Obama = Worse President Ever

"First, President Obama ranks 18th overall, but beneath the surface of the aggregate figures lurks evidence of significant ambivalence. For example, those who view Obama as one of the worst American presidents outnumber those who view him as one of the best by nearly a 3-1 margin. Similarly, nearly twice as many respondents view Obama as over-rated than do those who consider him under-rated. One area where there is significant expert consensus about the president, however, concerns how polarizing he is viewed as being - only George W. Bush was viewed as more a more polarizing president.

Next, Obama does not perform well on more specific dimensions of presidential greatness, often viewed as average or worse. For example, he is the midpoint in terms of both personal integrity and military skill (e.g., 10th of 19 in both categories), but falls to 11th when it comes to diplomatic skill and 13th with respect to legislative skill. Even so, when asked which president should be added as the fifth face of Mt Rushmore, Obama ties with James Madison as the 7th most popular choice.

What can we take away from this? First, it is easy to infer that scholars and the public alike expected greatness from Obama early on and awarded it to him prematurely. Compare, after all, the fact that Obama’s first ranking in a major greatness poll was at #15; one must go back a half-century to Lyndon Johnson to find a president who entered the rankings at a higher number (#10), and LBJ was a well-known figure on the national stage who entered office after the national tragedy of his predecessor’s assassination. Second, scholars seem to hold Barack Obama in high regard personally, but view his skills and performance as mediocre to poor. Few think of Obama as an excellent president, while many more rate his presidency quite low, with the bulk of experts appearing to give him a passing grade but not one that would get him on the Dean’s list."
========
Why the hell do Republicans keep harping about Obama?

He is not running again.

He is on his way out.

You are campaigning against a dead man ( figuratively ).

Whether you like it or not he IS the President and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

So suck it and shut the fuck up and talk about someone who matters.
One would think you would know why, since D's are still blaming W for all things imaginable.

Like starting two wars , trashing the economy and engaging in torture?
All valid points Leftnutter, just not to this debate.

Leftnutter it is best to know what the thread is about, before posting your usual partisan crap.

Not valid to this thread?

This thread is about the "worse" president ever

"First, President Obama ranks 18th overall, but beneath the surface of the aggregate figures lurks evidence of significant ambivalence. For example, those who view Obama as one of the worst American presidents outnumber those who view him as one of the best by nearly a 3-1 margin. Similarly, nearly twice as many respondents view Obama as over-rated than do those who consider him under-rated. One area where there is significant expert consensus about the president, however, concerns how polarizing he is viewed as being - only George W. Bush was viewed as more a more polarizing president.

Next, Obama does not perform well on more specific dimensions of presidential greatness, often viewed as average or worse. For example, he is the midpoint in terms of both personal integrity and military skill (e.g., 10th of 19 in both categories), but falls to 11th when it comes to diplomatic skill and 13th with respect to legislative skill. Even so, when asked which president should be added as the fifth face of Mt Rushmore, Obama ties with James Madison as the 7th most popular choice.

What can we take away from this? First, it is easy to infer that scholars and the public alike expected greatness from Obama early on and awarded it to him prematurely. Compare, after all, the fact that Obama’s first ranking in a major greatness poll was at #15; one must go back a half-century to Lyndon Johnson to find a president who entered the rankings at a higher number (#10), and LBJ was a well-known figure on the national stage who entered office after the national tragedy of his predecessor’s assassination. Second, scholars seem to hold Barack Obama in high regard personally, but view his skills and performance as mediocre to poor. Few think of Obama as an excellent president, while many more rate his presidency quite low, with the bulk of experts appearing to give him a passing grade but not one that would get him on the Dean’s list."
========

He is not running again.

He is on his way out.

Whether you like it or not he IS the President and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

One would think you would know why, since D's are still blaming W for all things imaginable.

Leftnutter it is best to know what the thread is about, before posting your usual partisan crap.

Damn Leftnutter, must I spell it for you?

========

He is not running again.

He is on his way out.

Damn Leftnutter, must I spell it for you?

It

Obama is arrogant, corrupt, deceptive, incompetent, and a fraud.

To say that Obama is the "Worst President Ever", is an understatement.

To be president you have to be arrogant, have to have self belief, have to be able to do lots of things.

US politics is corrupt, therefore any politician who does well is going to be corrupt.

Deception is the name of the game. Again, the whole of US politics is about deception, about spending loads of money advertising yourself to death.

Incompetent, well.... to become president you have to have certain attributes because the people want to see you perform and entertain, which probably means you're not the best person for the actual job you're being voted for. This has been the case for a long while now. However seeing as he didn't cause the biggest balls up of the century, ie, allowing Bremer to take over Iraq and fuck it up massively, It's a bit difficult to see how he's the worst, he's not the worst even in the 21st century.

A fraud. I don't understand how he could be a fraud.

Just like a typical liberal. You're not ONLY making excuses for how Obama is, but you're also downplaying the corruption that is rampant in our government by making it sound like it's a good thing to have. :cuckoo:
It's a bit difficult to see how he's the worst,

I don't understand how he could be a fraud.
The reason why is because you like so many other gullible liberals, drank the Kool-Aid. :cuckoo:

2b4474755bbc6af08539b6e9842510e2.jpg

Last edited:
more US soldiers died under obama's rule than under Bush's. If thats your criteria, Obama is much worse.

No, that isn't my criteria. My criteria is about starting things without considering the human impact.

Obama is not blameless. He went in and bombed Libya. He messed around in Egypt and supported the Arab Spring which hasn't exactly done wonders. Perhaps he thought he was doing a good thing supporting the Arab Spring. Hindsight here is a different matter. Libya I believe he did because he's a politician and wanted to not get under fire from McCain and the Republicans who were pushing for this because Libya is an OPEC country. And I can imagine enough advisers were on board too.

But it's not just about soldiers.

In Iraq more US soldiers died under Bush than Obama for obvious reasons. Bush signed the withdrawal at the end of his presidency and Obama oversaw this withdrawal. It's impossible to make comparisons here.
The number of people who died in Iraq because of Bush's ineptitude and giving the reigns to Bremer are possibly over one million. Did Bush care? Probably not. Again, under Obama this isn't an issue.

More soldiers died in Afghanistan than in Iraq. There are plenty of possibilities as to why.

Firstly when Bush was in charge, the defeat of the Taliban was quite quick, then the US moved in. The Taliban was licking its wounds. Then in 2003 the Iraqi war meant a lot of those who wanted to kill US soldiers when to Iraq. This happened, for example, with the future head of ISIS. He went to Afghanistan, then left and went to Iraq to fight there.
The Taliban picked itself up by 2005, they managed to become more guerrilla than they had been.

But in the time Bush was in power the number of troops was much lower. He didn't need those troops as much, but he didn't get rid of the Taliban either. So, things changed when the US pulled out of Iraq, then Afghanistan became the new battle ground. Obama's fault that US soldiers were dying in Afghanistan instead of Iraq?

More soldiers died under Bush than Obama

In addition, over 100,000 civilians died because of Bush's blunder

To be honest, it's not that relevant to the discussion, so it's not really worth arguing over.

To be president you have to be arrogant, have to have self belief, have to be able to do lots of things.

US politics is corrupt, therefore any politician who does well is going to be corrupt.

Deception is the name of the game. Again, the whole of US politics is about deception, about spending loads of money advertising yourself to death.

Incompetent, well.... to become president you have to have certain attributes because the people want to see you perform and entertain, which probably means you're not the best person for the actual job you're being voted for. This has been the case for a long while now. However seeing as he didn't cause the biggest balls up of the century, ie, allowing Bremer to take over Iraq and fuck it up massively, It's a bit difficult to see how he's the worst, he's not the worst even in the 21st century.

Just like a typical liberal. You're not ONLY making excuses for how Obama is, but you're also downplaying the corruption that is rampant in our government by making it sound like it's a good thing to have. :cuckoo:

The reason why is because you like so many other gullible liberals, drank the Kool-Aid. :cuckoo:

Is this a debate, or just a slagging match? I'm not interested in the latter, so, come back when you've got something worth saying.

To be honest, I have the impression you're not really understanding what I'm saying. Maybe if you spent more time trying to understand (even if you don't agree) what someone is saying, and less quick to attack people and go off topic, then you might actually learn something.

How many Republicans voted against the Iraq war?
Six?

"what difference, at this point, does it make?" The point is that both parties authorized and funded it, including both clintons.

your tired talking points are bullshit, and even you know it.

Then again, who voted for the war knowing the "intel" was fake and who voted for it believing it was real? Does that not make a difference?

they all thought it was real, no one "knew" it was wrong. and, in fact it may have been correct that Saddam sent those WMDs to Syria before anyone got there. Syria did gas some of its own people, did they use Saddam's gas? Are you sure?

Bush new it was fake. It's impossible he didn't know it was fake.

Why would you have two "intelligence" agencies, one who gives you a true picture of what is out there, another which gives a completely diddled picture which just happens to support what you need in order to get war, and you completely ignore the first and you completely go with the second?

Why weren't people being told about the intelligence that was real? Bush KNEW about the real intelligence, he ignored it. Did Congress know about the real intelligence? I'm sure some did.

Bush got some guy up in front of the Senate, some guy was all he was. He HAD worked for the Iraqi nuclear program, he'd stopped working for them in about 1991, and he left the country in 1994. So, in 2003, 9 years AFTER he'd left the country, after years of sanctions and so on, the Bush govt decided this guy would be perfect to tell Congress all about what Iraq had. How did he know what Iraq had? He hadn't been working for their nuclear program for like 12 years. The simple answer is he didn't. He played along, he had his agenda, the Bush govt had their agenda, and everyone fell for it. The guy's name was "curveball". I wonder why.

CNN.com - Pentagon's prewar intelligence role questioned - Jul 11, 2004

"Roberts cited false information on Iraq that the Bush administration had taken from a source code-named Curveball.

"Curveball really provided 98 percent of the assessment as to whether or not the Iraqis had a biological weapon," Roberts said.

"Yet the DIA, the Defense Intelligence Agency, knew of his background. He has a very troubled background."

Based on this source's claims, the administration argued that Iraq had biological weapons capability, Roberts said.

"That's the kind of flaw in intelligence and I think -- I won't say willful -- but the DIA should have shared that information with the CIA. And the CIA should have gone from there.""

So what the hell was the CIA doing?

Who knew what the CIA was doing? Bush did.

Senate Report on Pre-war Intelligence on Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Section VII of the Committee's report focuses on the intelligence behind Secretary of State Colin Powell's speech to the UN on February 5, 2003. The report describes the process whereby the CIA provided a draft of the speech to the National Security Council (NSC), and then, at the request of the NSC, worked to expand the speech with additional material, especially regarding Iraq's nuclear program. The report also describes the subsequent review made by Colin Powell and analysts from the State Department with analysts from the CIA. In the speech, Powell said that "every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we’re giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence." Despite this, the Committee concluded that "[m]uch of the information provided or cleared by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) for inclusion in Secretary Powell’s speech was overstated, misleading, or incorrect.""

So Powell lied. Whether he lied because he knew what he was saying, or whether he lied because he didn't know what was going on is neither here nor there. He didn't vote for war. He merely was part of the Executive which DID KNOW.

Backed up by sources, well, the sources were wrong.

The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion | VICE News

For example.

The CIA said:

"Iraq "probably has renovated a [vaccine] production plant" to manufacture biological weapons "but we are unable to determine whether [biological weapons] agent research has resumed." The NIE also said Hussein did not have "sufficient material" to manufacture any nuclear weapons and "the information we have on Iraqi nuclear personnel does not appear consistent with a coherent effort to reconstitute a nuclear weapons program.""

This is information that Bush was getting.

1) They didn't know if Saddam had resumed biological weapons research.
2) Could not manufacture nuclear weapons.
3) Probably (probably is one of those words which means they don't know) renovated a production plant, but they don't know.

So what did Bush say?

"But in an October 7, 2002 speech in Cincinnati, Ohio, then-President George W. Bush simply said Iraq, "possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons" and "the evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program.""

1) Saddam DOES HAVE biological AND Chemical weapons. (They didn't know)
2) There's evidence that Saddam is reconstituting his nuke program. (They knew he wasn't)
3) They are using production plants to make these weapons (but they didn't know)

I mean, seriously.

You have the CIA diddling the facts, then you have Bush diddling what the CIA is telling him. If Bush didn't know, then he was a freaking moron, but those with power within his executive, people he controlled, knew what was going on, and knew this was a lie, and that he was telling Congress porkers.

Nice cut and paste job. your computer skills are just amazing!

Now, look up what both clintons said at the time, and remember, they had exactly the same intel that Bush had.

Cut and paste? I'm making my argument. You could reply to it. If you want to make an argument about the Clintons that's relevant to what I said, go ahead, make it. You might also want to discuss what I said.

I mean, I've come back on here, and EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE who has responded to this post has merely attacked me, and ignored what I said. I wonder why! Oh, yeah, it's because you've been talking a load of crap and you know that what I've said is right. But it's not convenient for you. So you ignore it.

Playing the dumb partisan game.

No, that isn't my criteria. My criteria is about starting things without considering the human impact.

Obama is not blameless. He went in and bombed Libya. He messed around in Egypt and supported the Arab Spring which hasn't exactly done wonders. Perhaps he thought he was doing a good thing supporting the Arab Spring. Hindsight here is a different matter. Libya I believe he did because he's a politician and wanted to not get under fire from McCain and the Republicans who were pushing for this because Libya is an OPEC country. And I can imagine enough advisers were on board too.

But it's not just about soldiers.

In Iraq more US soldiers died under Bush than Obama for obvious reasons. Bush signed the withdrawal at the end of his presidency and Obama oversaw this withdrawal. It's impossible to make comparisons here.
The number of people who died in Iraq because of Bush's ineptitude and giving the reigns to Bremer are possibly over one million. Did Bush care? Probably not. Again, under Obama this isn't an issue.

More soldiers died in Afghanistan than in Iraq. There are plenty of possibilities as to why.

Firstly when Bush was in charge, the defeat of the Taliban was quite quick, then the US moved in. The Taliban was licking its wounds. Then in 2003 the Iraqi war meant a lot of those who wanted to kill US soldiers when to Iraq. This happened, for example, with the future head of ISIS. He went to Afghanistan, then left and went to Iraq to fight there.
The Taliban picked itself up by 2005, they managed to become more guerrilla than they had been.

But in the time Bush was in power the number of troops was much lower. He didn't need those troops as much, but he didn't get rid of the Taliban either. So, things changed when the US pulled out of Iraq, then Afghanistan became the new battle ground. Obama's fault that US soldiers were dying in Afghanistan instead of Iraq?

Look dude, we all agree that Iraq was a terrible waste of money and lives. WE AGREE.

What we don't agree on is your claim that Bush is solely responsible for that fiasco. To make such a claim is just ignoring history for partisan bullshit.

I do hold Bush responsible, I also hold the UN responsible, and the UK, the EU, saudi arabia, israel, and every US member of congress that voted to authorize and fund it.

Bush was the decider
Bush, as commander in chief ordered the invasion, he was under no obligation to do so

Bush was responsible

So lets make sure we understand. You are saying the a president is responsible for whatever happens during his administration. Is that right?

A Commander in Chief is responsible for his specific order to invade

In Bush's case he got to celebrate with a landing on an Aircraft Carrier to declare Mission Accomplished, Seems he was willing to take credit when the war looked good. Once the war soured, Republicans are looking to blame the Democrats for not stopping them

The next time Bush runs for something you can use that against him.

Shall we discuss the mistakes made by other historical presidents? How many innocents the Truman murder? How many women did Kennedy screw in the whitehouse? Why did the Kennedys murder Marilyn Monroe?

WTF is it with you libs and your obsession with Bush? Is it because all of your candidates are profound losers?

What's the obsession with Bush?

Perhaps he sent too many people to their deaths in an immoral war, he caused the world to be more unstable, the economy to collapse. I mean, ISN'T THAT ENOUGH? (he did more than that, but hey).

I didn't see Bush invite any Democrats to stand under the "Mission Accomplished" banner

mission_accomplished_bush.jpg

But once the war went to shit, the Republican position has changed to "It was a joint decision by Democrats and Republicans"

the banner had to do with the mission of that ship and was put up by the ship, not Bush.

But the facts refute your argument. both parties authorized and funded it. Yes, Bush is responsible, but so is every member of congress who voted for it, so is the UN, so is UK.

Your obsession with Bush has become a sickness. Denigrating him does not purge the kenyan messiah of being the worst president in history.

Oh...I forgot

It was just a "coincidence" that Bush happened to give his speech under that banner
It was just a "coincidence" that Bush never mentioned the carrier in his speech
And a "coincidence" that the White House prepared that banner

I don't see the word "coincidence" anywhere in my post, could you point them out to me?

I would like to see your proof that the white house prepared the banner that the ship displayed.

Oh, I forgot, libs don't have to prove their claims.

CNN.com - White House pressed on 'mission accomplished' sign - Oct. 29, 2003

Navy and administration sources said that though the banner was the Navy's idea, the White House actually made it.
Bush offered the explanation after being asked whether his speech declaring an end to major combat in Iraq under the "Mission Accomplished" banner was premature, given that U.S. casualties in Iraq since then have surpassed those before it.
During the speech in May, Bush said, "The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September 11, 2001, and still goes on."

The invasion of Iraq was not part of the war on terror, it was W's vendetta against Saddam.

I wasn't part of the "War on Terror", it was part of the "War on OPEC".

Ask about the awful things Obama was supposed to have done and Republicans come up with the most bizarre stuff. Even worse than the scandals they invented for Hillary.

Historians agree overwhelmingly that President Obama is the worse President in history:

Most Presidential Experts Agree: Obama is Worst President In History | Wizbang

While I am certainly not a historian, I certainly agree that on both the home front and on foreign policy, history will indeed record Obama as the worse President ever.

Obviously george bush was way worse. He was handed peace time and a balanced budget. He turned that into two pointless wars and deficit spending. While I'm no huge fan of obama when was the last time a president was handed huge debt, 2 wars, and a bad economy? Given all those things he could be doing much worse.

Historians agree overwhelmingly that President Obama is the worse President in history:

While I am certainly not a historian, I certainly agree that on both the home front and on foreign policy, history will indeed record Obama as the worse President ever.

Obviously george bush was way worse. He was handed peace time and a balanced budget. He turned that into two pointless wars and deficit spending. While I'm no huge fan of obama when was the last time a president was handed huge debt, 2 wars, and a bad economy? Given all those things he could be doing much worse.

Yes, we are now involved in Syria as well.

Yes, we are now involved in Syria as well.

In a limited fashion.

Ask about the awful things Obama was supposed to have done and Republicans come up with the most bizarre stuff. Even worse than the scandals they invented for Hillary.

Yes, you got us there. Some of us believe these reports about the Clintons and the alleged scandals. We just fall for them hook, line and sinker. Maybe we should just listen to you guys and the mainstream media instead.

Hillary Clinton's fifteen biggest scandals

By Sarah Westwood (@sarahcwestwood) • 6/13/15 12:01 AM

Hillary Clinton is set to launch her presidential campaign for the second time Saturday in New York amid a barrage of criticism that has marred her first weeks on the trail.

The Clintons have been no stranger to scandals, some dating back to when Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas. But there are many scandals that originated in Hillary Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.

The following 15 scandals are just a few to keep in mind as she launches her presidential campaign.

Boeing bucks

Boeing gave generously to the Clinton Foundation after Hillary Clinton personally intervened on its behalf to secure a lucrative contract with the Russian government.

The secretary of state made what she called a "shameless pitch" to the state-owned Russian carrier Rosavia in October 2009.

Russia struck a multi-billion dollar deal with Boeing in June 2010, after which the aerospace conglomerate cut a $900,000 check to the Clinton Foundation.

Speaker fees

Bill Clinton doubled the amount of money he earned from speaking engagements funded by foreign entities while his wife served as secretary of state.

The spike in foreign groups that became interested in hosting the former president raised questions as to whether their invitations were made in an effort to curry favor with the secretary of state.

For example, Bill Clinton earned $2.2 million from just six international speeches in 2014, but reportedly made $4.8 million from 13 speeches in foreign countries in 2010

Uranium One

Hillary Clinton's role in approving a contentious uranium contract emerged in Peter Schweizer's May book Clinton Cash.

In the deal, a state-owned Russian energy agency took over a Canadian company, Uranium One, that controlled such a large stake in America's uranium deposits that the transaction required approval from Hillary Clinton and other cabinet-level officials.

Frank Giustra, a top Clinton Foundation donor and close friend of the former president, served as a financial adviser to Uranium One as the deal unfolded.

The charity failed to disclose other significant donations from individuals and entities involved in the transaction, including the $2.35 million Uranium One chair Ian Telfer funneled to the charity through another foundation under his control.

Airbrushing IG reports

The State Department's acting inspector general, Harold Geisel, appears to have removed damaging passages from a report before publishing it in February 2013.

References to specific cases in which high-level State officials halted internal investigations and descriptions of the extent and frequency of those interventions appear in several early drafts but were later eliminated, the Washington Examiner reported Tuesday.

The unexplained gaps between the reports call into question Geisel's independence as an interim inspector general.

Among the passages removed was an allegation that diplomatic security staff had covered up the solicitation of prostitutes by Hillary Clinton's security team on official travel and that higher-ups had shielded an official with an alleged history of sexual assault from being investigated for attacking embassy staff.

Blumenthal's back

Hillary Clinton's reliance on an informal adviser whom she called an "old friend" sparked controversy when her published emails revealed him to be her main source of intelligence in the run-up to Benghazi.

Sidney Blumenthal's brutal campaign against then-Sen. Barack Obama in the 2008 Democratic primary made him an enemy of the administration even after Hillary Clinton was selected to join Obama's cabinet. Her attempts to hire Blumenthal were reportedly nixed by Obama's staff.

Blumenthal's ties to a group of businessmen who were attempting to drum up contracts in the Libya — with the help of the State Department — raise questions about the motives behind the intelligence memos he sent Hillary Clinton.

Boko Haram

The State Department has ignored a lawsuit over its failure to comply with a FOIA request for records pertaining to a Nigerian businessman.

Gilbert Chagoury, who gave between $1 million and $5 million to the Clinton Foundation, was indicted in the Halliburton bribery scandal in 2010 alongside his brother. Chagoury is reportedly a close friend of Bill Clinton who spent time traveling with the former president through Europe.

Citizens United, a conservative nonprofit, sued the State Department after the agency stonewalled its request for records that would determine whether Hillary Clinton's refusal to place Boko Haram on the terrorist watch list had anything to do with Chagoury's support

Ambassadors investigated

Patrick Kennedy, the State Department's undersecretary for management, allegedly stopped investigators from looking into whether an ambassador accused of soliciting "sexual favors" from "minor children" had committed a crime on Hillary Clinton's watch, the Washington Examiner reported Thursday.

An inspector general report published late last year concluded the Belgian ambassador had been summoned to Washington for a meeting with Kennedy, where the undersecretary permitted him to return to his post after the ambassador simply denied the charges in an interview.

Kennedy told the inspector general he didn't open a criminal investigation because "solicitation of a prostitute ... was not a crime in the host country."

However, in testimony at the trial of Chelsea Manning more than a year earlier, Kennedy had told defense attorneys that their suggestion of his role in a cover-up of the Belgian ambassador scandal was "entirely false."

Security struggles

An internal inspector general memo revealed allegations that at least five members of Hillary Clinton's security detail solicited prostitutes in a number of countries while on official travel, including on trips to Russia and Colombia.

A diplomatic security guard was allowed to continue his oversight of Clinton's hotel security operations after allegedly soliciting prostitutes in Moscow "despite obvious counterintelligence questions," the memo said.

According to the document, a top official in the bureau of diplomatic security "reportedly told [an investigator] to shut down the four investigations" into the accused security guards, three of whom received suspensions that lasted just one day.

Hidden Iran waivers

The State Department has denied the existence of waivers granted to certain companies that would allow them to conduct business in Iran despite international sanctions against doing so.

But the waivers have surfaced in a number of reports, including Schweizer's book and an article earlier this month by the Washington Times.

Agency officials claimed they had searched 11 different offices within the State Department and had failed to turn up any documents related to the Iran waivers.

Sweden was among the countries working to convince Hillary Clinton not to impose harsh sanctions against Iran ahead of high-stakes nuclear negotiations.

Meanwhile, Bill Clinton established a separate arm of the Clinton Foundation in Sweden just as his wife was shoring up support for sanctions against Iran, the Times reported.

When the U.S. government released the sanctions list in 2011 and 2012, it included no Swedish companies.

Norway's new embassy

The government of Norway donated between $10 million and $25 million to the Clinton Foundation and was seemingly rewarded when the State Department shelled out $177.9 million for a new embassy in Oslo in 2011.

The agency forged ahead with plans to build the complex over the objections of diplomatic officials in Norway, who suggested the money be spent to strengthen embassies and consulates in countries that faced a higher terror risk.

A leaked diplomatic cable sent to Hillary Clinton in July 2009 shows plans for the embassy project, which were developed before she arrived at the agency, had been pushed from 2011 to 2020 to free up funding.

The cable mentions Patrick Kennedy, State's undersecretary for management, as a major force in pushing the embassy project forward.

Huma's side gigs

Huma Abedin, a longtime aide and present campaign staffer for Hillary Clinton, somehow managed to secure a rare designation as a special government employee in 2012, which allowed her to collect paychecks from Teneo Strategies and the Clinton Foundation, even as she received the $135,000 salary she drew from taxpayers as Hillary's deputy chief of staff.

Teneo Strategies is a controversial consulting firm founded by a close personal friend of Bill Clinton's. The former president served as a paid adviser to the company.

Abedin reportedly housed her communications on the same private server that shielded Hillary Clinton's records from the public during that same time period.

The State Department inspector general launched an investigation into Abedin's employment status in April.

Charity, Clinton-style

A charity watchdog claimed the Clinton Foundation tried to "strong-arm" its employees after the group placed the foundation on a watch list for philanthropies with potential problems.

The watchdog group claimed Hillary Clinton's family charity had an "atypical business model" that required further review. The Clinton Foundation will stay on the list for a minimum of six months.

The group said staffers at the Clinton Foundation attempted to receive special treatment when they learned the massive philanthropy was about to be placed on the list.

Filling up at Chevron

Chevron Corporation had been embroiled in a legal battle over allegations that it polluted a stretch of Ecuador's rainforest with toxic waste for years before Hillary Clinton joined the State Department.

But the oil conglomerate, which stood to lose billions of dollars from the lawsuit, funneled generous donations to the Clinton Foundation and a political pet project of Hillary Clinton's while it lobbied the State Department to intervene in the case on its behalf.

Chevron executives have participated in Clinton Global Initiative events that placed them on the stage with Clinton insiders such as George Stephanopoulos.

Chevron's CEO even made a personal appeal to Hillary Clinton at a State Department dinner in 2012.

The company's chief executive "took the opportunity to express our concerns about developments in the Chevron Ecuador litigation" to Hillary Clinton at the banquet, emails obtained through the Freedom of Information Act show.

While a Chevron spokesperson denied a link between the donations and the environmental lawsuit, the corporation scored a major victory in the case last year when a Clinton-appointed judge in New York blocked the enforcement of a multi-billion dollar ruling against the oil company in the U.S.

Congo cash

As a New York senator, Hillary Clinton championed a law that would have cracked down on the illicit mineral trade in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. However, as secretary of state, Hillary Clinton seemingly flouted that law in favor of foundation donors that had financial stakes in the mineral industry.

The head of a Canadian company with an enormous interest in the Congo's mining and oil sector, Lukas Lundin of Lundin Mining, announced a $100 million donation to the Clinton Foundation on the heels of Clinton's first presidential campaign, according to Schweizer.

After the Congolese government attempted to regain control of its own mines, the State Department intervened on behalf of Lundin Mining and another mining company, Freeport, that also happened to be a foundation donor.

A round of talks in 2010, thought to be aided by the Clinton State Department, concluded with the pair of well-connected companies retaining their stakes in the mines and with the Congolese government being shut out of its own resources.

Pulling a Belfast one

Hillary Clinton's final official trip as secretary of state highlighted conflicts of interest between her diplomatic post, the Clinton Foundation and Teneo Strategies.

The former secretary of state traveled to Belfast to claim an award from a major foundation donor at an event that was promoted by Teneo, the Washington Examiner reported last month.

Bill Clinton once served as a paid adviser to Teneo, which was co-founded by one of his top former aides.

The trip raised questions about whether Abedin, as the aide in charge of arranging the secretary's schedule, steered Hillary Clinton to the event in a move that would have undoubtedly benefited her other employer, Teneo.

Yes, you got us there. Some of us believe these reports about the Clintons and the alleged scandals. We just fall for them hook, line and sinker. Maybe we should just listen to you guys and the mainstream media instead.

Hillary Clinton is set to launch her presidential campaign for the second time Saturday in New York amid a barrage of criticism that has marred her first weeks on the trail.

The Clintons have been no stranger to scandals, some dating back to when Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas. But there are many scandals that originated in Hillary Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.

The following 15 scandals are just a few to keep in mind as she launches her presidential campaign.

Boeing bucks

Boeing gave generously to the Clinton Foundation after Hillary Clinton personally intervened on its behalf to secure a lucrative contract with the Russian government.

The secretary of state made what she called a "shameless pitch" to the state-owned Russian carrier Rosavia in October 2009.

Russia struck a multi-billion dollar deal with Boeing in June 2010, after which the aerospace conglomerate cut a $900,000 check to the Clinton Foundation.

Speaker fees

Bill Clinton doubled the amount of money he earned from speaking engagements funded by foreign entities while his wife served as secretary of state.

The spike in foreign groups that became interested in hosting the former president raised questions as to whether their invitations were made in an effort to curry favor with the secretary of state.

For example, Bill Clinton earned $2.2 million from just six international speeches in 2014, but reportedly made $4.8 million from 13 speeches in foreign countries in 2010

Uranium One

Hillary Clinton's role in approving a contentious uranium contract emerged in Peter Schweizer's May book Clinton Cash.

In the deal, a state-owned Russian energy agency took over a Canadian company, Uranium One, that controlled such a large stake in America's uranium deposits that the transaction required approval from Hillary Clinton and other cabinet-level officials.

Frank Giustra, a top Clinton Foundation donor and close friend of the former president, served as a financial adviser to Uranium One as the deal unfolded.

The charity failed to disclose other significant donations from individuals and entities involved in the transaction, including the $2.35 million Uranium One chair Ian Telfer funneled to the charity through another foundation under his control.

Airbrushing IG reports

The State Department's acting inspector general, Harold Geisel, appears to have removed damaging passages from a report before publishing it in February 2013.

References to specific cases in which high-level State officials halted internal investigations and descriptions of the extent and frequency of those interventions appear in several early drafts but were later eliminated, the Washington Examiner reported Tuesday.

The unexplained gaps between the reports call into question Geisel's independence as an interim inspector general.

Among the passages removed was an allegation that diplomatic security staff had covered up the solicitation of prostitutes by Hillary Clinton's security team on official travel and that higher-ups had shielded an official with an alleged history of sexual assault from being investigated for attacking embassy staff.

Blumenthal's back

Hillary Clinton's reliance on an informal adviser whom she called an "old friend" sparked controversy when her published emails revealed him to be her main source of intelligence in the run-up to Benghazi.

Sidney Blumenthal's brutal campaign against then-Sen. Barack Obama in the 2008 Democratic primary made him an enemy of the administration even after Hillary Clinton was selected to join Obama's cabinet. Her attempts to hire Blumenthal were reportedly nixed by Obama's staff.

Blumenthal's ties to a group of businessmen who were attempting to drum up contracts in the Libya — with the help of the State Department — raise questions about the motives behind the intelligence memos he sent Hillary Clinton.

Boko Haram

The State Department has ignored a lawsuit over its failure to comply with a FOIA request for records pertaining to a Nigerian businessman.

Gilbert Chagoury, who gave between $1 million and $5 million to the Clinton Foundation, was indicted in the Halliburton bribery scandal in 2010 alongside his brother. Chagoury is reportedly a close friend of Bill Clinton who spent time traveling with the former president through Europe.

Citizens United, a conservative nonprofit, sued the State Department after the agency stonewalled its request for records that would determine whether Hillary Clinton's refusal to place Boko Haram on the terrorist watch list had anything to do with Chagoury's support

Ambassadors investigated

Patrick Kennedy, the State Department's undersecretary for management, allegedly stopped investigators from looking into whether an ambassador accused of soliciting "sexual favors" from "minor children" had committed a crime on Hillary Clinton's watch, the Washington Examiner reported Thursday.

An inspector general report published late last year concluded the Belgian ambassador had been summoned to Washington for a meeting with Kennedy, where the undersecretary permitted him to return to his post after the ambassador simply denied the charges in an interview.

Kennedy told the inspector general he didn't open a criminal investigation because "solicitation of a prostitute ... was not a crime in the host country."

However, in testimony at the trial of Chelsea Manning more than a year earlier, Kennedy had told defense attorneys that their suggestion of his role in a cover-up of the Belgian ambassador scandal was "entirely false."

Security struggles

An internal inspector general memo revealed allegations that at least five members of Hillary Clinton's security detail solicited prostitutes in a number of countries while on official travel, including on trips to Russia and Colombia.

A diplomatic security guard was allowed to continue his oversight of Clinton's hotel security operations after allegedly soliciting prostitutes in Moscow "despite obvious counterintelligence questions," the memo said.

According to the document, a top official in the bureau of diplomatic security "reportedly told [an investigator] to shut down the four investigations" into the accused security guards, three of whom received suspensions that lasted just one day.

Hidden Iran waivers

The State Department has denied the existence of waivers granted to certain companies that would allow them to conduct business in Iran despite international sanctions against doing so.

But the waivers have surfaced in a number of reports, including Schweizer's book and an article earlier this month by the Washington Times.

Agency officials claimed they had searched 11 different offices within the State Department and had failed to turn up any documents related to the Iran waivers.

Sweden was among the countries working to convince Hillary Clinton not to impose harsh sanctions against Iran ahead of high-stakes nuclear negotiations.

Meanwhile, Bill Clinton established a separate arm of the Clinton Foundation in Sweden just as his wife was shoring up support for sanctions against Iran, the Times reported.

When the U.S. government released the sanctions list in 2011 and 2012, it included no Swedish companies.

Norway's new embassy

The government of Norway donated between $10 million and $25 million to the Clinton Foundation and was seemingly rewarded when the State Department shelled out $177.9 million for a new embassy in Oslo in 2011.

The agency forged ahead with plans to build the complex over the objections of diplomatic officials in Norway, who suggested the money be spent to strengthen embassies and consulates in countries that faced a higher terror risk.

A leaked diplomatic cable sent to Hillary Clinton in July 2009 shows plans for the embassy project, which were developed before she arrived at the agency, had been pushed from 2011 to 2020 to free up funding.

The cable mentions Patrick Kennedy, State's undersecretary for management, as a major force in pushing the embassy project forward.

Huma's side gigs

Huma Abedin, a longtime aide and present campaign staffer for Hillary Clinton, somehow managed to secure a rare designation as a special government employee in 2012, which allowed her to collect paychecks from Teneo Strategies and the Clinton Foundation, even as she received the $135,000 salary she drew from taxpayers as Hillary's deputy chief of staff.

Teneo Strategies is a controversial consulting firm founded by a close personal friend of Bill Clinton's. The former president served as a paid adviser to the company.

Abedin reportedly housed her communications on the same private server that shielded Hillary Clinton's records from the public during that same time period.

The State Department inspector general launched an investigation into Abedin's employment status in April.

Charity, Clinton-style

A charity watchdog claimed the Clinton Foundation tried to "strong-arm" its employees after the group placed the foundation on a watch list for philanthropies with potential problems.

The watchdog group claimed Hillary Clinton's family charity had an "atypical business model" that required further review. The Clinton Foundation will stay on the list for a minimum of six months.

The group said staffers at the Clinton Foundation attempted to receive special treatment when they learned the massive philanthropy was about to be placed on the list.

Filling up at Chevron

Chevron Corporation had been embroiled in a legal battle over allegations that it polluted a stretch of Ecuador's rainforest with toxic waste for years before Hillary Clinton joined the State Department.

But the oil conglomerate, which stood to lose billions of dollars from the lawsuit, funneled generous donations to the Clinton Foundation and a political pet project of Hillary Clinton's while it lobbied the State Department to intervene in the case on its behalf.

Chevron executives have participated in Clinton Global Initiative events that placed them on the stage with Clinton insiders such as George Stephanopoulos.

Chevron's CEO even made a personal appeal to Hillary Clinton at a State Department dinner in 2012.

The company's chief executive "took the opportunity to express our concerns about developments in the Chevron Ecuador litigation" to Hillary Clinton at the banquet, emails obtained through the Freedom of Information Act show.

While a Chevron spokesperson denied a link between the donations and the environmental lawsuit, the corporation scored a major victory in the case last year when a Clinton-appointed judge in New York blocked the enforcement of a multi-billion dollar ruling against the oil company in the U.S.

Congo cash

As a New York senator, Hillary Clinton championed a law that would have cracked down on the illicit mineral trade in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. However, as secretary of state, Hillary Clinton seemingly flouted that law in favor of foundation donors that had financial stakes in the mineral industry.

The head of a Canadian company with an enormous interest in the Congo's mining and oil sector, Lukas Lundin of Lundin Mining, announced a $100 million donation to the Clinton Foundation on the heels of Clinton's first presidential campaign, according to Schweizer.

After the Congolese government attempted to regain control of its own mines, the State Department intervened on behalf of Lundin Mining and another mining company, Freeport, that also happened to be a foundation donor.

A round of talks in 2010, thought to be aided by the Clinton State Department, concluded with the pair of well-connected companies retaining their stakes in the mines and with the Congolese government being shut out of its own resources.

Pulling a Belfast one

Hillary Clinton's final official trip as secretary of state highlighted conflicts of interest between her diplomatic post, the Clinton Foundation and Teneo Strategies.

The former secretary of state traveled to Belfast to claim an award from a major foundation donor at an event that was promoted by Teneo, the Washington Examiner reported last month.

Bill Clinton once served as a paid adviser to Teneo, which was co-founded by one of his top former aides.

The trip raised questions about whether Abedin, as the aide in charge of arranging the secretary's schedule, steered Hillary Clinton to the event in a move that would have undoubtedly benefited her other employer, Teneo.

did you notice how all the dem/libs left rather than deal with your accurate posting of facts regarding HRC?

Boeing bucks

Speaker fees

Uranium One

Airbrushing IG reports

Blumenthal's back

Boko Haram

Ambassadors investigated

Security struggles

Hidden Iran waivers

Norway's new embassy

Huma's side gigs

Charity, Clinton-style

Filling up at Chevron

Congo cash

Pulling a Belfast one

did you notice how all the dem/libs left rather than deal with your accurate posting of facts regarding HRC?

Those seem really weak compared to starting two pointless wars and all the dead bodies associated with it.

Boeing bucks

Speaker fees

Uranium One

Airbrushing IG reports

Blumenthal's back

Boko Haram

Ambassadors investigated

Security struggles

Hidden Iran waivers

Norway's new embassy

Huma's side gigs

Charity, Clinton-style

Filling up at Chevron

Congo cash

Pulling a Belfast one

I guess I noticed. But that hardly bothers me or others. What the crime is is that the mainstream media "left." They report oh-so-begrudgingly news against Obama or the Clintons or the Administration when it is huge. But they bury it as soon as they can a day or two or week later --- as though it is really "no big deal." Unbelievable.

Boeing bucks

Speaker fees

Uranium One

Airbrushing IG reports

Blumenthal's back

Boko Haram

Ambassadors investigated

Security struggles

Hidden Iran waivers

Norway's new embassy

Huma's side gigs

Charity, Clinton-style

Filling up at Chevron

Congo cash

Pulling a Belfast one

Those seem really weak compared to starting two pointless wars and all the dead bodies associated with it.

Is that your way of excusing the LEFT MEDIA from being the least bit honest? So it's Ok to cover up scandals and the courts to do the same? And it's ok for congress to be a bunch of self serving wimps? Not with me.

I also am curious why the democrats in congress, and Hillary, kept voting for and funding those pointless wars? I guess they are self serving cowards, too.

Boeing bucks

Speaker fees

Uranium One

Airbrushing IG reports

Blumenthal's back

Boko Haram

Ambassadors investigated

Security struggles

Hidden Iran waivers

Norway's new embassy

Huma's side gigs

Charity, Clinton-style

Filling up at Chevron

Congo cash

Pulling a Belfast one

Is that your way of excusing the LEFT MEDIA from being the least bit honest? So it's Ok to cover up scandals and the courts to do the same? And it's ok for congress to be a bunch of self serving wimps? Not with me.

I also am curious why the democrats in congress, and Hillary, kept voting for and funding those pointless wars? I guess they are self serving cowards, too.
Well they are all politicians.

Forum List

Back