[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Dumb move getting rid of rep and now the 'disagree' AND 'like' button. I mean, really?? People are so sensitive that they can't handle a 'disagree'?? What a pansy-assed place this has become.

With rep gone now there isn't a quick way to say 'hey, I agree/like/approve/disapprove/don't like/disagree with what you wrote and here's a comment on why'. By getting rid of rep the board has become much, much less personal. Big mistake, imo. I don't post here or even stop by here much anymore. This board is just like all the others now. Booo.

Bring back rep (change how the point system works if people are too whiny about getting negged) or at the least, bring back the 'like' and 'disagree' buttons but add the ability to send a personal comment along with it.
Apparently.
As with almost everything, I believe these changes have to do with the site's income.

They want to make it a nicer place, to encourage the type of desirable advertisers that will increase their revenues.

They believe no decent advertiser wants to be associated with a site where people are regularly told to die in a fire with aids, and women being called *****.
And this has what to do with rep or a dislike button???

I do not know. I was just making a general statement about the 'new look' USMB.
Fair enough. But that crap happens anyway, at least we could showdisapproval without egging it on

Dumb move getting rid of rep and now the 'disagree' AND 'like' button. I mean, really?? People are so sensitive that they can't handle a 'disagree'?? What a pansy-assed place this has become.

With rep gone now there isn't a quick way to say 'hey, I agree/like/approve/disapprove/don't like/disagree with what you wrote and here's a comment on why'. By getting rid of rep the board has become much, much less personal. Big mistake, imo. I don't post here or even stop by here much anymore. This board is just like all the others now. Booo.

Bring back rep (change how the point system works if people are too whiny about getting negged) or at the least, bring back the 'like' and 'disagree' buttons but add the ability to send a personal comment along with it.
Apparently.
As with almost everything, I believe these changes have to do with the site's income.

They want to make it a nicer place, to encourage the type of desirable advertisers that will increase their revenues.

They believe no decent advertiser wants to be associated with a site where people are regularly told to die in a fire with aids, and women being called *****.

Fair enough. But that crap happens anyway, at least we could showdisapproval without egging it on
Why do you hate eggs?

emu1.jpg

Apparently.

Why do you hate eggs?
Really--no need to get angry ova it.

Apparently.

Why do you hate eggs?
yolk, yolk, yolk.

Apparently.

Why do you hate eggs?
yolk, yolk, yolk.
roe roe roe your boat

Apparently.

Why do you hate eggs?
yolk, yolk, yolk.
You all crack me up

Apparently.

Why do you hate eggs?
yolk, yolk, yolk.
You all crack me up
eggzactly!

WTF? Where is the red X?

Serious bug in the software made the only options to like a post, dearly love a post, or worship a post as god....

LOL. I hope this will become the standard on the board though. If you don't like a post say so and give your reason why. There were gangs of trolls roaming the 'threads' disliking every single post some members made, even if the post was just to say 'good morning'. Some members were finding a hundred notices of 'dislikes' every time they logged in. It was introducing a toxicity and bullying tactic that was worse than even the old neg rep system. I love the new option. Kudos to C_K and admin for removing the 'dislike' button.
Oh! You mean Scat?

Yeah that was sick. Perhaps the software could limit red x's, but removing them? That plain and simple sucks like every other change made lately.

If you are referring to me, then you are wrong. I am not the reason for the change in system nor am I the reason for the removal of the redex button.. BTW, my name is Stat, not "Scat". Scat refers to a sexual proclivity that I assume all of us abhor. So, you were talking about toxicity and then you write, literally, shit like that?

Physician, fucking heal thyself.
No sexual innuendo intended, I took an older definition of scat.

I wasn't on the same page at all as Foxfyre. You'll note, if you read for comprehension, that I said some people NEED toxicity. If the foo shits....

You may not be solely responsible for the disappearance of the red X, but it's pretty damned apparent that your abuse of it figured into the decision.

Whatever... You should be pleased. You can post your crap with even more impunity now.

Uhuh. Yeah, right.

I missed the mod announcement explaining the demise of the redex, the inroduction of the blue badge and the conversion of thumbs up to "Thanks". If anybody could give me that link without too much effort I'd appreciate it. I did look around and the only thread I found related to the subject had been "closed". Seems to be more post closures for apparently arbitrary reasons than I remember under the old system.

Was the admin worried that visitors would be discouraged from joining USMB if their posts were subject to the so readily employed red x? Do they think making the forums more warm and cudley will maximise the monetization potential of the platform? I never used the redex button but I did find it "informative" to read the list of who had for certain posts. I think there's a tipping point where the attempt to civilize this place will make it so boring that most of us who joined for the hustle and bustle of contentious argument may find the new environment so bland and boring we'll just tune out. I'll keep looking for the announcement to see if there is a rational justification for watering down the heat just a little bit more. I've been supportive overall that the switch to Xenforo was a positive one. I just hope admin doesn't fiddle too much with the fundamental combative nature of the political forums that made them attractive in the first place.

I think a cool feature would be for thread background colors to change to yellow once a thread has been dormant for a long time.

I just made two posts in a thread from last year, not realizing it was an old thread, just resurrected.

Forum List

Back