Obama's mentor

Thanks for posting the text, do you have a problem with this excerpt below?

"I am not concerned if this faith in people is regarded as a
prime truth and therefore a contradiction of what I have already written, for
life is a story of contradictions. Believing in people, the radical has the job
of organizing them so that they will have the power and opportunity to best

* Some say it's no coincidence that the question mark is an inverted plow, breaking up
the hard soil of old beliefs and preparing for the new growth.

Rules for Radicals 12

meet each unforeseeable future crisis as they move ahead in their eternal
search for those values of equality, justice, freedom, peace, a deep
concern for the preciousness of human life, and all those rights and values
propounded by
Judaeo-Christianity and the democratic political tradition.
Democracy is not an end but the best means toward achieving these
values.
This is my credo for which I live and, if need be, die. "

Thats funny, you picked out a couple of sentences and posted them without the context. How about reading the entire piece? If you do, it is very clear that the OP is an accurate summation of Alinsky's rules for radical change.

It also shows a very clear connection to what is being done in this country today.

Ignore this reality at your peril. when the czars take power, you will be as miserable as everyone else.

Ignorance will bring down this nation if we let it. WAKE UP

That's funny that you would say that to me when you did even LESS in your OP. :lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/363083-obama-s-mentor.html#post9380019

I would like to see you back your "summation" up with excerpts from the book that Wildman posted a link to for the text of the book.

Show me in the book where he allegedly advocates an oligarchy, that would be a good start.

you have been shown, if you are unable to see that is your issue, not mine.

Have you done a google search on alinsky or rules for radicals? have you done anything but hurl baseless claims like "you didn't back it up"? have you read the parts of obama's books where he talks about alinsky?

of course you haven't, because you have no use for the truth when the truth verifies that your beloved obama is a fraud and a traitor.

Thanks for posting the text, do you have a problem with this excerpt below?

"I am not concerned if this faith in people is regarded as a
prime truth and therefore a contradiction of what I have already written, for
life is a story of contradictions. Believing in people, the radical has the job
of organizing them so that they will have the power and opportunity to best

* Some say it's no coincidence that the question mark is an inverted plow, breaking up
the hard soil of old beliefs and preparing for the new growth.

Rules for Radicals 12

meet each unforeseeable future crisis as they move ahead in their eternal
search for those values of equality, justice, freedom, peace, a deep
concern for the preciousness of human life, and all those rights and values
propounded by
Judaeo-Christianity and the democratic political tradition.
Democracy is not an end but the best means toward achieving these
values.
This is my credo for which I live and, if need be, die. "

Thats funny, you picked out a couple of sentences and posted them without the context. How about reading the entire piece? If you do, it is very clear that the OP is an accurate summation of Alinsky's rules for radical change.

It also shows a very clear connection to what is being done in this country today.

Ignore this reality at your peril. when the czars take power, you will be as miserable as everyone else.

That's funny that you would say that to me when you did even LESS in your OP. :lol:

I would like to see you back your "summation" up with excerpts from the book that Wildman posted a link to for the text of the book.

Show me in the book where he allegedly advocates an oligarchy, that would be a good start.

It is obvious that Red has no intention of being honest here. He will take his lie to his death bed. That you are speaking to him as though he is of normal intelligence is all he needs to keep his place here. Treat him like he ought to be treated, please.

laugher

this is what I see when you post

"This message is hidden because LoneLaugher is on your ignore list."

go away, you are wasting space.

laugher

Not gonna happen, loser. You got duped. Then you lied. Now you are trying everything except admitting that you are a gullible idiot who is as dishonest as they come. You stupid, lying sack of shit.

It is obvious that Red has no intention of being honest here. He will take his lie to his death bed. That you are speaking to him as though he is of normal intelligence is all he needs to keep his place here. Treat him like he ought to be treated, please.

LOL, I would just like them to qualify and quantify their assertions and back up the stuff they are asserting. All it seems to turn into is a spastic dance away from the question on their part! It's actually quite comical to see it. :lol:

you have been shown, if you are unable to see that is your issue, not mine.

Have you done a google search on alinsky or rules for radicals? have you done anything but hurl baseless claims like "you didn't back it up"? have you read the parts of obama's books where he talks about alinsky?

of course you haven't, because you have no use for the truth when the truth verifies that your beloved obama is a fraud and a traitor.

No, I have not been "shown" anything SPECIFIC by you that actually backs up the claims that you made on the OP. Stating that "you didn't back it up", is not a baseless claim, it's the TRUTH. I haven't read any of Obama's books and really don't plant to, this is the first time I actually read any part of Alinsky's book and I would like you to provide some or even ONE excerpt from that book that backs up your claims.

You are the one who originally made the assertions and I am the one asking you to back up those assertions and you have yet to produce anything SPECIFIC. :)

"Tea Party leader and "the co-founder of Top Conservatives on Twitter" Michael Patrick Leahy has written an entire book based off of Alinsky's "shocking" work, deftly entitled: Rules for Conservative Radicals: Lessons from Saul Alinsky[!] the Tea Party Movement and the Apostle Paul in the Age of Collaborative Technologies. In his book, "Leahy argues that today's conservative radical should follow the tactics of Saul Alinsky, but apply the morals and ethics of Martin Luther King."

And Leahy is not the only conservative poisoned by what right-wing blogger Pamela Geller calls "the mother's milk of the left."

Conservative "hero" and Fox News' favorite investigative journalist James O'Keefe is also a fan. The Los Angeles Times reported that O'Keefe found an "unlikely source of inspiration" in Alinsky and O'Keefe "took to heart" Alinsky's principle :eusa_whistle:

The right-wing media hates Alinsky, except when he's shaping their movement | Blog | Media Matters for America

Seems like all the white christian party doinks have the same talking points today an yesterday, then come to find out :Thursday, July 3, 2014
Myths About Saul Alinsky (and Obama)
Lately, right wing sources have been circulating a ficticious set of 8 "levels of control" or "How to create a social state" that Saul Alinsky was supposed to have written, which led off with
1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people

The Real Truth Project: Myths About Saul Alinsky (and Obama)

The rightwing doinks show their low IQ level by being lead around by their nose

Let's recap.

Redfish was reminded of Alinsky by someone, somewhere. He was given the chain mail listing the absolutely ludicrous "8 rules" that just happen to correspond to every major nutjob talking point of today.

He absolutely believed that those "8 rules"....(especially the first one) were written by Alinsky and then followed religiously by Obama. He had never read...or even seen....excerpts from the actual Alinsky work. He simply bought the bullshit that these were the words and teachings of Alinsky.

Now....once he was shown that he was a gullible idiot...and that Alinsky never wrote anything remotely similar to those "8 rules"...and therefore, Obama did not...cannot....follow them....he went into his full on nutter mode. He found something that contained Alinsky's real rules. These are nothing like the "8 rules" that he put into the OP. Not in any way. No relationship whatsoever. So...he lies. He says that the OP was just meant to be summary of the real rules. As if he knew what the actual rules were the whole time.

Holy shit! He actually thought we would buy it. This is a straight up lie.....a complete fabrication. And he has been repeating the lie for a day now.

Is it possible to mock this gullible, lying sack of shit enough? I think not.

Last edited:
Code:
Seems like all the white christian party doinks have the same talking points today an yesterday, then come to find out :Thursday, July 3, 2014
Myths About Saul Alinsky (and Obama)
Lately, right wing sources have been circulating a ficticious set of 8 "levels of control" or "How to create a social state" that Saul Alinsky was supposed to have written, which led off with
1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people

The Real Truth Project: Myths About Saul Alinsky (and Obama)

The rightwing doinks show their low IQ level by being lead around by their nose

Alinsky was brilliant, a mastermind, who studied Communism and The Mafia, among others, on how he felt a society could be managed. The most brilliant among his "rules" was to hold everyone accountable to their rules; but, have no rules nor be accountable himself. I don't think he liked the USA, Capitalism, nor do I think he was moved to help the Middle Class and The Poor as much as he was motivated to exploit their plight and hope for his own goal: Control. As I stated before, I think a strong Middle Class was the biggest threat to his goal as a string Middle Class means a society full of hope for prosperity.

Last edited:
This has been posted before, but lest we forget:

Recall that Hillary did her college thesis on his writings and Obama writes about him in his books.

Which books? I don't know of any mention of Saul Alinsky in either Dreams from my Father or The Audacity of Hope. So are you referring some other books?

Saul Alinsky died about 43 years ago, but his writings influenced those in political control of our nation today.

Recall that Hillary did her college thesis on his writings and Obama writes about him in his books.

Saul David Alinsky, a writer, was an American community organizer and writer. He is generally considered to be the founder of the modern community organizing movement. He is most noted for his book Rules for Radicals.

Died: June 12, 1972, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA

Education: University of Chicago Spouse: Irene Alinsky

Books: Rules for Radicals, Reveille for Radicals

Anyone out there think that this stuff isn't happening today in the U.S.?

All eight rules are currently in play.

How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky:

There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state. The first is the most important.

1) Healthcare– Control healthcare and you control the people.

2) Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

3) Debt - Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.

4) Gun Control– Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives. (Food, Housing, and Income)

6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.

7) Religion – Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.

8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Does any of this sound like what is happening to the United States?

Alinsky merely simplified Vladimir Lenin's original scheme for world conquest by communism, under Russian rule. Stalin described his converts as "Useful Idiots." The Useful Idiots have destroyed every nation in which they have seized power and control. It is presently happening at an alarming rate in the U.S.

Wait....didn't Snopes already prove that the above list was a hoax?

laugher

Only wusses use the 'ignore' list.

Well....to be fair......look at what I did to him in this thread. Can you blame him for not wanting to go through such embarrassment? I have the best time dealing with really stupid people.....who.....for some reason.....don't know that they are stupid.

Saul Alinsky died about 43 years ago, but his writings influenced those in political control of our nation today.

Saul David Alinsky, a writer, was an American community organizer and writer. He is generally considered to be the founder of the modern community organizing movement. He is most noted for his book Rules for Radicals.

There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state. The first is the most important.

2) Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

3) Debt - Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.

4) Gun Control– Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives. (Food, Housing, and Income)

6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.

8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Alinsky merely simplified Vladimir Lenin's original scheme for world conquest by communism, under Russian rule. Stalin described his converts as "Useful Idiots." The Useful Idiots have destroyed every nation in which they have seized power and control. It is presently happening at an alarming rate in the U.S.

Nice - this is NOT what he wrote!

Look...

How to Create a Social State

Always remember the first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

The second rule is: Never go outside the experience of your people. When an action is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear, and retreat.

The third rule is: Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.

The fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.

The fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.

The sixth rule is: A good tactic is one that your people enjoy. If your people are not having a ball doing it, there is something very wrong with the tactic.

The seventh rule: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time, after which it becomes a ritualistic commitment, like going to church on Sunday mornings.

The eighth rule: Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.

The ninth rule: The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.

The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.

The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative.

The twelfth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. You cannot risk being trapped by the enemy in his sudden agreement with your demand and saying "You're right — we don't know what to do about this issue. Now you tell us."

The thirteenth rule: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Read more at snopes.com: Saul Alinsky: How to Create a Social State

Jeeez, you assholes are fucking gullible! Still looking for a way to get Glen Beck to offer you "end of the world hide-out swamp land!"

Origins: Saul Alinsky was the Chicago-born archaeology major who, in the midst of the Great Depression, dropped out of graduate school and became involved first with the labor movement and then with community organizing. It was in the latter field that he made his mark, working from the late 1930s through the early 1970s as a community organizer — first in poor areas of Chicago, and later in various cities across the U.S. — seeking (often through unconventional means) to "turn scattered, voiceless discontent into a united protest." Along the way he authored the books Reveille for Radicals and Rules for Radicals to provide "counsel to young radicals on how to effect constructive social change," the latter of which opened with the following explanation of its purpose:
What follows is for those who want to change the world from what it is to what they believe it should be. The Prince was written by Machiavelli for the Haves on how to hold power. Rules for Radicals is written for the Have-Nots on how to take it away.
Critics of President Barack Obama (who also worked as a community organizer in Chicago prior to embarking on his political career) have often linked his name with that of Saul Alinsky, sometimes in ways that suggest the two men knew each other and/or worked together. However, they never met: Alinsky died of a heart attack in 1972, when Barack

Obama was but a ten-year-old child living in Hawaii. (Another prominent Democrat, former senator and secretary of state Hillary Clinton, did write her senior thesis on the topic of "An Analysis of the Alinsky Model" while she was a student at Wellesley College in 1969.)

The above-quoted list of steps for "How to create a social state," circulated in January 2014, is another example of a political linking of the names of Saul Alinsky and Barack Obama. It's not something taken from the actual writings of Saul Alinsky, though, and to those familiar with his background it doesn't even sound like something he would have written (e.g., the line about "controlling health care" is anachronistic for his era, and the idea of "increasing the poverty level as high as possible" is the very antithesis of what Alinsky worked to achieve). This piece is simply a modern variant of the decades-old, apocryphal Communist Rules for Revolution piece which was originally passed along without attribution until Alinsky's name became attached to it (presumably because someone out there thought it sounded like something Alinsky might have written).

Last edited:
Un-effing real! You have the unmitigated gall to post a bunch of horse-crap and ten minutes later, start taunting "LEEEBS" for not tearing you a new one!

Too funny!

Look...

Always remember the first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

The second rule is: Never go outside the experience of your people. When an action is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear, and retreat.

The third rule is: Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.

The fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.

The fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.

The sixth rule is: A good tactic is one that your people enjoy. If your people are not having a ball doing it, there is something very wrong with the tactic.

The seventh rule: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time, after which it becomes a ritualistic commitment, like going to church on Sunday mornings.

The eighth rule: Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.

The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.

The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative.

The twelfth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. You cannot risk being trapped by the enemy in his sudden agreement with your demand and saying "You're right — we don't know what to do about this issue. Now you tell us."

The thirteenth rule: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Jeeez, you assholes are fucking gullible! Still looking for a way to get Glen Beck to offer you "end of the world hide-out swamp land!"

Origins: Saul Alinsky was the Chicago-born archaeology major who, in the midst of the Great Depression, dropped out of graduate school and became involved first with the labor movement and then with community organizing. It was in the latter field that he made his mark, working from the late 1930s through the early 1970s as a community organizer — first in poor areas of Chicago, and later in various cities across the U.S. — seeking (often through unconventional means) to "turn scattered, voiceless discontent into a united protest." Along the way he authored the books Reveille for Radicals and Rules for Radicals to provide "counsel to young radicals on how to effect constructive social change," the latter of which opened with the following explanation of its purpose:
What follows is for those who want to change the world from what it is to what they believe it should be. The Prince was written by Machiavelli for the Haves on how to hold power. Rules for Radicals is written for the Have-Nots on how to take it away.
Critics of President Barack Obama (who also worked as a community organizer in Chicago prior to embarking on his political career) have often linked his name with that of Saul Alinsky, sometimes in ways that suggest the two men knew each other and/or worked together. However, they never met: Alinsky died of a heart attack in 1972, when Barack

Obama was but a ten-year-old child living in Hawaii. (Another prominent Democrat, former senator and secretary of state Hillary Clinton, did write her senior thesis on the topic of "An Analysis of the Alinsky Model" while she was a student at Wellesley College in 1969.)

The above-quoted list of steps for "How to create a social state," circulated in January 2014, is another example of a political linking of the names of Saul Alinsky and Barack Obama. It's not something taken from the actual writings of Saul Alinsky, though, and to those familiar with his background it doesn't even sound like something he would have written (e.g., the line about "controlling health care" is anachronistic for his era, and the idea of "increasing the poverty level as high as possible" is the very antithesis of what Alinsky worked to achieve). This piece is simply a modern variant of the decades-old, apocryphal Communist Rules for Revolution piece which was originally passed along without attribution until Alinsky's name became attached to it (presumably because someone out there thought it sounded like something Alinsky might have written).

same message, different words. If you libs can't see that then there is nothing more to be said.

The sad thing is that Alinsky's tactics work.

Should both parties implement them? Would that make the USA a better society?

Does the end always justify the means?

Is a win by cheating a good win?

Look...

same message, different words. If you libs can't see that then there is nothing more to be said.

The sad thing is that Alinsky's tactics work.

Should both parties implement them? Would that make the USA a better society?

Does the end always justify the means?

Is a win by cheating a good win?

I was wrong. He came back. And he's still lying. I wonder if anyone will aski him to explain how the list he posted in the OP is the same message as Alinsky's rules?

I really thought he'd beg off. But here he is.

Forum List

Back