Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Why are some of ya'll wanting to lynch so fast this time? We still have until the 16th - 5 more days - to take for the vote if we want. I can understand why scum would want to jump on it, but not so much town.

If MeBelle does get lynched and is found to be town, those that went hard after her will be closely looked at next.

Here is why I am sticking with mebelle:

-screwed up the hammer on Avi

-outed herself so she's either a lying scum or screwed the town and neutralized her role, saying she didn't agree to it is not playing like a team player-how about taking a minute to think about the errors you make that could mess up the game or I have an idea-ask the rest of us?

-Is aggressive and defensive when questioned

-Doesn't answer simple questions but claims she does

-Asks questions that make no sense-I mean if 2 of us can't figure out her point, that means she's not making one

-Accuses myself and mani of being scum but does not lay out a reason for it but just a bunch of vague post references

-A guilty person will often try to turn things back around on the person accusing them to get out of trouble

This is a solid mebelle case. I see no reason we don't just lynch her and get this day over with.

Tell you what [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

Ask me all the questions you want, in one post and when I get back from bringing my heartbroken daughter's very ill pet to the vet, Ill answer each question.

It would be helpful if your question format was bulleted.

Man, I just don't know. I think for the time being, I want to think about this some more.

unvote

Aye does lay out some interesting comments and I want to go back over my notes.

I put this in signups but it could get deleted there and not everyone reads there and it is important for the game-IMO anyway so here goes:

Two things he mentioned that is absolutely true. Silence and town not working together is frustrating. I've seen both here and it is very difficult to play later in the game when people make comments like "I never agree'd to that" or "you know we aren't here 24/7 and when we are here we aren't going to be paying attention to what you are saying anyway" Hey, that's a great strategy for scum but if you are town playing that way, it is VERY frustrating. And if you come in and say "I got nothing" and then don't say anything else for days or if you make one comment and disappear or if you hardly post at all, yep, that makes it all the more difficult-unless you are scum, I don't get that at all. If that kind of attitude continues in the games, I will be bowing out. You have to play. You don't have to spend a ton of time here, but you have to play. Some of you are likely getting frustrated at me for pushing this and that's fine. If we shorten the days under these conditions, I see many mis-lynches or no-lynches and even more frustration in the future. This probably should be in the game right now but this is general for future game play so if you are going to delete it Wake, please let me copy it and put it in the game first. Thanks

Never mind. I'll put it there also.

It appears you're directing part of this at me (bolded). I already explained that not everyone agreed to whatever it was that you and a couple others did. I also noticed you misquoted, misconstrued, and put words of your own into what I said about some of us not being online all the time. I read all of the posts in this thread. I pay attention (more than you know to what is said in this thread. I post more than most of the players in this thread. I agree it's frustrating when a few players don't post much, maybe twice a day, and they don't appear to be keeping up with the thread, but that's life and there's nothing anyone can do to control them and make them do what you want and when.

Ya'll do realize that not every player is online 24/7 don't you? Ya'll also realize that when those of us that do work outside of the home are online, we aren't fretting and analyzing every word someone puts in this thread, don't you?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The actual quote I was talking about. You put it here right after mani and I had just got done putting a few posts in trying to figure a few things out. Follow the link to that quote to see what I mean about the timing of it. It wasn't just you reminding us people aren't on 24/7 which no one expects. You implied that people who signed up for the game are not only too busy to post but that they are not going to analyze every word someone puts here or worry about it. Right after I had put at least some effort into posting a few thoughts.

There's plenty more if you look at Rosie's previous posts, Grandma's posts, and compare Mertex's with Rosie's.

I put this in signups but it could get deleted there and not everyone reads there and it is important for the game-IMO anyway so here goes:

Two things he mentioned that is absolutely true. Silence and town not working together is frustrating. I've seen both here and it is very difficult to play later in the game when people make comments like "I never agree'd to that" or "you know we aren't here 24/7 and when we are here we aren't going to be paying attention to what you are saying anyway" Hey, that's a great strategy for scum but if you are town playing that way, it is VERY frustrating. And if you come in and say "I got nothing" and then don't say anything else for days or if you make one comment and disappear or if you hardly post at all, yep, that makes it all the more difficult-unless you are scum, I don't get that at all. If that kind of attitude continues in the games, I will be bowing out. You have to play. You don't have to spend a ton of time here, but you have to play. Some of you are likely getting frustrated at me for pushing this and that's fine. If we shorten the days under these conditions, I see many mis-lynches or no-lynches and even more frustration in the future. This probably should be in the game right now but this is general for future game play so if you are going to delete it Wake, please let me copy it and put it in the game first. Thanks

It appears you're directing part of this at me (bolded). I already explained that not everyone agreed to whatever it was that you and a couple others did. I also noticed you misquoted, misconstrued, and put words of your own into what I said about some of us not being online all the time. I read all of the posts in this thread. I pay attention (more than you know to what is said in this thread. I post more than most of the players in this thread. I agree it's frustrating when a few players don't post much, maybe twice a day, and they don't appear to be keeping up with the thread, but that's life and there's nothing anyone can do to control them and make them do what you want and when.

Ya'll do realize that not every player is online 24/7 don't you? Ya'll also realize that when those of us that do work outside of the home are online, we aren't fretting and analyzing every word someone puts in this thread, don't you?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The actual quote I was talking about. You put it here right after mani and I had just got done putting a few posts in trying to figure a few things out. Follow the link to that quote to see what I mean about the timing of it. It wasn't just you reminding us people aren't on 24/7 which no one expects. You implied that people who signed up for the game are not only too busy to post but that they are not going to analyze every word someone puts here or worry about it. Right after I had put at least some effort into posting a few thoughts.

No, I didn't put it in that spot, the forum did. I was at work and going between real life work and typing that in between. I had the forum up for at least 30 minutes before I was able to finish typing it all and get it posted. Several posts went by in the mean time, which I wasn't aware of, since I had the screen on the part where I was typing. I never implied people weren't going to read the posts; I was just stating that not everyone will be taking each word posted and picking it apart.

-outed herself so she's either a lying scum or screwed the town and neutralized her role, saying she didn't agree to it is not playing like a team player-how about taking a minute to think about the errors you make that could mess up the game or I have an idea-ask the rest of us?

-Asks questions that make no sense-I mean if 2 of us can't figure out her point, that means she's not making one

-Accuses myself and mani of being scum but does not lay out a reason for it but just a bunch of vague post references

-A guilty person will often try to turn things back around on the person accusing them to get out of trouble

This is a solid mebelle case. I see no reason we don't just lynch her and get this day over with.

Ask me all the questions you want, in one post and when I get back from bringing my heartbroken daughter's very ill pet to the vet, Ill answer each question.

No thanks. I'm not going to be a heartless shitheel and harass you when you are going through something like this.

I'm very sorry you are dealing with such a tough thing.

Take care.

Why are some of ya'll wanting to lynch so fast this time? We still have until the 16th - 5 more days - to take for the vote if we want. I can understand why scum would want to jump on it, but not so much town.

If MeBelle does get lynched and is found to be town, those that went hard after her will be closely looked at next.

And what if we go with Mertex and she's town? Will those who voted for her so quickly be suspect?

We took a couple days to discuss mebelle. I'm not voting for her willy nilly. I said why. I've been talking about her since she hammered Avi on Day 1 starting on Day 2. I went along with Rosie and then sameech imploded so now the next on my list and Grandma's and Shaitra's and R.D's and Mertex's and mani's is mebelle. This is nothing new. This isn't a surprise. She had many suspicious of her and if Grandma was still in the game, she's probably be lynched by now. Hmmmm..........................and Grandma's dead now is she?
That's odd.

Two things he mentioned that is absolutely true. Silence and town not working together is frustrating. I've seen both here and it is very difficult to play later in the game when people make comments like "I never agree'd to that" or "you know we aren't here 24/7 and when we are here we aren't going to be paying attention to what you are saying anyway"

Hey, that's a great strategy for scum but if you are town playing that way, it is VERY frustrating. And if you come in and say "I got nothing" and then don't say anything else for days or if you make one comment and disappear or if you hardly post at all, yep, that makes it all the more difficult-unless you are scum, I don't get that at all. If that kind of attitude continues in the games, I will be bowing out. You have to play. You don't have to spend a ton of time here, but you have to play. Some of you are likely getting frustrated at me for pushing this and that's fine. If we shorten the days under these conditions, I see many mis-lynches or no-lynches and even more frustration in the future. This probably should be in the game right now but this is general for future game play so if you are going to delete it Wake, please let me copy it and put it in the game first. Thanks

And here we go again!!!!

To the bold....you keep throwing the comment around we all agreed but I am part of that we and I didn't get a vote on anything. Your we all agreed is vapors. I've asked you a few times for a link.
Did I get one?
No.
What I did get was two more paragraphs claiming something was agreed to, but wtf and where?

No thanks. I'm not going to be a heartless shitheel and harass you when you are going through something like this.

Take care.

Thanks for your concern!
But she's fine, the animal had to be put down.
She had dx'd Luna before the vet visit.
She brought Luna home in a box.
The vet had taped the box shut.
She insisted on opening the box so she could see Luna.
Her brother grabs a shovel and they bury Luna in the marsh.

Nice deflection on your part though.

You'll have your list of questions you claim I don't answer by tomorrow?

Again, appears to be taking sides with Mertex.

****I just got home from work and will be posting more in a little while after I get supper in the oven.

Rosie using me to get the suspicion away from her only because she knew that I was "dumb" enough to think she was not Scum. I thought at the time that SB, WS and you were working together because of SB's posts. Of course if you are Scum and you find someone that doesn't think you are Scum, of course you are going to side with them....geez, that's so obvious even a person that has never played would've figured that out.

The only reason you don't seem suspicious to me is that you were right there voting for Rosie, but I wasn't the only one that didn't vote for Rosie. That was only our second kill and just because some of you got it right doesn't mean that everyone that didn't go along is Scum...use your head.

Two things he mentioned that is absolutely true. Silence and town not working together is frustrating. I've seen both here and it is very difficult to play later in the game when people make comments like "I never agree'd to that" or "you know we aren't here 24/7 and when we are here we aren't going to be paying attention to what you are saying anyway"

Hey, that's a great strategy for scum but if you are town playing that way, it is VERY frustrating. And if you come in and say "I got nothing" and then don't say anything else for days or if you make one comment and disappear or if you hardly post at all, yep, that makes it all the more difficult-unless you are scum, I don't get that at all. If that kind of attitude continues in the games, I will be bowing out. You have to play. You don't have to spend a ton of time here, but you have to play. Some of you are likely getting frustrated at me for pushing this and that's fine. If we shorten the days under these conditions, I see many mis-lynches or no-lynches and even more frustration in the future. This probably should be in the game right now but this is general for future game play so if you are going to delete it Wake, please let me copy it and put it in the game first. Thanks

And here we go again!!!!

To the bold....you keep throwing the comment around we all agreed but I am part of that we and I didn't get a vote on anything. Your we all agreed is vapors. I've asked you a few times for a link.
Did I get one?
No.
What I did get was two more paragraphs claiming something was agreed to, but wtf and where?

Can you read and comprehend what is going on in this game or not? At the beginning of the game several of us discussed pseudo voting. You didn't listen or go along. As it turns out, most of us didn't go along with that but it was discussed and agree'd upon by several people. Then, MOST of us discussed not hammering without consensus and why, repeatedly and you come along and do it and then pretend you knew nothing about it which means you didn't read or listen or ask about it. Then many of us talked about why we shouldn't out the PR's at some length and you come along and immediately out yourself if you are who you say you are, effectively neutralizing your role. I am not wading through all the posts that you aren't reading anyway, to find you links. You think I'm lying. Fine, those folks that are arguing they didn't agree could still see these things are common sense to good gameplay for a town win. You are not listening or playing like a team player.

You were asked my myelf, mani, and grandma why you outed yourself. We discussed, especially at L-1 for you to prove your claim and to prove to us your claim that you were able to successfully save people-you said it was fruitful. I believe you were asked by 3 of us to do it. You NEVER 1 time did it. You never acknowledged any posts where we talked about it. Grandma was especially tough about this and she's dead now, another strike against you. And instead of reading, or acknowledging any of this, you are asking me to do it for you.

When questioned, you are abrasive, sarcastic, uncooperative, and you are acting guilty by turning around and accusing the 2 people left of lying and being scum who are questioning you the hardest. Even if you are the doc, you neutralized your role, making it worthless which was discussed by numerous people. That right there is enough to vote you off the island.

Your obvious not retaining information in the posts, not cooperating with anyone, being defensive and abrasive, and not explaining why you ruined your role, are not sitting well with me and my vote stays right where it is. Even if you are who you say you are, you screwed the game when you outed yourself and neutralized your role. OR you are lying which it certainly looks like with the way you won't answer questions, get defensive, won't cooperate, won't retain info., and try to pretend like the person talking to you about this stuff is the actual guilty one.

Your crappy gameplay is not helping a darn thing. I don't think I've seen a single post of yours that does anything to advance the game in a positive way. Do I think you are a bad player? Nope. Game 1 you were threatening enough that Avi and Shaitra were talking about taking you out. This game, scum isn't even bothering with you.

Take care.

Thanks for your concern!
But she's fine, the animal had to be put down.
She had dx'd Luna before the vet visit.
She brought Luna home in a box.
The vet had taped the box shut.
She insisted on opening the box so she could see Luna.
Her brother grabs a shovel and they bury Luna in the marsh.

Nice deflection on your part though.

You'll have your list of questions you claim I don't answer by tomorrow?

I am not going to discuss you accusing me of using a personal issue YOU brought up to deflect something you are falsely accusing me of. Asking questions you don't want to answer.

You are either lying or being wilfully ignorant. Either is not going to further game play. And NO I was not using your personal info to deflect something that YOU have to answer for. Not me, but you.

Review the posts and read. I am not making shit up, Grandma wasn't, mani isn't.

You hit the scum radar of myself, Grandma, mani, Mertex, RD, and Shaitra. If Grandma was around, that would be enough for a lynch right there.

I think those that don't want to go along are too afraid of making a wrong choice. I'm not. I've made my choice. So now that I've answered BOTH your posts, I am going to do what a very good player advised me to do in the sign ups section. Let other folks play the game for awhile and step back.

Finally, those of you who are pushing Mertex have not given me a good enough reason to go along. She is answering questions, actively playing, actively trying to find scum, and is explaining herself in a very thorough manner.

Rosie talking well of her was because she wasn't accusing her of being scum. She talked well of me too until I started accusing her and then she turned on me and she would of done so to anyone who questioned her because she was scum. Those that don't, of course she is going to suck up to. Scum is not going to be dumb enough to be that obvious about who their partners are.

If they were, then we would of been able to find them by now.

I would rather switch to Luissa who no one can read and who is flying under the radar. She is not really playing much and her vote for Bones makes no sense.

I would rather switch to dblack who is flying under the radar and voting without every explaining any of his votes.

So, Good luck town and have a nice day.

It's not real folks, :lol: As pointed out in the other thread the fear of making a mistake is killing some here. I'm so used to being wrong, it's humbling :), plus get this game over our dead buddies can play again

It looks like its still L-1 for [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] So she really needs to come clean as VT or PR and be able to back it up. If she can't, or won't it looks suspicious. “Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment"-Don Corleone

You know, everyone keeps claiming some are so much better players than others...pfft, I don't see anyone as not being good. Rosie did a scummy good job of confusing us.

scum knows who scum is.......townies have no advantage in this game....it is hard core guessing for the first few lynching...we havent gotten much info from the kills either....

i still dont see why yall are jumping on mabelle....or aye..i just dont get the scum feeling from either one..and remember grandma was not killed by us but by the mafia

as for people posting...summer is just about here....father's day is coming up.....hell my ass was gone all day yesterday and will be gone a good bit of today....like aye and ma said...real life is just a bitch....i have decline to play game #3 due to the greater demands real life is gonna put on my time in the up coming few months...i dont see post count as a real determining factor....

Forum List

Back