Obama on ISIS "We have no strategy"

Did no one find this revelation stunning? I mean JUST YESTERDAY Obama's press secretary said they had a "COMPREHENSIVE PLAN" to deal with ISIS. Of course when pressed for details he had nothing but it's still a stunning reversal from the golfer n chief.

Do you really think that he is going to divulge his plans and lee ISIS know?
What plans?

If he had a plan trust me, everyone would know about it beforehand. He likes to get credit for stuff he plans on doing every day.
Might be helpful if some folks commenting here knew the difference between a plan and a strategy. They're not the same things. Little less President bashing and more self educating might make the discussion more real and less delusional.

Now you're getting obtuse.

plan [ plan ]
Main Entry: plan
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: scheme, design, way of doing things
Synonyms: aim, angle, animus, arrangement, big picture, contrivance, course of action, deal, device, disposition, expedient, game plan, gimmick, ground plan, idea, intent, intention, layout, machination, meaning, means, method, orderliness, outline, pattern, picture, platform, plot, policy, procedure, program, project, projection, proposal, proposition, purpose, scenario, stratagem, strategy, suggestion, system, tactics, treatment, trick, undertaking
No I'm not. Plans are what you use to accomplish an overall strategy. Really, a list of synonyms? Like a plan is the same as a suggestion or trick?
Strategy is what you want to do and a plan is how to do it. That statement is probably plagiarism, but I don't know where I got it.
Even when I cut and paste directly from the thesaurus you try to dance around it.
Do you know the difference between tactic and strategy? Look at you definition. It says scheme, design, way of doing things. You scheme and design as a way of doing things to implement a strategy.
Semantics
Really? You are going to lecture about Obama not having a strategy and you don't know the difference between tactics and strategy?

Kind of hard to make a war strategy without knowing what kind if any funding or support will be available. Congress is still on vacation and out of the loop. While some folks enjoy bitching about the President while he goes about normal Presidential business and relaxes by playing golf, the Congress is on total no work, no attention to crisis mode at their summer resorts and campaign parties.
So do we have 60 days, 90 days or what for this "strategy"? Will the munitions we use be replaced or do we have to ration them? How much will the congress support a "strategy" to destroy our newest enemy jihad terrorist group?
If you are making the case that Obama has no strategy because Congress has not yet returned to DC, then shouldn't Barrack's strategy start with calling Congress back for an emergency session?
Obama doesn't want to be bothered. He's too busy having a good tme. He's not a president. He's a stewart of the office till we can get a real president.
His primary concerns are global warming, taking our guns, and bringing as many Brown people into this country as possible so our votes won't count anymore.

Did no one find this revelation stunning? I mean JUST YESTERDAY Obama's press secretary said they had a "COMPREHENSIVE PLAN" to deal with ISIS. Of course when pressed for details he had nothing but it's still a stunning reversal from the golfer n chief.

What plans?

If he had a plan trust me, everyone would know about it beforehand. He likes to get credit for stuff he plans on doing every day.
Might be helpful if some folks commenting here knew the difference between a plan and a strategy. They're not the same things. Little less President bashing and more self educating might make the discussion more real and less delusional.

plan [ plan ]
Synonyms: aim, angle, animus, arrangement, big picture, contrivance, course of action, deal, device, disposition, expedient, game plan, gimmick, ground plan, idea, intent, intention, layout, machination, meaning, means, method, orderliness, outline, pattern, picture, platform, plot, policy, procedure, program, project, projection, proposal, proposition, purpose, scenario, stratagem, strategy, suggestion, system, tactics, treatment, trick, undertaking
No I'm not. Plans are what you use to accomplish an overall strategy. Really, a list of synonyms? Like a plan is the same as a suggestion or trick?
Strategy is what you want to do and a plan is how to do it. That statement is probably plagiarism, but I don't know where I got it.
Even when I cut and paste directly from the thesaurus you try to dance around it.
Do you know the difference between tactic and strategy? Look at you definition. It says scheme, design, way of doing things. You scheme and design as a way of doing things to implement a strategy.
Semantics
Really? You are going to lecture about Obama not having a strategy and you don't know the difference between tactics and strategy?
Because there is no difference.

Do you know the difference between an op-order and a frago?

Kind of hard to make a war strategy without knowing what kind if any funding or support will be available. Congress is still on vacation and out of the loop. While some folks enjoy bitching about the President while he goes about normal Presidential business and relaxes by playing golf, the Congress is on total no work, no attention to crisis mode at their summer resorts and campaign parties.
So do we have 60 days, 90 days or what for this "strategy"? Will the munitions we use be replaced or do we have to ration them? How much will the congress support a "strategy" to destroy our newest enemy jihad terrorist group?
If you are making the case that Obama has no strategy because Congress has not yet returned to DC, then shouldn't Barrack's strategy start with calling Congress back for an emergency session?
Yes, unless he is allowing the absence of congress to give the military the chance to shape the situation on the ground and the State Department to consult with other players. In other words, he is taking advantage of the congress being away and not being able to interfere.

Yes, unless he is allowing the absence of congress to give the military the chance to shape the situation on the ground and the State Department to consult with other players. In other words, he is taking advantage of the congress being away and not being able to interfere.
Wha law gives Congress the power to do this?

With all due respect, Camp...isn't it the President's JOB to propose policy and then take that to the Congress?

If he doesn't have a policy on ISIS in Syria then don't you think it would be crucial to come up with one? Surely it's more important than attending a wedding of the White House Chef and a couple fund raisers? I'm sorry but those are things that you do AFTER you take care of the business of being President!
Of course it is his job to propose a strategy and policy, but he explained that those were works in progress and still being developed. The Congress is not here to confer with and the players in the mix and in the area have not shown their cards. It is reasonable and wise to not jump to fast and to watch how the situation develops. Their seems to be a strategy developing all on it's own as we watch how the various players react on the battlefield and the impact of selective bombing has on the enemy and the enemies supporters.
I really think criticism of the President's golfing and schedule is nothing more than a lame kind of whiny form of bashing.

ISIS took over Falujah last December, Camp! This isn't something that just happened...it's been going on for months. To say that developing a strategy to deal with ISIS is a "work in progress" begs the question...how long does this President NEED to respond to imminent threats?

And it's not "whiny...bashing" to point out that leaving for a vacation or a wedding or a bunch of fund raising events without first taking care of business at hand is NOT doing the job of being President!

In a few days it will be the anniversary of 911.

Does he have a plan for that?

The UK does.

This fuckup doesn't care enough to protect us even after all of the recent threats.

The right wants a hot head prez who acts without thinking. Congress is, as usual, on vacation. Even if congress was in session, the Rs would refuse to do anything.

What plans?

plan [ plan ]
Semantics

What the hell does a frago have to do with this? And an op-ord is simply a way of telling you what tactics to use to accomplish a specific strategy for a mission. The end result is the missions strategic goal. The tactics are the plans used and combined to accomplish the mission. How changing the tactics with a frago just confirms the difference between tactics and strategy.

I'm posting here so when Obama does announce his strategy we can witness a swift reversal from "no plan" to "I hate his plan"

This shit has been going on for well over a year... he's had plenty of time.

Bottom line, he's a fucking useless and clueless loser.

No. Congress does not form the strategy. The pentagon forms the strategy and I'm sure they have. The pentagon and the war college has departments that do nothing but think up strategies for every kind of contingencies. They have a strategy. obama just doesn't like it. After the president approves the strategy, he then presents it to Congress. Congress doesn't formulate the strategy.

obama has painted himself into a corner. He fixed it so he can't do anything. He can't put boots on the ground in Syria. He can't have air strikes into Syria. Syria is a sovereign country. Any unauthorized action would be an act of war, involving Syria and Russia on behalf of their client state right along with ISIS. With three enemies arrayed against us, there is no way we could possibly win such an action.

Just from the way Russian planes have been buzzing our aircraft and creeping closer and closer to the west coast, there is no doubt that Russia has a strategy if obama is so foolish as to try an invasion of Syria.

Not a surprise since you've been doing nothing but playing golf. Oh and tomorrow you have another fundraiser. That is definitely a priority over forming a plan against the biggest threat since 9/11. Your grnerals words btw.

What a fucking loser

But that didn't stop him from planning a fundraising trip starting today!

The OP is a lie. It left out a key word: "YET".

How long do they need to come up with a decent strategy? It's not like we haven't been aware of the threat from groups like this for quite some time now. And I don't see the president meeting with anyone to create a strategy either. This is all just the way he operates. He doesn't want to be seen as tied to anything we end up doing, even though it's going to be his strategy. He's still trying to vote "present".

Everyone (except the liberal media?) is talking about the stark contrast between Obama's lame speech and Brit. P.M. Cameron's direct words calling extremist Islamic fundamentalism a "global threat".

Wha law gives Congress the power to do this?
Congress is forfeiting their power to hold emergency hearings and bring forth funding questions, threats and proposals while they are in recess. Plus the President gets majority control of the politics and media input.

What plans?

plan [ plan ]
Semantics

What the hell does a frago have to do with this? And an op-ord is simply a way of telling you what tactics to use to accomplish a specific strategy for a mission. The end result is the missions strategic goal. The tactics are the plans used and combined to accomplish the mission. How changing the tactics with a frago just confirms the difference between tactics and strategy.

What plans?

plan [ plan ]
Semantics

A frago has nothing to do with it.

We weren't discussing the difference between tactics and strategies. We were talking about if there was any difference between plans and strategies. There are none.

The right wants a hot head prez who acts without thinking. Congress is, as usual, on vacation. Even if congress was in session, the Rs would refuse to do anything.

Barack Obama suffers from an acute case of "paralysis through analysis". He's always hated to make tough calls...especially ones that might alienate his base. There is little question that action needs to be taken against ISIS but Barry can't bring himself to pull the trigger.

Being a "leader" is hard...what Barack Obama is trying to do is to "lead from behind" again. That might work if he were the President of some minor country but is a recipe for disaster when you're the President of the United States.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
"Before getting into the strategy, though, there seems [to be] a fundamental, existential question: Is the United States presently at war with ISIS — yes or no?" MSNBC host Chris Hayes asked President Barack Obama's top spokesman, White House press secretary Josh Earnest, on Thursday.

Earnest went with "no."

"No, Chris. What we are doing is we are working very aggressively with international partners, with Iraqi and Kurdish security forces, to take the steps necessary to mitigate the threat that's posed by ISIL," he responded.

Read more: White House Not At War With ISIS - Business Insider

Forum List

Back