Ocasio-Cortez calls out CBS for not assigning a 'single black journalist to cover '20

"Did you just call anyone who acknowledges they are partially white a "step and fetch it"?"
Nope. How did you get that idea?

I dont know Currys mom so it doesnt make her anything other than another Black person that happens to have caucasian DNA like most Black people in the US. News flash. His dad undoubtedly has some caucasian DNA as well.

You keep dodging the question, Milkweed.

And I got that idea because you used the term to describe biracial players that identify as partially white. Why you think THAT makes them a "step and fetch it" is something you'll have to explain!
What question oldguy?

No I didnt say that. You are confused or lack reading comprehension. Try reading what I said again and tell me exactly where you got confused. :rolleyes:

"Yep. Ask any player in the NBA that is biracial if he is Black or white and they will tell you they are Black/African etc 99.9% of the time. I only leave out that .1% because there may be a step and fetch it or two."
How did you turn that into any Black person that identifies as part white is a step and fetch it? I am part white. Irish to be exact. :rolleyes:

You just claimed that 99.9% of the biracial players in the NBA would say that they were Black and then claimed that the .1% that might claim to be partially white was a "step and fetch it"! Then you turn around and try and claim that I lack reading comprehension? You're not only a racist...you don't hide it well!
Nope. You dont even see the word "partially" in my comment. I thought you were confused but it turns out you cant read. :rolleyes:

""Yep. Ask any player in the NBA that is biracial if he is Black or white and they will tell you they are Black/African etc 99.9% of the time. I only leave out that .1% because there may be a step and fetch it or two.""

Can you show me where I used the phrase "partially white"?

Actually, liberals holding liberals’ feet to their own stupid fire is something I’d like to see a bunch more.

It’d be great to socially force CBS to “make up” for all the years it didn’t use black transvestite bestiality midgets in reporting and anchor roles!

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y) criticized CBS News Saturday night for what she considered lack of diversity in its team of reporters covering the upcoming 2020 presidential election.

“This WH admin has made having a functional understanding of race in America one of the most important core competencies for a political journalist to have, yet [CBS News] hasn’t assigned a *single* black journalist to cover the 2020 election,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a tweet.

“Unacceptable in 2019. Try again,” Ocasio-Cortez added.

Read more at thehill.com ...

Obsessed with skin color.

Sign of low character!!!....ALL ABNORMALS are obsessed with this!

She's a fuckin' racist!! And a dumbfuck. Perfect Democrat politician!! :113:

You keep dodging the question, Milkweed.

And I got that idea because you used the term to describe biracial players that identify as partially white. Why you think THAT makes them a "step and fetch it" is something you'll have to explain!
What question oldguy?

No I didnt say that. You are confused or lack reading comprehension. Try reading what I said again and tell me exactly where you got confused. :rolleyes:

"Yep. Ask any player in the NBA that is biracial if he is Black or white and they will tell you they are Black/African etc 99.9% of the time. I only leave out that .1% because there may be a step and fetch it or two."
How did you turn that into any Black person that identifies as part white is a step and fetch it? I am part white. Irish to be exact. :rolleyes:

You just claimed that 99.9% of the biracial players in the NBA would say that they were Black and then claimed that the .1% that might claim to be partially white was a "step and fetch it"! Then you turn around and try and claim that I lack reading comprehension? You're not only a racist...you don't hide it well!
Nope. You dont even see the word "partially" in my comment. I thought you were confused but it turns out you cant read. :rolleyes:

""Yep. Ask any player in the NBA that is biracial if he is Black or white and they will tell you they are Black/African etc 99.9% of the time. I only leave out that .1% because there may be a step and fetch it or two.""

Are you really that oblivious that you don't realize what an offensive statement it was that you made?

What question oldguy?

Are you really that oblivious that you don't realize what an offensive statement it was that you made?
Are you really going to deflect and not answer my question before asking me a question?

Are you really going to deflect and not answer my question before asking me a question?

You just accused biracial players in the NBA of being "step and fetch it's" if they claimed to be partially white! Do you even know who Stepn Fetchit was and why that's not only totally inaccurate as a description of biracial players but also totally offensive?

You just accused biracial players in the NBA of being "step and fetch it's" if they claimed to be partially white! Do you even know who Stepn Fetchit was and why that's not only totally inaccurate as a description of biracial players but also totally offensive?
If I made that claim why cant you quote me saying that? :rolleyes:

Yes I know who step and fetch it is.

Is Blake Griffin a Stepn Fetchit? He's proud of his biracial makeup.
Did Blake Griffin ever say he wasnt African American or Black? If he did then he is a step and fetch it.

Blake Griffin says he's half white and half black...and he's rather proud of that fact. According to you...that makes him a "step and fetch it"! Which makes you a flaming racist!

The European/American "white" player phenomenon is largely the result of the way "white" players are developed in the U.S.: by AGE GROUP. This is largely the result of wanting to develop players in SCHOOL-RELATED leagues, rather than according to talent level.

Since EUROPE does not support the idiocy of "school teams," their players develop independently of their age. The best 12 year olds in in Europe (basketball, soccer, tennis, hockey) are playing against 16-year olds. The best 12-year-old white kids in the U.S. are playing against OTHER 12's, where their development is stymied by a lack of competition.

Among "Blacks" playing basketball, most talent development happens "in the playground" where, again, age is irrelevant, and not in "school ball."

If "we" started developing white kids according to talent level, and not grade/age, white kids would be more competitive in basketball, but never at the top level. Talent will always prevail.

Do you have this bullshit stored as a document so you can cut and paste it whenever the mood strikes you?

High school teams in my state and many others can play 7th graders on varsity while they are in feeder middle schools. Your uneducated presumption is your error.

Why should she? They have Puerto Ricans and Blacks as well.
Not enough whites though, but whose counting anyway ?? Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot.
Whites have to practice harder and be more confident. Those leagues are just begging for white superstars. Hasnt been an american one since god knows when.
The NFL adopted rules to make white QBs more likely and NBA adopted the 3-pt line to enable white shooters. Both still require meritocracies however. The market insists.
Not really. NBA is currently making more money than ever before. The best 3pt shooters are Black.
Dont know much about that white QB claim but I wouldnt doubt it. If the market insisted we would see it reflected in revenues.

Black people are generally more athletically gifted. We shouldn’t be selecting anyone based on their skin color. It defies logic and people who think we should select positions based on skin color are racist whether they’re willing to acknowledge it or not. Cortez is saying that race matters more than credentials, specifically that whites aren’t good enough. How anyone can’t see how this opinion doesn’t stem from a racist mindset is beyond me.

Yeah, tell that to all those black swimmers who won the gold medal at the Olympics. Otherwise, you are spot on!

Did Blake Griffin ever say he wasnt African American or Black? If he did then he is a step and fetch it.

Blake Griffin says he's half white and half black...and he's rather proud of that fact. According to you...that makes him a "step and fetch it"! Which makes you a flaming racist!
Thats his genetic makeup and you avoided the question. Did Blake Griffin ever say he was not African American or Black?

But she has no issue with BET, NFL, NBA, CBC, etc.
Not enough whites though, but whose counting anyway ?? Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot.
Whites have to practice harder and be more confident. Those leagues are just begging for white superstars. Hasnt been an american one since god knows when.

Larry Byrd

Larry Byrd
At least spell his name right. Larry Bird hasnt played in the NBA since the early 90's.

Larry Byrd
Larry Bird hasnt played in the NBA since the early 90's.

Right, its been a while

Thats his genetic makeup and you avoided the question. Did Blake Griffin ever say he was not African American or Black?

Blake Griffin does not refer to himself as Black or African American because he's biracial. Blake Griffin would tell you to your face that you're an idiot for claiming that he has to say he's black or he's a "step and fetch it"!

Forum List

Back