Obama Won't Attend Gettysburg Address Remembrance

It doesn't appear that the anniversary of the Gettysburg Address is a major national event. I don't see much buzz on it
True...... I doubt the average under 30 American citizen even knows anything about Gettysburg Address or the events that took place there. . :cool:

If it doesn't involve plugging an iPad in their asses no they don't.

My dad took me to Gettysburg on a holiday. Believe it or not I'm grateful. Watching my Baba pale and almost pass out as they recreated an operation on the battlefield that involved an amputation.

He thought it important to learn history as live as we could get close to it.

That's what makes some days so strange on this board. I'm back in Canada now, but I have walked the halls of the White House.

I have stood at the statue of Lincoln and watched my father cry as he embraced the statue. I have run up the Needle. With my dad on a bet that we could do it.

And stood with my whole family as my parents let me give "I had a dream" speech and then best of best Arlington.

Years upon years sadly watching Arlington expand but the eternal flame. Ah the eternal flame of JFK and Patrick and to me my hero Bobby.

Washington is amazing. Pity more of you Americans never bother visiting your own history.

BFD
Seriously, why would anyone care?
With all the other shit he/the government does, why the angst over this?
2nd thread in two days.

The President left or right democrat or republican dissing the 150TH anniversary of the Gettysburg address is a big deal.

You don't get this at all?

What a loser you are if you do not understand the import of this.
Are you planning on attending?

well he wants to keep a low profile so he does not have
to answer questions about all his lies on healthcare

give the guy a break

Since Lincoln was the greatest Republican of all time, I imagine ll the major players in the Republican Party will be there

Let's make a list of who shows up

Was the prez even envited? Is he sceduled to be somewhere else? Do presidents usually attend? Sounds like a whole-lotta-nadda.

Was the prez even envited? Is he sceduled to be somewhere else? Do presidents usually attend? Sounds like a whole-lotta-nadda.

Seriously are you that demented?

It's the 150th anniversary for crying out loud.

I'm sure though President Obama has better things to do like golfing or hanging with JayZ and Beyonce.

Of course,
if it is not about him or if he can't use it to promote himself
the narcissist would have no reason to go

I'm sure though President Obama has better things to do like golfing or hanging with JayZ and Beyonce.

Just asking a question - unlike some other folks ... I don't know everything there is to know.

Now, do presidents usually attend? Did he go last year? Did B, B, Bush go? Inquiring minds want to know.

Wow. Profile in cowardice is a great way to put this moment for Obama's legacy. It's being taken as a snub.

'This is nothing less than a profile in cowardice': Obama refuses to speak at 150th anniversary of Gettysburg

Barack Obama will not attend the 150th anniversary celebration of Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address on November 19

Interior Secretary Sally Jewell will represent him

Some Pennsylvania newspapers have accused the president of 'cowardice'

President Barack Obama's affinity for Abraham Lincoln was on display through his political rise, but he won't be on hand to mark one of the 16th president's signature moments.

Obama has refused to attend the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address in Pennsylvania on November 19.

His decision, which has not been explained, has infuriated local media.

Just asking a question - unlike some other folks ... I don't know everything there is to know.

Now, do presidents usually attend? Did he go last year? Did B, B, Bush go? Inquiring minds want to know.

Pffffffft. If you do not understand the significance of the 150th Anniversary of Lincoln's Gettysburg address without having it spelt out for you means you really better get a helmet for playing in this political sandbox known as the USMB.

:lol:

Wow. Profile in cowardice is a great way to put this moment for Obama's legacy. It's being taken as a snub.

'This is nothing less than a profile in cowardice': Obama refuses to speak at 150th anniversary of Gettysburg

Barack Obama will not attend the 150th anniversary celebration of Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address on November 19

President Barack Obama's affinity for Abraham Lincoln was on display through his political rise, but he won't be on hand to mark one of the 16th president's signature moments.

Obama has refused to attend the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address in Pennsylvania on November 19.

Since Lincoln was a prominent Republican, can you provide a list of Republican leaders who will be in attendance?

I imagine it will be quite impressive

Since Lincoln was a prominent Republican, can you provide a list of Republican leaders who will be in attendance?

One would think that the first black president would want to recognize the president who made it possible for someone like him to become president.

He won't be there but he never misses a muslim gathering does he?

Still waiting for one of you lefties to explain the bow to the saudi king. Bush respected the arab traditions and treated his as an equal, obama bowed and treated him as some superior being.

Of course,
if it is not about him or if he can't use it to promote himself
the narcissist would have no reason to go

(Raises hand) do presidents usually attend?

Do the same folks have this every year?

Does Obama need this as part of his learn'n?

Edit: How many prior presidents have attended this event? Waiting for an answer....

Last edited:

One would think that the first black president would want to recognize the president who made it possible for someone like him to become president.

Still waiting for one of you lefties to explain the bow to the saudi king. Bush respected the arab traditions and treated his as an equal, obama bowed and treated him as some superior being.

One would think Obama would even take the time in the midst of all hell breaking loose around him to at least use this moment as a positive PR move.

But no. He disses Lincoln and this historic event. Aye carumba!

His lack of class never ceases to amaze me.

'For a president who has so demonstrably associated himself with Lincoln — the heir of Lincoln's policies who announced his candidacy from the steps of the Old State Capitol in Springfield and used the Lincoln Bible (twice) at his inauguration — this is nothing less than a profile in cowardice,' Donald Gilliland of Patriot News in the state capital of Harrisburg wrote.

'How could he not pay his respects to those whose ultimate sacrifices that made his presidency possible?' read an editorial in the York Daily Record.

'How could he not visit and acknowledge the new birth of freedom that is his — and our nation's inheritance of that battle?

'Symbolism matters. President Obama could have used this occasion to offer words of healing and reconciliation — as his Illinois forefather once did.

Instead he is sending us a little-known Cabinet member to do the job of a president, of a statesman, of an orator. Unacceptable.'

Obama refuses to speak at 150th anniversary of Gettysburg | Mail Online

Still looking for a list of republicans honoring Lincoln. Do you think Ted Cruz can divert a trip to Iowa or Boehner can cancel a golf date?

Bush fucking kissed the Sauidi king and held his hand like a ladyboy

Once more, why does he HAVE to attend? I know this stoey is the latest in evil Obama atrocities, but why does he HAVE to attend?
Still looking for a list of republicans honoring Lincoln. Do you think Ted Cruz can divert a trip to Iowa or Boehner can cancel a golf date?

Bush fucking kissed the Sauidi king and held his hand like a ladyboy

B-B-Bush! ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back