Obligation to "society"

And yet, almost every one of those 7 billion forms some type of society. It is human nature and it just makes sense if you want to survive in the world

Each of those societies has some form of pooling of resources. Each has a mechanism for taking care of those who cannot take care of themselves.

It is only the Libertarians among us who seek to pull away from our instincts to form society, to enforce every man for himself and survival of the fittest.

That is why no societies embrace Libertarian ideals
Entirely irrelevant to the fact that your description of "society" is no more valid than anyone else's.

And your ideas on who libertarians are and their particular codes of ethics couldn't be more off track if they had to be.

Libertarians define society as fits their needs. They want the parts that they benefit but want to discard the parts that benefits others. The virtue of selfishness is typical Ayn Rand and makes any society dysfunctional
Oh, and you're not defining society as it fits your needs to carry on your line of bullshit?

The parts that benefit libertarians benefit everyone else...If you're to lazy to get up off your ass and be a benefit to the mythical "society", then shut your face and YOU move to the fucking island.

The "social contract" is as much a fictitious straw man as "society".

Of course.

There is no such thing as anything unless a group agrees to it.

Once agreed to, some see it as set in stone while others don't.
I am contractor...I have a very keen understanding of what contracts entail and what they don't.

The mythical straw man "social contract" is, in legal parlance, a contract of adhesion...Adhesion contracts have been deemed null and void ab initio (as though they never existed) in every court for at least the last three centuries.

I am coming more from the social constructionist point of view.

Everything is socially constructed in a society, including a social contract.

An agreement has to be agreed upon in order for a society to accept rules, laws and by laws.

Law is also socially constructed.

So as times change and trends change, so to do agreements and what society is willing to accept or reject.

Again, Amendments are one example where you might see this happen to reflect a society change.

Of course.

I am contractor...I have a very keen understanding of what contracts entail and what they don't.

The mythical straw man "social contract" is, in legal parlance, a contract of adhesion...Adhesion contracts have been deemed null and void ab initio (as though they never existed) in every court for at least the last three centuries.

An agreement has to be agreed upon in order for a society to accept rules, laws and by laws.

So as times change and trends change, so to do agreements and what society is willing to accept or reject.

Again, Amendments are one example where you might see this happen to reflect a society change.
The Constitution imposes no obligations upon the citizenry at large...It's a tract that politicians and bureaucrats swear an oath to uphold and protect.

Besides that, I didn't sign the Constitution...I didn't come into the world with a bill to be paid or an allegiance to be imposed upon me.

Entirely irrelevant to the fact that your description of "society" is no more valid than anyone else's.

And your ideas on who libertarians are and their particular codes of ethics couldn't be more off track if they had to be.

Libertarians define society as fits their needs. They want the parts that they benefit but want to discard the parts that benefits others. The virtue of selfishness is typical Ayn Rand and makes any society dysfunctional

No mostly they want people to be responsible for themselves and pay their own way and not to expect someone else to pay for them.

Once again, the virtue of selfishness

Every man for himself vs I am my brothers keeper

Oh, and you're not defining society as it fits your needs to carry on your line of bullshit?

The parts that benefit libertarians benefit everyone else...If you're to lazy to get up off your ass and be a benefit to the mythical "society", then shut your face and YOU move to the fucking island.

Typical libertarian dogma......Every man for himself and those who cannot keep up are discarded

No mostly they want people to be responsible for themselves and pay their own way and not to expect someone else to pay for them.

I can tell you never read anything but the cover.

Typical libertarian dogma......Every man for himself and those who cannot keep up are discarded
Typical lefloon stereotyping and bigotry.

You can't bring any intellectual ammo to the table, so smear and defame.

The social contract has socially constructed obligations to individuals and in exchange for that some agreed upon responsibilities to society.

The social contract has socially constructed obligations to individuals and in exchange for that some agreed upon responsibilities to society.

Of course.

Please itemize those responsibilities.

They change over time since everything is socially constructed, human beings change their mind, opinions and wants, desires and as such they influence those changes in the socially constructed agreement that makes a society, an amendment would be an example of change.

The Constitution imposes no obligations upon the citizenry at large...It's a tract that politicians and bureaucrats swear an oath to uphold and protect.

Besides that, I didn't sign the Constitution...I didn't come into the world with a bill to be paid or an allegiance to be imposed upon me.

The idea of "law" "court" "society" is a socially constructed perception. (a role human beings created and gave a name to, it has power because enough people agree it does)

Human Beings made all this up and have called it a government.

When we start from there we can also see that as society evolves trends, cultures and attitudes influence changes made into that social structured society.

This is why some people who are against a lot of the rules opt-out and live off the grid they don't want to agree to the social terms that the majority is making.

Typical Libertarian deflection

We will define what we aren't, but refuse to define what we are

Herein above, clearly stated is odd-dude's entire ideology, "It's all about Me, Myself and I"; "fuck the rest of you"..

Last edited:

Herein above, clearly stated is odd-dude's entire ideology, "It's all about Me, Myself and I"; "fuck the rest of you"..

Once again reflecting the typical Libertarian mindset. Leave me alone while I am doing well but you damned well better help me when I need it

I like being part of a society that helps the impoverished, elderly and children.

I do understand that not everyone wants to do that and that over 200 years ago historically speaking, that society created a document with verbiage that gave them a right not have to.

Today's society wants to change things and have used the venue of amendments.

I still think that the original document is outdated and had a social bias in that at the time it was constructed women, and blacks had no right to contribute ideals to it and no voting rights to agree to what was constructed.

So to have to hold it's value as if it's some kind of holy book of government seems silly to me.

But what should those folks do who want to live in a more leave-me-alone and I will leave-you-alone society do?

Last edited:

Indeed...If you're not a sociopathic commie like you, then you're a total anarchist.

How you ended up as a cop (and I doubt that claim), I'll never know.

Typical Libertarian deflection

We will define what we aren't, but refuse to define what we are
No deflection at all.

Your churlish and bigoted stereotypes leave nothing to defend against, besides churlishness and bigotry.

Indeed...If you're not a sociopathic commie like you, then you're a total anarchist.

How you ended up as a cop (and I doubt that claim), I'll never know.

The last phrase is the first time you've shown some introspection. Good for you.
The fact is, you'd make a lousy investigator.

False dichotomy.

And if you feel you have the right to be someone's keeper as you say then you are the one with issues.

And you still haven't answered my question.

What obligation does one have to "society" other than obeying the law?

False dichotomy.

And if you feel you have the right to be someone's keeper as you say then you are the one with issues.

As I have said numerous times on this thread. You benefit greatly from society and have an obligation to contribute.

False dichotomy.

As I have said numerous times on this thread. You benefit greatly from society and have an obligation to contribute.

Contribute what?

False dichotomy.

Contribute what?

Money, time, labor

Forum List

Back