Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

Complexities are the master tools of Confusion. If they told the people straight up what the motive was behind their agendas were ( depopulation of the earth is one main agenda ) no one would agree to it. It has to be packaged attractively and so long as it isn't examined with actual scientific evidence that can be proven to invalidate their claims they can continue on.

Stage 4 is when you are told the answer is giving up your personal freedom in order to save the planet. That is the goal here. Nothing less.

-Jeri

Eventually running your AC will become a crime.

This has been the mantra for 20 years now. I say we let these kooks have their way. We'll stop transporting food, no no. We'll stop agriculture altogether. We'll stop drilling for oil. We'll stop driving. We'll just shut the whole fucking thing down unti the whiners and retards die off from lack of any survioval skills adn then once people realize how fucking asinine their demand was, we'll pick iit back up.

Or not. Just walk around barefoot and graze in fields on grass.

These kooks are not going to let it go until they have to live with their demand. So give it to them.

Kind of ironic since the flat earthers were the ones that ignored the scientific data like the global warming worshipers.

This could only be a worth while statement if the flat earthers were first but alas they knew way before that in Alexander the Greats time that the Earth was round. I am still curious how that knowledge was lost in ghe 1200's~ !400's? must of been the Al Bore of the day trying to make a quick buck and spread the rumour the earth was flat. lol

Wait... uhhhhh... do you mean the Earth is NOT flat?
wink_smile.gif

Complexities are the master tools of Confusion. If they told the people straight up what the motive was behind their agendas were ( depopulation of the earth is one main agenda ) no one would agree to it. It has to be packaged attractively and so long as it isn't examined with actual scientific evidence that can be proven to invalidate their claims they can continue on.

Stage 4 is when you are told the answer is giving up your personal freedom in order to save the planet. That is the goal here. Nothing less.

-Jeri

Your personal freedom to pollute?

CO2 is now a pollutant

LOL

The scientific consensus today, that is for the moment, right now, is that there has been no warming for at least 16 years.

Barry's a real statesman isn't he. The Country is rocked with scandals, we are on the verge of war in Syria, we are engaged in a never ending conflict in Afghanistan, unemployment is still high and the price of energy is hurting the economy and the small minded president takes time to mock his critics with childish cliches that haven't been funny since Herbert Hoover. No surprises here.

Ya know... now that you mention it... I cannot recall a US President who so frequently (and publicly) mocked those who believe differently than he does, as we see with our present Fearless Leader...

And, frankly, having come to that realization, I sense another nail in the coffin of an increasingly lame-duck 2nd-term Presidency, because that arrogance and autocratic behavior is manifesting itself more and more, now...

If enough folks feel that way - and I'm beginning to believe that that might be the case after all - the GOP is certain to hang onto the House and may actually tip the oh-so-fragile-and-delicate balance in the Senate, in the 2014 mid-term elections...

And, frankly, even if they continue not to do diddly-squat for the nation, a GOP majority throughout Congress would serve to further isolate this increasingly questionable and arrogant leadership.

I'm not sure I'm ready to jump-in and advocate for such a thing just yet, but I'm gettin' there...
wink_smile.gif

Hopey-Changey, my ass...

Butt hurt victimhood. The right wing mantra.

If Obama hurts your 'feelings', Harry Truman would have made you cry like the baby you are...

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
President Harry S. Truman

Well, Truman was a Democrat. What do you expect?

Truman was an idiot. Only wise choice he made was dropping the bomb.
All that quote tells us is the Truman was a petty demagogue, adept at all the false dichotomies, straw man arguments and non sequiturs of Hegelian dialectic....Like we already didn't know.

Last edited:
this is your ugly President calling YOU the people he SUPPOSEDLY Represents names...you voted for it:clap2:

SNIP:
By Justin Sink - 06/25/13 02:40 PM ET

President Obama angrily blasted climate change skeptics during his energy policy speech Tuesday at Georgetown University, saying he lacked "patience for anyone who denies that this problem is real."

"We don't have time for a meeting of the flat-Earth society," Obama said. "Sticking your head in the sand might make you feel safer, but it's not going to protect you from the coming storm."

Earlier in his remarks, Obama said the "overwhelming judgement of science, of chemistry, of physics, and millions of measurements" put "to rest" questions about pollution affecting the environment.

all of it here
Read more: Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ?flat-Earth society? - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

OK. Sounds 'bout right to me.

No, the biggest scam of all is that people like you think that obese junkies on the radio, and people pretending to be British Lords, neither having any scientific credentials, know more than the scientists.

Willfull ignorance is ugly in the best of circumstances.

1. There are scientists on both sides of the issue.

2. There has been a lot of institutional malfeasance regarding the issue. A lot of politicians in bed with the academic community.

3. Do you know why they stopped calling it global warming and started calling it global climate change? Because they realized that the gig was up on the pseudo science and they realized that it was an easier narrative to spin to pinheads like yourself. Guess what? Climate change is cyclical. It's always changing!

4. CO2 is not the enemy. That's the biggest pseudo science of all. CO2 is great for the atmosphere, but politicians have realized that they can make money by creating a false matter to regulate.

5. Pseudo science is a lucrative business. Al Gore doesn't have half a billion bucks in his pocket because he invented the internet.

1. There are scientists on both sides of the issues.

Sure. 97% on one side, 3% on the other. And of those 3%, they are either senile, or outright whores for the energy corperations.

Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University states that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.

2. There has been a lot of institutional malfeasance regarding the issue. A lot of politicians in bed with the academic community.

Absolutely hysterical. Between the academic community and big oil, who do you think pays the politicians the most? If you think the academic community is rich, I have some sea shore property in Nebraska to sell you.

3. They did not stop calling it global warming. Climate change is the result of global warming. You warm the globe, you change the climate. This is the kind of idiot meme you fools feast on.

4. CO2 is not the enemy.

CO2 is a GHG. That was established by Tyndall in 1858. It is the primary GHG at present, although a major outgassing from the Arctic Clathrates could change that. Here is the history of the scientific investigation of CO2 and it's effects on the climate;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

5. Psuedo-science is a lucrative business. Al Gore doesn't have half a billion dollars in his pocket because he invented the internet.

Now that is one dumb assertation. Al Gore has a half billion in his pocket because he invested wisely in the high-tech market when that market was on a downer. His fortune has little to do with his lectures or his award winning documentary.

It is idiots like you that are heavily invested in pseudo-science. Look at the raft of characters that give you your talking points. An obese junkie on the radio. A fraud claiming to be a British Lord, who has no degree in any science, an undegreed ex-TV weatherman. And on and on. No science, just lies and flap-yap.

AGW is a joke because when you challenge them to show how their theory works in a lab, they respond that the system is too complex to replicate in a lab

Hey Frankie Boy, build me a full volcano in the lab. Come on, we know how one works, so go ahead and do it. A plume or subduction volcano, your choice.

See how easy it is to prove volcanos don't exist. You cannot build me one in the lab.

No, the biggest scam of all is that people like you think that obese junkies on the radio, and people pretending to be British Lords, neither having any scientific credentials, know more than the scientists.

Willfull ignorance is ugly in the best of circumstances.

1. There are scientists on both sides of the issue.

3. Do you know why they stopped calling it global warming and started calling it global climate change? Because they realized that the gig was up on the pseudo science and they realized that it was an easier narrative to spin to pinheads like yourself. Guess what? Climate change is cyclical. It's always changing!

4. CO2 is not the enemy. That's the biggest pseudo science of all. CO2 is great for the atmosphere, but politicians have realized that they can make money by creating a false matter to regulate.

5. Pseudo science is a lucrative business. Al Gore doesn't have half a billion bucks in his pocket because he invented the internet.

1. There are scientists on both sides of the issues.

Sure. 97% on one side, 3% on the other. And of those 3%, they are either senile, or outright whores for the energy corperations.

Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University states that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.
The "97%-ers" are outright liars, like you.....That bullshit number was debunked within 24 hours of its release and you know it.

The models have all deviated heavily from observation. So have the predictions of weather exacerbation. But keep chanting. it's highly entertaining.

Kind of ironic since the flat earthers were the ones that ignored the scientific data like the global warming worshipers.

This could only be a worth while statement if the flat earthers were first but alas they knew way before that in Alexander the Greats time that the Earth was round. I am still curious how that knowledge was lost in ghe 1200's~ !400's? must of been the Al Bore of the day trying to make a quick buck and spread the rumour the earth was flat. lol

Another dumb fuck. Again, it was the Church that did the flat earth foolishness.

"...You need to grow a brain and a spine."
Ya'll get my nomination for the Dumbest, Weakest Segue of the Week... maybe the Month.

My comment was focused upon Fearless Leader's apparent increasing use of public insult, ridicule and denigration, which is beginning to seem like an inappropriate over-indulgence.

I really don't give a frog's fat ass about your Green-Weenie agenda one way or the other; it was merely the flashpoint du jour for illustrating a seeming increasing trend on Obama's part to campaign by ridicule and insult and denigration.

To me, "Green" isn't the central issue here... ridicule, insult and denigration are the central issue, and my comment was quite obviously focused upon behavior rather than the underlying agenda for the insult du jour.

For someone who billed himself as the Great Unifier, as a follow-up act to the Great Divider, his spectacular failures at bipartisanship and his autocratic responses when he doesn't get his way and his increasing resort to ridicule, insult and denigration, are all quite alarming.

Now that he doesn't have to sweat reelection and is free to reveal more of his inner nature - he is proving to be a Great Disappointment, with respect to such arrogant behaviors.

Now, as to growing a brain and a spine, I have no idea what you're talking about in this context, but I'm comforted by the sense that you seem to have no idea what you're talking about in this context, either.

Green-Weenie agenda? As you open your pie hole, it is becoming more and more clear you are a right wing regressive Koch sucker.

Maybe you just need an education?

Let's start with how the right wing infantile mind works. They don't respond to compromise, flattery, common sense or negotiation. The right is infested with authoritarian followers who only respond to power and force.

Maybe Bush's former speechwriter can enlighten you how Republicans decided to blow up ANY health care reform, even their own ideas (which Obamacare is) and hand Obama his Waterloo. WHY? Not because it wasn't critical to We, the People and our economy. But because it would be a victory for Obama. THIS was before he was in office a few months.

How about conservative Senator Pat Toomey spilling the beans that the only reason the bipartisan background checks amendment sponsored by Toomey and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), didn't pass despite overwhelming popular support for such a measure is because: "There were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done, just because the president wanted to do it,” Toomey admitted.

Obama has been attacked from the day he took office. Even before he was sworn in, the President-elect went to Capital Hill to meet with Republicans to discuss the need for a stimulus package. John Boehner and GOP leaders instructed Republicans in the House that there will be no support from their side.

Or, maybe Rep. Pete Sessions can explain the REAL Republican strategy...Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

Last edited:
Whether climate change is affected by us puny humans or not, Obama is an ass.

He's been trashtalking us since before the 2008 election and still his sycophants blame us for not falling in line and supporting him and helping him achieve his agenda. Do they fall in line and support someone who trashtalks them? If so, they need to get help.

Whether climate change is affected by us puny humans or not, Obama is an ass.

He's been trashtalking us since before the 2008 election and still his sycophants blame us for not falling in line and supporting him and helping him achieve his agenda. Do they fall in line and support someone who trashtalks them? If so, they need to get help.

You mean while Republicans were playing "Barack the Magic Negro" at campaign headquarters?

Forum List

Back