Of Course Pelosi Defends Conyers!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Defending Conyers is a political necessity for the Democrats.

1. Nancy Pelosi: John Conyers deserves ‘due process’

WASHINGTON — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi on Sunday urged “due process” before making conclusions about Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., following accusations of sexual harassment, saying the 27-term congressman is “an icon” who has worked to protect women.

“We are strengthened by due process. Just because someone is accused — and was it one accusation? Is it two?” Pelosi asked on “Meet The Press.”

Rep. Conyers steps down from committee leadership position amid harassment accusations

Conyers is worth 16 electoral votes.

2. But, the Dems can's take a chance on losing the black constituency....so, here we are.
They're pretty much saddled with this donkey.
"...what would happen if a smaller percentage of blacks turned out:

- At 90 percent black turn-out, Wisconsin’s 10 electoral votes slide into the GOP column.

- At 75 percent black turn-out, Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes go Republican.

- At 70 percent Michigan’s 17 electoral votes turn from blue to red.

- At 50 percent the GOP collects Delawre’s three electoral votes.

I don’t know what a realistic number to project is for the effects of angry black apathy, but I’ll stop at 50 percent. It may be that going as low as 75 percent is unrealistic. Most likely it’s impossible to say. (And this doesn’t take into account things like congressional districts where black voters make the margin of difference.)"
Do Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet

3. And....this, a while back:

"The Future of the Obama Coalition
By THOMAS B. EDSALL NOVEMBER 27, 2011 11:34 PM November 27, 2011 11:34 pm
For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class."
The Future of the Obama Coalition

But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment — professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists — and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic."
The Future of the Obama Coalition

Hillary Clinton Had No Concession Speech, Blames Loss On ‘White People’ [VIDEO] Hillary Clinton Had No Concession Speech, Blames Loss On ‘White People’ [VIDEO]

Of course, there is an alternative......Conyers steps down and some other experienced politician takes his place.....as long as he has the proper melanin, and hates white folks.

I suggest Robert Mugabe....he just became available.

"ZIMBABWE PRESIDENT ROBERT MUGABE: 'WE WILL NOT PROSECUTE KILLERS OF WHITE FARMERS'"
Robert Mugabe says that the killers of Zimbabwe's white farmers will not be prosecuted

After all.....it's always about race for Democrats.......

Of course, there is an alternative......Conyers steps down and some other experienced politician takes his place.....as long as he has the proper melanin, and hates white folks.

I suggest Robert Mugabe....he just became available.

"ZIMBABWE PRESIDENT ROBERT MUGABE: 'WE WILL NOT PROSECUTE KILLERS OF WHITE FARMERS'"
Robert Mugabe says that the killers of Zimbabwe's white farmers will not be prosecuted

After all.....it's always about race for Democrats.......

Always leave it to Nancy to pass up a chance to be objective. The case against Conyers was arbitrated and he lost, resulting in a payout of $27,000 of taxpayer hush money.

Always leave it to Nancy to pass up a chance to be objective. The case against Conyers was arbitrated and he lost, resulting in a payout of $27,000 of taxpayer hush money.
I hear it was his own office that paid it, not through the Congress, though.

She probably said that because there is already an investigation into the allegations by the Senate Ethics Committee.
Her statement that she didn't know what the allegations are, though, was pure disingenuousness.
It's all over Buzzfeed, in plenty of detail.

...and that money came from....

It comes from the same place Congress gets all it's money, from the money tree out back.
I have one of them holes, you know, a money pit...

The $27k settlement was, from what I understand, equal to the severance pay this woman would have received had she been terminated without "cause." In effect, it was a zero settlement for sexual harassment, just getting rid of a problem employee.

Often, even if an accusation is baseless, it is cheaper and wiser just to bay the bitch off and move on. I suspect this is what happened here. After all those years in Congress, if he had been a real horn-dog, there would be a lot of women in line to nail him. But I don't see that here.

It is entirely appropriate for Pelosi to go to bat for him in these circumstances.

Contributors? You want to call them "taxpayers," go ahead. I suppose we all technically pay taxes.

Buzzfeed obtained signed affidavits, three of which are notarized and verified the documents with four people involved in the matter who confirmed their authenticity. The woman was paid over $27,000 as part of a confidentiality agreement. The money came out of Conyers' office budget, which is taxpayer-funded.

Democratic Congressman Acknowledges Settlement, But Denies Sexual Harassment Claim

The $27k settlement was, from what I understand, equal to the severance pay this woman would have received had she been terminated without "cause." In effect, it was a zero settlement for sexual harassment, just getting rid of a problem employee.

Often, even if an accusation is baseless, it is cheaper and wiser just to bay the bitch off and move on. I suspect this is what happened here. After all those years in Congress, if he had been a real horn-dog, there would be a lot of women in line to nail him. But I don't see that here.

It is entirely appropriate for Pelosi to go to bat for him in these circumstances.

"Pay the bitch off"!!! Wow, aren't you the sexist pig of the day.

PC's bitching about a dem defending a dem ..

then you have Trumpbots who drop to their knees and suck Donnie which is perfectly fine, and within party protocol.

gee, who knew.

Since the woman had to sign a nondisclosure agreement that is pretty convenient for him. You don't have to fire with cause, so your statement there is funny.

Saw the accusermon tv . He yelled at her while in his boxer shorts .

Big f’n deal .

Contributors? You want to call them "taxpayers," go ahead. I suppose we all technically pay taxes.

Buzzfeed obtained signed affidavits, three of which are notarized and verified the documents with four people involved in the matter who confirmed their authenticity. The woman was paid over $27,000 as part of a confidentiality agreement. The money came out of Conyers' office budget, which is taxpayer-funded.

Democratic Congressman Acknowledges Settlement, But Denies Sexual Harassment Claim
You're preaching to the choir, you know, but I thank you for providing more detail to the other posters.

You're preaching to the choir, you know, but I thank you for providing more detail to the other posters.

Hold the C a bit longer please.

Hilarious.

I never cease to be amazed at the level of sophistry you people will employ in your hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back