ObamaCare's Looming Land Mine

This is exactly right, and it may ultimately be the biggest problem the law creates. But who cares? It's just the evil greedy providers and hospitals being evil and greedy.

The surprise will come when providers who were within a few years of retirement will say "to hell with it" and get out, when many stop accepting these plans, and when we see smaller hospitals shutting down. There are two large primary care Medicare docs here who have already done it, and their patients are having a difficult time finding a replacement. And why would kids who wanted to go into medicine want to risk it now?

There can be no way their writers of this thing didn't know this. There can also be no way they didn't see the damage it will cause as we transition to where we were to the ACA to single payer. The patients just caught in the middle of this mess will just be collateral damage in the cause.

That's already been happening where I am in NJ. Lots of doctors just don't take insurance anymore. They have a staff of 15-20 people just handling the MESS the insurance companies have made and they are tired of paying salaries to fight the insurance companies and get paid.

These things mentioned by this BLOGGER have been going on for years. The ACA will exacerbate the process that the big corporate insurers, whose sole purpose is to create a profit from their health policies, has been doing this for 20 years.

Obama should have stuck to his initial proposal of single payer and just said fuck it when the Republicans shoved their insurance company lobbyists down his throat.

So much for compromise, I guess.

Yup. But insurance corporations are big donors to political campaigns, and no politician will dare cross them. The ACA was fucked up from the beginning because behind closed doors the insurers were writing the law.

Either Obama's people lied to him thinking the number of people whose policies would be canceled would be small or the insurance companies lied to Obama. I am rather convinced it was the latter rather than the former, as by the time my late spouse died, we endured lie after lie from the insurance company during the 3.5 years he was sick.

Don't think this wasn't the intention from the beginning:

Articles: ObamaCare's Looming Land Mine

[...]

What is being overlooked is the new and higher deductibles and total annual out-of-pocket expenditures, especially in the Bronze and Silver plans. The amount of these greatly exceeds the ability of most individuals and families to pay, thus providing the real possibility of personal bankruptcies due to medical bills and high losses for providers who cannot collect.

[...]

So what will happen? The family, being responsible citizens, will initially try to pay the bills, but that will soon prove impossible. They will ultimately default. And in any case, they will most likely end any college planning or retirement savings they were working toward.

But -- and this is the big but -- the entity chasing them for the money is not the government. Rather, it is the provider -- the doctor, hospital, lab, radiologist, etc. This permits the government to stand on the sidelines and shrug at the dastardly situation that government itself caused in the first place.

Once enough patients face this crisis, the provider will be painted as the devil, hurting all these working Americans and their finances. First there will be restrictions on how much the provider can ultimately collect. Eventually, providers will be eating a large portion of any of the money they don't collect at the point of service.

The government will neatly sidestep the mess they've set up on purpose, will be able to demonize the providers (who end up not getting paid), and can step in to "save the day." And saving the day means taking over the now-bankrupt assets of the provider side of the health care delivery system. Bingo: a full single-payer and provider system, under government control, without even having to fire a shot.

[...]​
coming from the boards dumb fuck, what would you know, you haven't even gone to the web site yet ... you find some Koolaid to drink from and you gulp it down:lol::lol::lol::lol: ...

The whole point of obamacare is to bankrupt the whole health care industry.

Single payer is the ultimate "solution" to a skillfully created problem.

Effectively millions of people who had insurance don't have insurance now. They just have higher premiums. Now obama is tacking on lifestyle surcharges, smokers might have to pay half their annual income just in insurance premiums. Expect these kinds of surcharges to expand as the government exerts more control over the individual. Meanwhile the better insurance that obamacare provides gives that elderly woman maternity care, but takes away hearing aids.

[...]

What is being overlooked is the new and higher deductibles and total annual out-of-pocket expenditures, especially in the Bronze and Silver plans. The amount of these greatly exceeds the ability of most individuals and families to pay, thus providing the real possibility of personal bankruptcies due to medical bills and high losses for providers who cannot collect.

[...]

So what will happen? The family, being responsible citizens, will initially try to pay the bills, but that will soon prove impossible. They will ultimately default. And in any case, they will most likely end any college planning or retirement savings they were working toward.

But -- and this is the big but -- the entity chasing them for the money is not the government. Rather, it is the provider -- the doctor, hospital, lab, radiologist, etc. This permits the government to stand on the sidelines and shrug at the dastardly situation that government itself caused in the first place.

Once enough patients face this crisis, the provider will be painted as the devil, hurting all these working Americans and their finances. First there will be restrictions on how much the provider can ultimately collect. Eventually, providers will be eating a large portion of any of the money they don't collect at the point of service.

The government will neatly sidestep the mess they've set up on purpose, will be able to demonize the providers (who end up not getting paid), and can step in to "save the day." And saving the day means taking over the now-bankrupt assets of the provider side of the health care delivery system. Bingo: a full single-payer and provider system, under government control, without even having to fire a shot.

[...]​

lets see here for the board koolaid drinker ...
currant fuck me in ths ass plan $550.00month
$25.00 copay
$5000,00 deductible
if I come in the next day with something else wrong
$5000.00 deductible
$5000.00 every time I come in for something different

OBAMA care(Affordable care Act)
silver plan
new plan $250.00 a month
$250. deductible max pay out $1200.00

save 300 dollar a month
total for a year $3600.00

so tell me dumb fuck again how obama Care (Affordable care Act) has higher deductibles and total annual out-of-pocket expenditures,in the bronze and silver plans we love to find out how you got so stupid

Last edited:

This is exactly right, and it may ultimately be the biggest problem the law creates. But who cares? It's just the evil greedy providers and hospitals being evil and greedy.

The surprise will come when providers who were within a few years of retirement will say "to hell with it" and get out, when many stop accepting these plans, and when we see smaller hospitals shutting down. There are two large primary care Medicare docs here who have already done it, and their patients are having a difficult time finding a replacement. And why would kids who wanted to go into medicine want to risk it now?

There can be no way their writers of this thing didn't know this. There can also be no way they didn't see the damage it will cause as we transition to where we were to the ACA to single payer. The patients just caught in the middle of this mess will just be collateral damage in the cause.

That's already been happening where I am in NJ. Lots of doctors just don't take insurance anymore. They have a staff of 15-20 people just handling the MESS the insurance companies have made and they are tired of paying salaries to fight the insurance companies and get paid.

These things mentioned by this BLOGGER have been going on for years. The ACA will exacerbate the process that the big corporate insurers, whose sole purpose is to create a profit from their health policies, have been doing this for 20 years.

Obama should have stuck to his initial proposal of single payer and just said fuck it when the Republicans shoved their insurance company lobbyists down his throat.

No. Providers have, through improvements in medical billing software systems, created relatively efficient processes for dealing with insurance companies -- granted though, it adds to the paperwork and inefficiencies.

But those hassles are nothing when compared to the constantly changing regulations heaped on them by the federal government (via Medicare especially), which, when combined with low reimbursements, is the reason why so many doctors either don't take Medicare or budget only a small portion of their practice to it. Stop by your city's senior center and ask around about how difficult it is to find a Medicare doc when yours gives up.

To make things worse for Medicare patients, new laws passed by Congress in 2010 (July, I think) were the last straw for many Medicare docs and they simply closed shop. It just wasn't worth it for them, and there's plenty more of that on the way.

Now, with the ACA, the problems are multiplying. A perfect example is the FACT that the rules and regulations for medical billing software systems are not only constantly changing, many of them have not even been written yet. That's another mess you'll see pop up in a few months.

We can agree on one thing: The Dems should have put single payer up for public debate. The mere (and simplistic) fact that the ACA is "different" from what we had doesn't make it good. It merely brings a massive new set of problems for which the partisan ideologues have to spin. It's typical of a massive bureaucratic endeavor, and we simply don't want to learn.

I know precisely what I'm facing. I've known it since I received the September 26 letter from my health insurer. As to what I'm going to do? No clue. Either come up with an extra $800/month to maintain a similar level of coverage (ain't gonna happen), or accept a shit policy to keep the premiums at a manageable level. Either way I'm fucked.

An extra $800 to maintain a similar plan, huh? I guess that option was in the letter you received. Have you looked on the exchnge yet?

Many people can not as the website is still down.

Also the exchanges are not cheaper than what people had before they are more expensive on average. Thus, the promises of Obamacare are false. Anyone still believing in Obamacare might as well become a part of the truther movement.

No. You are speaking in talking points. Anyone who wants to can find out what plans are available to them on the exchnge. Your claim that the plans on the exchange are more expensive on average is not substantiated. It is anecdotal at best at this point.

And please....stop talking about a law as though it needs to be believed in. We don't believe in Obamcare. We are hopeful that it succeeds....we think it will...we KNOW it is an improvement over what we had. But believe in? Stupid phrase.

[...]

[...]

[...]​
coming from the boards dumb fuck, what would you know, you haven't even gone to the web site yet ... you find some Koolaid to drink from and you gulp it down:lol::lol::lol::lol: ...

Why would I go to the website when my employer provides me with a very good Aetna policy? Even if I did go to the website, how does that square with Obama's promise that people who liked their policies could keep them?

BTW, you're in no position to be calling anyone a "dumbfuck."

These things mentioned by this BLOGGER have been going on for years. The ACA will exacerbate the process that the big corporate insurers, whose sole purpose is to create a profit from their health policies, has been doing this for 20 years.

So much for compromise, I guess.

The far left does not care about compromise all they care about is getting their way like spoiled two year olds.

WTF are you talking about? The ACA is ALL compromise. If there had been NO compromise then the program would have been an expansion of Medicare in a stepped system backing the eligibility age lower each year.

Hell. The whole POS is a landmine.

When folks get a load of their deductables believe me, they will not be happy and the Dems will be kissing their asses goodby along with those cushy Govt jobs.

Bye Bye.

when we finally get some of you morons to actually look into it, maybe we might take you serious ... but for right now your you're a joke ... with worthless info...

[...]

[...]

[...]​

$25.00 copay
$5000,00 deductible
$5000.00 deductible

Thanks for showing everyone that you're a dumb fuck. That isn't how deductibles work, moron. Haven't you ever filed an insurance claim? Your deductible is for the entire year. I went to the emergency clinic 3 times this year. The co-pays for each time contributed to the amount of my deductible I had fulfilled. By the third time I had no more out-of-pocket expenses.

Liberals: Bringing new meaning to the concept "utterly clueless."

Last edited:

[...]

[...]

[...]​

Why would I go to the website when my employer provides me with a very good Aetna policy? Even if I did go to the website, how does that square with Obama's promise that people who liked their policies could keep them?

Have you read your Aetna policy from front to back? They denied me a policy several years ago because I had three nasal allergy RX prescribed within an 8 year period, and their cap was two. So I actually complained all the way to Hartford, CT and talked to a VP. She confirmed that was their rule.

My neighbors have an Aetna policy. He was diagnosed with throat cancer but no docs in our area of NJ would take their insurance so they had to drive to Phila weekly for his treatments.

You have Aetna? Get the Vaseline out, honey. It's gonna' hurt and you won't be able to sit down for a lonnnnng time.

An extra $800 to maintain a similar plan, huh? I guess that option was in the letter you received. Have you looked on the exchnge yet?

Also the exchanges are not cheaper than what people had before they are more expensive on average. Thus, the promises of Obamacare are false. Anyone still believing in Obamacare might as well become a part of the truther movement.

No. You are speaking in talking points. Anyone who wants to can find out what plans are available to them on the exchnge. Your claim that the plans on the exchange are more expensive on average is not substantiated. It is anecdotal at best at this point.

And please....stop talking about a law as though it needs to be believed in. We don't believe in Obamcare. We are hopeful that it succeeds....we think it will...we KNOW it is an improvement over what we had. But believe in? Stupid phrase.

Yes, you are a true believer. All reports have indicted that the plans on the exchange are more expensive than the plans people are having cancelled, especially if you are male and under 35.

[...]

[...]

[...]​

$25.00 copay
$5000,00 deductible
$5000.00 deductible

Thanks for showing everyone that you're a dumb fuck. That isn't how deductibles work, moron. Haven't you ever filed an insurance claim? Your deductive is for the entire year. I went to the emergency clinic 3 times this year. the co-pays for each time contributed to the amount of my deductible I had fulfilled. By the third time I had no more out-of-pocket expenses.

Stick to using the ER if you're going to use Aetna. You're no better off than an illegal alien with no insurance at all.

Have you read your Aetna policy from front to back? They denied me a policy several years ago because I had three nasal allergy RX prescribed within an 8 year period, and their cap was two. So I actually complained all the way to Hartford, CT and talked to a VP. She confirmed that was their rule.

My neighbors have an Aetna policy. He was diagnosed with throat cancer but no docs in our area of NJ would take their insurance so they had to drive to Phila weekly for his treatments.

You have Aetna? Get the Vaseline out, honey. It's gonna' hurt and you won't be able to sit down for a lonnnnng time.

I just had a $40,000 medical bill. They paid without a complaint. My surgeon was one of the best in the city.

$25.00 copay
$5000,00 deductible
$5000.00 deductible

Thanks for showing everyone that you're a dumb fuck. That isn't how deductibles work, moron. Haven't you ever filed an insurance claim? Your deductive is for the entire year. I went to the emergency clinic 3 times this year. the co-pays for each time contributed to the amount of my deductible I had fulfilled. By the third time I had no more out-of-pocket expenses.

Stick to using the ER if you're going to use Aetna. You're no better off than an illegal alien with no insurance at all.

That's pure Obama fluffer horseshit.

Go back to sucking Obama's dick.

Just NEVER forget THIS. This is the day the DEMOCRATS, RAMMED this UNPOPULAR LAW down the throats of Americans, AGAINST the will of the MAJORITY, and then they all applauded themselves and chanted, SOOOOO HAPPY that they FUCKED YOU OVER... NEVER FORGET THIS... and VOTE ACCORDINGLY in November... kick the filthy rat fucks to the curb...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGZivMArscs]House Democrats cheer as Health Care reform bill passes - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

I just had a $40,000 medical bill. They paid without a complaint. My surgeon was one of the best in the city.

Looks like the Presidendt's promise to you was kept. Glad you could get that needed surgery and not go into debt.

Uh-huh. Sure. I know you have to save face here.

I just had a liver transplant. Had the best surgeon in New York City. Empire Blue sent my doc a check even before I went into the hospital. Then they had roses sent to my private room and a chauffeured limousine to drive me home from the hospital and an in-home nurse waiting for me when we arrived.

And the far left programming never fails, can not see beyond their programming.

Every study done (except those done by the far left) have shown an increase in premiums. Many will actually pay more for less coverage because of Obamacare.

Forum List

Back