Off grid living is illegal in FL? WTH?

What if they forceably connect her to the power grid and she can't afford to pay the electric bill. The electric company will cut her off. She'll be off the hook since it was the electric company who cut her off.

I would never suggest an absence of gov't. I would, however, say that requiring someone to be on the power grid and hooked on city water is an obvious overstepping of the bounds by the gov't.
I would agree with the electric but I can see occasions where getting water or eliminating waste could be a public concern. It may not be the case here, I just don't want to leap to conclusions.

For years, hubby and I did not use trash service. Every time he went to work, he would take a big trash bag..one for recycle, one for just trash, and dump them in the bins at the job he worked at...with permission from his employer. But then the city came by and said we HAD to have THEIR trash services. It was the law. We refused. Then they came by and dropped off 3 containers. Trash, recycle, greenery (leaves, branches, etc). They said they were going to bill us 40 bucks per month to empty those containers whether they were filled or not. We left them right where they placed them. The next month..we got the bill. We ignored it. Following month we got another bill. We knew it would keep going and going and going so....we had to relent and use them.

What pissed us off was, we were properly disposing of the trash/greenery/recyle at a local business so what matter did it make? It mattered that the damn city was not getting that extra 40 bucks a month.

I would never suggest an absence of gov't. I would, however, say that requiring someone to be on the power grid and hooked on city water is an obvious overstepping of the bounds by the gov't.
I would agree with the electric but I can see occasions where getting water or eliminating waste could be a public concern. It may not be the case here, I just don't want to leap to conclusions.

What they are using to convict her is a law requiring those hookups. I can see having standards to prevent pollution or health concerns, but this goes beyond that.

If the city or county needs to get water they have a utility right-of-way along the roadway. But forcing her to be connected to city water is beyond what the gov't should be able to do.

Forum List

Back