Obama to force more diversity in the suburbs

To be fair, my well-off small city specifically requested some section 8 housing in the area because we were extremely short on workers.

So far it's been just fine, they opened up just before last winter and all we've had is some kid killed his girlfriend and parked at the new Walgreens, but I don't think it was related; both of the kids were from wealthy families, he just had a screw loose...

The wealthy neighborhoods still won't have diversity. Some cities will have none. Cities like Indian Wells certainly won't. They don't even have so much as a public park.

Anyone think all these ignorant ideas are all from this idiot puppet/thug they call Our president. you better start worrying just who IT is PULLING HIS STRINGS IN THE SHADOWS

this man isn't filled with all these he lays on us DAILY. he not that brilliant

Ya know I was just thinking about this, in relation to growing up here in this small [on paper] segregated city, and it occurred to me... I did not find any language in this that dictates /who/ would move into these section 8's, merely that they should be built in wealthy neighborhoods... Well ya know, the big problems us teens had in town here was finding apartments. Section 8's could be "teen pads" for small cities like mine - the public is happy we've "righted a wrong" or whatever, and teens are happy cause they get affordable rent near mom and dad. It's a win-win.

I kind of look at it this way.....

Since the program is voluntary and a way for broke cities to get government grants, the cities that take advantage of the program will almost exclusively be cities run by the Democrats......

Once home prices tank and the crime rate in those neighborhoods skyrockets, that should have the middle-class Democrat homeowners who live there voting Republican for the next 30 years!!!!!:badgrin:

Ya know I was just thinking about this, in relation to growing up here in this small [on paper] segregated city, and it occurred to me... I did not find any language in this that dictates /who/ would move into these section 8's, merely that they should be built in wealthy neighborhoods... Well ya know, the big problems us teens had in town here was finding apartments. Section 8's could be "teen pads" for small cities like mine - the public is happy we've "righted a wrong" or whatever, and teens are happy cause they get affordable rent near mom and dad. It's a win-win.
Teen party pads woohoo.

Since the program is voluntary and a way for broke cities to get government grants, the cities that take advantage of the program will almost exclusively be cities run by the Democrats......

Once home prices tank and the crime rate in those neighborhoods skyrockets, that should have the middle-class Democrat homeowners who live there voting Republican for the next 30 years!!!!!:badgrin:
Westchester, a very affluent New York area, turned down 20 million dollars.

the left just wants us evil white people to share our clean communities with a few criminals. next thing u know, they will be jumping over our fences, crashing our pool parties, then the cops come and manhandle all of "The Children". is that what we want?

Wait, it's voluntary? Huh, well then I actually don't get why people are even trying to vote against it here... Does it tie up x amount of the budget for section 8's into "only affluent" cities or something? Or are we talking about some random political jack wad looking for publicity?

In any event, if it's voluntary and for cities that need grant funds... that's not going to put it in wealthy neighborhoods so... uhm... "yay for stupid useless laws"? - like the one that says moose can't cross the street up here lol

I support Obama here. I will go further and suggest he go live in a neighborhood he has section eighted instead of living in a bigoted lily white neighborhood. He should experience the joys of diversity.

Forum List

Back