Obama shooting a gun.....

Where is Dave Chappelle for comment when you really need him?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKTqHsMqkb0]Dave Chappelle - Skeet - YouTube[/ame]

What a bunch of weenies on this site. The President makes an off hand comment about going skeet shooting and you jackasses have to turn it into something. Like you guys are so tuff because you have shot a gun. Big deal, I shot one when I was twelve years old. Anybody can do it . You righties are for the most part a bunch of cowards hiding behind you guns, fearing the "other", like for instance a black President. Just shut the hell up unless you have something constructive to say.

obamashotgungolffore.jpg

What a bunch of weenies on this site. The President makes an off hand comment about going skeet shooting and you jackasses have to turn it into something. Like you guys are so tuff because you have shot a gun. Big deal, I shot one when I was twelve years old. Anybody can do it . You righties are for the most part a bunch of cowards hiding behind you guns, fearing the "other", like for instance a black President. Just shut the hell up unless you have something constructive to say.

You are now our bitch.

A Political propaganda photo.

So he knew some gun nut wouild kill a bunch of kids, and he was going to make a speech about him shooting a gun because he knew the fucking crazy NRA would say what they did?

Obama is some kind of fortune teller?

Last edited:
C' mon Doc...being forced into releasing an obviously posed propaganda photo to "prove" that he can shoot a gun.

Be honest now, that cannot be construed as anything BUT weakness.

A strong leader would say "sure, I shoot" and move on.

Just the fact that he feels the need to "prove it" is just shy of an admission that it's bull.

I'd argue that over the past 10-15 years a president's image is tailored by his team. Just like Bush and his Mission Accomplished photo op. I doubt Obama gave it a second thought.

Most on the right equate gun control with being anti gun, or even worse gun banning. That is not the case.

I would agree that that is indeed the case.

And Bush took a beating over that propaganda pic, because the image did not reflect reality.

Just like this image does not reflect reality.

I agree with you and Jillian that he's screwed either way...but this set piece photo op was a huge miscalculation.

It makes him look like he has to prove himself to be something he is not to assuage the perception that he is what he is...a person who feels uncomfortable with guns.

If it was a photo op, it would have been released 6 months ago

As it is, a reporter asked if he had ever fired a gun, he said he has shot guns at Camp David, conservatives squealed that he was making it up and that if he had shot at Camp David there would be pictures.......so they release a picture

And we get this thread as a result

So predictable. Obama needs to just tell them to shut the fuck up when they play these silly games

I'd argue that over the past 10-15 years a president's image is tailored by his team. Just like Bush and his Mission Accomplished photo op. I doubt Obama gave it a second thought.

Most on the right equate gun control with being anti gun, or even worse gun banning. That is not the case.

And Bush took a beating over that propaganda pic, because the image did not reflect reality.

I agree with you and Jillian that he's screwed either way...but this set piece photo op was a huge miscalculation.

It makes him look like he has to prove himself to be something he is not to assuage the perception that he is what he is...a person who feels uncomfortable with guns.

As it is, a reporter asked if he had ever fired a gun, he said he has shot guns at Camp David, conservatives squealed that he was making it up and that if he had shot at Camp David there would be pictures.......so they release a picture

So predictable. Obama needs to just tell them to shut the fuck up when they play these silly games

I like his style better. He throws shit out, knows the rabid right will bite, then he squashes them. Every single time he makes them look like fools.

God bless the president of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama!

Last edited:

Did your taking points email arrive late...pogo got his marching orders 20 minutes ago...

Photo of Obama Shooting a Gun: Right Wing demands Obama shoot somebody in face

That is how Dante sees it.

I am still laughing

The White House should put on their web site a Gun Safety Certificate for the President issued by Dick Cheney, NRA certified safety instructor

--------------------------------------

Oh the political theater of this administration. LOL WHAT A JOKE

Bush_codpiece_debbc.jpg
mission_accomplished.jpg

funny how people view things...

I am still laughing

The White House should put on their web site a Gun Safety Certificate for the President issued by Dick Cheney, NRA certified safety instructor

Bush_codpiece_debbc.jpg
mission_accomplished.jpg

Obama gun photo op equal to Bush's "Mission Accomplished"...duly noted.

Somewhere Obama is giving you the facepalm while muttering "please stop helping".

Did your taking points email arrive late...pogo got his marching orders 20 minutes ago...

I have it on good authority that Pogo don't take no orders, nor will he deal with march until February is over.
(sorry about that -- Danté's got me talking in the third person... :confused:)

But this is a good point:
"As it is, a reporter asked if he had ever fired a gun"

See? The reporter started it. You ask a question, you expect an answer.

Hard to see how you can work a propaganda machine if you have to wait for somebody to ask the right question so you can begin. The photo from last summer sat around for months, unnoticed and insignificant, until now, the moment when we can dig it up and theorize about what the photo's birth certificate says. And sure enough we already have people doctoring it to fit some agenda.

Now if you have some story where O'bama contradicted himself on a similar question, you might have sump'm. But all this is is a simple answer to a simple question, generating a fake-outrage thread, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Last edited:

I have it on good authority that Pogo don't take no orders, nor will he deal with march until February is over.

Hard to see how you can work a propaganda machine if you have to wait for somebody to ask the right question so you can begin. The photo from last summer sat around for months, unnoticed and insignificant, until now, the moment when we can dig it up and theorize about what the photo's birth certificate says. And sure enough we already have people doctoring it to fit some agenda.

Now if you have some story where O'bama contradicted himself on a similar question, you might have sump'm. But all this is is a simple answer to a simple question, generating a fake-outrage thread, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Obama needs to smarten up

The rightwing conspiracy theorists are not about to accept any proof he provides. They call him a liar, demand proof and then either call the proof fake or use it as an excuse to further mock him

Time to stop playing their silly game. He can't win

He just needs to tell them to STFU

The rightwing conspiracy theorists are not about to accept any proof he provides. They call him a liar, demand proof and then either call the proof fake or use it as an excuse to further mock him

I don't think you're actually this stupid, so...out of respect...I'll choose to assume you are simply desperate.

Allow me to draw you a picture.

As "proof" of his skeet shooting, Obama releases an election propaganda photo.

That's his proof...A picture his campaign thought might help him bamboozle a few gun owners.

I don't know which is sadder, that Obama is trying to sell it, or that you are willing to sully your reputation to get folks to buy such a transparent ruse.

Last edited:

(sorry about that -- Danté's got me talking in the third person... :confused:)

Ironic that you should choose that quote, as it illustrates my point exactly...Obama's is strutting upon a stage.

I don't believe this is Obama propaganda machine orchestrated....this is CYA.

Obama is asked about shooting...he calculates what he believes sounds best...not the truth...but what sounds best to fit his agenda.

But no one believes him...in fact, some sources volunteer that he hated shooting and couldn't get away fast enough.

Well, now he is in a pickle...

So...as "proof" he trots out a staged PR picture from the election campaign, one that was choreographed to make him appear gun friendly to voters in swing states...that's his proof.

A staged campaign photo, timed perfectly to prove to voters he actually fired the gun.

And he expects this to be taken seriously...and defended by his supporters.

You should be OFFENDED that he expects you to look so foolish in his defense.

Last edited:

I don't think you're actually this stupid, so...out of respect...I'll choose to assume you are simply desperate.

That's his proof...A picture his campaign thought might help him bamboozle a few gun owners.

I don't know which is sadder, that Obama is trying to sell it, or that you are willing to sully your reputation to get folks to buy such a transparent ruse.

Talk about stupid

How stupid is it to release an election propaganda photo three months after the election? I realize how intelligent you are and respect it. Does a photo of Obama shooting a shotgun help him with his base? Would it have caused conservatives to vote for him? I think not

The photo was a simple archive photo of Obama at Camp David. Until Republicans made it an issue, it would have remained buried.

Obama needs to stop pandering to those who call him a liar. It is beneath the dignity of the office

then I guess you shot it a year ago?

that may qualify fr you, but "all the time" doesn't equal once, it doesn't equal twice, now does it? or is English your forth language?

I am still laughing

Bush_codpiece_debbc.jpg
mission_accomplished.jpg

Somewhere Obama is giving you the facepalm while muttering "please stop helping".

I missed the aircraft carrier, the jet landing, the crotch grabbing pilot costume and the throng staged adulation in Obama's picture. The camera must have been pointing the wrong way.

Talk about stupid

How stupid is it to release an election propaganda photo three months after the election? I realize how intelligent you are and respect it. Does a photo of Obama shooting a shotgun help him with his base? Would it have caused conservatives to vote for him? I think not

The photo was a simple archive photo of Obama at Camp David. Until Republicans made it an issue, it would have remained buried.

Obama needs to stop pandering to those who call him a liar. It is beneath the dignity of the office

That's obviously what his campaign decided as well...good try, but not going to help, so they shelved it.

Obama is a politician...liar is part of the job description.

Last edited:

Talk about stupid

he wasn't talking guns 3 months ago...now was he? hes trying to to gin up sppt. before his Minnesota speech, hello earth to RW.

it became an issue becasue he trotted out, just a mealy mouthed man of the people bullshit quip, he thinks he can always get away with cause the media sure as shit won't call him on it and you and the rest lap it up, like his mother getting robbed of medical coverage, or the guy that was killed becasue his insurance company cut him off, or to really plumb the depths pf his inexhaustible supply, like the one liner on doctors cutting off limbs to make a quick buck...

gee, I am really sorry if he makes a fool out of himself and someone calls him on it and you make us the problem? take that alinksy flip flop poo poo and eat it yourself. Not everyone is a brainless media sheep.

I

Bush_codpiece_debbc.jpg
mission_accomplished.jpg

I missed the aircraft carrier, the jet landing, the crotch grabbing pilot costume and the throng staged adulation in Obama's picture. The camera must have been pointing the wrong way.

You can only do so much when your subject is that uncomfortable with his props.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back