Obama will not sign GOP law to extend subsidies-Breaking

It seems the catching point is "But Burwell said the measure would also take away the subsidies over time and repeal important components of Obamacare such as guaranteeing insurance for Americans with pre-existing health conditions.
Burwell Obama wouldn t sign GOP plan to extend insurance subsidies - Yahoo News
Did you predict that? What objection do you have against guaranteeing insurance for American's with pre-existing conditions?
Of course there is no detailed GOP proposal so she (and you) are talking out of your ass.

There most certainly is a detailed GOP proposal. It's an actual bill, dumbass.

Here is the sponsor of that bill crowing about it. And it is exactly what Burwell said it is.

There are poison pill provisions in the bill which are not necessary to fix the federal exchange subsidies.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that Obama will not sign a law effectively repealing Obamacare.
Yes he would rather millions go without insurance or healthcare than work with the GOP to find solutions.

A Hart Research Associates Poll released on March 2, finds that by a solid 63-29 majority, American voters want to keep Obamacare intact. The national survey of 800 registered voters, conducted on behalf of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), found that 63 percent of respondents would disapprove, if the Supreme Court restricted the availability of tax credits under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), with 44 percent strongly disapproving.

By contrast, just 29 percent of American voters would approve of the Supreme Court siding with the plaintiffs in King v. Burwell. A ruling in favor of the plaintiffs could eliminate the health care subsidies in 34 states. Only 15 percent strongly favored the Court pulling the federal subsidies and depriving millions of Americans of coverage under the ACA.

According to the poll, even 56 percent of Republican voters want to keep the subsidies in place. 74 percent of Democrats and 57 percent of Independents support upholding the subsidies.

http://www.seiu.org/ACA Tax Credits PF.pdf

This polling data directly contradicts the Washington Post polling data just posted....(see GOP voters).

Somebody is lying....wonder who? :D

You are because it doesn't!

No sweetie....try again. You can't read numbers I guess. Stop breathing through your mouth and look specifically at the GOP numbers in both polls. Look real careful and get back to me. :D

Ironic!

In 1998, the Republican Congress passed a budget. This budget had Medicare cuts in it.

Just about every year since then, every Congress has had to write a "doc fix" as a result of that 1998 Republican legislation.

Yeeeees, both Democratic and Republican Congresses have passed those doc fixes.

So I will leave it up to you, dear Reader, to decide which post is coffee spitting worthy. The one where I said the Republicans could have fixed the subsidy problem any time they wished, or the one where RandallFlag felt it was not possible for Republicans to pass legislation making repairs to a Democratic-passed law.
The GOP just got rid of the doc fix. Democrats did nothing.
You really are an ignorant boob, arent you?
It took 17 years to finally enact a final doc fix which eliminates the cuts to Medicare. But during all those years in between, Democratic and Republican Congresses enacted several doc fixes.

You really don't know anything about this.

Republicans to Obama:

You didn't stop us from fucking up your bill so it is YOUR fault

No...the Dims fucked it up all by themselves....:lol:

Lets see...

Republicans cherry pick an obscure sentence and push a bizarre interpretation
Republicans file suit to Supreme Court
Republicans refuse simple legislation clarifying the wording

Yup...Obama's fault

A Hart Research Associates Poll released on March 2, finds that by a solid 63-29 majority, American voters want to keep Obamacare intact. The national survey of 800 registered voters, conducted on behalf of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), found that 63 percent of respondents would disapprove, if the Supreme Court restricted the availability of tax credits under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), with 44 percent strongly disapproving.

By contrast, just 29 percent of American voters would approve of the Supreme Court siding with the plaintiffs in King v. Burwell. A ruling in favor of the plaintiffs could eliminate the health care subsidies in 34 states. Only 15 percent strongly favored the Court pulling the federal subsidies and depriving millions of Americans of coverage under the ACA.

According to the poll, even 56 percent of Republican voters want to keep the subsidies in place. 74 percent of Democrats and 57 percent of Independents support upholding the subsidies.

http://www.seiu.org/ACA Tax Credits PF.pdf

This polling data directly contradicts the Washington Post polling data just posted....(see GOP voters).

Somebody is lying....wonder who? :D

You are because it doesn't!

No sweetie....try again. You can't read numbers I guess. Stop breathing through your mouth and look specifically at the GOP numbers in both polls. Look real careful and get back to me. :D

Ironic!

Idiotic! :lol:

It seems the catching point is "But Burwell said the measure would also take away the subsidies over time and repeal important components of Obamacare such as guaranteeing insurance for Americans with pre-existing health conditions.
Did you predict that? What objection do you have against guaranteeing insurance for American's with pre-existing conditions?
Of course there is no detailed GOP proposal so she (and you) are talking out of your ass.
I did predict Obama would only sign a "clean bill". And it's sure moving in that direction.

If so....then the lack of subsidies will be 100% on Obama and the Dims.
Stamp your tiny toes three times when you say that. It'll help make the delivery more effective.

Republicans to Obama:

You didn't stop us from fucking up your bill so it is YOUR fault

No...the Dims fucked it up all by themselves....:lol:

Lets see...

Republicans cherry pick an obscure sentence and push a bizarre interpretation
Republicans file suit to Supreme Court
Republicans refuse simple legislation clarifying the wording

Yup...Obama's fault

Well...your guy Gruber agreed with the GOP interpretation. Why don't we wait to see how the Court sees it. :)

Why do Republicans have so much of a problem with covering pre-existing conditions?

An overwhelming majority of Americans support it
Until they see what it does to their insurance premiums. You think that shit is free?

What happens to the insurance premiums of those with a pre-existing condition?

Fuck them...I'm healthy

Well, the GOP's approach to Medicare shows were the GOP's interests are,,,Big Insurance!
Here's what they want to do with Medicare. Privatize it and give vouchers to the Medicare eligible folks. The voucher would be adjusted annually based on the CPI.
Now this all appears fine and dandy, except the annual increases for healthcare insurance are always much higher than the increase in the CPI.
Considering most Medicare eligible participants live on a fixed income, how long down the line, does the privatized version of Medicare become not affordable?
As the graph below is a visual to what I'm addressing.
Who benefits from the GOP approach? Big Insurance. Who are the losers, the elderly on fixed incomes. The GOP plan is a gift to Big Insurance and the hell with the people.
cpi and healthcare cost.jpg

So, if the GOP would ever come up with legislation to reform healthcare, their track record would show who wins and who loses.

Check numbers again. Try harder this time. :) Anyone see the contradiction in the polling data?

Look real close. :)

Derideo_Te

I'll make it easy for tiny minds. :lol:

Washington Post Poll.

"Fifty-five percent of Republicans say the court should rule against the subsidies."

Poll Jake posted.

"According to the poll, even 56 percent of Republican voters want to keep the subsidies in place."

Direct contradiction. God....libturds are so fucking stupid. Good times.....:D

The GOP could have passed a fix a long time ago, but preferred instead to create a constitutional crisis.

So is it really surprising they STILL won't pass a fix without adding a bunch of poison pills to create ANOTHER crisis?

Nope. Not surprising at all.

Party over country. Fuck all those people whose subsidies they are messing with. This is how you win votes!

Funny. Really funny. The bill was passed without one republican vote - and now, you claim the "republicans could have already fixed this mess".

Funny.
Funny? That's really funny. "do nothing but complain about everything". What does republican offer? Nothing. Nooooothing.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that Obama will not sign a law effectively repealing Obamacare.
Yes he would rather millions go without insurance or healthcare than work with the GOP to find solutions.
See? The tards are drinking the piss already!

Incredible.

Fortunately, the rest of America is not stupid enough to buy this bullshit, and the GOP will take a serious hit if it continues with this idiocy, just like it did with the shutdown.

I did predict Obama would only sign a "clean bill". And it's sure moving in that direction.

If so....then the lack of subsidies will be 100% on Obama and the Dims.
Stamp your tiny toes three times when you say that. It'll help make the delivery more effective.

Question: Who wrote the Law? Who's "signature achievement" is it? Who said "we'll wait to pass the law before we know what's in it?"

Sorry.....those pesky facts again. :D

PUBLIC: We need some concrete poured to fix this collapsing bridge.

GOP: Here is a bill to fix the bridge, and it also contains provisions to shoot old ladies who reach the age of 100.

PRESIDENT: I will not sign this bill.

GOP: The president wants that bridge to collapse!

See? The tards are drinking the piss already!

Incredible.

Fortunately, the rest of America is not stupid enough to buy this bullshit, and the GOP will take a serious hit if it continues with this idiocy, just like it did with the shutdown.

Another one with a magic crystal ball. These are the facts.

Question: Who wrote the Law? Who's "signature achievement" is it? Who said "we'll wait to pass the law before we know what's in it?"

Answers to the above.....not GOP. :lol:

Perhaps what the gop pols really want to avoid is this. Making a major national election issue over repealing Obama and replacing it with something, that I would prefer, that allows people to obtain tax credits to purchase insurance in state, or federal, exchanges. If they actually tried to effectively govern, they'd pss off the wing of their own party that doesn't want the fed govt in healthcare ... even though the only reason they have employer sponsored plans is because the govt's been giving their employer a tax break for providing it for the past sixty or so odd years.

Perhaps what the gop pols really want to avoid is this. Making a major national election issue over repealing Obama and replacing it with something, that I would prefer, that allows people to obtain tax credits to purchase insurance in state, or federal, exchanges. If they actually tried to effectively govern, they'd pss off the wing of their own party that doesn't want the fed govt in healthcare ... even though the only reason they have employer sponsored plans is because the govt's been giving their employer a tax break for providing it for the past sixty or so odd years.

The Law needs to be fixed. There are some good parts to it. Obama needs to compromise.

Make the law better. Is that so hard?

Shut her down!

Let's see how willing Obama is to compromise. He's good at that right? :lol:

He wants something, the GOP wants something. But this time the GOP have the cards. If it gets killed it will be solely on Obama's hands. Remember, he and the Dims wrote this piece of shit.
Good luck selling that to the folks in swing states if they lose insurance with a gop court and a gop plaintiff lawsuit. I'm sure the latinos and gays are coming over to the gop too.
They are going to blame the President. It isnt called "Boehnercare" or "McConnellcare". It's called Obamacare. And it sucks. And people hate it.

Forum List

Back