Obamacare lead story on CNN

Exactly, specifically, how are Republicans sabotaging Obamacare?

On sabotage specifically:

1. Constant falsehood spreading about the law, undermining public support.

2. Suing to repeal compulsory Medicaid expansion in states
ebjttwjuf0zjsvv0f0oq.jpg

3. Suing cost sharing provisions
GOP Blocks ObamaCare Cost Sharing for 7 Million in Courts - Obamacare Facts

4. Getting rid of Independent Payment Advisory Board law has setup.

etc. etc. etc.

Here is the comprehensive timetable through 2014

https://thinkprogress.org/blow-by-b...tle-to-kill-obamacare-5dd069a5518a#.tzxof85u3

How are those alone causing the cost to escalate?

The biggest reason it is escalating is that there are far more people who are sicker than what Obama predicted. Plus when given something for free people tend to over use it. Of course those obvious answers you don't want to hear.

No one said those alone are causing increased costs, stop making things up.

And what over-use? How do you over-use health insurance? Break your leg on purpose? Go for extra check ups? Lol.

There were people that held off getting treated due to lack of insurance. Obamacare allowing them to get covered seemed to have released some of pent up demand for healthcare. But if that's true the effect should be temporary and insurance companies that stick it out now will be over-performing a few years from now.

If it went to a popular vote it would never pass…
I'm not talking about a popular vote for the ACA. We vote for our Reps... our Reps propose and vote for laws. PoliSci 101
That's obvious, I'm just saying most Americans would not vote for such a thing... lol

And how would you know that?...lol

How would you know what "most Americans" would vote for if they took some time to familiarize themselves with the law, what it does and why?
Obamacare is fraudulent

Rustic is retarded.
Obamacare does not encourage preventive behavior...

CNN morning show spent some time on Obamacare price increases and had views from both sides. Alisyn Camerota is part of the CNN morning show and used to work for FoxNews. She's awesome. Seems to call it straight down the middle. Fox lost a good one.

Just look at that. That's the confirmation of the bait-and-switch I warned about right there.

Look at those words. "...slowdown in healthcare SPENDING INCREASES..."

In other words, costs are still climbing. The liberals couch the increases in a lot of smoke. And like it or not, ObamaCare was front loaded with tax increases for four years before it launched the subsidies.

What we are seeing now are the real time costs. And they are catastrophic. And for the states, they will get even more catastrophic in 2019.

During the ObamaCare debates before its passage, one of the chief arguments made by the pro-Obamacare rubes was that we have the highest per capita spending on healthcare in the developed world.

It was heavily implied that health care costs would GO DOWN. It was NEVER said there would be a "slowdown in spending increases".

This has been one of the biggest boondoggle bait-and-switch cons ever pulled on the American people. If you read the ACA, it is screamingly obvious this was all a con.

For instance, employer-sponsored health insurance is one of the biggest drivers of increased costs. So what does ObamaCare do? It MORE DEEPLY EMBEDS IT. It was a huge gift to labor unions, a key component of Obama's base.

That right there tells you this had NOTHING to do with reducing healthcare spending.

The Dems are literally blaming the Republicans for Obamacare failing. Not one Republican in Congress voted for Obamacare. You just can't make this crap up.

The Pubs unanimously voted against the bill, but its failure is their fault?

Huh?

If it worked, would they get credit?
They and their crony insurers are sabotaging it....

Exactly, specifically, how are Republicans sabotaging Obamacare? Obama and the SCOTUS changes the law at will so I don't see how anyone but them can receive blame for what is happening.
A) Not allowing Medicaid in red states.
B) Mainly no exchanges in red states, colluding with insurers to stay out of competition. Transparency not their talent.
C) Nonstop fear mongering bs propaganda
gop sabotage of o-care - Google Search

How does any of those cause the price to increase?

How about how the drug companies made a deal with Obama for their support? Think that might have more of an effect? Having medicaid just shifts the cost it doesn't improve service nor reduce cost. Besides, medicaid is in all states. What you mean is they didn't let more onto medicaid so the states would have to pay.
THE COST RISE CURVE CONTINUES TO BEND DOWN AS PROMISED...Also as promised, ACA will have to be worked on forever. Competition will bring down Big Health costs, but more needs to be done.

ebjttwjuf0zjsvv0f0oq.jpg

etc. etc. etc.

https://thinkprogress.org/blow-by-b...tle-to-kill-obamacare-5dd069a5518a#.tzxof85u3

The biggest reason it is escalating is that there are far more people who are sicker than what Obama predicted. Plus when given something for free people tend to over use it. Of course those obvious answers you don't want to hear.

And what over-use? How do you over-use health insurance? Break your leg on purpose? Go for extra check ups? Lol.

There were people that held off getting treated due to lack of insurance. Obamacare allowing them to get covered seemed to have released some of pent up demand for healthcare. But if that's true the effect should be temporary and insurance companies that stick it out now will be over-performing a few years from now.

I'm not talking about a popular vote for the ACA. We vote for our Reps... our Reps propose and vote for laws. PoliSci 101
That's obvious, I'm just saying most Americans would not vote for such a thing... lol

How would you know what "most Americans" would vote for if they took some time to familiarize themselves with the law, what it does and why?
Obamacare is fraudulent

Rustic is retarded.
Your new doctor does.

ebjttwjuf0zjsvv0f0oq.jpg

etc. etc. etc.

Obamacare is fraudulent

Rustic is retarded.
Your new doctor does.
If He's getting paid by the government does not...

ebjttwjuf0zjsvv0f0oq.jpg

etc. etc. etc.

Obamacare is fraudulent

Rustic is retarded.
Your new doctor does.
So doctors have to be overpaid greedy a-hole GOPers to be doctors?

Why drag everyone else until the bullshit? Millions of Americans want nothing to do with that fucking corrupt piece of legislation. They should've just made it out as an "opt in" we would not be having these fucked up government control issues on the subject then.
It's all based on majority votes dude. Speak out against it till your tongue bleeds but it's how our system works

No one has time to read the whole law so no one can know what the law will or will not do. What we can see are the effects of the law, and they ain't good.

It's all based on majority votes dude. Speak out against it till your tongue bleeds but it's how our system works

No one has time to read the whole law so no one can know what the law will or will not do. What we can see are the effects of the law, and they ain't good.

15 million more people with insurance coverage isn't good?

ZFUB9F

Last edited:

Very scary, dupe. Still way better than no ACA. Guaranteed, pre-existing people covered, and cost curve bending down STILL. Needs tinkering forever and being fully implemented.
Don't panic about rising ACA insurance premiums (Opinion) - CNN.com

That is not the debate. The discussion is why the cost of Obamacare is skyrocketing. Of course more people into the system mostly without paying a dime will escalate the price for everyone else that is just a fact. Since nothing is free.

Here is what I think is mostly the reason. I posted in the Current Events board about the cost for a CPAP machine. In my opinion the suppliers of the machine are ripping off the system and I am only one person out of millions. We have also seen where prescription drugs are skyrocketing in price for no apparent reason. I also think that doctors get a kick back for testing they order. Or they order testing to cover their arses which I don't blame them. I asked the doctor I went to yesterday if he were getting a big raise, he said no his pay was going to go down.

Maybe it is just the natural result of enrolling people who can't pay.

Very scary, dupe. Still way better than no ACA. Guaranteed, pre-existing people covered, and cost curve bending down STILL. Needs tinkering forever and being fully implemented.

yeah I guess a s..t sandwich is better than no sandwich.

That is not the debate. The discussion is why the cost of Obamacare is skyrocketing. Of course more people into the system mostly without paying a dime will escalate the price for everyone else that is just a fact. Since nothing is free.

Here is what I think is mostly the reason. I posted in the Current Events board about the cost for a CPAP machine. In my opinion the suppliers of the machine are ripping off the system and I am only one person out of millions. We have also seen where prescription drugs are skyrocketing in price for no apparent reason. I also think that doctors get a kick back for testing they order. Or they order testing to cover their arses which I don't blame them. I asked the doctor I went to yesterday if he were getting a big raise, he said no his pay was going to go down.

The old ER care system ALSO gave them free care, just in the stupidest, cruelest, deadliest way possible, dupe.

It's not skyrocketing if you look at all 3 years etc etc.... From CNN link:
The HHS report documents what has already been widely reported -- that after two years of moderate premium increases (2% for 2015 and 7.5% for 2016) premiums are going up sharply for 2017. Across the 39 states using the HealthCare.gov platform, the median second-lowest cost silver plan, which sets the benchmark for premium tax credits, will increase 16%, while theaverage increase looking only at states on the federal exchange is 25%.
161025144403-jost-timothy-new-head-shot-medium-plus-169.jpg

Timothy Jost
Opinion columnists and politicians will undoubtedly seize on the report as further evidence that the Affordable Care Act is a failure. But a deeper dig reveals a different story.
First, while these increases are eye-catching, insurers generally underpriced their plans when the marketplaces opened in 2014, and the current increases simply bring the premiums up to the level predicted when Congress debated the Affordable Care Act in 2009.
According to the report, Congressional Budget Office projections from 2009 suggested average 2017 premiums of $5,538; HHS is projecting average premiums of $5,586. Indeed, premiums in many states are still below the cost of employer coverage.
Second, premium increases vary sharply from state to state. While in seven states premiums are increasing more than 50%, in 10 states premium increases are 7% or less. Meanwhile, some of the states with the largest premium increases had the lowest premiums to begin with. And there is something states can do to lower their premium increases -- all of the states with increases at 7% or below have expanded Medicaid, while four of the states with the highest premium increases have not yet done so.

Obamacare's woes are a winning issue for the Republicans

Third, the report notes that most marketplace enrollees -- likely about 85% -- will receive premium tax credits that will substantially reduce their premiums. Almost three quarters of marketplace enrollees will be able to find a plan for $75 per month or less after the application of premium tax credits. The cost of plans for many people with premium tax credits will be virtually identical to last year's cost.
Of course, individuals who are not eligible for premium tax credits because their income is too high, and consumers who purchase coverage outside of the marketplaces, will have to bear the full weight of the premium increases. But as many as 2.5 million consumers purchasing coverage outside of the marketplaces would in fact be eligible for premium tax credits if they would purchase through the marketplaces. Many others qualify for tax subsidies for their health coverage because they are self-employed.
Fourth, it pays to shop. Seventy-six percent of marketplace enrollees can find a lower-cost plan in the 2017 marketplace than their 2016 plan in the same metal level by marketplace shopping. If all returning consumers chose the lowest-cost plan available in their current metal level, average premiums would fall $28 or 20% from 2016 premium levels, taking premium tax credits into account.
Fifth, as has been widely reported, there will be fewer insurers in the marketplaces this year. But 79% of consumers in HealthCare.gov states will still have a choice of two or more insurers and 56% three or more.
Follow CNN Opinion
Join us on Twitter and Facebook

Finally, lack of choice of insurers does not mean lack of health plan choice. South Carolina has only one insurer left, but it offers on average per county 25 plans. Wyoming's one insurer offers on average 28 plans. On average, consumers in HealthCare.gov states can choose from 30 different plans (down from 47 in 2016), an average of 10 plans per insurer. By contrast, 83% of employers offer only one type of plan, and many employers offer only one plan with one insurer.
The marketplaces are indeed experiencing a rough spell. But they continue to offer affordable health coverage to millions of Americans, many of whom would simply have been unable to find any coverage before the Affordable Care Act because of their health or economic status. Beyond the headlines, the HHS report documents that, in fact, the marketplaces are doing their job.

yeah I guess a s..t sandwich is better than no sandwich.
It'll get even better when fully implemented and when the New BS GOP and crony insurers stop sabotaging it, dupe.

Subsidizing insurance for poor people will save money than having them go uninsured and having the tax payers pick up the tab for them when they get sick or injured. It's good to have 20 million more insured and options for or existing conditions. Also the kids on their parents plan till 26 will help a ton too. So that's the good. The bad is the rising costs which is due to exactly what you described. My opinion would be to go after the high visits of prescription drugs which is higher in the US than any other country in the world and also to open up the markets to more competition.

How do you anti traders feel about Trumps idea to import drugs from other countries? I was surprised to see that from him given his stance in trade and wanting to promote American businesses.

Subsidizing insurance for poor people will save money than having them go uninsured and having the tax payers pick up the tab for them when they get sick or injured. It's good to have 20 million more insured and options for or existing conditions. Also the kids on their parents plan till 26 will help a ton too. So that's the good. The bad is the rising costs which is due to exactly what you described. My opinion would be to go after the high visits of prescription drugs which is higher in the US than any other country in the world and also to open up the markets to more competition.

How do you anti traders feel about Trumps idea to import drugs from other countries? I was surprised to see that from him given his stance in trade and wanting to promote American businesses.
taxerpayers pay through the nose no matter what/ the 47 percent who get the free ride are making out like bandits/ why import drugs from other countries?

drug companies should charge americans what they charge canadians.

Obamacare is fraudulent

Rustic is retarded.
Your new doctor does.
So doctors have to be overpaid greedy a-hole GOPers to be doctors?
now doctors are greedy?

taxerpayers pay through the nose no matter what/ the 47 percent who get the free ride are making out like bandits/ why import drugs from other countries?

drug companies should charge americans what they charge canadians.
What exactly do you mean making out like bandits? Do you think these people are living the good life with their government subsidies?

I agree about the pricing. I'd propose regulating pricing from American companies over bringing in drugs from foreign suppliers. I scratched my head when I saw that as part of Trumps plan

People that want to pay for that shit, let them opt in... people that don't want to pay for that shit, leave them alone. No one should be forced into that fucked up program. LOL

The Dems are literally blaming the Republicans for Obamacare failing. Not one Republican in Congress voted for Obamacare. You just can't make this crap up.

Nonsense. Republicans are being correctly blamed for obstructing progress.
Why is the Clinton News Network CNN leading each program with the Obamacare rate hikes as the lead story? I thought the MSM was rigged and in the tank for Clinton. How does this make sense?

Because useful idiots always figure out what is happening after it's too late to do anything about it.

Then the commies execute them.
Are you drunk?

She must be. :cuckoo:

Obstructing what exactly? Specifically what?

They are too busy holding meaningless repeal votes (over 60 by now) to meaningfully work with Democrats to fix the shortcomings.
republicans did not break the shit/ democrats did/let them fix it.

Forum List

Back