Obama: Inability to get tougher gun laws shameful

Exasperated Obama: Inability to get tougher gun laws shameful - CNN.com

I will tell you, I have been in Washington for a while now. Most things don't surprise me. The fact that 20 six year olds were gunned down in the most violent fashion possible and this town couldn't do anything about it was stunning to me," he said.

perhaps the town could do somthing about it if they focused on the real problem instead of their agenda

His agenda is the real problem!

It is quite possible, that the only way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and lunatics, is to set aside the Second Amendment to the Constitution, and to press the matter vigorously for a half-century, or even a full century or more, until we've flushed the last caches of private firearms.

That is unacceptable to the American People, who are, in the final analysis, the Final Word on the subject.

All that Gun-Grabbers can realistically hope for is to convince the American People to devise and implement sane gun-control laws that limit such access by criminals and lunatics... limit, not eliminate.

It is clear that much of what has been served-up as a middle-ground in times past, is inadequate to the task at hand.

Something new and bold and innovative and imaginative and broad in scope and ultimately agreeable to a majority on both sides is going to have to be devised and put forth for consensus and enacted and implemented and sustained, properly, in order for anything good to come of so-called Gun-Control in this country.

Our children and grandchildren should live so long.
You cannot enact a law that will prevent people from breaking the law; limiting the rights of the law abiding to prevent people from breaking the law is fallacious at best.

I will tell you, I have been in Washington for a while now. Most things don't surprise me. The fact that 20 six year olds were gunned down in the most violent fashion possible and this town couldn't do anything about it was stunning to me," he said.

Bolded part isn't true. They wouldn't do anything about it, because they cared more about their 2nd Amendment 'rights' than the rights of those children.
Oh look.... anti-gun loons argng from emotion.
:eusa_clap:

It is quite possible, that the only way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and lunatics, is to set aside the Second Amendment to the Constitution, and to press the matter vigorously for a half-century, or even a full century or more, until we've flushed the last caches of private firearms.

That is unacceptable to the American People, who are, in the final analysis, the Final Word on the subject.

All that Gun-Grabbers can realistically hope for is to convince the American People to devise and implement sane gun-control laws that limit such access by criminals and lunatics... limit, not eliminate.

It is clear that much of what has been served-up as a middle-ground in times past, is inadequate to the task at hand.

Something new and bold and innovative and imaginative and broad in scope and ultimately agreeable to a majority on both sides is going to have to be devised and put forth for consensus and enacted and implemented and sustained, properly, in order for anything good to come of so-called Gun-Control in this country.

You cannot enact a law that will prevent people from breaking the law; limiting the rights of the law abiding to prevent people from breaking the law is fallacious at best.
Entirely correct, on a broad scale.

But, I think, we CAN greatly and dramatically reduce the number of guns that fall into the wrong (unauthorized or ineligible) hands, by taking a step back, and seeing what (if anything) can be done, to achieve that reduction, in a manner agreeable to a majority of firearms owners in the country.

But, I think, we CAN greatly and dramatically reduce the number of guns that fall into the wrong (unauthorized or ineligible) hands, by taking a step back, and seeing what (if anything) can be done, to achieve that reduction, in a manner agreeable to a majority of firearms owners in the country.

OK suggest what that might look like.

Have the two of you considered moving to Cuba, Venezuela, etc?

It doesn't matter what Obama or SCOTUS decide, FREEMEN WILL NOT BE DISARMED.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Certian people are already banned from purchaing, possessing and using firearms.
You agree that you cannot enact a law that will prevent these certain people from breaking that law.
Not sure what solution you think you'll find.

But how do you want to prevent this? If the number of legal guns are reduced, the wrong people will still buy them. Banning guns is mostly bad for the law abiding citizens who want to protect themselves.
And, we have the right to be armed, why should a government decide how many weapons I have?

Most people are in favor of some kind of gun control, just as long as it doesn't stop them from getting guns.
I am in favor of any gun control law that meets two conditions:
1: It prevents criminals from getting guns
2: It dooes not infringe on the rights of the law abiding

Most people are in favor of some kind of gun control, just as long as it doesn't stop them from getting guns.
I am in favor of any gun control law that meets two conditions:
1: It prevents criminals from getting guns
2: It dooes not infringe on the rights of the law abiding

There is no law that will prevent criminals from getting guns. None.
All laws with restrictions infringe to some extent or other.

After 10 years in the retail gun business I can say the entire gun control thing is a total flop. It has not prevented anything and has criminalized otherwise innocent behavior. It's probably gotten a few people killed in the process.
Prior to 1968 there was almost no gun control. Prior to 1933 there was no gun control at all, except in commie places like NY. SOmehow we managed to survive.

Reality.......none of those nutjobs belong anywhere near a gun but they have their second amendment rights

Yes they do. Almost all of them were law abiding citizens right up until they committed crimes. So what laws would you like to see passed to prohibit law abiding citizens from owning guns?
You can never answer this question. Because there is no answer. There is no way to prohibit someone from owning a gun who is otherwise lawfully entitled to have one. Similarly there is no way to stop someone who is prohibited from stealing a gun and committing a crime.

Each and every one of those assholes had teachers, parents, friends and neighbors swearing that the guy was batshit crazy and always had been. Anyone who talked to them for five minutes would tell you they had no business being anywhere near a gun
Yet when they went to buy an AR15 they were asked.....You sure you don't want the 50 round magazine instead of the 35?

But they got their second amendment rights and there is nothing we can do about it

They have their first, third and fourth amendment right too. Do you want to strip those from them too?

Yes they do. Almost all of them were law abiding citizens right up until they committed crimes. So what laws would you like to see passed to prohibit law abiding citizens from owning guns?
You can never answer this question. Because there is no answer. There is no way to prohibit someone from owning a gun who is otherwise lawfully entitled to have one. Similarly there is no way to stop someone who is prohibited from stealing a gun and committing a crime.

Each and every one of those assholes had teachers, parents, friends and neighbors swearing that the guy was batshit crazy and always had been. Anyone who talked to them for five minutes would tell you they had no business being anywhere near a gun
Yet when they went to buy an AR15 they were asked.....You sure you don't want the 50 round magazine instead of the 35?

But they got their second amendment rights and there is nothing we can do about it

They have their first, third and fourth amendment right too. Do you want to strip those from them too?

In Rightwinger's world? The Constitution is a stonewall that needs to be knocked down.

Forum List

Back