Obamacare failing big.

Cool. Some right-wing hack of a doctor tweeting anti-gov't bs. I guess that's the end of Obamacare :rolleyes:

This isn't a good sign:

United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers International President Kinsey M. Robinson issued the following statement today calling for a repeal or complete reform of President Obama’s Affordable Care Act (ACA):

“Our Union and its members have supported President Obama and his Administration for both of his terms in office.

But regrettably, our concerns over certain provisions in the ACA have not been addressed, or in some instances, totally ignored. In the rush to achieve its passage, many of the Act’s provisions were not fully conceived, resulting in unintended consequences that are inconsistent with the promise that those who were satisfied with their employer sponsored coverage could keep it.

These provisions jeopardize our multi-employer health plans, have the potential to cause a loss of work for our members, create an unfair bidding advantage for those contractors who do not provide health coverage to their workers, and in the worst case, may cause our members and their families to lose the benefits they currently enjoy as participants in multi-employer health plans.

For decades, our multi-employer health and welfare plans have provided the necessary medical coverage for our members and their families to protect them in times of illness and medical needs. This collaboration between labor and management has been a model of success that should be emulated rather than ignored. I refuse to remain silent, or idly watch as the ACA destroys those protections.

I am therefore calling for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act to protect our employers, our industry, and our most important asset: our members and their families.”

Roofers union calls for Obamacare?s repeal | WashingtonExaminer.com

Cool. Some right-wing hack of a doctor tweeting anti-gov't bs. I guess that's the end of Obamacare :rolleyes:
Kind of like obamaturd spewing anti-American lies and policies. Obamacare is a lie and pure bullshit from a shit for a potus.

This isn't a good sign:

United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers International President Kinsey M. Robinson issued the following statement today calling for a repeal or complete reform of President Obama’s Affordable Care Act (ACA):

“Our Union and its members have supported President Obama and his Administration for both of his terms in office.

But regrettably, our concerns over certain provisions in the ACA have not been addressed, or in some instances, totally ignored. In the rush to achieve its passage, many of the Act’s provisions were not fully conceived, resulting in unintended consequences that are inconsistent with the promise that those who were satisfied with their employer sponsored coverage could keep it.

These provisions jeopardize our multi-employer health plans, have the potential to cause a loss of work for our members, create an unfair bidding advantage for those contractors who do not provide health coverage to their workers, and in the worst case, may cause our members and their families to lose the benefits they currently enjoy as participants in multi-employer health plans.

For decades, our multi-employer health and welfare plans have provided the necessary medical coverage for our members and their families to protect them in times of illness and medical needs. This collaboration between labor and management has been a model of success that should be emulated rather than ignored. I refuse to remain silent, or idly watch as the ACA destroys those protections.

I am therefore calling for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act to protect our employers, our industry, and our most important asset: our members and their families.”

Roofers union calls for Obamacare?s repeal | WashingtonExaminer.com

All of the sudden those Union plans looked a lot better before the ACA moved in. Be careful what you vote for Union workers... You just might get it. :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, the costs of premiums were promised to go down, they didn't. This law costs more than originally stated, and numerous states are opting for waivers. I guess that is the end of Obamacare.

Actually, the costs of premiums were promised to go down, they didn't. This law costs more than originally stated, and numerous states are opting for waivers. I guess that is the end of Obamacare.
Obamaturd flat out lied and libtards still defend the prick. Idiots.

Dr. Kristin Held, a San Antonio-based opthamologist, is live-tweeting the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Government Relations session. The conference is being held this weekend in San Francisco.

The topic of the Government Relations session is complying with and implementing Obamacare. Dr. Held doesn’t like what’s she’s hearing, and she’s not the only one. Indeed, almost all the doctors have walked out of the meeting.

the name, Affordable Care Act - couldn't possibly be the doctors concern ?

... almost all the doctors have walked out of the meeting.

and those who stayed will be allowed to vote in the affirmative to maintaining price stability .... the goal of the Act.

The latest projections actually have it being marginally cheaper than the 2010 projections.

44008-land-figure1.png

Of course, that's nothing next to the hundreds of billions of dollars that have melted off the expected costs of Medicare and Medicaid since 2009/10 due to the slowdown in health care cost growth. Those savings alone are enough to pay for most of the law's new spending in the first decade.

Those doctors were right to walk out because in 2014 everyone might have coverage but they still won't be able to afford to get healthcare due to increases in out of pocket expenses. The slowdown in healthcare cost growth for 2009/10 was due to people not being able to afford healthcare.

The ACA is designed to line the insurance companies profit margin only. They don't care that no one will have any disposable income that is necessary to keep the economy going, they want your premium dollars.

So would you count this guy as a "right-wing" HACK... known as the major force behind Obamacare???
Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) said Wednesday he fears a "train wreck" as the Obama administration implements its signature healthcare law.

He pressed Sebelius to explain how her department will overcome entrenched misunderstandings about what the healthcare law does.
"Small businesses have no idea what to do, what to expect," Baucus said.
Citing anecdotal evidence from small businesses in his home state, Baucus asked Sebelius for specifics about how it is measuring public understanding of the law.
She said the Health and Human Services Department has a "campaign and a plan to lead up to open enrollment."

"What is it? The campaign and the plan?" Baucus interrupted.

"Well, Mr. Chairman, as we have discussed, there will be people on the ground, starting this summer."

"How many?" Baucus asked.

"Um, I can't tell you at this point."

"At what point in the summer?"

"Um..."

"Geographically, what states? This is the kind of information I'm asking for," Baucus said. "You're only going to be able to do a decent job if you know the answer to these questions."

A few minutes earlier, Baucus told Sebelius that small business owners have no idea what to expect from Obamacare.

"You need data. Do you have any data? You've never given me data. You only give me concepts, frankly," he said.
Sebelius said in response that the administration is not independently monitoring public awareness of specific provisions but will be embarking on an education campaign beginning this summer.

Baucus warns of 'huge train wreck' enacting ObamaCare provisions - The Hill's Healthwatch

The BIGGEST standout issue that EVERYONE seems to ignore that was the MAJOR REASON For Obamacare..
46 million uninsured IS AN OUT AND OUT LIE!!!
10 million are not citizens.
14 million ARE ALREADY covered by medicaid
18 million pay their own health services out of pocket are under 34 and make over $50k and don't need their employers health plans!
42 million of the 46 million are covered, or not eligible or don't want leaves 4 million !

Failure, hmmm? Could be that since health care increases are at an annual average of 2% this year (far below the average of the past 30 years), some of the more heinous practitioners of medical care are getting out. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The latest projections actually have it being marginally cheaper than the 2010 projections.

44008-land-figure1.png

Of course, that's nothing next to the hundreds of billions of dollars that have melted off the expected costs of Medicare and Medicaid since 2009/10 due to the slowdown in health care cost growth. Those savings alone are enough to pay for most of the law's new spending in the first decade.

Maybe the CBO and you should ask the "EXPERTS" that calculate the private insurance premiums.. known as "actuaries"???

THEY calculated and the updating of rate charts,sales material etc.. and this is what the actuaries..."experts" have said will happen:
A nationwide study conducted by Milliman Inc. for the Society of Actuaries found that nationwide the premiums in the individual market would increase from 8 to 37 percent in 2014 with a cumulative increase of as much as 122 percent between 2013 and 2017!!!

Take the time like I did download from the Society of Actuaries SOA - Society of Actuaries - Design and Implementation Considerations of ACA Risk Mitigation Programs and see health insurance premiums will increase 122%!

I'm not saying it.. the actuaries are saying that when Obama said During his first campaign for the presidency in 2008,
the president promised that his health reform plan would “bring down premiums by $2,500 for the typical family” by the end of his first term.
In reality???

Initially, health reforms were projected to save families over $2,500, but more recent studies by the CBO estimate such premiums costing more than $1,500 above what they otherwise would have.
How Obamacare Will Hurt Tax Payers and Stop the Economic Recovery

The actual figures, though, do not support those figures.

Ask yourself who is paying the actuaries?

Anyone who thinks the ACA is going to be cheaper or better is an idiot.

Nothing the Govt sticks its big fat nose in is cheaper or better.

We'll all certainly find out now won't we.

Forum List

Back