Ocasio-Cortez calls out CBS for not assigning a 'single black journalist to cover '20

Why should she? They have Puerto Ricans and Blacks as well.
They lack diversity.
BET was started due to a lack of diversity.

The NFL, NBA all have whites in them. Dont get mad they are not like Nascar.
You miss the point. First off, BET didn’t come about until 20 years after civil rights. Putting the focus on specific skin color in the name of racial diversity is utter hypocrisy.
The NFL and NBA seem OK with disparities rooted in meritocracy but wherever that happens and it’s mostly ‘white’ somehow that’s a problem.
More hypocrisy.
So what BET came along after civil rights? What does that have to do with anything? Its not my fault the vast majority of american white boys are afraid of competing against Blacks in the NBA. The european white boys seem to have way more heart. Pointing out a lack of inclusion is always a good thing. If you dont like it then dont vote for her. :rolleyes:
I’m pointing out hypocrisy; hers and yours.
Tough shit. There is no hypocrisy though. :rolleyes:

But she has no issue with BET, NFL, NBA, CBC, etc.
They lack diversity.

You miss the point. First off, BET didn’t come about until 20 years after civil rights. Putting the focus on specific skin color in the name of racial diversity is utter hypocrisy.
The NFL and NBA seem OK with disparities rooted in meritocracy but wherever that happens and it’s mostly ‘white’ somehow that’s a problem.
More hypocrisy.
So what BET came along after civil rights? What does that have to do with anything? Its not my fault the vast majority of american white boys are afraid of competing against Blacks in the NBA. The european white boys seem to have way more heart. Pointing out a lack of inclusion is always a good thing. If you dont like it then dont vote for her. :rolleyes:
And I’m not the one bitching about diversity. Those who do are hypocritically selective in the process.

They lack diversity.

More hypocrisy.
I’m pointing out hypocrisy; hers and yours.
Tough shit. There is no hypocrisy though. :rolleyes:
It is utter hypocrisy on multiple levels.

The woman sounds like she is gonna be a crap stirring, trouble making, racist who is gonna be just as bad as her nemesis Michelle Obama was.

Good grief, not again. Say it ain't so, say it ain't so.
Right, only fat old orange men are allowed to act that way. Oh, and you. But that's it.

Not enough whites though, but whose counting anyway ?? Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot.
Whites have to practice harder and be more confident. Those leagues are just begging for white superstars. Hasnt been an american one since god knows when.
The NFL adopted rules to make white QBs more likely and NBA adopted the 3-pt line to enable white shooters. Both still require meritocracies however. The market insists.

Not enough whites though, but whose counting anyway ?? Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot.
Whites have to practice harder and be more confident. Those leagues are just begging for white superstars. Hasnt been an american one since god knows when.
The NFL adopted rules to make white QBs more likely and NBA adopted the 3-pt line to enable white shooters. Both still require meritocracies however. The market insists.
Not really. NBA is currently making more money than ever before. The best 3pt shooters are Black.
Dont know much about that white QB claim but I wouldnt doubt it. If the market insisted we would see it reflected in revenues.

The European/American "white" player phenomenon is largely the result of the way "white" players are developed in the U.S.: by AGE GROUP. This is largely the result of wanting to develop players in SCHOOL-RELATED leagues, rather than according to talent level.

Since EUROPE does not support the idiocy of "school teams," their players develop independently of their age. The best 12 year olds in in Europe (basketball, soccer, tennis, hockey) are playing against 16-year olds. The best 12-year-old white kids in the U.S. are playing against OTHER 12's, where their development is stymied by a lack of competition.

Among "Blacks" playing basketball, most talent development happens "in the playground" where, again, age is irrelevant, and not in "school ball."

If "we" started developing white kids according to talent level, and not grade/age, white kids would be more competitive in basketball, but never at the top level. Talent will always prevail.

Actually, liberals holding liberals’ feet to their own stupid fire is something I’d like to see a bunch more.

It’d be great to socially force CBS to “make up” for all the years it didn’t use black transvestite bestiality midgets in reporting and anchor roles!

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y) criticized CBS News Saturday night for what she considered lack of diversity in its team of reporters covering the upcoming 2020 presidential election.

“This WH admin has made having a functional understanding of race in America one of the most important core competencies for a political journalist to have, yet [CBS News] hasn’t assigned a *single* black journalist to cover the 2020 election,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a tweet.

“Unacceptable in 2019. Try again,” Ocasio-Cortez added.

Read more at thehill.com ...

Obsessed with skin color.

Sign of low character!!!....ALL ABNORMALS are obsessed with this!

Bc skin color must trump credentials, says the supposed non-racist LOL.

Interesting...so is an NBA player with a white parent and a black parent automatically considered black? Is it the black genes or the white ones that make Steph Curry the best player in the league right now? Gosh, what an uncomfortable question for racists like yourself, Milkweed!

Not really. NBA is currently making more money than ever before. The best 3pt shooters are Black.
Dont know much about that white QB claim but I wouldnt doubt it. If the market insisted we would see it reflected in revenues.

Black people are generally more athletically gifted. We shouldn’t be selecting anyone based on their skin color. It defies logic and people who think we should select positions based on skin color are racist whether they’re willing to acknowledge it or not. Cortez is saying that race matters more than credentials, specifically that whites aren’t good enough. How anyone can’t see how this opinion doesn’t stem from a racist mindset is beyond me.

Someone might tell her despite all the Democrats saying they are running or thinking about running in 2020 the election cycle has not really begun yet so she might consider focusing on more immediate issues rather than what the race of those covering the election in 2020 are.

Black people are generally more athletically gifted. We shouldn’t be selecting anyone based on their skin color. It defies logic and people who think we should select positions based on skin color are racist whether they’re willing to acknowledge it or not. Cortez is saying that race matters more than credentials, specifically that whites aren’t good enough. How anyone can’t see how this opinion doesn’t stem from a racist mindset is beyond me.

Declaring someone needs to be black to cover politics is nothing more than establishing a quota system...which means any black person that GOT that job would automatically be viewed as unqualified. Cortez obviously believes in quotas.

I for one as a Democrat and will vote for all Democrats, would like her to shut up and learn. Get the heck off of twitter.

So even though you think she’s ignorant you’d still vote for her?

I never said she was ignorant and I don't live in her district, but yes, better than a Con or Republican. Did you vote for Trump/Pence?

. I was scolded for calling a moron a moron. Her name is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez I was told.

I for one as a Democrat and will vote for all Democrats, would like her to shut up and learn. Get the heck off of twitter.

So even though you think she’s ignorant you’d still vote for her?

I never said she was ignorant and I don't live in her district, but yes, better than a Con or Republican. Did you vote for Trump/Pence?

So what you're admitting, Penelope...is that you'll vote for an idiot simply because they have a D after their name on the ballot box...which pretty much explains why Cortez is now in Congress.

Forum List

Back