🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

Trying out this new format...

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
China81,093+393,270+972,7035,1201,74956
Italy59,1385,4767,02446,6383,000978
USA34,755+1,209452+3317834,125795105
Spain28,7681,7722,57524,4211,785615
Germany24,8739426624,51323297
Iran21,6381,6857,91312,040258
France16,0186742,20013,1441,74624

Cool.

Now you can go back to celebrating how we're third in world with number of cases. Are you gonna pop the champagne if we become second?

Isn't that "special" how you can take simple raw, factual, neutral numbers and douse them in your own childish emotions.

In the previous format JimBowie1958 was putting up occasional screenshots of this same table to keep us up with what was going on, and it was very helpful in terms of disseminating the information. Now we can more easily show the table with a click. Wanted to test it out. And all you can think is "oboy, here's my chance to throw a hissyfit". Grow up.

Basically, this is what has happened. In 2009, we beat the swine flu as the pandemic spread, but we knew we had it right away and was able to develop a vaccine for it.

Fast forward to 2020, the COVID-19 virus is beating us. It mutated so we do not know we have it right away and pass it along. The only way we know we have it is by testing. Also, it can be passed along easier. It has mutated so we can't develop a vaccine against it easily. It wants to kills us; it is the predator now. Thus, it may spread to your lungs via pneumonia or ARDS. That can kill at any age. Moreover, you can get it a second time even after you've recovered. If it fails to kill you the first time, then it can try again. Moreover, if you get sick then there aren't enough beds. You may just die in the halls.

What an idiot

I don't even know why I should help you with that kind of crack.

This has become one of the most dangerous pandemic viruses, if not the most dangerous, in the world. Compare it to swine flu. If you got that, then the symptoms showed up rather quickly. The researchers were able to come up with a vaccine the same year it came out. This one, you feel fine and pass it on. It's more easy to pass on. Next, as you get the symptoms, it leaves a sticky mucous on your lungs. With the swine flu, one got a clear nasal drip. The sticky substance is more difficult to expel out through phlegm. Next, you have difficulties breathing. It wants to get to your lungs where it can spread and thrive. One could get pneumonia or ARDS and then it helps the virus do it. Finally, one can catch it again. It may mean the second wave attacks you when you have the underlying condition of having had it once already. 60% of the US population getting it is no joke. We can only fight it with quarantine and sanitation.

we have a vaccine now for this one. where have you been?

Are you still calling me an idiot? You didn't even know how it mutated nor why we are taking these precautions around the world. Let duke it out right here on this forum if you are such a low brow.

if you deny what I posted, then yes, you are an idiot.

Not me. You're the idiot.

yes you.

I don't think you're taking this seriously, so you're the idiot.

Basically, this is what has happened. In 2009, we beat the swine flu as the pandemic spread, but we knew we had it right away and was able to develop a vaccine for it.

Fast forward to 2020, the COVID-19 virus is beating us. It mutated so we do not know we have it right away and pass it along. The only way we know we have it is by testing. Also, it can be passed along easier. It has mutated so we can't develop a vaccine against it easily. It wants to kills us; it is the predator now. Thus, it may spread to your lungs via pneumonia or ARDS. That can kill at any age. Moreover, you can get it a second time even after you've recovered. If it fails to kill you the first time, then it can try again. Moreover, if you get sick then there aren't enough beds. You may just die in the halls.

What an idiot

I don't even know why I should help you with that kind of crack.

This has become one of the most dangerous pandemic viruses, if not the most dangerous, in the world. Compare it to swine flu. If you got that, then the symptoms showed up rather quickly. The researchers were able to come up with a vaccine the same year it came out. This one, you feel fine and pass it on. It's more easy to pass on. Next, as you get the symptoms, it leaves a sticky mucous on your lungs. With the swine flu, one got a clear nasal drip. The sticky substance is more difficult to expel out through phlegm. Next, you have difficulties breathing. It wants to get to your lungs where it can spread and thrive. One could get pneumonia or ARDS and then it helps the virus do it. Finally, one can catch it again. It may mean the second wave attacks you when you have the underlying condition of having had it once already. 60% of the US population getting it is no joke. We can only fight it with quarantine and sanitation.

we have a vaccine now for this one. where have you been?

Are you still calling me an idiot? You didn't even know how it mutated nor why we are taking these precautions around the world. Let duke it out right here on this forum if you are such a low brow.

Not me. You're the idiot.

yes you.

I don't think you're taking this seriously, so you're the idiot.

show me someone that has suffered. got anyone? I know that >20,000 people died of the flu since October, and nobody did shit. so no, I don't treat this any different than you did with the flu that has killed over ten times the numbers today. again, you remain the idiot.

88 blacks died since january in Chicago this year and you all did nothing. you're just a jim joneser. I'm not drinking your kooladid.

US death toll is almost 500 with 1000 in critical condition and 6000 new cases
(that we know of)

(that we know of)
>20,000 died since October with the flu. why doesn't that bother you?

Spain is reporting over 400 deaths in the last 24 hours, the majority of new deaths reported world wide. The U.S. is reporting 45, 39 of which appear to be in New York.

Italy seems to be leveling out with no new cases (I realize it is early to tell).

I also realize that these are localized pockets and that is the scary thing. Right now, most big cities are doing O.K. But, it could easily get away from them if people don't do what they should.

New York is complaining about people not social distancing. Is that really the reason they are having the biggest woes ?

If you're using Worldometers, those numbers come in whenever they come in, so a quick glance may or may not tell you something especially if there's no number present. And with the exception of China they're reset each day at 00:00 UTC (20h00 Eastern). There's also a "Now/Yesterday" button at the top that lets you compare what's there now with yesterday's totals.

As far as localization I keep referring to these --- a NYT map of the US showing areas of concentration here

--- and a state-by-state listing on this page which carries state news and breaks down into county-level detail. These are useful to determine what's going on in one's own back yard.

"I'm not scared. It's caution."
1584980669982.png

(that we know of)
If we had the same number of COVID19 cases as we have flu the death toll would be 200,000 as it is ten times more infectious than the common flu. That is why this is such a big deal. All preventable death bothers me, however as with any new virus, where our population has no antibodies to fight it, the death train is one we have limited abilities to stop.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop

Cool.

Now you can go back to celebrating how we're third in world with number of cases. Are you gonna pop the champagne if we become second?

Isn't that "special" how you can take simple raw, factual, neutral numbers and douse them in your own childish emotions.

In the previous format JimBowie1958 was putting up occasional screenshots of this same table to keep us up with what was going on, and it was very helpful in terms of disseminating the information. Now we can more easily show the table with a click. Wanted to test it out. And all you can think is "oboy, here's my chance to throw a hissyfit". Grow up.

I said nothing against your table, I said it's cool.

What I did said is that you're celebrating rise in number of infected in US, which is not unexpected from leftist hack. All that's left for you is to praise how Chinese did better than us... oh wait, you did that too.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop

Cool.

What I did said is that you're celebrating rise in number of infected in US, which is not unexpected from leftist hack. All that's left for you is to praise how Chinese did better than us... oh wait, you did that too.

I AIN'T THE ONE RENDERING VALUE JUDGMENTS HERE, Schmucko. That guy is now appearing in your mirror.

As I said --- grow the fuck up.

(that we know of)
If we had the same number of COVID19 cases as we have flu the death toll would be 200,000 as it is ten times more infectious than the common flu. That is why this is such a big deal. All preventable death bothers me, however as with any new virus, where our population has no antibodies to fight it, the death train is one we have limited abilities to stop.
yep, I agree. but of course the stupid of the left is paramount in here. any hospitals near you with beds filled with patients with the virus?

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop

Cool.

I AIN'T THE ONE RENDERING VALUE JUDGMENTS HERE, Schmucko. That guy is now appearing in your mirror.

As I said --- grow the fuck up.
but you are. announcing moving up a graph means you're rooting for it. it's implied in your posts.

(that we know of)
yep, I agree. but of course the stupid of the left is paramount in here. any hospitals near you with beds filled with patients with the virus?
Thankfully, at the moment, only 17 people in this state have tested positive and only 7 are in our ICU here. That can change drastically in a day however. The potential of this virus to kill hundreds and thousands is very real.

All elective surgery's have been canceled as every bed and ICU space will be needed if this takes off.

I am waiting with great interest on the NY drug trial and if it follows what they are seeing in Italy and other countries response rates. We will know in a matter of days if the drugs work.

show me someone that has suffered. got anyone? I know that >20,000 people died of the flu since October, and nobody did shit. so no, I don't treat this any different than you did with the flu that has killed over ten times the numbers today. again, you remain the idiot.

88 blacks died since january in Chicago this year and you all did nothing. you're just a jim joneser. I'm not drinking your kooladid.

Now, you're calling me jim joneser. Man, after this you're on your own.

I've posted this already, but it's a story worth repeating for the people here. It shows a young person who got it and his story of his experience. Getting tested is hard enough if you get symptoms here in California, but this guy was tested positive and quarantined for over 40 days.

(that we know of)
Thankfully, at the moment, only 17 people in this state have tested positive and only 7 are in our ICU here. That can change drastically in a day however. The potential of this virus to kill hundreds and thousands is very real.

All elective surgery's have been canceled as every bed and ICU space will be needed if this takes off.

I am waiting with great interest on the NY drug trial and if it follows what they are seeing in Italy and other countries response rates. We will know in a matter of days if the drugs work.
I'm more interested in the malarie drug shutting it down. waiting on that update.

In an "abundance of caution" L.A. County just shut down close to 95% of all economic activity. All that remains open are grocery stores, pharmacies, financial institutions, caregivers, mail services and restaurants serving takeout and delivery orders, among others.

189 deaths in three months within a population of 327 million. That's the approximate death rate for common cold complications in the sick and elderly.

Is the cure worse than the disease? You damn betcha.

What is wrong with you?
It looks like what they are doing in California is working, 73 new case compared to:
5,000+ in New York
930 in New Jersey
197 in Michigan
164 in Florida
Yes, these restrictions are a pain in the ass and the recession is going to be painful for all, but the alternative of letting the virus run it's course which would result in hundreds of thousands of cases and critical care unavailable to most Americans would be worse.

It looks like what they are doing in California is working, 73 new case compared to:
5,000+ in New York
930 in New Jersey
197 in Michigan
164 in Florida
Yes, these restrictions are a pain in the ass and the recession is going to be painful for all, but the alternative of letting the virus run it's course which would result in hundreds of thousands of cases and critical care unavailable to most Americans would be worse.
Even though the proper time for stopping it from 'running its' course' was when Chinese authorities first knew about it. Once COVID-19 had a 2 to 3 week window to escape it was circulating through every major airport. CDC will be watching the numbers very closely this week, so if it gets a lot worse, we could be in martial law by this time next week.

That's the only way to enforce an effective national lockdown, so let's just hope it won't come to that. As we know, Trump already gave the go-ahead so you can bet every National Guard unit is prepping as we speak. And I've been inside our local National Guard base....they are fully-equipped for any kind of invasion, and can set up strategic check-points within a few hours in one phone call, and full cooperation from state and local law enforcement.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back