[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

I know of two vBulletin forums that are just a joy to post on, from a user standpoint. They both have features that I've never seen implemented on USMB or any other vBulletin board.

(can I name these sites?)

One has a feature where, if I quote a post, then within a certain amount of time I quote another post, the second one becomes addended to the first. It cuts down your post total, but is much better than seeing 7 posts in a row from the same member.

The other site has many cool features implemented, including one that's really handy: if you select text in someone's post, a balloon popup comes up that asks if you want to quote that text in your reply. It's much quicker than quoting a whole post, then deleting all the text you don't want.

There are more features, but those are two that are really implemented with the poster in mind.

I know the high-ups at both sites, and they don't have the security issues/concerns that they did here, so maybe they are just using a better build of vBulletin? Or they paid for a more stable version?
Are they political forums? If so, please PM me :)
OK. You're going to know most of the members of the second one I cited - it's mostly ex-USMBers.

The first one I cited actually has a lot of members who are now at USMB, also.

A new quoting feature is going to be released soon. The beta is out now but this is what it will look like (see link below). Its pretty nice. There is some awesome features on the way with 1.4.0. They released the beta already and as soon as they release a stable version we'll test and upgrade. They move pretty fast and are already on Release Candidate 2 so a stable release should be days away.

XF 1.4 - XenForo 1.4 Improvements to Replying XenForo Community

1.4.0 will be pretty bad ass
IMHO, nothing would improve the board more than some easy to locate information about how to use the various functions and how they work. Digging through hundreds of posts trying to find information is just to difficult. At a minimum there should be a frequently asked question document and a description each function.

Is there a way for members to delete conversations? We used to have limited storage and could clear in-box and sent items. I can't find that option here.

A new quoting feature is going to be released soon. The beta is out now but this is what it will look like (see link below). Its pretty nice. There is some awesome features on the way with 1.4.0. They released the beta already and as soon as they release a stable version we'll test and upgrade. They move pretty fast and are already on Release Candidate 2 so a stable release should be days away.

IMHO, nothing would improve the board more than some easy to locate information about how to use the various functions and how they work. Digging through hundreds of posts trying to find information is just to difficult. At a minimum there should be a frequently asked question document and a description each function.
is there a way to find a list of one's threads created? Like all the threads I created?

Is there a way for members to delete conversations? We used to have limited storage and could clear in-box and sent items. I can't find that option here.

Go into your conversations and put a check mark in the box to the right of the ones you want to delete and delete from there. Also leaving conversation will delete it

is there a way to find a list of one's threads created? Like all the threads I created?
yes do a search and choose 'more'/your posts. Enter username

I know of two vBulletin forums that are just a joy to post on, from a user standpoint. They both have features that I've never seen implemented on USMB or any other vBulletin board.

One has a feature where, if I quote a post, then within a certain amount of time I quote another post, the second one becomes addended to the first. It cuts down your post total, but is much better than seeing 7 posts in a row from the same member.

Yeah... vBulletin added that AFTER Xenforo.

kthx.

I had thought of being ambitious and going through the thread to compile them, but then I remembered that I don't own the site.

One has a feature where, if I quote a post, then within a certain amount of time I quote another post, the second one becomes appended to the first. It cuts down your post total, but is much better than seeing 7 posts in a row from the same member.

Yeah... vBulletin added that AFTER Xenforo.

kthx.
If it's in XenForo, why don't we have it?

I just know that some sites have all sorts of problems with vBulletin and others have no issues at all.

Hah...IP.Board has had a Quote Text plug-in available for years (I do wish it was stock, though). Nice of Kier to catch up with the competition.
We run IPBoard on a couple sites its pretty good. I like it better than vBulletin by far.

Hah...IP.Board has had a Quote Text plug-in available for years (I do wish it was stock, though). Nice of Kier to catch up with the competition.
We run IPBoard on a couple sites its pretty good. I like it better than vBulletin by far.
I just Googled. I guess it fell short, compared to XenForo? I'm not a forum software aficionado, but I've been on a lot of different software over the years. There are a lot of them!

Go into your conversations and put a check mark in the box to the right of the ones you want to delete and delete from there. Also leaving conversation will delete it

I see no option to delete a conversation. Does "Leave conversation" with the "ignore future messages" option selected, permanently delete all record of the convo?

Looks good. The narrator mentioned the new release has a feature that would make it easier for admin to post Custom Help Pages. I hate to sound like a broken record but I'm still looking for basic how-to info. For instance my efforts to control the runaway nested quotes still often go sideways. Bells and whistles are great but a short FAQ sheet would help a lot of us get the full benefit and ensure they don't just become another obstacle to intuitive posting. I'd like to be able to utilize the gadgets we have now properly before tackling the next batch. I haven't visited any other forums for years, don't use facebook or twitter or whatever so I'll use that excuse as to why I'm on the "dumb" side of the user scale curve.

I just Googled. I guess it fell short, compared to XenForo? I'm not a forum software aficionado, but I've been on a lot of different software over the years. There are a lot of them!

People are shitting bricks over a vBulletin to Xenforo conversion... they'd be having a stroke if he swapped to IP.Board.

I see no option to delete a conversation. Does "Leave conversation" with the "ignore future messages" option selected, permanently delete all record of the convo?

Yes.

People are shitting bricks over a vBulletin to Xenforo conversion... they'd be having a stroke if he swapped to IP.Board.
At least he didn't go to phpBB.

Did you do it?

Forum List

Back