Obama accuses Republicans of acting like a ‘deadbeat’ by refusing to raise the debt l

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
Obama accuses Republicans of acting like a ‘deadbeat’ by refusing to raise the debt limit

Obama accuses Republicans of acting like a ?deadbeat? by refusing to raise the debt limit - The Washington Post
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Casting House Republicans as stubborn deadbeats, President Barack Obama sought Thursday to discredit House Republicans in upcoming fiscal fights by painting them as roadblocks to a thriving middle class.

With Obama and Congress approaching all-too-familiar showdowns over spending levels and the nation’s borrowing limit, Obama used a visit to a seaside port in Florida to argue that the nation’s economic agenda should be immune to the partisan backbiting he faulted Republicans for instigating.

“Shutting down the government just because I’m for keeping it open — that’s not an economic plan,” Obama said, wiping sweat from his face in a muggy port warehouse. “Threatening that you won’t pay the bills in this country, when we’ve already racked up those bills, that’s not an economic plan — that’s just being a deadbeat.”

The republicans should move a few hundred billions that we spent on the wars to infrastructure, science and tech. It's time to invest in the United states if you wish for our economy to recover! Stop talking...

Last edited:
You know, I found it interesting that the new talking point by the Administration is one in which they simply ask the Congress to do their job.

Secretary Lew was all lover the Sunday talk shows today about this, and even FoxNews dropped the ball on the question that needed to be asked.

If Congress passes a bill on job creation, they have done their job. Are you saying that they have to pass legislation that you agree with to have done their "job?"

Why is it that journalist can't do their job?

It's time for the republicans to refund our infrastructure, science and tech programs and end all nation building over sea's.

America building I call it. ;)

Obama accuses Republicans of acting like a ‘deadbeat’ by refusing to raise the debt limit

Obama accuses Republicans of acting like a ?deadbeat? by refusing to raise the debt limit - The Washington Post
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Casting House Republicans as stubborn deadbeats, President Barack Obama sought Thursday to discredit House Republicans in upcoming fiscal fights by painting them as roadblocks to a thriving middle class.

With Obama and Congress approaching all-too-familiar showdowns over spending levels and the nation’s borrowing limit, Obama used a visit to a seaside port in Florida to argue that the nation’s economic agenda should be immune to the partisan backbiting he faulted Republicans for instigating.

“Shutting down the government just because I’m for keeping it open — that’s not an economic plan,” Obama said, wiping sweat from his face in a muggy port warehouse. “Threatening that you won’t pay the bills in this country, when we’ve already racked up those bills, that’s not an economic plan — that’s just being a deadbeat.”

The republicans should move a few hundred billions that we spent on the wars to infrastructure, science and tech. It's time to invest in the United states if you wish for our economy to recover! Stop talking...

I'd like to see it happen but republicans would rather spend money on F-35's and aircraft carriers we no longer need.

We stop the nation building and stand down the military to peace time...Move some of the military combat money into doubling R@d and research departments like Darpa. This is one of the things I'm talking about when I talk about tech. Another is going from 17 to 30 billion with Nasa....

Funding the noaa and nws as they're very important....

We need to get out of forever war and start doing things that will keep our nation at the leading edge. We may find ourselves in a war one day that may need it.

Are you saying that they have to pass legislation that you agree with to have done their "job?"

Yes. The people elected Obama as the man with veto power.

Then let him veto a debt increase.

You people spent 2 trillion dollars building up two shit holes. Now you want to bitch? Letting America go without is wrong.

I support reform from education to the waste within our military. HUGE WELFARE REFORM I CAN AND WILL SUPPORT.

Not our science, tech or infrastructure. No fucking way.

Last edited:
It's time for the republicans to refund our infrastructure, science and tech programs and end all nation building over sea's.

Not their job, you are a freaking broken record.

Not their job, you are a freaking broken record.

Their job if they want to see us remain a first rate power. ;) I support lowering the cooperate tax and welfare reform. Our edge in science, tech and having first rate infrastructure isn't the issue we should be debating. Those area just common sense.

If we can build schools, bridges and general infrastructure in a shit hole within two middle eastern countries. Why can't we do it for our own fucking people????

Give our children something to dream about
Have safe bridges
Create high tech jobs

Lead the fucking world for the next 30 years

But no...We have to be at war all the fucking time blowing it over sea's. I'm tired of it.

It wasn't that long ago that Obama proclaimed it "irresponsible" and "unpatriotic" to raise the debt limit ceiling. And that was only raising the Debt Limit to $9 Trillion. He now wants to raise again from the current limit of $16.4 Trillion..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUPZJDBJI84]July 3, 2008: Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic - YouTube[/ame]

I wonder he's changed his mind?

Never mind that not raising the debt ceiling in no way necessitates that we will default on the debt.

In fact, not raising the debt ceiling is probably the very best thing we could do.

Forum List

Back