Obamas file law suit to nix trademark of a company name they want...

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
The Obamas are literally attempting to TAKE the 'Higher Ground'...

"Barack and Michelle Obama have been accused of “deplorable behavior” by a Los Angeles entertainment attorney for filing a “meritless petition” amid a trademark dispute over the name of their company, Higher Ground Productions.

“This is really deplorable behavior. I hope that the Obamas realize that these actions are not consistent with the values they preach and that they instruct their attorneys to immediately dismiss the petition."

Barry and Michelle 'didn't build that' ... but simply because they like the name and because they WANT the name, despite someone else already owning it, they are trying to TAKE what they want anyway, attempting to steal what they want from the legitimate owners.

Obamas accused of ‘deplorable behavior’ amid trademark dispute: 'Not consistent with the values they preach'

What is not consistent in the values they preach, did they say anything about suing. Tramp does it all the time, is he deplorable!

Calling the Obama's deplorable is like calling tramp a upright citizen with high morals and beyond reproach.

The Obamas are just proving once again how Democrats see most Americans as obstacles that are in the way of what they want...and how they will do whatever it takes to get what they want...

What is not consistent in the values they preach, did they say anything about suing. Tramp does it all the time, is he deplorable!

Calling the Obama's deplorable is like calling tramp a upright citizen with high morals and beyond reproach.
Nice attempt to skate right past the main point of the story of how Barry and Michelle saw something someone else has that they want and are trying to simply TAKE it.

The Obamas are literally attempting to TAKE the 'Higher Ground'...

"Barack and Michelle Obama have been accused of “deplorable behavior” by a Los Angeles entertainment attorney for filing a “meritless petition” amid a trademark dispute over the name of their company, Higher Ground Productions.

“This is really deplorable behavior. I hope that the Obamas realize that these actions are not consistent with the values they preach and that they instruct their attorneys to immediately dismiss the petition."

Barry and Michelle 'didn't build that' ... but simply because they like the name and because they WANT the name, despite someone else already owning it, they are trying to TAKE what they want anyway, attempting to steal what they want from the legitimate owners.

Obamas accused of ‘deplorable behavior’ amid trademark dispute: 'Not consistent with the values they preach'

Now to dispel your BS and outright lie. You will note that the BS claim about the Enterprise name is wrong. The Enterprise name is from a Real Estate while the Production is from a Media venture. Notice the copyright filing dates. Production was accepted BEFORE the Enterprise was. And they are two completely different companies and two completely distinctive names.

Here is something about the Production that also backs up that the Obama's found it. Stop lying.

Higher Ground Productions Taps Ada Chiaghana as VP Development, Production

Word Mark HIGHER GROUND PRODUCTIONS
Goods and Services
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: media production services, namely, video and film production
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 87930586
Filing Date May 21, 2018
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
International Registration Number 1439935
Owner (APPLICANT) Higher Ground Productions LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE c/o Perkins Coie LLP 1201 Third Avenue, Suite 4900 Seattle WASHINGTON 98101
Attorney of Record James L. Vana
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "PRODUCTIONS" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark HIGHER GROUND ENTERPRISES
Goods and Services
IC 036. US 100 101 102. G & S: Real estate acquisition services; Real estate agency services; Real estate appraisal; Real estate appraisal and valuation; Real estate brokerage; Real estate consultancy; Real estate consultation; Real estate escrow services; Real estate financing services; Real estate funds investment services; Real estate insurance underwriting services; Real estate investment services; Real estate investment trust services; Real estate lending services; Real estate listing; Real estate management consultation; Real estate management services; Real estate management services relating to shopping centers; Real estate multiple listing services; Real estate procurement for others; Real estate service, namely, rental property management; Real estate services, namely, condominium management services; Real estate syndication; Real estate time-sharing; Real estate trustee services; Real estate valuation services; Real estate valuations; Appraisal and evaluation of real estate; Appraisal of real estate; Commercial and residential real estate agency services; Financial services, namely, real estate note brokerage; Land acquisition, namely, real estate brokerage; Lease of real estate; Leasing of real estate; Providing real estate listings and real estate information via the Internet; Providing real estate listings via the Internet; Rental of real estate; Residential real estate agency services; Vacation real estate time-sharing; Vacation real estate timeshare services; Valuations in real estate matters. FIRST USE: 20130501. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20130501
Serial Number 88041125
Filing Date July 17, 2018
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition January 1, 2019
Registration Number 5701970
Registration Date March 19, 2019
Owner (REGISTRANT) Higher Ground Enterprises LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY UTAH PO Box 2292 Covina CALIFORNIA 91722
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "ENTERPRISES" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Nice attempt to skate right past the main point of the story of how Barry and Michelle saw something someone else has that they want and are trying to simply TAKE it.

Two different trademarks.

....and after all of that the bottom line is the Obama's are filing a law suit to get a copyright wiped out because they want the name 'Higher Ground'...

Thanks for that 'clarification'... :p

And its not MY claim, dumbass. I shared / posted the link to the article. I didn't write the article

:p

The Obamas are just proving once again how Democrats see most Americans as obstacles that are in the way of what they want...and how they will do whatever it takes to get what they want...

Now you can tell Fox to quit spreading fake news, they do it all the time.

....and after all of that the bottom line is the Obama's are filing a law suit to get a copyright wiped out because they want the name 'Higher Ground'...

Thanks for that 'clarification'... :p

And its not MY claim, dumbass. I shared / posted the link to the article. I didn't write the article

They already own the copyright to the name. It's filed through Delaware and they are already doing business with Netflix. I showed the two trademarked names and there are NO conflicts. And your townhall.com site is just making shit up again and so are you. You want to keep using them as a source, then you are just repeating lies and that makes you a liar knowing it's probably just made up.

"the “Obamas have known for almost a year” that their Higher Ground Productions trademark application was rejected by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office because it was too similar to his client’s Higher Ground Enterprises.

“Instead of simply picking another name, the Obamas' lawyers have now filed a meritless petition to cancel my client's trademark so they can take it for themselves,”

The U.S. Trademark Office deemed the two companies too similar so the petition to cancel was filed."

Barry & Michelle don't believe they should have to pick another name just because someone else already has it or one so close to what they want...THEY want it so it should be THEIRS...

It isn't Fox News. Even they wouldn't spread that news. It's townhall.com

Factcheck and mediacheck
Overall, we rate Townhall Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right and denigrates the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of columnists that have poor fact check records.

“In a petition to cancel, the Obamas essentially allege that [Higher Ground Enterprises boss Hanisya] Massey doesn't deserve a trademark because ‘Higher Ground Enterprises’ wasn't actually in use at the time of its 2016 registration,” Gardner wrote. “Her trademark is in Class 41, which includes entertainment services.”

Barry and Michelle don't believe the holder if the trademark DESERVES to keep the trademark awarded / given to them....

'Yes, yes - you own 'that', but you weren't using it right at that moment, & we wanted it, so.....'

"the “Obamas have known for almost a year” that their Higher Ground Productions trademark application was rejected by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office because it was too similar to his client’s Higher Ground Enterprises.

“Instead of simply picking another name, the Obamas' lawyers have now filed a meritless petition to cancel my client's trademark so they can take it for themselves,”

The U.S. Trademark Office deemed the two companies too similar so the petition to cancel was filed."

Barry & Michelle don't believe they should have to pick another name just because someone else already has it or one so close to what they want...THEY want it so it should be THEIRS...

Funny, liar, I took my information directly off of the Government Trademark site search area. And it was accepted in 2018. You can look it up yourself like I did at United States Patent and Trademark Office where they have ALL the trademarks listed. Stop lying, stupid.

Factcheck and mediacheck
Overall, we rate Townhall Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right and denigrates the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of columnists that have poor fact check records.
Typical snowflake - attempt to discredit the source when you can't disprove what is being reported....

Discrediting the source only works with CNN, after they have been proven to be the propaganda wing of the DNC The last 4 years...

Factcheck and mediacheck

His op said Fox news. It may of started on Town Hall, but now it on most conservative news sources. I checked Town Hall, and one look at the site I could tell they were bias.

Funny, liar, I took my information directly off of the Government Trademark site search area. And it was accepted in 2018. You can look it up yourself like I did at United States Patent and Trademark Office where they have ALL the trademarks listed. Stop lying, stupid.
Snowflake, you already called me a liar once this morning, claiming I made up a story - I had to pull your britches down and whoop that little snowflake ass in front of everyone by posting the link.

Your credibility after that has taken a hit...

“In a petition to cancel, the Obamas essentially allege that [Higher Ground Enterprises boss Hanisya] Massey doesn't deserve a trademark because ‘Higher Ground Enterprises’ wasn't actually in use at the time of its 2016 registration,” Gardner wrote. “Her trademark is in Class 41, which includes entertainment services.”

Barry and Michelle don't believe the holder if the trademark DESERVES to keep the trademark awarded / given to them....

'Yes, yes - you own 'that', but you weren't using it right at that moment, & we wanted it, so.....'

Higher Ground Enterprises was filed and approve 2 months after Higher Ground Productions in 2018. Productions is a Media Company and Enterprises is a Real Estate Company.

The trademark you are going on about did exist. But you have it all wrong. Enterprise is the one that files suit first to try and block Productions. They poked the bear. Obama said that they could coexist but Hanisya Massey, the owner of Enterprise filed with the Trademark office in 2017 to block it. Obama counterfiled and they bounced the Enterprises trademark for misbehavior. It was picked up and reissued to a Real Estate Business effective 2018 and finalized in 2019. You rightwingnutcases want to play the game but don't like it when you lose at your own game. This was strictly a Right Wing BS play that backfired.

Here it is.

Word Mark HIGHER GROUND ENTERPRISES
Goods and Services
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Photography; Publishing of books, e-books, audio books, music and illustrations. FIRST USE: 20140104. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20140104
Serial Number 87270900
Filing Date December 16, 2016
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition May 23, 2017
Registration Number 5260404
Registration Date August 8, 2017
Owner (REGISTRANT) Higher Ground Enterprises LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY UTAH PO Box 2292 Covina CALIFORNIA 91722
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "ENTERPRISES" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Obama didn't get the Enterprise trademark. Massey filed a false report to the trademark office and they bounced his trademark and reissued it to a Real Estate Company. Obama does not own the trademark of High Ground Enterprises. Get your story straight. I already showed what happened. And your lying over and over doesn't make you lies the truth no matter how many times you tell it.

Factcheck and mediacheck

His op said Fox news. It may of started on Town Hall, but now it on most conservative news sources. I checked Town Hall, and one look at the site I could tell they were bias.

Yes, I know. He lied about it being from Fox News. Fox News didn't report it either.

Snowflake, you already called me a liar once this morning, claiming I made up a story - I had to pull your britches down and whoop that little snowflake ass in front of everyone by posting the link.

Your credibility after that has taken a hit...

You don't like it? Stop lying.

Forum List

Back