Obama again warns of coming 'pain'

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
On the road, Obama again warns of coming 'pain' without budget fix - First Read

As Republicans decry a White House "road show" and cabinet officials continue to sound the sequester alarm, President Barack Obama said Tuesday that - even if Congress gives him greater flexibility to target coming budget reductions - rapid cuts without new revenues will still inflict "pain" on the national economy.

"The problem is, when you're cutting 85 billion dollars in seven months, which represents over a 10 percent cut in the defense budget … there's no smart way to do that," he said in a speech in the ship-building community of Newport News, Va.

Obama's address at a shipbuilding plant came hours after House Speaker John Boehner used blunt language to urge Senate action on a budget fix, saying the upper chamber's members should "get off their ass" to avert the sequester.

Only pain we have is Obama, he is running around with a stolen check book writing checks that bounce to the tune of 4 billion a month -:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

$50 billion/year in military and economic aid to foreign countries, and Obama insists WE'RE the ones that will suffer?

My ass.

Since OBAMA is the man at the top all he has done is add to the opinion the rest of the world has about the USA and that is to coin some I do business with in the UK and Check Republic " STUPID AMERICANS".
Was Bush a screw up OK I will grant you that, but that is no get out of jail free card for Obama to also be a screw up.

Wealth Wealth Wealth is what makes a nation strong not Give Aways as he is the master of this. The rich that help him have there's and would love nothing more than to keep other Americans from becoming either better off or maybe rich them self.

Stop the Congress and Senate from living like Rich just because they are in DC get rid of there fancy offices and limo's if they had money before they were elected than let them pay there own way if not let them live the way the did before noooo profits for them and if they write a book then tax the at 95% before expenses.
If they go on speaking tours again 95% to include Obama my gut tells me he should be made to live like the rest of his people do--cause they elected him and he has done nothing for anyone who wants improvement to prosperity in this country no matter what the race or gender.

As Republicans decry a White House "road show" and cabinet officials continue to sound the sequester alarm, President Barack Obama said Tuesday that - even if Congress gives him greater flexibility to target coming budget reductions - rapid cuts without new revenues will still inflict "pain" on the national economy.

"The problem is, when you're cutting 85 billion dollars in seven months, which represents over a 10 percent cut in the defense budget … there's no smart way to do that," he said in a speech in the ship-building community of Newport News, Va.

Obama's address at a shipbuilding plant came hours after House Speaker John Boehner used blunt language to urge Senate action on a budget fix, saying the upper chamber's members should "get off their ass" to avert the sequester.

Only pain we have is Obama, he is running around with a stolen check book writing checks that bounce to the tune of 4 billion a month -:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Then maybe he and the idiot reid should work on a budget. He needs to stop running around running his big mouth.

Cancel the 30 billion dollar check he plans on writing out to Afganistan. The 30 billion isn't even earmarked for any specific need, just a 30 billion dollar check he wants to hand them for no reason. Cancel the check. Cancel the 28 million dollars per hour we are still spending in Iraq and tell Obama to get the 38,000 contractors he left out of there now. Problem solved. Your welcome.

Tell obama to cancel the 30 billion dollar check he wants to hand to afganistan gov. It is still on the table and hasn't been canceled yet. Cancel the 30 billion and just tell obama no.

Damn dude, did you know that spending bills originate in the House of Reps? Says so in the COTUS. Pretty amazing.

And did you know that the House has not submitted a bill to the Senate that was originated by this new Congress. Because the last two bill were submitted by the old Congress and that's a no no.

Did you know that?

Damn dude, did you know that spending bills originate in the House of Reps? Says so in the COTUS. Pretty amazing.

And did you know that the House has not submitted a bill to the Senate that was originated by this new Congress. Because the last two bill were submitted by the old Congress and that's a no no.

Did you know that?
So the FACT that reid and the senate failed their jobs in the last congress is an excuse? WRONG!!! The bills were passed, waiting for the idiot reid.

He's been dreaming of these thuggery tactics for years. His hate for america is evident.

The only thing that's evident is YOUR racism and hatred of Obama. The insults, slanders and lies that posters here seem perfectly comfortable hurling at the president speaks volumes about YOU, not Obama.

I don't see ANY racism in that post. Are you on psychedelic drugs?

He's been dreaming of these thuggery tactics for years. His hate for america is evident.

The only thing that's evident is YOUR racism and hatred of Obama. The insults, slanders and lies that posters here seem perfectly comfortable hurling at the president speaks volumes about YOU, not Obama.

Whats evident is Os incessant hate and disdain for america. O lies every day but people like you lap it up like nectarine.

The coming pain is not going to be equally felt by all Americans.

If you work for the government as a civilian (especially in things related to the DoD), I imagine the pain is going to be quite severe.

Whole lotta Republicans ( who work for the Feds, or the military industrial complex that serves it) and who have been demanding cuts in spending are going to get their wish.

I work for a division of NASA, and with a company I wont name however, we were told we are only funded till March 31st and no one is sure what will happen after that. I support the 45th Space Wing on a day to day basis and General Cotton tells me there will be cuts.

So there you have it folks. You wanted budget cuts, were gonna get em. I hope the right wing asshats are happy after spending trillions in Iraq and yet playing fiscal games at home.

Me, ill survive, I have a double EE degree from GT. Ill go work for India if I have to, if my home land wont pay me for my work, some other nation in need of engineers may. Their space program is in dire need of young men like me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back