obama's attack on coal helps his buddy george soros buy coal stocks….

It would be nice if I could eat the crayfish out of my creek.

Now that the coal burning power plant a few miles upwind has just switched to natgas, that may eventually be possible. I don't know how long the mercury will linger.

Challenging Failure to Protect Grand Canyon from Coal Plant Pollution Earthjustice

CASE OVERVIEW

Clean air and national park advocates are challenging a decision in federal court, issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), that allows one of the nation’s oldest and dirtiest coal-fired power plants to continue polluting for decades to come.

On behalf of National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), Sierra Club, Grand Canyon Trust and Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), Earthjustice filed a petition with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals to review EPA’s ruling, asking it to reconsider EPA’s July 2014 decision on Navajo Generating Station (NGS).

For nearly 40 years, NGS has significantly damaged the air quality of local communities, as well as the Grand Canyon and 10 other national parks and wilderness areas across the Southwest. Yet in early 2014, EPA rejected the legal requirement to make the coal-fired power plant cut smog-forming nitrogen oxide by 85 percent over the next five years. Instead, it has approved a plan that only promises some level of cleanup sometime in the future—a plan that could let the coal plant pollute for at least another three decades. EPA contends it can water down the Clean Air Act requirements because coal plant is located on Navajo Nation lands.

I have been to the Grand Canyon when you could hardly see the scenery for that haze. Damned plants should be shut down now.

It's no different than Obama's no on Keystone, Soros owns about 22% of Burlington Northern and he's making a killing on transporting oil that would go through the pipeline

Soros owns about 22% of Burlington Northern

No. Buffett bought 100% of BNSF.

At one time Soros was heavy in Burlington Northern, he may have sold it off I don't follow that particular holding.

It's no different than Obama's no on Keystone, Soros owns about 22% of Burlington Northern and he's making a killing on transporting oil that would go through the pipeline

and lets not forget his Millionaire buddy, Warren Buffet who he wanted to name a TAX HIKE after

It's all BS and of course the left doesn't see it that way. There is no reason Keystone hasn't been built, none

Obama is BOUGHT and PAID for. As is that whole Progressive/Democrat party. they could care LESS about any of us. will these people in their base wake up. Doubtful. that's why someone like Obama could dupe them so easily. and now look at them standing behind Hillary who is being Investigated as we speak

And the repubs aren't? The kochs make soros look poor. Don't forget adelson.

You're an idiot if you believe that. which it seems you do because Dirty harry Reid said so

Tell me this is all on the level....

GEORGE SOROS HELPED CRAFT STIMULUS THEN INVESTED IN COMPANIES BENEFITING

Mr. Soros met with Mr. Obama’s top economist on February 25, 2009 and twice more with senior officials in the Old Executive Office Building on March 24th and 25th as the stimulus plan was being crafted. Later, Mr. Soros also participated in discussions on financial reform.

Then, in the first quarter of 2009, Mr. Soros went on a stock buying spree in companies that ultimately benefited from the federal stimulus.

• Soros doubled his holdings in medical manufacturer Hologic, a company that benefited from stimulus spending on medical systems

• Soros tripled his holdings in fiber channel and software maker Emulus, a company that wound up scoring a large amount of federal funds going to infrastructure spending

• Soros bought 210,000 shares in Cisco Systems, which came up big in the stimulus lottery

• Soros also bought Extreme Networks, which, months later, said it was expanding broadband to rural America “as part of President Obama’s broadband strategy”

• Soros bought 1.5 million shares in American Electric Power, a company Mr. Obama gave $1 billion to in June 2009

• Soros bought shares in utility company Ameren, which bagged a $540 million Department of Energy loan

• Soros bought 250,000 shares of Public Service Enterprise Group, 500,000 shares of NRG Energy, and almost a million shares of Entergy–all companies that came up winners in the Department of Energy taxpayer giveaway that produced the Solyndra debacle

• Soros bought into BioFuel Energy, a company that benefitted when the EPA announced a regulation on ethanol

• Soros bought Powerspan in April 2009. Just weeks later, the clean-energy company landed $100 million from the Department of Energy

• In the second quarter of 2009, Soros bought education technology giant Blackboard, which became a big recipient of education stimulus money

• Soros also bought Burlington Northern Santa Fe and CSX, both beneficiaries of Mr. Obama’s plans for revitalizing the railroads

• Soros bought Cognizant Technology Solutions, which scored stimulus funds in education and health care technology

• Soros also bought 300,000 shares of Constellation Energy Group and 4.6 million shares of Covanta, both of which landed taxpayers’ money through the stimulus, the former of which bagged $200 million
George Soros Helped Craft Stimulus Then Invested in Companies Benefiting - Breitbart

There's a hidden agenda behind everything Obama does.

and NONE of it is good for us or our country.

Yup, pretty much. And before this, it was obamas pipeline that gave birth to warren buffets exploding oil trains.

and lets not forget his Millionaire buddy, Warren Buffet who he wanted to name a TAX HIKE after

It's all BS and of course the left doesn't see it that way. There is no reason Keystone hasn't been built, none

Obama is BOUGHT and PAID for. As is that whole Progressive/Democrat party. they could care LESS about any of us. will these people in their base wake up. Doubtful. that's why someone like Obama could dupe them so easily. and now look at them standing behind Hillary who is being Investigated as we speak

Coal is dead, Peabody is ready to die off and that'll be the end of it, thousands of jobs gone. Back in the day I made a ton off money off coal and it literally paid for our home. Obungles and the left promised a "green utopia"....what a fucking farce that is. The only ones making money are his cronies off the taxpayer

You love pollution? Why you think fish have so much mercury we can barely eat them?

DNC TALKING point spew folks. ignore trolls like this

And the repubs aren't? The kochs make soros look poor. Don't forget adelson.

You're an idiot if you believe that. which it seems you do because Dirty harry Reid said so

You are an idiot it seems. How can you be so blind?

Now that the coal burning power plant a few miles upwind has just switched to natgas, that may eventually be possible. I don't know how long the mercury will linger.

Eat a couple pounds of them and tell us if your temperature goes up.

no kidding. we've lived all these YEARS with coal. yet they don't whine over their Government releasing TOXIC sludge that was contained into our River.

no kidding. we've lived all these YEARS with coal. yet they don't whine over their Government releasing TOXIC sludge that was contained into our River.

So now republicans don't believe in pollution. Let's see if your candidate runs on that stupidity.

So now republicans don't believe in pollution. Let's see if your candidate runs on that stupidity.
Obuthole EPA just polluted a river big time and you libtarded idiots are good with that right? Idiots.

do you just go around babbling nonsense? You rush in and overtake a thread with dumb stuff like this. it's a waste. see ya

do you just go around babbling nonsense? You rush in and overtake a thread with dumb stuff like this. it's a waste. see ya
He is brainless.

This is a good example of why Big Government types LOVE regulation: more opportunities for influence peddling and graft.

He is brainless.

has to be a tool/zombie for the DNC

Obuthole EPA just polluted a river big time and you libtarded idiots are good with that right? Idiots.

I've yet to hear anyone who is good with that. Stop making stupid statements.

Forum List

Back