Obama To Allow Mt. McKinley Name Change

She is one of yours! She was a governor and ran as a VP.
Give up your childish ways
Yes she is and she would make a better president than Obama but she is a private citizen not holding office at this time. free to go on any show she wants. If she was president she would not be on a reality show she is a more serious person than that.
fruitloop.JPG
Here is your boy!!!

It was named Mt. McKinley in 1896 before he even became President of the United States. Alaska had changed the name back in 1975 but it wasn't recognized by the federal government b/c of the efforts Rep. Regula of Ohio. This really isn't that big of a deal.

So the state already changed the name? Then it is Denali, not sure why the Feds need to bless this. Clearly a states issues.

Me neither; however, the federal government would not recognize the name change b/c of members of Congress from Ohio wouldn't allow the Department of the Interior to accept the change. This a battle that has been going on for decades.

Yet another reason to get rid of Federal ownership of lands inside the boundaries of states.

I agree, we should sell the land back to the states at fair market value
Lol with what money?

Considering the Federal Government owns about a third of the land, we could pay off our debt by selling it back to the states

So the state already changed the name? Then it is Denali, not sure why the Feds need to bless this. Clearly a states issues.

Me neither; however, the federal government would not recognize the name change b/c of members of Congress from Ohio wouldn't allow the Department of the Interior to accept the change. This a battle that has been going on for decades.

Yet another reason to get rid of Federal ownership of lands inside the boundaries of states.

Lol with what money?

Considering the Federal Government owns about a third of the land, we could pay off our debt by selling it back to the states
Where are the states going to get the money?

I heard about this and wondered if anyone really even gives a shit. He could name it Mount Doo Doo for all I care. In fact, I'd give him Two Thumbs way up if he did. :thup: :thup:

And to perfectly balance things, the deepest landfill in North America needs to be named after Obama.
If we let conservatives have their way, it would be the Grand Canyon!
You believe conservatives have no appreciation for nature?
BTW, the real ultra-conservatives today are lefties and democrats and try to disguise themselves as liberal progressives.

Lol with what money?

Where are the states going to get the money?

How is that my problem?

Why should we give land owned by all the people to an isolated few?

Lol with what money?

The states have enough cash to pay off the Federal debt?
11.jpg

How much would all that be worth?

What's All the Land in America Worth?

I don't know, it seems kinda iffy to me. :dunno:

Last edited:
Obama is a divisive political whore. The only reason he is doing this is to gin up the AGW politics and politically segregate another aspect of American culture. He is an anti-American political whore bigot racism opportunist and needs to be removed pronto.

B'loney. Mt. McKinley was named 98 years ago. According to the Leftwing worldview, we should all stop speaking English and adopt the grunts used by prehistoric humans.

I can see why this lack of evolution and development would appeal to Obamanites (so EQUALIZING), but to modern humans, it's nonsense.

It was named Mt. McKinley in 1896 before he even became President of the United States. Alaska had changed the name back in 1975 but it wasn't recognized by the federal government b/c of the efforts Rep. Regula of Ohio. This really isn't that big of a deal.

According to loons such as you, the U.S. stole the lands in the first place, so the Feds' ownership is illegal.

According to loons such as you, the U.S. stole the lands in the first place, so the Feds' ownership is illegal.
I thought we bought it from the Rooskies. (-:

They moved me to current events.

I'm sorry is Obama not a politician????

I thought we bought it from the Rooskies. (-:

Who did they steal it from, bub?

;)

Feds owned it before they became states

The perpetual state of outrage that some people here have over what they see as "PC" is just as ridiculous to me as the perpetual state of outrage felt by many Women's Studies majors.

Obama is a divisive political whore. The only reason he is doing this is to gin up the AGW politics and politically segregate another aspect of American culture. He is an anti-American political whore bigot racism opportunist and needs to be removed pronto.

:lol:

So now it's "anti-American" to respect the decision and opinion of the state the mountain is in?

I thought you guys were all about "State's rights".

Forum List

Back