Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

I have ONE black friend. Been friends for 35 years now. My friend is 63. His daddy grew up in Alabama. His daddy knew racism very well. My friend grew up in the civil rights era. He also know's a form of racism.

My black friends opinion is that racism has grown MUCH worse since Obama was elected.
And he blames this on the racist white folk that lost their shit when a black guy was elected POTUS.
I believe my friends first hand knowledge of racism is a better indicator that racism is alive and well than some asshole on the 'Net claiming that racism isn't an issue. Or that is was a black President promoting racism. Or that is was the Democrats promoting racism.

It was bigots in the Republican party that were given a cause (black President) to bring out their hatred of blacks
and put that hatred on display. Again.

Palestinians blame all of their shit on Israel too. They need a Strawman, Jews , to beat over the head. This is what your racist black friend is doing. He's no different than your classic white supremacist or average clan member blaming blacks and Jews for everything. Ignorance.

And you're blaming it all on people too. And where does this get anyone?

There's a reason black people see more poverty in the US than white people, and a lot of it is historical. You can try and avoid this, but if you actually want to solve the problems then something needs to be addressed. But then again the right don't seem to want to solve the problems. Who'd want to make the job market more competitive for their kids? Who'd want to see qa reduction in the cheap labor market?

There's a reason black people see more poverty in the US than white people, and a lot of it is historical. You can try and avoid this, but if you actually want to solve the problems then something needs to be addressed. But then again the right don't seem to want to solve the problems. Who'd want to make the job market more competitive for their kids? Who'd want to see qa reduction in the cheap labor market?

You're right that a lot of it is historical. Too many blacks don't realize how much opportunity they have and how in their control getting out of poverty is. They think they can't do it because things just are the way they are.

The problem is liberals are keeping them there by telling them they can't succeed, so hold out their hands. Stop telling them the system is keeping them down because it isn't. They are doing it to themselves, and your side keeps telling them to keep doing that.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is prescribing time and vigilance to tackle problems as entrenched in American society as racism and bias.

He also is urging patience, saying progress usually comes in small steps.

In an interview with BET, the president described his conversation with a group of young civil rights activists, including a leader of protests in Ferguson, Missouri, he hosted last week in the Oval Office.

Obama said he told them that "this is something that is deeply rooted in our society, it's deeply rooted in our history."

America has made gains, and that "gives us hope" of making more progress, he said.

"We can't equate what is happening now to what was happening 50 years ago," Obama said, "and if you talk to your parents, grandparents, uncles, they'll tell you that things are better, not good in some places, but better."

Obama said he is advising young people to be persistent because "typically progress is in steps, it's in increments.

More: Obama: 'America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

President Obama is correct - but none of us will ever live long enough to see it end. I can't even imagine how it can or will end. Will it ever end before humans become extinct?

O has created more racial strife than any president to date.

I have ONE black friend. Been friends for 35 years now. My friend is 63. His daddy grew up in Alabama. His daddy knew racism very well. My friend grew up in the civil rights era. He also know's a form of racism.

My black friends opinion is that racism has grown MUCH worse since Obama was elected.
And he blames this on the racist white folk that lost their shit when a black guy was elected POTUS.
I believe my friends first hand knowledge of racism is a better indicator that racism is alive and well than some asshole on the 'Net claiming that racism isn't an issue. Or that is was a black President promoting racism. Or that is was the Democrats promoting racism.

It was bigots in the Republican party that were given a cause (black President) to bring out their hatred of blacks

Is this because of Obama?

Is this because of the recession?

Is this because Obama got elected and some people are fighting against this?

A lot of people will blame Obama simply because they don't like him.

crime-rates.png

Is it happening much?

Well, 2004 happened because Bush invaded Iraq and the whole "War on Terror" thing was at its height. People felt it was acceptable to treat Arab looking people badly.

There was a rise as the economic crisis took hold, went down to the lowest levels in 2011 and then back up again in 2012.

hate_graph.jpg

The number of hate groups has been increasing steadily since when Bush took office. 9/11 would have had a big impact, but the vilifying of all Muslims by Bush and Co didn't help either. No doubt a black president doesn't help either.

Message from our Affirmative Action President America s Deeply Rooted Racism Will Take Time To Tackle - Stormfront

Here you can see the racists at work on Stormfront. This one is about Obama's message about Ferguson.

A reply to Obama's message that Racism Will Take Time To Tackle "Hopefully, it will take eternity, and will be here until the end of time.
smile.gif
"

You can look yourself at the rest if you choose, though I doubt you need convincing, but others just might.

you have a graph. Well there is no way that can be wrong. It's not like the administration has been labeling all their political enemies hate groups for propaganda purposes... Wait...

you have a graph. Well there is no way that can be wrong. It's not like the administration has been labeling all their political enemies hate groups for propaganda purposes... Wait...

How to avoid any sort of evidence part 1.

What's the point of debating if any evidence is going to be rejected for no reason whatsoever?

Do you have anything to say about the point being made? No?

O has created more racial strife than any president to date.

No President in this country's history has been better equipped, on multiple levels, to take racism head on and create real change.

For some reason, Obama has chosen not to, and we may never know why.

What a wasted opportunity.

In my opinion, he either is changing things the way he wants, or doesn't consider himself black unless he wants to.

Is this because of Obama?

Is this because of the recession?

Is this because Obama got elected and some people are fighting against this?

A lot of people will blame Obama simply because they don't like him.

crime-rates.png

Is it happening much?

Well, 2004 happened because Bush invaded Iraq and the whole "War on Terror" thing was at its height. People felt it was acceptable to treat Arab looking people badly.

There was a rise as the economic crisis took hold, went down to the lowest levels in 2011 and then back up again in 2012.

hate_graph.jpg

The number of hate groups has been increasing steadily since when Bush took office. 9/11 would have had a big impact, but the vilifying of all Muslims by Bush and Co didn't help either. No doubt a black president doesn't help either.

Message from our Affirmative Action President America s Deeply Rooted Racism Will Take Time To Tackle - Stormfront

Here you can see the racists at work on Stormfront. This one is about Obama's message about Ferguson.

A reply to Obama's message that Racism Will Take Time To Tackle "Hopefully, it will take eternity, and will be here until the end of time.
smile.gif
"

You can look yourself at the rest if you choose, though I doubt you need convincing, but others just might.

You implication is that the only hate crimes are committed against blacks. Without the facts I am thinking that the rise may be against Jews then blacks. OR maybe they are counting the crime of the "knock out" game as a hate crime. But I don't think they consider targetting a white person and knocking them out with a sucker punch a hate crime, merely boys being boys.

Nice graph, nice innuendo, now where are the facts?

No, the feeling is coming from the poor people who see they have simply been left to rot in ghettos in the city.

That's the problem with too many "poor people." They are waiting for other people to change their circumstances. That is in fact why most of them are poor.

I think most poor would be very happy to have a meaningful job. But considering we are flooding their job market with illegals finding a meaningful job for the low educated and low skill masses may be hard to do.

Dude, nobody feels that way if they're being honest.

What you need to do is move on, because what happened to somebody you didn't even know has nothing to do with you. Do you really want us to feel sympathetic to you because of our history? Have you ever picked cotton from Sun up to Sun down? Highly doubtful.

My guess is you feel because somebody doesn't hire your ass it's because you're black, not because you came off the wrong way or were ill-prepared for the interview. Or how about that asshole that called you a n****r because you walk around with a chip on your shoulder. Ever think that asshole is like that to just about everyone?

Oh, and saying only blacks can understand racism is the very definition of racism. Blacks have been getting away with that Bullshit as long as I can remember. I believe it's a major contributor to the problem, one that is self-fulfilling. Until blacks start thinking of themselves as human-beings instead of always black first they well never learn to get along with others.

The problem here is one of people feeling they are being let down massively. Until you get rid of that feeling, people are going to jump on anything and everything as an excuse.

Not much is being done to solve these problems, in fact the right seem to be intent on exacerbating the difficulty of poor people and those in poverty to stay where they are.

The right isn't doing anything other than reacting to the constant line of Bullshit coming out of the Whitehouse. This is where that "feeling" comes from bud.

No, the feeling is coming from the poor people who see they have simply been left to rot in ghettos in the city.

Maybe they could try moving instead of waiting on someone to pull them out of poverty.

You implication is that the only hate crimes are committed against blacks. Without the facts I am thinking that the rise may be against Jews then blacks. OR maybe they are counting the crime of the "knock out" game as a hate crime. But I don't think they consider targetting a white person and knocking them out with a sucker punch a hate crime, merely boys being boys.

Nice graph, nice innuendo, now where are the facts?

I guess that's why I mentioned a spike in hate crimes in 2004 because people targeting Arabs huh?

Hate crimes can be against any group. However has been a rise far right groups of the sort the Stephen "Don" Black, Preston Wiginton and other nasty pieces of s*** are involved in. These groups are also looking outside of the US and have had links with other European far right groups, like the almost dead BNP in the UK, and no doubt with those in Holland and Germany and other such places. The internet has helped them a lot with this.

No doubt you're looking for the one fact that tells the whole story. Sorry to tell you but you're actually going to have to do a lot of adding up with different information that paints a picture. I was adding information to someone who has a first hand account of an increase in racism.

There isn't a record of ever mention of racism towards black people in the US by other groups. It won't happen. Racism comes in many guises, as the lynching of a black person by the KKK way back when to very, very subtle racism that you can hardly even notice.

Maybe they could try moving instead of waiting on someone to pull them out of poverty.

Yeah, I'm sure they'd be open to moving to the rich part of town, although maybe they can't afford it.

Be realistic.

I moved when I couldn't find a job that paid worth a damned in the big city, I figure they're smart enough to do the same.

Or do you think they're too stupid to figure that out, you racist?

Yeah, I'm sure they'd be open to moving to the rich part of town, although maybe they can't afford it.

Be realistic.

I moved when I couldn't find a job that paid worth a damned in the big city, I figure they're smart enough to do the same.

Or do you think they're too stupid to figure that out, you racist?

Some people are movers, some people aren't. I move thousands of miles to get a different job. However some people don't necessarily have the chance, or the will or whatever. Should everyone move to the big city? Or move from one big city to another? You can imagine the problems this will cause.

If you do a job that is minimum wage or lower and you haven't saved up much, can you afford to move, to rent a new flat, to spend the time and money finding a new flat etc?

It's not as simple as it seems, and for many people they have a fear of the unknown. I'm the opposite, but I know a lot of people who will be unable to put themselves into such a situation.

Simply saying this is what you did, doesn't help. I'm going to assuming you have more skills than your average high school drop out, a better resume, more chances of getting a job that pays well, etc etc.

The big issue here starts with education. Some kids' education is learnt on the streets, not from high quality teachers.

"The previous was a paid political announcement from the Democratic National Committee

We now return you to your regular programming."

steph_bear_msnbc.jpg

That's the problem with too many "poor people." They are waiting for other people to change their circumstances. That is in fact why most of them are poor.

Isn't that nicely convenient for you?

No, it's convenient for you. You keep them poor then manipulate them. Why is their success on me? That's bull. This is a great country, every door is open. They just have to walk through it. LOL, you're not a liberal, that's comical. You're a stereotype liberal.

You're right that a lot of it is historical. Too many blacks don't realize how much opportunity they have and how in their control getting out of poverty is. They think they can't do it because things just are the way they are.

The problem is liberals are keeping them there by telling them they can't succeed, so hold out their hands. Stop telling them the system is keeping them down because it isn't. They are doing it to themselves, and your side keeps telling them to keep doing that.

well why would they realize it? They ate lied to by democrats from birth being told that they can't make anything of themselves unless some white politician with a D next to his name gives it to them.

do you think it's a coincidence that inner city schools are the worst of the nation when they've been under Democrat monopoly for over half a century?

it's horrendous to see how democrats use African Americans and pretend they are their friends.

well why would they realize it? They ate lied to by democrats from birth being told that they can't make anything of themselves unless some white politician with a D next to his name gives it to them.

do you think it's a coincidence that inner city schools are the worst of the nation when they've been under Democrat monopoly for over half a century?

it's horrendous to see how democrats use African Americans and pretend they are their friends.

And bribe them to stay criminal, stupid, and in the slave quarters.

Forum List

Back