Obama's lie: If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan

I'd be more inclined to provide you a link had you asked the people on the other side of this disagreement for a link to their claims.

• UPS. The delivery company dropped health insurance for about 15,000 of its employees' spouses whose employers also offered insurance.

Link:

Is health law really to blame for plan changes?
Yes it is because Obama made it easier for them to do so.

So you're claiming that UPS was required by law to cover spouses before Obamacare went into effect?

Can you prove that?

In other words you are lying your ass off and are hoping you can distract the fact by blaming others.... Obama would be proud of you

lol, yes I would make something up that could be easily disproven.

I'm just pointing out how you partisan hacks take the claims you like as gospel without substantiation needed,

but you demand proof of anything you don't like.

Why do you do that? What is the principle that you follow when you endorse that practice?
Yes you would lie about things easily debunked because it is your Modus Oprendi

Then show me anything I've claimed as fact that you've debunked.

I'd be more inclined to provide you a link had you asked the people on the other side of this disagreement for a link to their claims.

• UPS. The delivery company dropped health insurance for about 15,000 of its employees' spouses whose employers also offered insurance.

Link:

What part of 'THEY DID NOT GET TO KEEP THEIR INSURANCE' are you having a hard time understanding???

They'yre now forced to switch to different insurance providers with different plans, for different costs with different doctors. That is not getting to KEEP THE PLAN YOU HAVE IF YOU WANT TOO.

Is English the language here??

UPS's plans and providers were not outlawed by Obamacare.

Link:

What part of 'THEY DID NOT GET TO KEEP THEIR INSURANCE' are you having a hard time understanding???

They'yre now forced to switch to different insurance providers with different plans, for different costs with different doctors. That is not getting to KEEP THE PLAN YOU HAVE IF YOU WANT TOO.

OMG! Are you really this dense???? :banghead:

No one said they were, are you arguing with yourself?

Link:

Obamacare drove up the cost. Seriously, in post after post, you don't even begin to grasp capitalism and free markets. It just confuses the crap out of you doesn't it? My favorite are the endless stream of posts you write where you don't understand that government increasing costs of insurers will raise the price of the policy. You actually really don't understand that, do you?

She genuinely doesn't understand that increasing the cost of providing policies will increase the price of the policies. She keeps making the same point over and over, that because Obamacare isn't setting the price, it's not Obama's fault in any way that prices are going up.

You know why I get tired of bothering to post links?

Because confronting the inmates here with irrefutable facts has become (if it ever wasn't) an exercise in futility because there are NO honest conservatives left on this board. Period.

But anyhow:

The Obamacare link:

"By denying coverage to spouses, employers not only save the annual premiums, but also the new fees that went into effect as part of the Affordable Care Act. This year, companies have to pay $1 or $2 “per life” covered on their plans, a sum that jumps to $65 in 2014."

So no, they are not forced to drop the spouses. In fact, they could do what other companies have done:

"About a fifth of companies had policies to discourage spouses from joining their health plan in 2012, according to Mercer, though most just charged extra—$100 a month, on average—to cover spouses who could get insurance elsewhere, rather than deny coverage entirely."

Why your boss is dumping your wife - MarketWatch

Obamacare drove up the cost. Seriously, in post after post, you don't even begin to grasp capitalism and free markets. It just confuses the crap out of you doesn't it? My favorite are the endless stream of posts you write where you don't understand that government increasing costs of insurers will raise the price of the policy. You actually really don't understand that, do you?

You don't know what you're talking about. Stop talking is the best advice I can give you.

Now tell us how Obamacare forced them to give up their insurance.

I posted the cost. ONE DOLLAR per year per spouse this year.

Obama never said anything about cost. He said you could keep your plan if you like it. The plan is still there if you want it but you obviously don't like it. So he didn't lie. Not saying it isn't fucked up. Just present it that way.

Wrong, skippy. My brother's plan has been cancelled, it is no longer there, it has ceased to be (as of the end of the year). OBAMA LIED when he said you could keep your plan if you like it. And of course he never said anything about cost. Duh. If he had more Dems would have voted no and the fucking mess never would have passed.

I guess the definition of offered escapes you. Alrighty then.

You don't know what you're talking about. Stop talking is the best advice I can give you.

Basically your thinking is binary. Liberal, or not liberal. And it's not good to be on the bad side of that call...

My renewal came for my policy for myself, my wife and two daughters and the rate went from $410 a year to $1,066 a month. Why? Obama lied. I had insurance, Obama said I could keep my plan. I like my plan. I have catastrophic insurance. It comes with a $10,000 deductible, then pays pretty much everything. I've never hit the limit, so I've never gotten a dime. What I want:

1) Health "insurance" not health "care." If there's an actual big thing, like cancer or an automobile accident, then I want insurance for that. If one of those happen to my family, the $10K deductible will be the least thing I'm worried about.

2) The fee caps. Our healthcare industry is idiotic where if you're paying a doctor directly, you pay like 3 times as much. I want my policy to limit what they can charge, then I pay it.

Let's do the math. Even though I'm covered and pay my bills politicians in Washington DC don't like my policy. My quote is $650 a month more. That's $7,800 a year more in certain cost to save me from a worst case $10,000. Thanks for making this more affordable, Obama.

So, here's my plan. I am going to get another catastrophic policy, working on it now. So I will be paying for both a policy and the fine for not having a policy approved by politicians because it's still cheaper than getting a policy approved by politicians. Anyone remember the Democrats mentioning that when they sold us this bill of goods?

BTW, as of now, it's not clear the fine will be enforced, at least in the beginning. You should never lie on a tax form, but it's not clear what the IRS can or will do if you simply leave it blank and don't pay it. I'm going to figure paying it in my budget though.
are you and your wife under 30 years old Kaz? If you are, catastrophic health insurance plans are available for you to buy off the exchange marketplace....I don't know why they are there to buy, for those only under the age of 30, but it appears as though there may be some exception for catastrophic insurance that you should inquire about, again, if under the age of 30....

I posted the cost. ONE DOLLAR per year per spouse this year.

The 1 to 2 dollars is a SURCHARGE on top of the increases you moron.

Basically your thinking is binary. Liberal, or not liberal. And it's not good to be on the bad side of that call...

People here are accusing Obamacare of forcing UPS to change spousal coverage policy,

implying that this example is proof that Obama lied when he said you could keep your healthcare.

That is not true. UPS is not ending some spousal coverage for the sake of a few bucks charge associated with ACA,

they could collect that from the spouse, as many companies already do and already did before Obamacare.

UPS is ending spousal coverage because covering an extra person not employed by UPS, an d especially since that person has access to his or her own employer plan,

is a cost that UPS wants to get rid of.

My renewal came for my policy for myself, my wife and two daughters and the rate went from $410 a year to $1,066 a month. Why? Obama lied. I had insurance, Obama said I could keep my plan. I like my plan. I have catastrophic insurance. It comes with a $10,000 deductible, then pays pretty much everything. I've never hit the limit, so I've never gotten a dime. What I want:

1) Health "insurance" not health "care." If there's an actual big thing, like cancer or an automobile accident, then I want insurance for that. If one of those happen to my family, the $10K deductible will be the least thing I'm worried about.

2) The fee caps. Our healthcare industry is idiotic where if you're paying a doctor directly, you pay like 3 times as much. I want my policy to limit what they can charge, then I pay it.

Let's do the math. Even though I'm covered and pay my bills politicians in Washington DC don't like my policy. My quote is $650 a month more. That's $7,800 a year more in certain cost to save me from a worst case $10,000. Thanks for making this more affordable, Obama.

So, here's my plan. I am going to get another catastrophic policy, working on it now. So I will be paying for both a policy and the fine for not having a policy approved by politicians because it's still cheaper than getting a policy approved by politicians. Anyone remember the Democrats mentioning that when they sold us this bill of goods?

BTW, as of now, it's not clear the fine will be enforced, at least in the beginning. You should never lie on a tax form, but it's not clear what the IRS can or will do if you simply leave it blank and don't pay it. I'm going to figure paying it in my budget though.
are you and your wife under 30 years old Kaz? If you are, catastrophic health insurance plans are available for you to buy off the exchange marketplace....I don't know why they are there to buy, for those only under the age of 30, but it appears as though there may be some exception for catastrophic insurance that you should inquire about, again, if under the age of 30....

I'm not under 30

People here are accusing Obamacare of forcing UPS to change spousal coverage policy,

implying that this example is proof that Obama lied when he said you could keep your healthcare.

That is not true. UPS is not ending some spousal coverage for the sake of a few bucks charge associated with ACA,

they could collect that from the spouse, as many companies already do and already did before Obamacare.

UPS is ending spousal coverage because covering an extra person not employed by UPS, an d especially since that person has access to his or her own employer plan,

is a cost that UPS wants to get rid of.

UPS did not say it is only Obamacare, but they did say that Obamacare was a factor along with rising medical costs.

You also in several posts said it wasn't Obama's fault my rates are going up because Obama didn't set the rate, not grasping I was pointing out that Obama's regulations are driving up costs, which is what I was blaming for higher prices. You and i have also had the discussion frequently before where you didn't grasp that if a company's costs go up, their prices will too. It wasn't just this comment.

Do your employees get spousal coverage?

Forum List

Back