Obama responsible for the partisan rift? Yea right

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
No other President has had to deal with such an intransient political opposition

Let's just remind ourselves of how Republicans have treated Obama over his seven years in office, with a few of the greatest hits. You can start right on the day of his inauguration, when congressional Republicans gathered for a dinner at which they decided that rather than seek areas of cooperation with the new president, they would employ a strategy of maximum confrontation and obstruction in order to deny him any legislative victories.

Republicans say Obama has been historically divisive. That's very, very revealing.

He has.
He sent WH AIDs to a CRIMINALS funeral SOLELY because he was black. That's fucked up!
And what was the first thing he said when republicans took over Congress? "I am willing to negotiate with the Republicans" a few seconds later "if I don't get what I want, I will use my pen"
That fucker hasn't even TRIED to compromise. His way or the highway. That's why he keeps using his pen. He kept that promise!
Anything else is delusion.

The Republican party is a global joke!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

No other President has had to deal with such an intransient political opposition

Let's just remind ourselves of how Republicans have treated Obama over his seven years in office, with a few of the greatest hits. You can start right on the day of his inauguration, when congressional Republicans gathered for a dinner at which they decided that rather than seek areas of cooperation with the new president, they would employ a strategy of maximum confrontation and obstruction in order to deny him any legislative victories.

Republicans say Obama has been historically divisive. That's very, very revealing.

No other President has ever been such an asshole to the people of the country.

Before you protest that Obama himself sometimes questions his opponents' motives, it's important to realize that when he does so, it's in a narrow way focused on the issue at hand — they really want to cut taxes for the wealthy, they don't think women ought to have access to abortion, they're too eager to start a new war, and so on — to explain their behavior at a particular moment. What he doesn't do, and what he has never done, is accuse them of hating their country. But this is something Republicans have done constantly — not once or twice, not a dozen times or even a hundred, but constantly for seven years.

"I do not believe that the president loves America," said Rudy Giuliani last year, in a statement notable only for being a tad more explicit than the way Republicans usually talk about this question."He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country."

LOL, The LAST President had to deal with the exact same thing.

So when did forgetting about the Bush Years (we are at war with Eurasia) become the party line instead of blaming the Bush years for every bad thing under the sun? (we are at war with Eastasia, we have always been at war with eastasia).

So when did forgetting about the Bush Years (we are at war with Eurasia) become the party line instead of blaming the Bush years for every bad thing under the sun? (we are at war with Eastasia, we have always been at war with eastasia).

No, Bush did not have to deal with the same thing

Democrats supported Bush on No Child Left Behind, Medicare Part D, Post 9-11 initiatives, TARP, auto bailouts

What Obama initiative has a SINGLE Republican supported?

No, Bush did not have to deal with the same thing

Democrats supported Bush on No Child Left Behind, Medicare Part D, Post 9-11 initiatives, TARP, auto bailouts

What Obama initiative has a SINGLE Republican supported?

here ya go:

Obama’s claim that the GOP has ‘blocked every serious idea’

The Water Resources Reform and Development Act, which advocates claimed could sustain as many as 500,000 new jobs. “The first bill I’ll sign today is the Water Resources Reform and Development Act, also known as WRRDA, which will put Americans to work modernizing our water infrastructure and restoring some of our most vital ecosystems, the president said when he signed it. “During my State of the Union address, I asked Congress to pass this bill by the summer, and I congratulate this outstanding crew for getting it done.”
The Farm Bill, which the White House called “a jobs bill, an innovation bill, a research bill, and a conservation bill.” The White House claimed it would generate $35 in economic benefits for every dollar invested and put together a graphic to share on Twitter and Facebook that showed “Five ways the Farm Bill strengthens the economy.”
There were also bills like Home Heating Emergency Assistance Through Transportation Act and the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act, which took steps to help speed up delivery of propane and home heating fuel and delay flood insurance premium increases, respectively.

Wow that old gag!....
This one has to be at the top of the go to list.
One little thing you might want to add....
They were doing it just because he's black.
I don't recall that in the original story but why not throw that in there anyway.

Forum List

Back