Offending Theists

I
So a Christian just said if we just called gay marriages civil unions they wouldn't be offended. Sound like american Taliban bs to me.

So we can draw pics of Mohammad. We know that.

We know you can't be anti semetic or prejudice towards blacks. Can't say the N word.

Remember the southpark episode on Mormons? Apparently they arent off limits.

You can make fun of catholic priests but they did that to themselves.

Anything else we can do for your religions? Nows the time to ask.

Always thought it kind of silly to hold fire from mocking religions. If your God's such a bad-ass he can defend himself can't he? Unless of course...:)
Heard an athiest talking about how in Islam religious authority isnt to be questioned. Christianity doesnt like it much either.

I wonder how much doubt these theists have. I suspect some doubt 1% and believe 99 there is a god then there are theists who are actually 51% believers. Any lower they start being agnostics or athiests.

I
So a Christian just said if we just called gay marriages civil unions they wouldn't be offended. Sound like american Taliban bs to me.

We know you can't be anti semetic or prejudice towards blacks. Can't say the N word.

Always thought it kind of silly to hold fire from mocking religions. If your God's such a bad-ass he can defend himself can't he? Unless of course...:)
Heard an athiest talking about how in Islam religious authority isnt to be questioned. Christianity doesnt like it much either.

I wonder how much doubt these theists have. I suspect some doubt 1% and believe 99 there is a god then there are theists who are actually 51% believers. Any lower they start being agnostics or athiests.

Easy to say you believe in God. But the proof is in how you then live. Judging by the money-obsessed nature of most religious people I think they're only using religion and supposed faith for selfish purposes. If they're so serious about saving the children in Africa from starvation for example you're telling me every megachurch alone in the US couldn't buy every African child a Lambourghini?

I

Easy to say you believe in God. But the proof is in how you then live. Judging by the money-obsessed nature of most religious people I think they're only using religion and supposed faith for selfish purposes. If they're so serious about saving the children in Africa from starvation for example you're telling me every megachurch alone in the US couldn't buy every African child a Lambourghini?
No shit! Most charities give 5% to the needy and keep the rest.

We can do better. As an athiest I look at christian america and say" is that the best you can do?"

So a Christian just said if we just called gay marriages civil unions they wouldn't be offended.

Out of curiosity, if a word was now coined that distinguished between heterosexual and homosexual unions, would you care? For example, if all heterosexual couples began to refer to themselves as wedded instead of married, would homosexual couples be content to still use married, or would they want to use wedded as well? If so, why?
there are gay folk who would object to most anything and wouldn't be happy until they could make Jesus gay as well and teach it in Sunday school
Dont worry. Gays won't change. Your religion will.
But God never changes. You're either with Him or against Him.

Last edited:
I

apparently, you haven't been paying attention to how the economy is doing. Lol

Who cares what they call it? Call it a marriage, civil-ceremony, love betrothing, whatever. Is your marriage really in jeopardy because of what someone else wants to call it?

Don't like gay marriages? Don't get one. Otherwise, live and let live.

So a Christian just said if we just called gay marriages civil unions they wouldn't be offended.

Out of curiosity, if a word was now coined that distinguished between heterosexual and homosexual unions, would you care? For example, if all heterosexual couples began to refer to themselves as wedded instead of married, would homosexual couples be content to still use married, or would they want to use wedded as well? If so, why?
there are gay folk who would object to most anything and wouldn't be happy until they could make Jesus gay as well and teach it in Sunday school
I'm not against god. I just dont believe gods exist.

I

apparently, you haven't been paying attention to how the economy is doing. Lol
What's the point? Evidence suggest the poorer you are the more religious you are.

And how is the economy doing? Seems pretty good to me. Are you not doing good? Should we make your employer give you a raise? Go back to school or start a business. Lol

Let's pretend, for a moment, that there is a God. God's word tell us that everyone is born with a instinctive knowledge of the Creator. Now, wouldn't the truth be that you have convinced yourself that God doesn't exist? Think about it.

Let's pretend, for a moment, that there is a God. God's word tell us that everyone is born with a instinctive knowledge of the Creator. Now, wouldn't the truth be that you have convinced yourself that God doesn't exist? Think about it.

Psychology a science explains the god hypothesis. What I am convinced is that god is an ancient primitive notion and its the 21st century. Follow astronomy not astrology.

Gay Couple May Sue Church Of England Following Passage Of Marriage Equality Bill
Gay Couple May Sue Church Of England Following Passage Of Marriage Equality Bill

Psychology a science explains the god hypothesis. What I am convinced is that god is an ancient primitive notion and its the 21st century. Follow astronomy not astrology.
we live in a intelligent and infinite universe

Maybe but if you have no evidence a god exists dont present it as an answer to any questions about the universe.

Maybe but if you have no evidence a god exists dont present it as an answer to any questions about the universe.
you mean like theoretical science does

There is plenty of evidence for the existence of God. You're simply too dimwitted to see it. Now, show me the evidence that life spontaneously created itself. Oh wait...there is none.

There is plenty of evidence for the existence of God. You're simply too dimwitted to see it. Now, show me the evidence that life spontaneously created itself. Oh wait...there is none.
So then we should admit we dont know and agree neither of us has a good answer.

I use to believe until I realized I was being asked to believe the unbelievable.

The only thing you and I agree on is that its amazing and I too would love to know the answers to all the questions like how did we get here but unlike you I'm not going to continue a superstitious belief when its just an ancient myth. Its time to start questioning the stories of the ancients.

You can be content with "must be god" I'll keep looking for the facts.

Show me evidence a creator created us. You have none. If you did god would be a scientific theory. Its not even a average theory. Doesnt qualify. Its only a hypothesis.

Just consider how stupid the Mormon and Mohammad stories are and realize Jesus is just as unbelievable.

And who created the creator? Or why do you just assume what made us is a god. Our creator might have parents. Grandparents too.

We can imagine a lot of wild things. Its OK until we start judging gays based on this hypothesis.

Forum List

Back