have no care. I see an erosion of our Constitutionally protected rights. The Constitution consists of more than just the 2nd Amendment.

but if the police aren't proactive, open air drug markets and prostitution rings can exist for years when everyone knows what is happening but they can't "prove" it. A lot of ghetto residents complain about people selling crack and smack and hoes and guns and loosies, yet the police get nothing but grief when they try to do something

That's how our law works. You have to "prove it". I'm sure if there was another "assault weapon" ban it would go over great if the cops knocked people's doors in to have a look to see what you might have.

Let's make this simple for you since you don't seem to understand anything here. Had Garner listened to the police and not been an ass and resisted, this wouldn't have happened. The ONLY reason the city paid this money and fired Pantaleo (angering other officers) was because Bill dePutzio is an anti-cop pro criminal liberal who takes every opportunity to bash the police. There was ZERO civil rights violations here. The rights violated were those of the residents there who didn't want people like Garner doing this kind of thing and attracting a bad crowd. But they don't matter to people like you do they?

THIRTY arrests .......
= STUPID

hahahhahah

Still a ways to go.

Let's make this simple for you since you don't seem to understand anything here. Had Garner listened to the police and not been an ass and resisted, this wouldn't have happened. The ONLY reason the city paid this money and fired Pantaleo (angering other officers) was because Bill dePutzio is an anti-cop pro criminal liberal who takes every opportunity to bash the police. There was ZERO civil rights violations here. The rights violated were those of the residents there who didn't want people like Garner doing this kind of thing and attracting a bad crowd. But they don't matter to people like you do they?

I'm thinking the people of the neighborhood didn't care or he wouldn't have been in business.

I'm thinking the people of the neighborhood didn't care or he wouldn't have been in business.

No you're not thinking. Given Garner's violent history, the residents there wouldn't confront him for fear of him getting violent. They left it to the police. Gee what a concept. Call the police and them do their job.

You are probably right, most of the people in the hood could care less about guys like Garner, or other petty illicit businesspeople, like the local Pusher, local Speakeasy, local Numbers Writer and local Pimp.

But these petty little crimes can cause bigger problems too, and that's why the police try to enforce those laws

No you're not thinking. Given Garner's violent history, the residents there wouldn't confront him for fear of him getting violent. They left it to the police. Gee what a concept. Call the police and them do their job.

The video showed who the violent ones were.

You are probably right, most of the people in the hood could care less about guys like Garner, or other petty illicit businesspeople, like the local Pusher, local Speakeasy, local Numbers Writer and local Pimp.

But these petty little crimes can cause bigger problems too, and that's why the police try to enforce those laws

When I was a kid living in Northern Ohio whenever someone went to South Carolina the neighbors would give them money to bring back cartons of cigarettes because they were cheaper there.

We didn't live in the hood.

The video showed who the violent ones were.

Yes. It was Garner. Carry on.....

When I was a kid living in Northern Ohio whenever someone went to South Carolina the neighbors would give them money to bring back cartons of cigarettes because they were cheaper there.

People have been killed in the Cigarette Smuggling racket, you know. Its can cause problems shipping cigarettes across state lines to avoid tax. The great wrestling champion Dino Bravo got whacked when he was involved in this business

People have been killed in the Cigarette Smuggling racket, you know. Its can cause problems shipping cigarettes across state lines to avoid tax. The great wrestling champion Dino Bravo got whacked when he was involved in this business

It's nice of you to defend high authoritarian taxes.

Forum List

Back