NYT: He did it because he was Harrassed about being Muslim.

Personally I think it's b.s. His inferiority complex was no so much about being Muslim, but being a single Muslim who had to apply for a wife.

Isn't it amazing how many people who have been teased about their weight, their gender, and even their religion, don't go around killing people? To use that as an excuse for murder is beyond reprehensible.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
NidalHasan.jpg

Fort Hood jihad shooter handed out Korans the morning of his attack

He handed out Korans? But didn't what he read in the Book of Peace make him think that he shouldn't go through with the massacre?

Or maybe he read that Paradise was guaranteed to those who "kill and are killed" for Allah (9:111), and took that seriously.

Note also that he affected Islamic clothing -- as did another "moderate," Maher Hawash, before the latter embarked upon his jihad.

"Police raid shooting suspect's Killeen apartment," by Victor O'Brien for the Killeen Daily Herald, November 6 (thanks to Ernest):

Bell County SWAT teams barricaded and evacuated a downtown Killeen apartment complex where Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan lived before authorities say he killed 13 people and injured 30 more during a massacre at Fort Hood Thursday....
In the morning, neighbors said Hasan handed Qurans and donated his furniture to anyone who would take it.

Neighbors described Hasan as a quiet man who began wearing "Arabic clothing" in recent weeks. Edward Windsor, a neighbor, never suspected Hasan was in the Army. Hasan's rank surprised Windsor who would never have imagined an officer with a rank of major would have lived in an apartment that rents for $350 and houses soldiers ranked as private first class....

Personally I think it's b.s. His inferiority complex was no so much about being Muslim, but being a single Muslim who had to apply for a wife.

Isn't it amazing how many people who have been teased about their weight, their gender, and even their religion, don't go around killing people? To use that as an excuse for murder is beyond reprehensible.

nobody, including the nyt, has put this forth as the reason he commited these horrible acts.

except for the challenged individual who posted the OP.

So, if he didn't kill all these soldiers because of his religious beliefs, then what was it?

He was surrounded by mental health professionals, so I highly doubt he could of been clinically ill or mentally insane.

That only leaves one other option, he was a derranged anti-war protester.

So, if he didn't kill all these soldiers because of his religious beliefs, then what was it?

He was surrounded by mental health professionals, so I highly doubt he could of been clinically ill or mentally insane.

you should look up the meaning of deranged.

:thup:

We've got plenty of liberals around here to show us the meaning every day.

yeah, he couldn't be *mentally insane* if he was *deranged*.
:eusa_whistle:

NidalHasan.jpg

Fort Hood jihad shooter handed out Korans the morning of his attack

He handed out Korans? But didn't what he read in the Book of Peace make him think that he shouldn't go through with the massacre?

Or maybe he read that Paradise was guaranteed to those who "kill and are killed" for Allah (9:111), and took that seriously.

Note also that he affected Islamic clothing -- as did another "moderate," Maher Hawash, before the latter embarked upon his jihad.

"Police raid shooting suspect's Killeen apartment," by Victor O'Brien for the Killeen Daily Herald, November 6 (thanks to Ernest):

Bell County SWAT teams barricaded and evacuated a downtown Killeen apartment complex where Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan lived before authorities say he killed 13 people and injured 30 more during a massacre at Fort Hood Thursday....
In the morning, neighbors said Hasan handed Qurans and donated his furniture to anyone who would take it.

Neighbors described Hasan as a quiet man who began wearing "Arabic clothing" in recent weeks. Edward Windsor, a neighbor, never suspected Hasan was in the Army. Hasan's rank surprised Windsor who would never have imagined an officer with a rank of major would have lived in an apartment that rents for $350 and houses soldiers ranked as private first class....

He was being Harrassed, Fitnah!...

It was Harrassment that Caused this!

:)

peace...

:lol::lol::lol:

Take Issue with the Substance of my OP and Stop being a Hysterical Twit about my Headlines...

It was an Illustration... Get a Clue.

peace...
You still can't admit your lie.

Pathetic.
It's not necessarily a lie. Technically, the thread title is a non sequitur.

It's NOT a Lie and she is Trolling as she Predictably does.

My OP can't be Separated from it's Headline... Unless one is being Dishonest for Mischevious Reasons...

And Ravi is.

peace...

I was shocked and suprised the murderer wasn't a "religious extremist". Then on the news this morning, it was reported that he spent his civilian hours dressed in Muslim religious garments and before he opened fire shouted, "Allah Akbar" (which is something like, "God is great" or "God is glorious"). Then I thought, OK another religious extremist.

Reminds me of Sarah Palin's preacher who wanted to kill an old lady and would have if she hadn't escaped. Religious extremism.

Conservatives will turn a blind eye to Palin's terrorist friend but use this incident to rile hatred against the Muslim Community.

The real problem it "religious extremisn". Moderate Muslims must denounce this man the same way, moderate Christians need to denounce Palin's pastor. I don't see either happening.

Kenyan Who Blessed Palin Chases Witches at Home | Womens eNews

Muthee claimed that police rescued Mama Jane from a lynch mob at the time, and then whisked her away for good after gunning down a pet python they mistook for a demon.

But some residents of Kiambu were somewhat skeptical of Muthee's claims.

Not least among them is the herbalist Jane W. Njenga, a pastor with the African Mission of Holy Ghost Church, who is best known as Mama Jane.

She says she didn't own a pet python and she's never left her compound, located about a half-mile from Muthee's immense new church.

How very disrespectful to the dead of this incident to use it as a cheap point scoring exercise for your political views.

Very, very tasteless - and seriously stupid.

You don't get it do you? Religious extremism is the same in any religion. Sarah Palin's preacher went after that old lady for the purpose of killing her. That is "domestic terrorism". Murder is murder. Whether it's one or one hundred. Murder is murder. Terrorism is terrorism.

Like I said, "The real problem it "religious extremism". Moderate Muslims must denounce this man the same way, moderate Christians need to denounce Palin's pastor. I don't see either happening."

Right wingers will attempt to indict the entire Muslim Religion. I see it already on this site. Moderates have to see religious extremism for what it is. Evil. It exists in all religions.

Reminds me of Sarah Palin's preacher who wanted to kill an old lady and would have if she hadn't escaped. Religious extremism.
A credible link on that please?

His name is: Bishop Thomas Muthee

Why don't you go do a little research yourself? You would believe what your found on your own more than believing what I tell you. Come back tell me I'm wrong if you can.

Somebody had to teach the ignorant. Republicans put the "rant" in ignorant.

I was shocked and suprised the murderer wasn't a "religious extremist". Then on the news this morning, it was reported that he spent his civilian hours dressed in Muslim religious garments and before he opened fire shouted, "Allah Akbar" (which is something like, "God is great" or "God is glorious"). Then I thought, OK another religious extremist.

Conservatives will turn a blind eye to Palin's terrorist friend but use this incident to rile hatred against the Muslim Community.

The real problem it "religious extremisn". Moderate Muslims must denounce this man the same way, moderate Christians need to denounce Palin's pastor. I don't see either happening.

Kenyan Who Blessed Palin Chases Witches at Home | Womens eNews

Muthee claimed that police rescued Mama Jane from a lynch mob at the time, and then whisked her away for good after gunning down a pet python they mistook for a demon.

But some residents of Kiambu were somewhat skeptical of Muthee's claims.

Not least among them is the herbalist Jane W. Njenga, a pastor with the African Mission of Holy Ghost Church, who is best known as Mama Jane.

She says she didn't own a pet python and she's never left her compound, located about a half-mile from Muthee's immense new church.

How very disrespectful to the dead of this incident to use it as a cheap point scoring exercise for your political views.

Very, very tasteless - and seriously stupid.

You don't get it do you? Religious extremism is the same in any religion. Sarah Palin's preacher went after that old lady for the purpose of killing her. That is "domestic terrorism". Murder is murder. Whether it's one or one hundred. Murder is murder. Terrorism is terrorism.

Like I said, "The real problem it "religious extremism". Moderate Muslims must denounce this man the same way, moderate Christians need to denounce Palin's pastor. I don't see either happening."

Right wingers will attempt to indict the entire Muslim Religion. I see it already on this site. Moderates have to see religious extremism for what it is. Evil. It exists in all religions.

I do get it. I get that you think it's fine to use this tragedy as a stick to beat right wingers. I assume you know that I am a right winger, right?

Would you care to explain why I have consistently posted that we should not judge Muslims by the actions of this one man? Oh dear, I guess I wiggled out of that partisan box you keep shoving me in, huh?

Idiot.

I haven't had a chance to read this thread yet, but I wanted to show this article from CNN:

As investigators gathered evidence, details began to emerge about the alleged shooter.

Hasan, 39, is a graduate of Virginia Tech and a psychiatrist licensed in Virginia. He previously worked at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

A federal official said Hasan is a U.S. citizen of Jordanian descent. Military documents show Hasan was born in Virginia and has never deployed outside the United States.

An owner of a 7-Eleven convenience store in Fort Hood said Hasan, whom he knows as "Major Nidal," came in for coffee and hash browns most mornings, including the morning of the shootings.

Surveillance video from the store obtained by CNN shows a man, who according to the store owner is Hasan, at the cashier's counter at about 6:20 a.m. Thursday carrying a beverage and dressed in traditional Arab garb. That was about seven hours before the mass shooting.

"He looked normal, came in, had his hash browns and coffee as you see in the surveillance video," the owner told CNN.

Other surveillance footage from Tuesday showed him wearing hospital scrubs.

Hasan's first cousin, Nader Hasan, issued a statement late Thursday on behalf of their family, saying they are "shocked and saddened" by the shootings.

"We are filled with grief for the families of today's victims," the statement says. "Our family loves America. We are proud of our country and saddened by today's tragedy. Because this situation is still unfolding, we have nothing else that we are able to share with you at this time."

The shooting occurred in a building called the readiness center, one of the last stops before soldiers deploy and one of the first places soldiers go upon returning to the United States.

Some of the victims were headed to Iraq or Afghanistan, said Col. Benton Danner.

Suspect Nidal Malik Hasan in stable condition after Fort Hood killings - CNN.com

Forum List

Back