Obama gas almost at $6 bucks a gallon ~ 2016

As the article points out, the higher prices are anomaly, and the prices will go lower.

I wonder why the fuck it is so high there? A friend lives close by in Flordia and she tells me it is around $1.70

Not according to the 2012 GOP campaign against President Obama. They all laid the blame for gasoline price right at the President doorstep.

Wouldn't you when they needed higher gas prices to push their stupid ass AGW cult policy. Good thing the Saudis hate Iran.

No, they needed to convince the independent voters that Romney was a better candidate than Obama. Made up bullshit like that might excite the base, but it doesn't do much for the independent voter.

As the article points out, the higher prices are anomaly, and the prices will go lower.
As China;s economy continues to stumble and the sanctions on Iran lifted putting another 2 million barrels per day on the oil market, yes prices will continue to slide. However, with cold weather finally invading the northeast and midwest, oil demand will again see an increase. Prices will most likely stabilize.
Short-Term Energy Outlook - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
I put little stock in this person's forecast but....Analyst: Get ready for $85 oil and higher gasoline prices - Watchdog.org
I think $85 is way optimistic....
And then there is this.....Oil price: 'no reason to expect prices to go up'

Although, White House energy policy can move the market.
Let's say for instance, there was no Bakken Oil field....With Obama's anti petroleum stance limiting oil leases on federal lands to those in unproductive areas or where oil is more expensive to harvest, there is no question gasoline prices would be much higher.
it is DESPITE the White House energy policy, oil and gas are selling at the levels seen now. Not because of that policy.

Then why does the far right scream at the pres when prices go up.

Same reason why the left was screaming at Bush when the price was rising, and that is they're partisan and will blame a President for anything that goes wrong no matter if it is the President fault or not!

I wonder why the fuck it is so high there? A friend lives close by in Flordia and she tells me it is around $1.70
Taxes are higher ion FL. Don't forget, the State has a fuel tax. Then each county has the options to levy its own tax on motor fuels....

"Notes The State Comprehensive Enhanced Transportation System (SCETS) increased 0.1 cpg for both gasoline and diesel 1/1/2016. “Other Taxes” column includes the state sales tax (0.133 cpg) which is indexed to the CPI and increased 0.002 cpg 1/1/15. The “Other Taxes” also include the average of county option taxes: Inspection Fee (.00125), 9th-cent tax (up to 0.01 cpg), Local Option Tax (up to 0.06 cpg), Additional Local Option (up to 5 cpg), and the SCETS (up to 7.4 cpg). Various state environmental import taxes total 2.071 cpg. Figure for Other Taxes and Fees represent a weighted average for Florida by county. Actual amount will depend on county where fuel is purchased.

Then why does the far right scream at the pres when prices go up.

Same reason why the left was screaming at Bush when the price was rising, and that is they're partisan and will blame a President for anything that goes wrong no matter if it is the President fault or not!
Part of the job of POTUS is to not only direct, but to lead. There is a difference.
Leadership means one thing. The willingness to accept both credit and responsibility. The Office of POTUS is the ultimate fishbowl.
There is no escape. And criticism comes with the job.
Like it or not, just because the guy at the helm is of your political ideology does not mean you get to lash out at those who are critical. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back