Ocasio-Cortez, Raskin to introduce legislation to ‘rein in a fundamentally unaccountable and rogue’ Supreme Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good thing! Fuck SCOTUS! A piece of shit organization of fucked up conservative judges. Fuck Alito and Thomas! I hope both of them commit suicide!
more evidence that if something doesn't go a demofks way it useless. Only they are allowed,

That describes every one of our Democrats, here.

They never learned about checks and balances. They don't WANT checks and balances. All they want is one party rule by and for the elites

All of that is true.

But let's be honest.

They want whatever they're told to want.

I recall having a debate with a Leftoid during the COVID-lockdown monstrosity, and I gave them facts straight from studies comprised of doctors/virologists from Hartford, Stamford, Yale etc....

And the response was literally:

"I've been TOLD that doing your own research is dangerous right now with all the DISINFORMATION!"

These people are dangerous, irresponsible muppets who have concocted their entire World view based around what they hear on corporate "NEWS"; and so of course that means they believe it's actually us who suffer from such a delusional malady.

Last edited:
That describes every one of our Democrats, here.

They never learned about checks and balances. They don't WANT checks and balances. All they want is one party rule by and for the elites
they are sub servient humans who need a leader to tell them what to do.

All of that is true.

But let's be honest.

They want whatever they're told to want.

I recall having a debate with a Leftoid during the COVID-lockdown monstrosity, and I gave them facts straight from studies comprised of doctors/virologists from Hartford, Stamford, Yale etc....

And the response was literally:

"I've been TOLD that doing your own research is dangerous right now with all the DISINFORMATION!"

These people are dangerous, irresponsible muppets who have concocted their entire World view based around what they hear on corporate "NEWS"; and so of course that means they believe it's actually us who suffer from such a delusional malady.
They are the proles from 1984.

View attachment 961639
Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) said Tuesday they will introduce legislation in response to the increased ethics concerns related to the Supreme Court.

“Congressman Raskin and myself will be introducing forthcoming legislation to even have the Supreme Court be subject to the same $50 gift rule that he and I are subject to, as everyone else who are members of Congress,” AOC added later.

"Does the new legislation say anything about bad about obtaining gold bars to Congressmen?" asked Congressman Bob Menendez.

"No, of course not" said AOC. "Don't be silly. Gold good, money bad."

"Am I going to have to give up making money in the stock market?" asked Nancy Pelosi.

"Sheer insanity!" screamed AOC. "Just because you are the world's best stock picker is not a crime. In fact, I have made millions of dollars after being elected as well and deserved them, unlike those in the Supreme Court. What makes them so supreme anyway? Do they are just a court. It's not like they are a branch of the Federal government like we are?."

I'll tell you what.

Let's pass this wonderful piece of legislation with the uncompromisable condition that it will only kick in the moment that liberals gain a majority on the Supreme Court...and then see if it passes.

I wouldn’t disagree with this. I say all members of government need to be held to ethical standards. I also think every member of congress should be forced to undergo mandatory audits every 6 months so we can see where their wealth is coming from, and the first audit should be retroactive to up to 25 years ago, so we can see where current members have gained all of their wealth.

Members net worth should be updated once a month for all the country to see, so if we someone who joined Congress 2 or 3 years ago and suddenly has a net worth of 4 million (example), then people can raise questions about that.

I'll tell you what.

Let's pass this wonderful piece of legislation with the uncompromisable condition that it will only kick in the moment that liberals gain a majority on the Supreme Court...and then see if it passes.
That’s a good idea. I have a feeling that legislation would “get lost” suddenly.

AOC and Raskin's bill is going nowhere.

Senate Republicans block Democrats' Supreme Court ethics bill

WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans on Wednesday blocked a Democratic-sponsored bill that would require Supreme Court justices to adopt a binding code of conduct.

“The highest court in the land cannot and should not have the lowest ethical standards,” Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said in a floor speech before the motion.

Durbin took to the Senate floor Wednesday and sought to pass the Supreme Court Ethics, Recusal, and Transparency (SCERT) Act by “unanimous consent,” which immediately faced Republican opposition.

As he promised to do Tuesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., led a group of GOP senators in blocking the Democratic request, effectively stalling the legislation.

Repubs don't want to stop Harlan Crow's largesse from flowing to Clarence.

I wouldn’t disagree with this. I say all members of government need to be held to ethical standards. I also think every member of congress should be forced to undergo mandatory audits every 6 months so we can see where their wealth is coming from, and the first audit should be retroactive to up to 25 years ago, so we can see where current members have gained all of their wealth.

Members net worth should be updated once a month for all the country to see, so if we someone who joined Congress 2 or 3 years ago and suddenly has a net worth of 4 million (example), then people can raise questions about that.
The real money is in speaking engagements. They receive fantastic sums in return for a little stump speech, and those paying them get legislative favors in return.

I'll tell you what.

If Rep's were pulling this crap with a liberal majority in the SCOTUS Dems would be squealing like stuck pigs.

Let's remember what set in motion the awesome 6-3 conservative majority in the SCOTUS...yeah Democrats scheming and nuclear option to RIG Senate confirmations. So when Reps won the majority they just played by the same Dem rules and Dems threw a hissy fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back