Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

I find it funny that if you activity go after people and discuss it until you just can't discuss it anymore you must be scum. On the flip side, if you don't over analyze the shit out of it you must be scum.
I have learned to go with my first instinct. It is right most of the time. Bones has seemed like scum since I started playing. So I voted for her.
Do you want me to post five hundred times over analyzing my vote and every other vote?
I can. I see it as pointless, but I can do it.
But like I said, my profession keeps me from discussing crimes too much.

Er, Luissa, according to Shiatra's stats, you have been right 0 out of 3 times.

And, we all have instincts, 4 of us have been wrong all three times, and no, we don't want you to post 500 times, but giving your reasons for suspecting someone other than instinct would help.

Okay, maybe you're right....although you don't know if those not voting for Rosie on the first day were wrong, like Luissa. On the 2nd Day , you don't know that those of us who didn't vote for Rosie were also wrong, so who do you suggest? The only thing is that enough of us have to go along to make it count. Those voting for me will be wrong, but if you all insist, go ahead...a lynch is still better than a no-lynch.

Pick someone and I'll go along and maybe WS and others will follow suit. I'm tired of being wrong.

You're a day early Mertex. The deadline is tomorrow on the 16th.

When I counted a player wrong, they either voted for the town person who was lynched, or didn't vote for scum. Players on the first day that didn't vote for Avatar were counted as being correct. So I did get Luissa calculated incorrectly, she is 1 for 3

On Day 1, those that didn't vote for Avatar and voted for Rosie didn't really know they were voting for Scum....as it turned out the next day, they did. But, also, Scum might have thrown in a vote on Avatar, for all we know.

I would hope they wouldn't, but we don't know that for fact. After the game we can check and see how Scum voted....may be an eye opener for the next game.

If you look at game one, Avatar and I were both 0 for 4 in our voting. And we were both scum. Does that mean that scum will always be wrong all the time? No.

But that is not to say that the Scum in this game would be using the same strategy. In other games I've read that they often let one of the Scum throw in a vote for Scum, if it's a foregone conclusion that the person is going to be lynched anyway, and that takes the heat off them.

I'm not going to tell you how to vote. Who do you think is scum?

I'm not asking you to tell me who to vote for. Obviously as Town we need to work together and each one of us voting for a different person isn't going to help much. I just wanted to know who you are leaning toward....since I've not been right any of the 3 times, maybe I need to vote along with someone who has. Of course if you are voting for someone that I definitely feel are not Scum, and I've given reasons for believing that, I would be inclined not to vote for that person, but I might be persuaded with a good argument.

I posted my list of who I thought was the most suspicious to the least.....I thought for sure MeBelle/Mani were, but since no one has come out to declare they are the doctor and MeBelle keeps saying she is, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Surely Scum would not let her live beyond this coming night since she's bragged about being the doctor, unless she is Scum, but we won't find out till the day after.

Of the ones that are 0 for 3, I have to discount myself (because I know that I am not Scum), and that only leaves 3 others, R.D., MeBelle and Luissa. So, my hunch has been MeBelle, but if she's telling the truth about being the Doctor, maybe R.D. and Luissa are working together. Luissa has seemed suspicious to me, but mostly because of her lack of participation, but if you think about it, Scum doesn't have to speculate much, they know who we are, all they have to worry about is who they vote for so as to not raise suspicion.

I would be willing to switch my vote to Luissa if any of you are willing to go along. My main concern is that if Townies are each voting their own suspicions there won't be enough votes on any one person to lynch. Of those voting for me, they could both be Scum, they could both be Town, or maybe just one of them is Scum, but if one or both are Town, they are wasting their vote.

Rosie went after people quite a bit, by that example I am guessing you and Wolfe are scum. You two seem to gunning for a few. Why is that?
And lack of participation? You mean because I am not in here discussing for hours why I am voting for someone, I have lack of participation? I have voted every time, and explained my vote. Is bickering for days part of the game? Lol
If it is, then I don't have time for that.

PS: I am not scum, I just have a job and six year old who just had his last week of school. ;)

I find it funny that if you activity go after people and discuss it until you just can't discuss it anymore you must be scum. On the flip side, if you don't over analyze the shit out of it you must be scum.

I have learned to go with my first instinct. It is right most of the time. Bones has seemed like scum since I started playing. So I voted for her.

Do you want me to post five hundred times over analyzing my vote and every other vote?

And, we all have instincts, 4 of us have been wrong all three times, and no, we don't want you to post 500 times, but giving your reasons for suspecting someone other than instinct would help.

Bones was my first choice when joining and I didn't vote for her, so wouldn't that mean I should have gone with my first instinct?
And I think I am 1-3, didn't someone correct that mistake?

You're a day early Mertex. The deadline is tomorrow on the 16th.

When I counted a player wrong, they either voted for the town person who was lynched, or didn't vote for scum. Players on the first day that didn't vote for Avatar were counted as being correct. So I did get Luissa calculated incorrectly, she is 1 for 3

On Day 1, those that didn't vote for Avatar and voted for Rosie didn't really know they were voting for Scum....as it turned out the next day, they did. But, also, Scum might have thrown in a vote on Avatar, for all we know.

I would hope they wouldn't, but we don't know that for fact. After the game we can check and see how Scum voted....may be an eye opener for the next game.

But that is not to say that the Scum in this game would be using the same strategy. In other games I've read that they often let one of the Scum throw in a vote for Scum, if it's a foregone conclusion that the person is going to be lynched anyway, and that takes the heat off them.

I'm not going to tell you how to vote. Who do you think is scum?

I'm not asking you to tell me who to vote for. Obviously as Town we need to work together and each one of us voting for a different person isn't going to help much. I just wanted to know who you are leaning toward....since I've not been right any of the 3 times, maybe I need to vote along with someone who has. Of course if you are voting for someone that I definitely feel are not Scum, and I've given reasons for believing that, I would be inclined not to vote for that person, but I might be persuaded with a good argument.

I posted my list of who I thought was the most suspicious to the least.....I thought for sure MeBelle/Mani were, but since no one has come out to declare they are the doctor and MeBelle keeps saying she is, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Surely Scum would not let her live beyond this coming night since she's bragged about being the doctor, unless she is Scum, but we won't find out till the day after.

Of the ones that are 0 for 3, I have to discount myself (because I know that I am not Scum), and that only leaves 3 others, R.D., MeBelle and Luissa. So, my hunch has been MeBelle, but if she's telling the truth about being the Doctor, maybe R.D. and Luissa are working together. Luissa has seemed suspicious to me, but mostly because of her lack of participation, but if you think about it, Scum doesn't have to speculate much, they know who we are, all they have to worry about is who they vote for so as to not raise suspicion.

I would be willing to switch my vote to Luissa if any of you are willing to go along. My main concern is that if Townies are each voting their own suspicions there won't be enough votes on any one person to lynch. Of those voting for me, they could both be Scum, they could both be Town, or maybe just one of them is Scum, but if one or both are Town, they are wasting their vote.

Rosie went after people quite a bit, by that example I am guessing you and Wolfe are scum. You two seem to gunning for a few. Why is that?
And lack of participation? You mean because I am not in here discussing for hours why I am voting for someone, I have lack of participation? I have voted every time, and explained my vote. Is bickering for days part of the game? Lol
If it is, then I don't have time for that.

PS: I am not scum, I just have a job and six year old who just had his last week of school. ;)

People were going after Rosie too, and nobody knew for sure she was Scum, everyone was speculating. People have come after me, and yes, I have defended myself. So, you're guessing that me and Wolf are Scum because we didn't vote for Rosie the first time but for Avatar. So did you. On day 2 you also didn't vote for Rosie, you voted for me, and you would have been wrong.

It's fine that you have a good reason why you're not in here trying to give your reasons for who you are voting other than your instinct, but you realize that only makes you suspect, so don't get upset. It is what it is.

I've learned a lot by looking at this and seeing where I've screwed up and will be changing my play for future games. If you look at the site, talking and posting is a huge part of playing. That's just the way the game works. You can't get anywhere if people don't post.

This may be long but worth reading. I'm considering adding it to the mafia discussion thread or PMing Wake and asking him if it is o.k. if I start a new thread for these kinds of things that will help us play better. This is long so bear with it.

Check this out for future games. I learned a lot here.

Claiming: Do not claim, except in the cases of L-1 or LyLo (Lynch or Lose-town must lynch scum during the present day phase or lose the game) Claiming only serves two purposes: it gives scum more information than they need to have, and it distracts town.

Please note: "Town" is an alignment. Saying that you are townie, VT, or civilian means that you are claiming a role, even if not a power role. You don't want to do this, as it can narrow the field on potential legitimate power roles, thus making it easier for the scum to pick them off.

Voting: You should do it. Do not be afraid to vote. Voting can and does create discussion. Even if you think you don't have enough evidence for a vote, feel free to lay out what you do have. More discussion helps town. Less discussion hurts town. If you still don't think you have enough for a vote, lay out your evidence and add a FoS - finger of suspicion, meaning you find the person suspicious but aren't ready to vote.

Please note: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO DIE. Remember, you win if your alignment wins, NOT if you survive until the end. Yes, it sucks to get killed, but the goal is to win, not to survive.

Posting: You should do it. You should always do your best to post your thoughts as often as possible because posting generates discussion.

Go for posting at least once a day, if not more. Sometimes games vary in discussion levels, but the easiest way to catch scum is by getting them to talk, and the easiest way to catch those who don’t talk is by posting.

The scum are not going to sit around with signs over their heads asking to be caught. You have to ask the hard questions and get them out into the open and make them mess up or say things they shouldn't. And I don't mean ask questions like, "How are you doing today?" Ask people about their motivations for doing things, or why they said things the way they did. Mafia is a game of details, and sometimes you have to be nitpicky.

Wall posts: Theoretically this helps the town because you’re getting you’re ideas out there for the town to see, read, and ultimately assess and analyze their own reads from; however, the more that’s written, the less people want to read, and the more that gets lost in translation.

Preview your posts to make sure only what needs to be said is said. Also, separate ideas by paragraphs, with a couple sentences each. This allows longer posts to be read with ease, and will more likely help others see all the information you'd like to say as opposed to potentially glossing over something that could be really important.

I've learned a lot by looking at this and seeing where I've screwed up and will be changing my play for future games. If you look at the site, talking and posting is a huge part of playing. That's just the way the game works. You can't get anywhere if people don't post.

This may be long but worth reading. I'm considering adding it to the mafia discussion thread or PMing Wake and asking him if it is o.k. if I start a new thread for these kinds of things that will help us play better. This is long so bear with it.

Check this out for future games. I learned a lot here.

Claiming: Do not claim, except in the cases of L-1 or LyLo (Lynch or Lose-town must lynch scum during the present day phase or lose the game) Claiming only serves two purposes: it gives scum more information than they need to have, and it distracts town.

Please note: "Town" is an alignment. Saying that you are townie, VT, or civilian means that you are claiming a role, even if not a power role. You don't want to do this, as it can narrow the field on potential legitimate power roles, thus making it easier for the scum to pick them off.

Voting: You should do it. Do not be afraid to vote. Voting can and does create discussion. Even if you think you don't have enough evidence for a vote, feel free to lay out what you do have. More discussion helps town. Less discussion hurts town. If you still don't think you have enough for a vote, lay out your evidence and add a FoS - finger of suspicion, meaning you find the person suspicious but aren't ready to vote.

Please note: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO DIE. Remember, you win if your alignment wins, NOT if you survive until the end. Yes, it sucks to get killed, but the goal is to win, not to survive.

Posting: You should do it. You should always do your best to post your thoughts as often as possible because posting generates discussion.

Go for posting at least once a day, if not more. Sometimes games vary in discussion levels, but the easiest way to catch scum is by getting them to talk, and the easiest way to catch those who don’t talk is by posting.

The scum are not going to sit around with signs over their heads asking to be caught. You have to ask the hard questions and get them out into the open and make them mess up or say things they shouldn't. And I don't mean ask questions like, "How are you doing today?" Ask people about their motivations for doing things, or why they said things the way they did. Mafia is a game of details, and sometimes you have to be nitpicky.

Wall posts: Theoretically this helps the town because you’re getting you’re ideas out there for the town to see, read, and ultimately assess and analyze their own reads from; however, the more that’s written, the less people want to read, and the more that gets lost in translation.

Preview your posts to make sure only what needs to be said is said. Also, separate ideas by paragraphs, with a couple sentences each. This allows longer posts to be read with ease, and will more likely help others see all the information you'd like to say as opposed to potentially glossing over something that could be really important.

Very good information. Yes, I think it would be good to have a place where we can check for strategy, clues, and things like that. I already knew not to be afraid to die, that's why I was okay with them lynching me, as long as the other Townies would be able to use that as a way to figure out who Scum was. I don't have time to analyze other Mafia games, it takes too long to figure out who is who and why the are saying what they are saying, but I like suggestions like what you posted...it helps keep us on track.

Reading that list will help future games but may also help us play this one better too for the remainder of it which is why I put it here.

I forgot to bold the wall posts part but that is what I need to work on. If I have a lot of info. to share I need to break it up better and only say what I need to say.

Many of us have screwed up with the claiming.

The part about posting once a day should really be twice or more in our set up. You don't have to spend a lot of time doing it but make them meaningful so we get something out of it.

Arguing is a big part of the game but not the bickering and flaming we've been doing but actually accusing others of suspicious activity and defending yourself.

Town discussion and reads are key. The above didn't talk about reads much but they should be done.

Bones was my first choice when joining and I didn't vote for her, so wouldn't that mean I should have gone with my first instinct?
And I think I am 1-3, didn't someone correct that mistake?

But it wasn't that you were right, it was just that you voted for me (which no one but I knew I was not Scum). You were wrong the first time (voted for Avatar), then you were wrong when you voted for Sameech. Shiatra counted the 2 day vote as being right, but you voted for me, and that would make you wrong. Of course, that won't prove out until I'm lynched or the game ends and everyone will know I was Townie.

It's not necessarily any one thing. But in the past couple of days, I noticed something. I don't want to be too specific because If I am right, I don't want to reveal what tipped me off.

last couple of days you have noticed what? hell if you are gonna say i am scum at least have the bitchy balls to say why

reveal or admit it is just bullshit

No. I may be putting someone at risk if I reveal. My reason is in the posts, all anyone has to do is go look for it.

Obviously the search tags are being made by the same people who start threads in the FZ and call others names.....real classy....what a coincidence that the only ones being targeted happen to be those who are on the opposite side of them on those threads....no Surprise.

This game, sorry to say, is being played according to who your friends are on the board and personally I'm sick of it.

Vote:Mertex

This looks pretty scummy to me.
It does if you didn't read my post as to why I did it. I get the feeling that you haven't spent much time reading the posts and I can understand why, there is so much drama being thrown in, that it's hard to read each and every single word.

I was trying to help town because I believe that a no-lynch will help Mafia. At least everyone would be able to see that I am Town, and could then focus on those that keep insisting that I am Scum. Scum knows what I am, and they are going to try and convince other Townies that I am Scum. If no one gets lynched, Mafia comes in at night and snuffs one of us out and the next day you'll still be coming after me thinking I'm Scum.

But, since some of the other Townies didn't want me to commit suicide, I took my vote off myself. I voted for AyeCantSeeYou because it seem like at the last count she had 4 ....since no one was willing to vote for MeBelle, whom I think is Scum, and we don't want to be caught tomorrow with a no lynch. A wrong guess is better than a no-lynch, because it narrows the field...at least that is my opinion.

A wrong guess provides more and better information than a no lynch in most situations.
I don't find you scummy enough to vote for; I'm just not a fan of self-voting.

Forum List

Back