Obama Again Fails to Submit a Budget Request

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
How long can his pretense of being fiscally responsible go on? If his supporters genuinely feel that deficits and debt don't matter, they should be honest enough to admit it. What is more disturbing is that they seem more interested in scoring political points against their opponents than in resolving any of our nation's problems. Will we be happy marching to our doom as long as we can blame it on the other side?

The President is required by law to submit a budget.

Obama has failed to do so several times.

The Senate is required by law to pass a budget.. They haven't done so in almost 4 years even though the House Republicans have sent several up.

It would appear the Democrats have no problem with breaking the law.

1,371 days is too long. They have their priorities elsewhere..

How long can his pretense of being fiscally responsible go on? If his supporters genuinely feel that deficits and debt don't matter, they should be honest enough to admit it. What is more disturbing is that they seem more interested in scoring political points against their opponents than in resolving any of our nation's problems. Will we be happy marching to our doom as long as we can blame it on the other side?

Deficits and debts do matter; how they can be brought under control is the issue. See:

Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And,

1993 Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act - Timeline - Slaying the Dragon of Debt - Regional Oral History Office - University of California, Berkeley

So I guess this link is just my imagination:

The President's Budget for Fiscal Year 2013 | The White House

Obama has submitted his budget request every year in office. A very quick research of the matter would have told you that.

The*President's*Budget for*Fiscal Year 2013 | The White House

Obama has submitted his budget request every year in office. A very quick research of the matter would have told you that.

The President's Budget Request is a formal document submitted to Congress, not a website address.

The President's Budget Request is a formal document submitted to Congress, not a website address.

facepalm.jpg

Boehner gave a speech saying he did not meet his deadline. Just because they have it on their website, does not mean it was submitted to Congress. Which is the point!

The complete stupidity of the Misinformation Voter on full display!
Thank you.

The Senate is required by law to pass a budget.. They haven't done so in almost 4 years even though the House Republicans have sent several up.

No "law" can force the Senate to pass anything they don't want to pass.

Because they MAKE the laws.

Look it up!

Some House Republican needs to pick up the gauntlet and say, "Since Obama and the Democrats have abdicated their responsibility and won't pay America's bills, we will" and set and pass whatever budget they want

Look it up!

You are right
The Prez is the only one required by law to pass a budget to Congress. Which he did not do

I have about a dozen videos about who is gumming up the works. Interest? Yeah, kind of guessed that.

Look it up!

You are right
The Prez is the only one required by law to pass a budget to Congress. Which he did not do

What law is that, by the way? I'm not familiar with it.

You are right

Budget and Accounting Act of 1921

Oh, that one.

Obama submitted his fiscal year 2013 budget proposal on Feb. 13, 2012, and house Republicans put it up for a floor vote. It was voted down, 414-0.

One year earlier, he submitted his 2112 budget proposal. It was voted down. Such votes are merely and amount to political theater; presidential budget proposals are never approved as submitted.

So your statement that the President has not submitted a budget is a lie.

Last edited:

Budget and Accounting Act of 1921

Oh, that one.

Obama submitted his fiscal year 2013 budget proposal on Feb. 13, 2012, and house Republicans put it up for a floor vote. It was voted down, 414-0.

One year earlier, he submitted his 2112 budget proposal. It was voted down. Such votes are merely and amount to political theater; presidential budget proposals are never approved as submitted.

So your statement that the President has not submitted a budget is a lie.

I heard Boehner talking about this morning on MorningJoe. Guess he is misinformed..

Crazy thing is Freemason, NO ONE voted for the bill :) Must have been shit

Forum List

Back