Obama To Allow Mt. McKinley Name Change

I'll continue to call it Mt McKinley.

that's what I called it and lived 25 miles from it.

So, you hate Sarah Palin?

She called it Mt. Denali.

Sarah Palin's Farewell Address -- Full Transcript

"What an absolutely beautiful day it is, and it is my honor to speak to all Alaskans, to our Alaskan family this last time as your governor. And it is always great to be in Fairbanks. The rugged rugged hardy people that live up here and some of the most patriotic people whom you will ever know live here, and one thing that you are known for is your steadfast support of our military community up here and I thank you for that and thank you United States military for protecting the greatest nation on Earth. Together we stand.

And getting up here I say it is the best road trip in America soaring through nature's finest show. Denali, the great one, soaring under the midnight sun. And then the extremes. "

:D
The bitch! No matter. Obama does not have the authority to change the name.

Secretary of the Interior does
Interior secretary doesn't either. Only Congress can authorize it with funds.

The Interior Secretary has authority to resolve naming disputes

But Congress still retains the rights to name Post Offices

Well that's the thing, there is no ruckus in Alaska, it's all you lower 48 dipshits throwing around praise and cut-down's as typical.

Alaskan's are too busy doing shit to dick around with stupid political shit - we throw out the petition to change the name every decade or so, the idiot in Ohio says "but McKinley was a great man!" and our petition dies. We shrug, continue to call it Denali, and go back to our shit because seriously, what ya'll call it down there is irrelevant to pretty much everyone, the Natives know we have wanted and have been trying to get it changed, it's the stupid system that borks it up. There is no 'racial divide' to bridge on the issue, we did that 40 years ago - there's literally nothing but stupid political red tape and one idiot in Ohio. lol
Yepp.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration will change the name of North America's tallest mountain peak from Mount McKinley to Denali, the White House said Sunday, a major symbolic gesture to Alaska Natives on the eve of President Barack Obama's historic visit to Alaska.

By renaming the peak Denali, an Athabascan word meaning "the high one," Obama waded into a sensitive and decades-old conflict between residents of Alaska and Ohio. Alaskans have informally called the mountain Denali for years, but the federal government recognizes its name invoking the 25th president, William McKinley, who was born in Ohio and assassinated early in his second term."

White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip

What say you? Good or bad!

I've referred to Mt McKinley as Denali all my life so it's no big deal to me. I spent 9 years in Alaska working for Exxon. Obama is going to Alaska to be part of a TV show. What a looser! A reality TV show. I'm not sure the Office of the president will ever recover after this joke of a man is finished with it.
Nixon appeared on laugh-in...

How about president David Duke renaming all current MLK blvd's back to what they were because the white gentrifiers think MLK gives their newly gentrified neighborhoods a ghetto appearance and reduces property values?

What's fucking ridiculous is that Alaskan's, who are by vast majority Republican's, have been wanting to change the name for 40 years. Ohio won't let us.

So yea, it is about state rights, our right to name our mountain what we want, despite fucking Ohio (and really they are the only ones who gave a fuck.)

Meanwhile; the little tin god is going to stop in California on his way back, to pick up a few hundred million from the Hollywood elite. While there, he will rename Mt. Baldy to "Mt. Follicular Impaired."

Mt. Wilson, named for Progressive Fabian Woodrow Wilson, will be renamed to Montaña de la Reconquista.

If it was enough of an issue they'd bring it up. Like Cape Cnaveral no longer being Cape Kennedy. I don't think an arrogant president made that change back in the name of implementing overbearing faint go

They have brought it up. Many times.

Each time it's been shot down by Congressmen from Ohio.
So it's better to allow a political whore to use the issue in order to implement more fascism? The only issue right now should be about that and not the name change itself.

If it was enough of an issue they'd bring it up. Like Cape Cnaveral no longer being Cape Kennedy. I don't think an arrogant president made that change back in the name of implementing overbearing faint go

So it's better to allow a political whore to use the issue in order to implement more fascism? The only issue right now should be about that and not the name change itself.

How is following the wishes of the State of Alaska "more fascism"?

Be specific.

How is following the wishes of the State of Alaska "more fascism"?

Be specific.
EPA implementations are the fascism and the name change is the misdirection in attempting to apply more EPA.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration will change the name of North America's tallest mountain peak from Mount McKinley to Denali, the White House said Sunday, a major symbolic gesture to Alaska Natives on the eve of President Barack Obama's historic visit to Alaska. By renaming the peak Denali, an Athabascan word meaning "the high one," Obama waded into a sensitive and decades-old conflict between residents of Alaska and Ohio. Alaskans have informally called the mountain Denali for years, but the federal government recognizes its name invoking the 25th president, William McKinley, who was born in Ohio and assassinated early in his second term."
White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip What say you? Good or bad!
Not changing the name. Correcting a misnomer. It was called Denali long before McKinley was even born. Besides, it's what Alaskans want.

B'loney. Mt. McKinley was named 98 years ago. According to the Leftwing worldview, we should all stop speaking English and adopt the grunts used by prehistoric humans.

I can see why this lack of evolution and development would appeal to Obamanites (so EQUALIZING), but to modern humans, it's nonsense.

I am baffled why you think actually listening to the demands of Alaskan citizens- who have already renamed the Mountain in Alaska- to the former name- is a 'lack of evolution' or 'nonsense'.

This is not something President Obama instigated- it is something Alaska has been pushing for years.

Frankly I don't care that much either way- this whole thing is just hilarious watching Conservatives go apeshit over the President doing what Republicans(from Alaska) want.

Reminds me of how apeshit Conservatives went when Chris Christie went off the reservation by riding with Obama in a helicopter.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration will change the name of North America's tallest mountain peak from Mount McKinley to Denali, the White House said Sunday, a major symbolic gesture to Alaska Natives on the eve of President Barack Obama's historic visit to Alaska. By renaming the peak Denali, an Athabascan word meaning "the high one," Obama waded into a sensitive and decades-old conflict between residents of Alaska and Ohio. Alaskans have informally called the mountain Denali for years, but the federal government recognizes its name invoking the 25th president, William McKinley, who was born in Ohio and assassinated early in his second term."
White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip What say you? Good or bad!
Not changing the name. Correcting a misnomer. It was called Denali long before McKinley was even born. Besides, it's what Alaskans want.

B'loney. Mt. McKinley was named 98 years ago. According to the Leftwing worldview, we should all stop speaking English and adopt the grunts used by prehistoric humans.

I can see why this lack of evolution and development would appeal to Obamanites (so EQUALIZING), but to modern humans, it's nonsense.

I am baffled why you think actually listening to the demands of Alaskan citizens- who have already renamed the Mountain in Alaska- to the former name- is a 'lack of evolution' or 'nonsense'.

This is not something President Obama instigated- it is something Alaska has been pushing for years.

Frankly I don't care that much either way- this whole thing is just hilarious watching Conservatives go apeshit over the President doing what Republicans(from Alaska) want.

Reminds me of how apeshit Conservatives went when Chris Christie went off the reservation by riding with Obama in a helicopter.

I think it is nonsense that the Feds own land in AK in the first place. But under the condition that this is Federal land, it isn't a state issue to rename the mountain as it belongs to all of us.

My preference: give Federal lands back to the states and let the states decide on the best use of it, unfettered by Centralized Soviet Style Regulations.

Me neither; however, the federal government would not recognize the name change b/c of members of Congress from Ohio wouldn't allow the Department of the Interior to accept the change. This a battle that has been going on for decades.

Yet another reason to get rid of Federal ownership of lands inside the boundaries of states.

I agree, we should sell the land back to the states at fair market value
Lol with what money?

Considering the Federal Government owns about a third of the land, we could pay off our debt by selling it back to the states
Where are the states going to get the money?
If history is any indication, the Red states will just put it on the credit card and stick future taxpayers with the bill, plus interest.

Meanwhile; the little tin god is going to stop in California on his way back, to pick up a few hundred million from the Hollywood elite. While there, he will rename Mt. Baldy to "Mt. Follicular Impaired."

Mt. Wilson, named for Progressive Fabian Woodrow Wilson, will be renamed to Montaña de la Reconquista.

Love watching the continued meltdown by Conservatives.

Demonstrating that there is nothing too trivial that can be done by Obama that they won't meltdown over.

This is hilarious.

I think it is nonsense that the Feds own land in AK in the first place. But under the condition that this is Federal land, it isn't a state issue to rename the mountain as it belongs to all of us.

My preference: give Federal lands back to the states and let the states decide on the best use of it, unfettered by Centralized Soviet Style Regulations.

Then you best talk to Congress about that.

Nothing Obama can do to help you with your desires there.

Meanwhile- we will just put you down as "Doesn't want to listen to the citizens of a State- when Obama listens to them"

How about president David Duke renaming all current MLK blvd's back to what they were because the white gentrifiers think MLK gives their newly gentrified neighborhoods a ghetto appearance and reduces property values?
I can imagine that would turn you on.

I already live in the ghetto. I have the perspective you lack.

Forum List

Back