Obama Orders New Efficiency for Big Trucks

You voted for hope and change

and got a dictator instead

oh well, he warned you he was going to transform the country and you voted for him anyway

Conservatives seem almost eager to trash the environment just to spite "tree-huggers" and seem to despise any efforts to keep the planet livable for future generations. You do not like regulation, I get that, but someone has to make sure your grandchildren can breath the air and drink the water because it is clear conservatives would not care if they have to live in filth.
This is about the president ruling by decree, fool.

I don't think it is about ruling by decree at all. Helena is right-on.

Congress and the Constitution didn't stop manufacturing from job losses due to robotics either. Nor does it give a rip about e-banking or any other e-service that discourages use of USPS, threatening ruin of the only government agency that doesn't use taxpayer money. Of course, we understand there is money in it for congress to oppose all effort to present our future with a cleaner world. Matter of fact, I think they even cover for coal mining profits by picking up the costs of the black lung diseases they inevitably cause, thereby keeping those profits up there.

You voted for hope and change

and got a dictator instead

oh well, he warned you he was going to transform the country and you voted for him anyway

LOL. Poor Staph, still can't get over the fact that most Americans think her form of politics belongs in the outhouse.

This is a terrible move. This will drastically increase the cost of shipping goods, and will harm every aspect of the economy.

Also, killing off coal power plants, which is the cheapest source of electricity in the country, will drastically drive up power prices.

The trucking industry has taken enough hits from the Obama administration. I think he has a problem with people making money.

Indeed. Most folks don't have a clue just how much trucking companies pay in taxes for the "right" to drive on our roads. The average truck will pay in excess of $5,000 per year. Every year. For one truck.

What does the average car pay? Probably less than $75. There are millions more cars on the roads.

And of course, let us not forget the 860 BILLION dollar "stimulus" that was to provide "shovel ready" jobs repairing and re-building infrastructure. Anyone seen a brand new Highway lately?

"I guess "shovel ready" wasn't as "shovel ready" as we thought" - Barrack Hussein Obama

Mt President....where the hell did all that money go??

Trucks are driving our roads for profit, private vehicles are not

The trucking industry has taken enough hits from the Obama administration. I think he has a problem with people making money.

Indeed. Most folks don't have a clue just how much trucking companies pay in taxes for the "right" to drive on our roads. The average truck will pay in excess of $5,000 per year. Every year. For one truck.

What does the average car pay? Probably less than $75. There are millions more cars on the roads.

And of course, let us not forget the 860 BILLION dollar "stimulus" that was to provide "shovel ready" jobs repairing and re-building infrastructure. Anyone seen a brand new Highway lately?

"I guess "shovel ready" wasn't as "shovel ready" as we thought" - Barrack Hussein Obama

Did anyone ever wonder what will happen to those truckers when the Keystone Pipeline becomes a reality?

What difference does that make? People should pay according to the wear and tear they inflict on the roads. Trucks don't inflict 100 times more than cars.

Did anyone ever wonder what will happen to those truckers when the Keystone Pipeline becomes a reality?

That oil is traveling by rail now, so the answer is "almost nothing." I've never heard of crude oil being shipped by truck.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/19/u...w-rules-for-cutting-truck-pollution.html?_r=1

The new regulations, to be drafted by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Transportation Department by March 2015 and completed a year later so they are in place before Mr. Obama leaves office, are the latest in a series of actions intended to cut back on greenhouse gases without the sort of comprehensive legislation the president failed to push through Congress in his first term.

Tom Steyer at the office of NextGen Climate Action, his political organization, in San Francisco.Financier Plans Big Ad Campaign on Climate ChangeFEB. 17, 2014
The new regulation would primarily affect the country’s 600 coal-fired power plants, like this one in Texas, and could ultimately shutter hundreds of them.E.P.A. Staff Struggling to Create Pollution RuleFEB. 4, 2014
The limits on greenhouse gas pollution from trucks would combine with previous rules requiring passenger cars and light trucks to burn fuel more efficiently and pending rules to limit the carbon emissions of power plants. Cumulatively, experts said the à la carte approach should enable Mr. Obama to meet his target of cutting carbon pollution in the United States by 17 percent from 2005 levels by 2020. But they said he would still be far short of his goal of an 80 percent reduction by 2050.
Obama has a pen and a phone.............Congress and the Constitution need not apply to Obama and the Dems.

Again, abuse of power without Congressional Consent.
Other than committing suicide is there anything President Obama could do that you wouldn't bitch about?
No president is all good just as no president is all bad. Even the best of presidents make mistakes and even the worst of presidents sometimes pass good laws. THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES! Yet, that is exactly how you think of Obama. If Obama sends troops into Syria you condemn him for putting American lives at risk and for taking America into another war. If he does not send troops into Syria you condemn him for ignoring the peace loving Syrians who are being killed by their own government.

Last edited:
As independent truckers are forced out of business through having to replace perfectly good vehicles with underpowered Obamamobiles two things will happen:

1. Larger trucking companies will raise their rates, having lost any meaningful competition.

2.a Prices of everything you buy will go up substantially.

2.b Many things you accept as readily available will fall into shortage and prices for the items you can find at all will rise astronomically.

Yes, that indeed will be fundamental change you can believe in.

As independent truckers are forced out of business through having to replace perfectly good vehicles with underpowered Obamamobiles two things will happen:

1. Larger trucking companies will raise their rates, having lost any meaningful competition.

2.b Many things you accept as readily available will fall into shortage and prices for the items you can find at all will rise astronomically.

You forgot #3.
3. The sky is falling. The sky is falling.
Oh, and if this is like past legislation older vehicles will be grandfathered in. It is my suspicion that this EO will apply to the future generation of trucks rather than those currently in service.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/19/u...w-rules-for-cutting-truck-pollution.html?_r=1

The new regulations, to be drafted by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Transportation Department by March 2015 and completed a year later so they are in place before Mr. Obama leaves office, are the latest in a series of actions intended to cut back on greenhouse gases without the sort of comprehensive legislation the president failed to push through Congress in his first term.

Tom Steyer at the office of NextGen Climate Action, his political organization, in San Francisco.Financier Plans Big Ad Campaign on Climate ChangeFEB. 17, 2014
The new regulation would primarily affect the country’s 600 coal-fired power plants, like this one in Texas, and could ultimately shutter hundreds of them.E.P.A. Staff Struggling to Create Pollution RuleFEB. 4, 2014
The limits on greenhouse gas pollution from trucks would combine with previous rules requiring passenger cars and light trucks to burn fuel more efficiently and pending rules to limit the carbon emissions of power plants. Cumulatively, experts said the à la carte approach should enable Mr. Obama to meet his target of cutting carbon pollution in the United States by 17 percent from 2005 levels by 2020. But they said he would still be far short of his goal of an 80 percent reduction by 2050.
Obama has a pen and a phone.............Congress and the Constitution need not apply to Obama and the Dems.

Other than committing suicide is there anything President Obama could do that you wouldn't bitch about?
No president is all good just as no president is all bad. Even the best of presidents make mistakes and even the worst of presidents sometimes pass good laws. THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES! Yet, that is exactly how you think of Obama. If Obama sends troops into Syria you condemn him for putting American lives at risk and for taking America into another war. If he does not send troops into Syria you condemn him for ignoring the peace loving Syrians who are being killed by their own government.

Obama is all bad.

There are lots of things he could do that I wouldn't bitch about. He could cut taxes, cut spending, abolish the EPA, abolish the NSA, abolish the Dept. of Agriculture, yada, yada, yada . . . the list is endless. Of course, Obama is never going to do any of those things because he is a Marxist.

You forgot #3.
3. The sky is falling. The sky is falling.
Oh, and if this is like past legislation older vehicles will be grandfathered in. It is my suspicion that this EO will apply to the future generation of trucks rather than those currently in service.

So your argument boils down to saying it's not as bad as he claims. Obviously, you don't give a fuck whether it harms anyone or not, and it especially harms the poor, and it harms the small time operators that libturds claim to be so concerned about.

Libturds can't open their mouths without demonstrating that their so-called "principles" are pure dog shit.

Last edited:
This is a terrible move. This will drastically increase the cost of shipping goods, and will harm every aspect of the economy.

Also, killing off coal power plants, which is the cheapest source of electricity in the country, will drastically drive up power prices.

I know that as a wingnut facts have little meaning to you but here are a few you might consider. The average tax on a gallon of gas is around $0.50 (state + federal). A car getting 20 mi/gal and being driven 15,000 miles per year will spend around $375 dollars in gas taxes. That is a lot higher than your uninformed estimate of less than $75 per year.
And yes, here in Las Vegas in Las Vegas I can see where some of that stimulus went. Dozens of freeway interchanges were cleaned up and beautified. After the interchanges had been built there were no plans to landscape them. Now they have attractive rock landscaping with desert plants and occasional statures of big horned sheep and other desert animals. I suspect if you opened your eyes you would see things that have been improved and upgraded in your part of the country. The problem is you do not want to see any improvements. All you look for is things to bitch about. Don't believe me? Give me a list of Obama accomplishments you have approved of.
Oh, and since you are so concerned about the government wasting money, did you ever bitch about the billions of dollars that disappeared in Iraq that were never recovered or explained? I doubt it.

Obama is all bad.

There are lots of things he could do that I wouldn't bitch about. He could cut taxes, cut spending, abolish the EPA, abolish the NSA, abolish the Dept. of Agriculture, yada, yada, yada . . . the list is endless. Of course, Obama is never going to do any of those things because he is a Marxist.
No president is all good just as no president is all bad. Even the best of presidents make mistakes and even the worst of presidents sometimes pass good laws. THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES! Yet, that is exactly how you think of Obama.
I rest my case. Your posts have nothing to do with reality or common sense. Day in and day out all we see from you is a hate filled rant. In other words, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER. And that is why I seldom waste time on you.

Last edited:

And that will be the ultimate outcome of these regulations. Again, where I worked, prices were determined by a number of factors - not the least being the price of diesel fuel. Prices rise - those costs are passed on to the consumer. Remember this...EVERYTHING in your life (and I mean EVERYTHING) has been on a truck at one time org another. EVERYTHING.

Obama is all bad.

No president is all good just as no president is all bad. Even the best of presidents make mistakes and even the worst of presidents sometimes pass good laws. THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES! Yet, that is exactly how you think of Obama.
I rest my case. Your posts have nothing to do with reality or common sense. Day in and day out all we see from you is a hate filled rant. In other words, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER. And that is why I seldom waste time on you.

What good laws has Obama passed? Even if there were some, would that compensate for the fact that he wipes his ugly ass on the Constitution every time he announces some new scheme?

I know that as a wingnut facts have little meaning to you but here are a few you might consider. The average tax on a gallon of gas is around $0.50 (state + federal). A car getting 20 mi/gal and being driven 15,000 miles per year will spend around $375 dollars in gas taxes. That is a lot higher than your uninformed estimate of less than $75 per year.
And yes, here in Las Vegas in Las Vegas I can see where some of that stimulus went. Dozens of freeway interchanges were cleaned up and beautified. After the interchanges had been built there were no plans to landscape them. Now they have attractive rock landscaping with desert plants and occasional statures of big horned sheep and other desert animals. I suspect if you opened your eyes you would see things that have been improved and upgraded in your part of the country. The problem is you do not want to see any improvements. All you look for is things to bitch about. Don't believe me? Give me a list of Obama accomplishments you have approved of.
Oh, and since you are so concerned about the government wasting money, did you ever bitch about the billions of dollars that disappeared in Iraq that were never recovered or explained? I doubt it.

Wow! Trash picked up on the highway for 860 BILLION dollars! WOW!!!! What a deal from his royal highness....

My estimates were for ROAD TAXES you moron FEDERAL ROAD TAXES - the majority of which are paid BY THE STATES TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, SONNY.

Trucks - on average $5,000 per vehicle - approximately 2 million trucks

Cars - on average $75 dollars per vehicle - approximately 80 million vehicles

And yeah, I'll bitch and moan about this clown till the day he is unceremoniously walked out the door of the White House.

Forum List

Back