Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Funny thing Wolf, you've always been on my radar. Yesterday mani and db were off, too.

I do understand completely how you feel, in fact I agree. I've said it already, the days are too darn long. It makes the pace way too slow. And Wake, no offense but if you - of all people slow down the game, it's a bummer

I'm with you guys on that one. Like I said before, this game really tests the limits of my patience and attention span. As it stands right now, this game could realistically go on for another 5-6 weeks. I'm not sure I have it in me. I'm pouring my heart and soul into trying to figure out who is mafia to the point that I'm actually losing sleep over it. In all my years of dick'n around on message boards I can tell that has NEVER happened before. Ideally for me, days would be from Monday to noon on Thursday, nights would be from noon Thursday until 5pm Friday and we'd all take the weekend off. I have no problem stealing time from my employer to be here, but I definitely don't steal time from my family for this shit. No offense.

Ok then...

vote:Wolf

She says she wants out, she did want to have the doc out him/herself which just was wrong to me

Yep, I have a job and a family also and I agree that this game can become a bit of obsession. About the only other thing I can think of that I obsess over otherwise is Caffeine. :D

I didn't post a lot here at USMB before the game or a lot at other places very much before I joined here. I like this board and like being a member but when the game is going on, I really concentrate on it. It's like figuring out a puzzle or a mystery that I want to solve.

The real games can go on for months and have thousands of posts but they can also end much more quickly than this one IF people contribute.

So we have to find a way to shorten it ourselves by coming here and giving meaningful input. Once we come to a consensus ourselves, we can end the day right there.

But if people like Luissa don't play, I see that being more detrimental than the long days. I can't read her at all and frankly, I feel we could learn more from her death than keeping her alive. If you can't figure it out, and you say nothing, none of the rest of us can either. So give your thoughts and we can vote someone out much quicker as long as everyone gives meaningful input and we can agree with it. Others input helps me figure it out also.

So of course, if you guys want to go with Mertex or anyone else, I will switch my vote to help the game but otherwise, I'm voting for Luissa. She put in a hard vote for Avi immediately, didn't vote for Rosie, Rosie spoke highly of her in fact, and quite frankly, she's not playing. Again, if you want to vote for me, go for it, but until then, I'm going with the non-contributor. She could be scum hiding in the shadows or unhelpful town that slows down the game. After this vote, I don't have much else to say unless someone has a specific thing they want me to address or my vote needs to change. And I meant it when I said you guys can vote me out. There will be not hard feelings at all. Promise.

Vote : Luissa

Ok then...

She says she wants out, she did want to have the doc out him/herself which just was wrong to me

I don't believe she really wants out of the game. I read that as nothing more than a frustrated townie venting her frustration. I can't in good conscience vote for her when I feel so strongly that she's not mafia.

I'd still rather take my chances with MeBelle. Consider the possibilities...

A) MeBelle is the town doctor: If this is the case, then she f*cked us hard by effectively rendering her power worthless, and for what, to stroke her own ego. That's almost worth a trip to the gallows regardless. And let's not forget it could just as easily be Grandma we have to thank for two nights without a kill.

B) The sameech hypothesis - MeBelle is a vanilla townie and she's trying to divert the NK or mafia role block toward her. If true, that would actually be a pretty shrewd and selfless play on her part. Unfortunately, I just have much too hard a time believing this. My gut just says no eff'n way.

C) MeBelle is mafia and she was attempting to flush out the real PR's and/or provide herself some PR townie "cover" to keep her from the gallows. If this is true and we lynch her today, we pretty much have the game wrapped up. We'd have the numbers to role reveal and triangulate on the last remaining mafia long before s/he can take us all out.

Yep, I have a job and a family also and I agree that this game can become a bit of obsession. About the only other thing I can think of that I obsess over otherwise is Caffeine. :D

I didn't post a lot here at USMB before the game or a lot at other places very much before I joined here. I like this board and like being a member but when the game is going on, I really concentrate on it. It's like figuring out a puzzle or a mystery that I want to solve.

The real games can go on for months and have thousands of posts but they can also end much more quickly than this one IF people contribute.

So we have to find a way to shorten it ourselves by coming here and giving meaningful input. Once we come to a consensus ourselves, we can end the day right there.

But if people like Luissa don't play, I see that being more detrimental than the long days. I can't read her at all and frankly, I feel we could learn more from her death than keeping her alive. If you can't figure it out, and you say nothing, none of the rest of us can either. So give your thoughts and we can vote someone out much quicker as long as everyone gives meaningful input and we can agree with it. Others input helps me figure it out also.

So of course, if you guys want to go with Mertex or anyone else, I will switch my vote to help the game but otherwise, I'm voting for Luissa. She put in a hard vote for Avi immediately, didn't vote for Rosie, Rosie spoke highly of her in fact, and quite frankly, she's not playing. Again, if you want to vote for me, go for it, but until then, I'm going with the non-contributor. She could be scum hiding in the shadows or unhelpful town that slows down the game. After this vote, I don't have much else to say unless someone has a specific thing they want me to address or my vote needs to change. And I meant it when I said you guys can vote me out. There will be not hard feelings at all. Promise.

Vote : Luissa

Of course it could have been Rosie's game plan?
Especially when you consider I am not scum. But thanks for my first vote, it makes me feel special.

I am going with my first extinct when entering the game. [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]
Vote= Strollingbones

She made that intentional slip up, and Wake claimed even mafia was after Rosie. So, those two things have me suspicious of Bones.

I am going with my first extinct when entering the game. [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]
Vote= Strollingbones

She made that intentional slip up, and Wake claimed even mafia was after Rosie. So, those two things have me suspicious of Bones.

^That's just straight up poppycock. No offense.

If bones is mafia then I'm never playing this game again. :lol:

If you guys are thinking about going with mebelle and picking between myself and mani, I would go for me. I have a suspicion mani is a PR. I am not certain of course, but I think he might be.

Personally, I have about had it with THIS particular game and it would not hurt the game at all if you killed me off.

Use the excuse I'm in conflict. Use the excuse I talk too much. I won't throw the game like sameech or vote myself, but I would probably be better off not playing any more and I'll tell you why.

To me it is extremely difficult to move forward if people won't contribute. Does that mean you have to live here or not have a life? Of course not. But the way for town to win is to have productive conversations and yep, I am getting sick of people not saying enough. It was very frustrating yesterday for me to put some effort into the game and to have someone come along and make some comment about people not being here 24/7 and when they are here, they aren't going to be paying attention much to what is said here anyway. It was basically like, why are you bothering?

So go ahead and vote me out. It won't hurt anything and I am not quitting the mafia games but I just don't want to play THIS one any more.

Sorry folks, I'm just being honest here.

Thanks

Thanks for raising this, Wolf. I actually like the slower, more deliberate pace off the online game. Especially compared to the live version. But we have to get over this nonsense that people who aren't posting a lot are automatically suspect. I've got a lot of stuff going on right now (I've been offered a choice job in NYC!) and simply can't obsess about this right now. I'm enjoying the game, and I don't want to quit, but three or four check-ins a day is about all I can afford.

BTW-Any of these 3 probably have at least one scum member among them-Luissa, Mertex, and RD.

I'm fairly certain scum will be found among these 3.

Have a beautiful day.

Wow! As soon as someone points the finger at you, you have a meltdown too.

Yesterday you took your vote off MeBelle and now I'm the one with the most votes....you are arguing with her, complaining that you don't understand what she is trying to say and yet instead of just voting for MeBelle, you up and decide to quit.

After giving us a sermonette about not helping town and not participating, you up and decide not to participate.....that's not the way to play the game......argh......

And, I don't know about R.D. or Luissa, but I'm not Scum. I can't believe you have it in front of your eyes and your focusing somewhere else. Perhaps Sameech was right, we're all stupid.

Well, I'm going to say it one more time....MeBelle/dblack are the last two scum....you can take it or leave it. You can vote for MeBelle or be stoopid and leave the game or not vote and let Scum win yet another day. What's it going to be? [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

BTW-Any of these 3 probably have at least one scum member among them-Luissa, Mertex, and RD.

Have a beautiful day.

Yesterday you took your vote off MeBelle and now I'm the one with the most votes....you are arguing with her, complaining that you don't understand what she is trying to say and yet instead of just voting for MeBelle, you up and decide to quit.

After giving us a sermonette about not helping town and not participating, you up and decide not to participate.....that's not the way to play the game......argh......

And, I don't know about R.D. or Luissa, but I'm not Scum. I can't believe you have it in front of your eyes and your focusing somewhere else. Perhaps Sameech was right, we're all stupid.

Well, I'm going to say it one more time....MeBelle/dblack are the last two scum....you can take it or leave it. You can vote for MeBelle or be stoopid and leave the game or not vote and let Scum win yet another day. What's it going to be? [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

I'm with Mertex.

Vote: MeBelle60

Vote: mebelle60

If you guys are thinking about going with mebelle and picking between myself and mani, I would go for me. I have a suspicion mani is a PR. I am not certain of course, but I think he might be.

Personally, I have about had it with THIS particular game and it would not hurt the game at all if you killed me off.

Use the excuse I'm in conflict. Use the excuse I talk too much. I won't throw the game like sameech or vote myself, but I would probably be better off not playing any more and I'll tell you why.

To me it is extremely difficult to move forward if people won't contribute. Does that mean you have to live here or not have a life? Of course not. But the way for town to win is to have productive conversations and yep, I am getting sick of people not saying enough. It was very frustrating yesterday for me to put some effort into the game and to have someone come along and make some comment about people not being here 24/7 and when they are here, they aren't going to be paying attention much to what is said here anyway. It was basically like, why are you bothering?

So go ahead and vote me out. It won't hurt anything and I am not quitting the mafia games but I just don't want to play THIS one any more.

Sorry folks, I'm just being honest here.

Thanks

Thanks for raising this, Wolf. I actually like the slower, more deliberate pace off the online game. Especially compared to the live version. But we have to get over this nonsense that people who aren't posting a lot are automatically suspect. I've got a lot of stuff going on right now (I've been offered a choice job in NYC!) and simply can't obsess about this right now. I'm enjoying the game, and I don't want to quit, but three or four check-ins a day is about all I can afford.

It's just a game, dblack. I don't know why some are getting all emotional over it. I've been on the block and yes, I hate that you all think I'm Scum, but the lynching is not real....and all I can do is come in here and defend myself. And, some think I'm Scum because I post too much in here, or because I've said I'm Town too much. Everyone has different reasons for suspecting, but I'm looking at the voting pattern and some of the things said or not said.

I think you're scum, not just because you haven't posted much, but because of your voting pattern. MeBelle also has a very sketchy voting pattern. Maybe it is just coincidence, but the fact that you always held back....and at the last came in and voted for Townie makes me suspect you of being the GF. MeBelle is your only goon left, and I'm voting for her this time.

Vote:MeBelle

Have a beautiful day.

Wow, channelling your inner SB? :lol:

Rosie thanked me and Mertex, she pointed the finger at SB, mani and Aye. For those reasons I'm leaning towards all us being town.

That leaves Wolf, Mebelle, dblack, Luissa and Shiatra as my suspects.

My gut...I got one now, says dblack Luissa or Shiatra might be the role locker due to their relatively silent play style.

Thank you [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] . I'll admit, I'm frustrated too, but I've had MeBelle on my radar since the very first and always end up taking my vote from her and placing it on someone else only to find out I was wrong.

If MeBelle turns out to be Town and/or PR, I'll hang my head in shame and you can vote me out next time....I won't even try and defend myself anymore.....I'll just face the fact that I'm lousy as a detective and say Kudos to the smart ones playing us.

VOTE:MeBelle60

Vote: Mertex

VOTE: Mertex

Vote: Mertex

Vote= Strollingbones

Vote: MeBelle60

Vote: mebelle60

Unofficial vote count. Mebelle60 has 3 from myself, Mertex, manifold

Strollingbones has 1 from Luissa.

Wolfsister77 has 1 from R.D.

Mertex has 3 from dblack, Shaitra, ACSY

No vote-Strollingbones, mebelle60

This is unofficial and I could of missed something but this might help.

Wolfsister, I'm sorry you are feeling frustrated. I think several of us share that frustration. I try to log on a few times here at work and I'm on in the evenings reading and re-reading the thread looking for clues. I've been using Grandma's technique of copying relevant posts over to a document so I can look for patterns or inconsistancies. I'm also putting all the votes together so I can look for patterns there.

Right now, these people are the ones who come across as town to me: Wolfsister, manifold, dblack, Strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou

Null read: Luissa

Possible scum: Mebelle, Mertex, RD

Forum List

Back