[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

BTW, @Pogo , this is all I was talking about:

kICyYpl.png

Huh?

Need a reference. :dunno:
We were discussing the relative merits of bookmarks and the bookmark toolbar, which is what I screen-grabbed.

[
Yes, and the posts are becoming HUGE! Under the prior system only the last 3 are quoted. In the one linked below there are 14 quotes. :eek-52:

Liberalism vs America

Since the Reply test box doesn't have a scroll function it makes it awkward to apply formatting.

How can anyone decipher who is saying what when you have to scroll up and down and probably put your finger in the space and follow it up and down to see who said what? I would think multi-quoting would be more sensible, then you can see each quote and who said it, if it's all necessary to have all relevant posts available in one post.

Multiquoting is an option we were trying before nesting was enabled but one problem is that multiquotes seem to appear in random order. If they're not chronological it's impossible to figure out who was responding to what.

Or I get a notification that someone quoted me, but my stuff is in the middle of the quote tree and not the last quote.

Eeek...

Or I get a notification that someone quoted me, but my stuff is in the middle of the quote tree and not the last quote.

Eeek...

That's particularly annoying and has resulted in me ignoring [ QUOTE ] alerts.

But sometimes, even the inadvertant warning brings me to a posting that is interesting, after all, so not all is lost.

Eeek...

That's particularly annoying and has resulted in me ignoring [ QUOTE ] alerts.

But sometimes, even the inadvertant warning brings me to a posting that is interesting, after all, so not all is lost.

I didn't say that I don't read the posts (that's what the "Watched Threads" link is for).

I just don't clutter up my alerts with junk quote alerts.

@cereal_killer

In the last fifteen minutes or so I got a couple of "502 bad gateway" errors; the smilies wouldn't open up; I did an edit that didn't take and had to do it again (all of those in the coffee shop) and in another thread the entire page froze solid. Any known new issues going on?

@cereal_killer

In the last fifteen minutes or so I got a couple of "502 bad gateway" errors; the smilies wouldn't open up; I did an edit that didn't take and had to do it again (all of those in the coffee shop) and in another thread the entire page froze solid. Any known new issues going on?

I encountered the same problem. Seems to have cleared up now but it should be checked to see if there is an underlying issue that needs to be resolved.

I have a question, how do I go to the first post in a thread without having to scroll to it? I don't read every single thread when it is posted, and the software is set to take me to new post instead of the first post.

I have a question, how do I go to the first post in a thread without having to scroll to it? I don't read every single thread when it is posted, and the software is set to take me to new post instead of the first post.

If you hover to the right of the thread title, it will show the page numbers and you can click on 1.

Does the red chevron, on the right of each page, work on anyone's android phone? I ask because I'm running Kit Kat 4.4.2 & it doesn't seem to take me to the top of the page?

BTW, @Pogo , this is all I was talking about:

kICyYpl.png

Huh?

Need a reference. :dunno:
We were discussing the relative merits of bookmarks and the bookmark toolbar, which is what I screen-grabbed.

I see. It had been a while. But hold on, this just in, problem solved:

when you click on watched threads, there is a line of text that pops up under the words Unread Watched Threads. At the end of that line it says There may be more to view. That is clickable and will open a list of all your watched threads, no matter how long it's been since they have been posted in.

It works! Who knew.

Why does trolls' reading comprehension melt down at the sight of a simple term like "handy"?

The jump to top button is a piece of useless bling that only children would even use, it does not fit any definition of handy I have ever seen. If you have a different one, feel free to trot it out.

Forum List

Back