Obama Orders New Efficiency for Big Trucks

God forbid we should do anything to protect the environment. The Right looks to China, belching pollution, as a goal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/19/u...w-rules-for-cutting-truck-pollution.html?_r=1

The new regulations, to be drafted by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Transportation Department by March 2015 and completed a year later so they are in place before Mr. Obama leaves office, are the latest in a series of actions intended to cut back on greenhouse gases without the sort of comprehensive legislation the president failed to push through Congress in his first term.

Tom Steyer at the office of NextGen Climate Action, his political organization, in San Francisco.Financier Plans Big Ad Campaign on Climate ChangeFEB. 17, 2014
The new regulation would primarily affect the country’s 600 coal-fired power plants, like this one in Texas, and could ultimately shutter hundreds of them.E.P.A. Staff Struggling to Create Pollution RuleFEB. 4, 2014
The limits on greenhouse gas pollution from trucks would combine with previous rules requiring passenger cars and light trucks to burn fuel more efficiently and pending rules to limit the carbon emissions of power plants. Cumulatively, experts said the à la carte approach should enable Mr. Obama to meet his target of cutting carbon pollution in the United States by 17 percent from 2005 levels by 2020. But they said he would still be far short of his goal of an 80 percent reduction by 2050.

Obama has a pen and a phone.............Congress and the Constitution need not apply to Obama and the Dems.

Again, abuse of power without Congressional Consent.

He's from the same stripe is this guy:

JPoWLEx.jpg

God forbid we should do anything to protect the environment. The Right looks to China, belching pollution, as a goal.

I am going to love you screaming and crying and gnashing of your teeth when your sprouts go thru the roof baby.

10 bucks a little wimple pack from california. Scream baby scream. I already have mine and have already for years prepping for this moment when morons like you meet the real world.

:eusa_angel:

OMG I live to destroy the planet.

Come on. Tell the whole world that I live to destroy the planet. I am a conservative. TELL THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD THAT BECAUSE I AM A CONSERVATIVE I HATE THE PLANET AND WANT TO KILL IT.

This is a terrible move. This will drastically increase the cost of shipping goods, and will harm every aspect of the economy.

Also, killing off coal power plants, which is the cheapest source of electricity in the country, will drastically drive up power prices.

That's the plan. This is yet another nail in the coffin of middle class America. The liberal utopia has no room for middle class. If the left was as supportive of small businesses as they are of illegal aliens, things would be much better.

This is a terrible move. This will drastically increase the cost of shipping goods, and will harm every aspect of the economy.

Also, killing off coal power plants, which is the cheapest source of electricity in the country, will drastically drive up power prices.

That's the plan. This is yet another nail in the coffin of middle class America. The liberal utopia has no room for middle class. If the left was as supportive of small businesses as they are of illegal aliens, things would be much better.

With this one we are fucked. I'm glad I have acreage. I'm going solid corn and going frozen.

Conservatives seem almost eager to trash the environment just to spite "tree-huggers" and seem to despise any efforts to keep the planet livable for future generations. You do not like regulation, I get that, but someone has to make sure your grandchildren can breath the air and drink the water because it is clear conservatives would not care if they have to live in filth.

Spare me your BS......................

Please explain how the President has the power to create a new law with Exec order under the Constitution.

He just did it. If it is unconstitutional as you say, then it will be settled by the SCOTUS. Many things cons believe to be unconstitutional are very much so constitutional; it's just those like you who perceive them to not be constitutional.

Another Obozo attempt to destroy the middle class of America.

Most truckers live on the edge, barely making a living after fuel prices, insurance, and various rules and regulations.

Now they want to further jack up the price of trucks and what it will take to maintain them?

Can anyone explain to me what his goal is in doing this?

Well, I can't tell you exactly what the goal is. But this is what you get when you're living under an administration that has no appreciation for, or understanding of, business. They're primarily theorists who clearly don't understand what their actions cause. No dynamic analysis, just static analysis. Theorists look at numbers and don't consider incentives and dis-incentives. Ripple effects.

Remember: Truckers are driving on roads and bridges that someone else paid for, so they didn't build that and that don't own that and tough shit 'n stuff.

Last edited:
Obama won't be happy until he bring us to our knees...

We need to demand to defund THE EPA and the Transportation Department...and then go after the IRS and a few more

He has unleashed all these government agencies on us with jackboot force

So how does this differ from the previous hundred times where the brainless conservative hysterical shriekers declared we're all doomed because of environmental standards?

The conservative hyper-emotional crowd has been wrong nearly every single freakin' time for decades running now. Their track record of abject failure is almost perfect, yet they never learn. After each humiliation, they just go running back to their masters to get a new set of stupid talking points to parrot. That would be why everyone just ignores them now, provided they're not laughing at them.

So how does this differ from the previous hundred times where the brainless conservative hysterical shriekers declared we're all doomed because of environmental standards?

The conservative hyper-emotional crowd has been wrong nearly every single freakin' time for decades running now. Their track record of abject failure is almost perfect, yet they never learn. After each humiliation, they just go running back to their masters to get a new set of stupid talking points to parrot. That would be why everyone just ignores them now, provided they're not laughing at them.

really, How's that 55 miles per hour going that Jimmy Carter put on us? or were you even born for Carter's Presidency?

you're post is laughable and nothing but spew

Last edited:
The trucking industry has taken enough hits from the Obama administration. I think he has a problem with people making money.

Indeed. Most folks don't have a clue just how much trucking companies pay in taxes for the "right" to drive on our roads. The average truck will pay in excess of $5,000 per year. Every year. For one truck.

What does the average car pay? Probably less than $75. There are millions more cars on the roads.

And of course, let us not forget the 860 BILLION dollar "stimulus" that was to provide "shovel ready" jobs repairing and re-building infrastructure. Anyone seen a brand new Highway lately?

"I guess "shovel ready" wasn't as "shovel ready" as we thought" - Barrack Hussein Obama

Mt President....where the hell did all that money go??

Trucks are driving our roads for profit, private vehicles are not

So what? Do their taxes not make them as worthy as driving the roads as any other vehicle? Why is the word "profit" so distasteful to you? I guess that being poor all your life will do that to a person....

Indeed. Most folks don't have a clue just how much trucking companies pay in taxes for the "right" to drive on our roads. The average truck will pay in excess of $5,000 per year. Every year. For one truck.

What does the average car pay? Probably less than $75. There are millions more cars on the roads.

And of course, let us not forget the 860 BILLION dollar "stimulus" that was to provide "shovel ready" jobs repairing and re-building infrastructure. Anyone seen a brand new Highway lately?

"I guess "shovel ready" wasn't as "shovel ready" as we thought" - Barrack Hussein Obama

Mt President....where the hell did all that money go??

Trucks are driving our roads for profit, private vehicles are not

So what? Do their taxes not make them as worthy as driving the roads as any other vehicle? Why is the word "profit" so distasteful to you? I guess that being poor all your life will do that to a person....
That and sewergas...

Forum List

Back