Obama wants to turn our interstates into toll roads

anything that can give him and his comrades MONEY he's all for it

I thought he was only going to TAX THE RICH

you got duped again by him eh

just another way to take money out of the pockets of american citizens due to overspending and mismanagment by government. big government will kill you everytime

This is going nowhere. We all saw how this moron screwed up healthcare. He can't do anything right and everybody knows it.

Obama Proposes Tolls on Interstates Across Nation

30 Apr 2014 1012
As with many federal accounts, the Highway Trust Fund is running on empty. Refilled with the 18.4-cent per gallon gas tax and disbursed by politicians and bureaucrats in Washington, the federal highway fund faces a $63 billion shortfall through 2018.

A shortage of funds tends to concentrate the mind—which is why the White House just proposed lifting an old federal restriction against tolling on 46,000 miles of interstate roads. This would allow states to collect tolls on federal interstates for the purpose of funding repairs and expansion.

What commuters and taxpayers may think of adding tolls on top of taxes is another story however—one that takes a back seat to the powerful interests now speaking to our representatives in Washington.

Of course, we’ve seen this rodeo before: government gets bigger, borrows and spends more tax money, and then, when funds get squeezed, politicians seek ways to increase taxes, fees, or tolls for things large numbers of voters actually use or want, such as safe streets or free-flowing roads. Meanwhile, general revenue that once paid for critical items gets shifted to growing the welfare state and swelling bureaucratic power

OMIGOD! He already did it! In New York! The Thruway is a Toll Road! Yikes!

ny is a joke. everything is over taxed. we drive across the border to NJ for gas and pay $.35 - $.40 less per gallon. no tax on clothing. less tax on food.

This is going nowhere. We all saw how this moron screwed up healthcare. He can't do anything right and everybody knows it.

Obama Proposes Tolls on Interstates Across Nation

30 Apr 2014 1012
As with many federal accounts, the Highway Trust Fund is running on empty. Refilled with the 18.4-cent per gallon gas tax and disbursed by politicians and bureaucrats in Washington, the federal highway fund faces a $63 billion shortfall through 2018.

A shortage of funds tends to concentrate the mind—which is why the White House just proposed lifting an old federal restriction against tolling on 46,000 miles of interstate roads. This would allow states to collect tolls on federal interstates for the purpose of funding repairs and expansion.

What commuters and taxpayers may think of adding tolls on top of taxes is another story however—one that takes a back seat to the powerful interests now speaking to our representatives in Washington.

Of course, we’ve seen this rodeo before: government gets bigger, borrows and spends more tax money, and then, when funds get squeezed, politicians seek ways to increase taxes, fees, or tolls for things large numbers of voters actually use or want, such as safe streets or free-flowing roads. Meanwhile, general revenue that once paid for critical items gets shifted to growing the welfare state and swelling bureaucratic power

OMIGOD! He already did it! In New York! The Thruway is a Toll Road! Yikes!

learn to read

I'm curious. How are interstate highways mismanaged spending and overspending?

Are liberals wanting to tax the little guy who drives his family across country? I thought we wanted to go after the rich?

Because al gores lockbox is a hoax. The govt puts all revenue into general funds. Gas tax, social security and they still need more, wtf???

They want to restrict and monitor who is moving back and forth. This is what communism looks like. Get used to it.

Because al gores lockbox is a hoax. The govt puts all revenue into general funds. Gas tax, social security and they still need more, wtf???

In case you hadn't noticed, we aren't maintaining our infrastructure, or paying all our bills without borrowed money. That's a poor plan, on both accounts.

Are liberals wanting to tax the little guy who drives his family across country? I thought we wanted to go after the rich?
In this case we're taxing the people who use what was built. Makes sense right?

No, it forcing people to pay over and over for what they already paid for. It's not our problem the feds can't manage money, well I guess they are trying to make it our problem aren't they?

Forum List

Back