Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

The GPS is dead on arrival as far as I am concerned. I will never allow the government to place a gps in my truck.

The process would start with a government mandate that by a certain year all US bound and built vehicles MUST be equipped with a GPS chip. Now of course the additional cost would be passed along to the consumer. And I would also imagine that very harsh criminal penalties would be attached to the law, for anyone who was thinking of not letting the government track their every move.
This is coming...IN my estimation anyway. Why? Look to two weeks ago when Obama announced his goal of 56 mpg fleet wide for US Autos. That's 80% higher than now.
SO with us using 80% less fuel(Theoretically) the federal and state government lose a WHOLE BIG BUNCH of tax revenue. That loss must be made up some how. SO the next step is a mileage or a movement tax. The only way to do this would be for the government to track our movements.
Now of course the govt dunderheads will try to convince us that this thing will simply measure miles traveled. And no one will actually know where we've been. But I call bullshit on that. The feds mandated GPS tracking in our cell phones. So anyone at any time can see where we are within a few hundred feet.
These fucks up in Washington fear us. The only way for politicians to be able to operate in their own interests is to be able to control the population.

What do you think North star is? I'll never have a truck with it installed I'll buy an old truck if my truck I have now breaks down. Hell I'll start driving the tractor if I have too. I'll make my own road throgh the woods if needs be.
It's ON Star....And it only works where there is cell phone coverage. It is not GPS based.

We've already played this tune with the first stimulus. You know. The one that stimulated jack shit.

Why in the world would a supposedly intelligent man think doing the same thing a second time would have different results??

I'm beginning to wonder if Barry gives a shit.

He talks a good story but talk is cheap. Its what you do that counts.

Fact Check: Did the stimulus create "zero" jobs?

The Facts: A more accurate jobs count may come from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which estimates the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as the stimulus bill, "increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million" in the second quarter of 2010 alone. The budget office also states that well over half a million jobs were funded in each of the other three quarters of 2010.

Fact Check: Did the stimulus create “zero” jobs? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

We've already played this tune with the first stimulus. You know. The one that stimulated jack shit.

Why in the world would a supposedly intelligent man think doing the same thing a second time would have different results??

The Facts: A more accurate jobs count may come from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which estimates the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as the stimulus bill, "increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million" in the second quarter of 2010 alone. The budget office also states that well over half a million jobs were funded in each of the other three quarters of 2010.

Fact Check: Did the stimulus create “zero” jobs? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I always love it when they put "nonpartisan" in front of "Congressional" talk about an oxymoron!

For the record, JScott, the highly partisan CBO gets its numbers from Congress. They don't investigate anything, they basically report what Congress tells them to report.

Immie

The process would start with a government mandate that by a certain year all US bound and built vehicles MUST be equipped with a GPS chip. Now of course the additional cost would be passed along to the consumer. And I would also imagine that very harsh criminal penalties would be attached to the law, for anyone who was thinking of not letting the government track their every move.
This is coming...IN my estimation anyway. Why? Look to two weeks ago when Obama announced his goal of 56 mpg fleet wide for US Autos. That's 80% higher than now.
SO with us using 80% less fuel(Theoretically) the federal and state government lose a WHOLE BIG BUNCH of tax revenue. That loss must be made up some how. SO the next step is a mileage or a movement tax. The only way to do this would be for the government to track our movements.
Now of course the govt dunderheads will try to convince us that this thing will simply measure miles traveled. And no one will actually know where we've been. But I call bullshit on that. The feds mandated GPS tracking in our cell phones. So anyone at any time can see where we are within a few hundred feet.
These fucks up in Washington fear us. The only way for politicians to be able to operate in their own interests is to be able to control the population.

What do you think North star is? I'll never have a truck with it installed I'll buy an old truck if my truck I have now breaks down. Hell I'll start driving the tractor if I have too. I'll make my own road throgh the woods if needs be.
It's ON Star....And it only works where there is cell phone coverage. It is not GPS based.

onstar and north star check'em out.

There are a couple insurance companies that now offer a discount if you use a gps device that tracks data. I bet it wont be long till they are in every vehicle.

So sad......
And required or the vehicle doesn't go on the road per government mandate.

There are ways to munipulate GPS in vehicles. My company I woirk for use to have them but they removed them when they saw the trucks not moving for months at a time.:lol:

There are a couple insurance companies that now offer a discount if you use a gps device that tracks data. I bet it wont be long till they are in every vehicle.

So sad......

There are ways to munipulate GPS in vehicles. My company I woirk for use to have them but they removed them when they saw the trucks not moving for months at a time.:lol:

Do you have a cell phone?

The CBO is highly partisan now? More Fox/Rush pubcrappe, my dear dittohead...

francoHFW is highly partisan now? More MSNBC/NPR Dimcrappe, my dear Dimhead.

CBO gets garbage and give the same garbage back. Their report was a 'guess'. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nope, your wrong. OnStar is a GPS, cell phones and your car's computer tied together. I sell them, I know. The cell phone is satellite based, so the available usage is much broader than tower based phones. If you recall, Onstar can locate a stolen car. That would require GPS.

Between 1.4 and 3.3 million? PLEASE STOP THE FUCKING NONSENSE.
And it's an estimate as well. Unbefucklinglievable!!!!!!
Ok genius. If 3 million new jobs were created that would be about 30% of the total unemployed people....Therefore the unemployment rate would have fallen from 9% to about 6.5%. as we know, this did not happen. So somebody's bullshitting the troops here. \
BTW a "JOB" is not considered employment if the worker doing the job is employed for say a 6 month contract or had avoided layoff for 3 months or even a year. The people doing the numbers have lots of details they like to leave out. Especially those facts that might make the leadership look bad.
The stimulus was worthless. $800 billion to save a few municipal jobs and create some temporary construction work. All of which doesn't take into account the incredible numbers of pork barrel spending that $800 billion went to fund.
It's so politically unpalatable, the Obama admin is calling the latest stimulus a "jobs bill"...
Cut the crap. The private sector should be doing this....job creation. Not the bureaucrats in DC.
Read very carefully. Obama's so -called jobs bill goes NOWHERE....At least not they way Obama sees it.

Wrong AGAIN, Foxbots. LOL! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!

You know, when you don't quote what you are responding to, no one else knows what you are respondiing to and your statements make little sense.

Nope, your wrong. OnStar is a GPS, cell phones and your car's computer tied together. I sell them, I know. The cell phone is satellite based, so the available usage is much broader than tower based phones. If you recall, Onstar can locate a stolen car. That would require GPS.
Ok so they have changed it?..There was an incident in Upstate NY about 6 or so years ago..An elderly couple was traveling along I-87 in the Adirondacks. IN this area due to environmental issues and aesthetic concerns there is little if any cell coverage for about 75 miles.
One of the elderly couple had some kind of medical emergency. Their On Star system would not work in the area.
I stand corrected on the GPS thingy.
Nevertheless. The federal government is reportedly looking into mandating GPS devices be installed in new vehicles either shipped to or made in the US so that this movement/mileage tax can be applied.

At a certain point a flat tax rate for all income level's should the norm here, because the wealthiest American's are getting a free ride and the those of a lower socio-economic status, can no longer afford to
foot the bill for the wealthiest profiteers among us.

As far as the jobs bill being "dead on arrival," both parties have displayed contempt for our currently
unemployed, also created by their campaign contributors.

Last edited:

So sad......

Oh yeah. There are many firms that use GPS to track their vehicles. Of course those firms put it in themselves, They can remove it. I am referring to an auto manufacturer installed device that is placed by federal law. I can assure you this device if detached would somehow create an alert or disable the vehicle. I would also take a guess that the penalty for removing or tampering with the device would be quite steep.
Oh, I am very pissed off that the federal government is already mandating all cell phones be equipped with GPS. I do not want the feds having the ability to track my movements. This car thing is really the end. One thing...Here we are being told to conserve fuel which would lower our cost to travel. Then the fucking feds jump right in and tax us another way so while they get to look good to the enviro wackos, we get it in the shorts. Great.
Is it any wonder why politicians have long passed used car sales people in the "most hated " category?

At a certain point a flat tax rate for all income level's should the norm here, because the wealthiest American's are getting a free ride and the those of a lower socio-economic status, can no longer afford to
foot the bill for the wealthiest profiteers among us.

As far as the jobs bill being "dead on arrival," both parties have displayed contempt for our currently
unemployed, also created by their campaign contributors.

The wealthiest americans pay the vast majority of the tax bill. I wouldn't call that a free ride. The lowest socio economic segment is the ones with the free ride. Free housing, free food, free clothes, free schooling, etc etc.
The currently sitting on their asses have been doing so for 99 weeks. We have the highest percentage of long term unemployed since the Depression. This is directly thanks to the constant extension of unemployment benefits. Because, get this, if you pay people not to work they won't. Kewl, eh?

Oh yeah. There are many firms that use GPS to track their vehicles. Of course those firms put it in themselves, They can remove it. I am referring to an auto manufacturer installed device that is placed by federal law. I can assure you this device if detached would somehow create an alert or disable the vehicle. I would also take a guess that the penalty for removing or tampering with the device would be quite steep.
Oh, I am very pissed off that the federal government is already mandating all cell phones be equipped with GPS. I do not want the feds having the ability to track my movements. This car thing is really the end. One thing...Here we are being told to conserve fuel which would lower our cost to travel. Then the fucking feds jump right in and tax us another way so while they get to look good to the enviro wackos, we get it in the shorts. Great.
Is it any wonder why politicians have long passed used car sales people in the "most hated " category?

link please?

BTW, you know that can be turned off... right?

Forum List

Back